Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

God's Truth

Jesus is God the Father come in the flesh.

That is why Jesus says when you see him, you have seen the Father.

That is why God says that Jesus will be called Father, God, and the Holy Spirit.

That is why Jesus says those who obey will be his children.

Does anyone want scriptures?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

That is why God says that Jesus will be called Father, God, and the Holy Spirit.

1. Wrong

2. Wrong.

Hebrews 1:1-4New King James Version (NKJV)

1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,
2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;
3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Provide the scriptures for points three and four. Before seeing them i tell you they are refutable.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned

nah, we know all that

genuineoriginal

Hebrews 1:1-4New King James Version (NKJV)

1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,
2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;
3 who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
4 having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

Provide the scriptures for points three and four. Before seeing them i tell you they are refutable.

That is an interesting passage of scripture.
It is almost as if the Pope did not travel back in time from the Niceaen council to inform the writer of the epistle to the Hebrews about the trinity doctrine.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is an interesting passage of scripture.
It is almost as if the Pope did not travel back in time from the Niceaen council to inform the writer of the epistle to the Hebrews about the trinity doctrine.

Yes it is and it refutes those who believe that Jesus is the Father.

Aimiel

3. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

God... The Father: Emmanuel (God with us).

4. Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Sorry, but nowhere in Scripture does God say that we will receive The Holy Ghosts. There is only One God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
3. Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

4. Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Sorry, but nowhere in Scripture does God say that we will receive The Holy Ghosts. There is only One God.

So you believe that the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all one in the same with no differences between them?

JosephR

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Mark 13:32

I am sure this has been brought up before, but what do you say to this? That God does not know His own intentions or plan?

And the passage that reads, If you have seen me you have seen the Father.. Yes that is true because Jesus taught the truth, God is real truth and love and justice and many things.

There are many many scriptures that refute the trinity but this one popped into my head today as I saw this thread. Thanks in advance for your reply's :)

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Mark 13:32

I am sure this has been brought up before, but what do you say to this? That God does not know His own intentions or plan?

And the passage that reads, If you have seen me you have seen the Father.. Yes that is true because Jesus taught the truth, God is real truth and love and justice and many things.

There are many many scriptures that refute the trinity but this one popped into my head today as I saw this thread. Thanks in advance for your reply's :)

So what is your assumption? Is Jesus God?

JosephR

So what is your assumption? Is Jesus God?

No I assume He is the Son of God, Son of Man , Lamb of God.
As John the Baptist declared Him when He saw Him coming down to the water.

Whatever the ancient Hebrews believed the Messiah would be, that is what He is.

25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. 26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

So Jesus told the truth , I that speak to you am He. The Messiah of the Jews.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No I assume He is the Son of God, Son of Man , Lamb of God.
As John the Baptist declared Him when He saw Him coming down to the water.

Then you don't see the connection between John 1:14 and John 1:1?

John 1:14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:1New American Standard Bible (NASB)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

JosephR

Then you don't see the connection between John 1:14 and John 1:1?

John 1:14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:1New American Standard Bible (NASB)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Yes of course I see John 1 , but do you have any comments on the scripture I asked about?

I think you read John 1 like this. IN the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with God,and Jesus was God.

So do you think Jesus is God having a human experience and not The Messiah He said He was?

Aimiel

So you believe that the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are all one in the same with no differences between them?
Nope. There are differences. They are different manifestations of The One True God. He is Whomever and Whatever He needs to be when He needs. Still small voice. Whirlwind. Melchidisidek. Spirit. Father. Son. Seven Spirits. We have only a peek at Him, as if we're peering through a dark brown beer bottle. Our mind couldn't comprehend Him even if we could see Him... it has a finite number of brain cells. He is Omniscient. Beyond our scope. Even those who have been to Heaven have never seen Him. He is shrouded in His Mystery. Someday soon He will pull the covers off, though:

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nope. There are differences. They are different manifestations of The One True God. He is Whomever and Whatever He needs to be when He needs. Still small voice. Whirlwind. Melchidisidek. Spirit. Father. Son. Seven Spirits. We have only a peek at Him, as if we're peering through a dark brown beer bottle. Our mind couldn't comprehend Him even if we could see Him... it has a finite number of brain cells. He is Omniscient. Beyond our scope. Even those who have been to Heaven have never seen Him. He is shrouded in His Mystery. Someday soon He will pull the covers off, though:

Revelation 10:7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Can God be the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit at the same time or can He only be one at a time?

achduke

Psa 51:10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Psa 51:11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.

Eze 11:19 I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.

Aimiel

Can God be the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit at the same time or can He only be one at a time?
Seven Spirits of God...

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God...

I believe He can be all that He wants at all times. He's God. Multi-tasking is no hard feat for Him.