Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I never made that claim, stop trying to create an obvious straw-man argument that is weak enough for even someone with the limited mental capacity you show to knock down.

Stop lying. You made that claim. I asked you:

You also would say that Jesus was the Son of God the Father, right?

You answered in the affirmative:

That is what is plainly taught by the Bible.

And, when I asked you:

Can you please cite where Jesus says, "I am the Son of God the Father"?

You answered this question by quoting John 10:36, despite the fact that, in John 10:36, Jesus does not say, "I am the Son of God the Father", but says, "I am the Son of God".

Since you are now trying to retract your claim that, in John 10:36, Jesus says, "I am the Son of God the Father", now you have to tell me where you think Jesus says, "I am the Son of God the Father". Where, in the Bible, do you read "Jesus is the Son of God the Father"? If nowhere, then why do you say that the Bible plainly teaches that Jesus is the Son of God the Father--despite the fact that you can't quote even a single instance of the Bible saying "Jesus is the Son of God the Father"? Where, in the Bible, do you find the phrase, "the Son of God the Father"? That's right: nowhere. Just as the phrase, "the Trinity", is nowhere to be found in the Bible. But, shallow, Christ-hating hypocrite that you are, you--while acknowledging that the Bible teaches that Jesus is the Son of God the Father (despite the absence of the phrase, "Jesus is the Son of God the Father")--you arbitrarily reject the Biblical teaching of the Trinity (because of the absence of the phrase, "the Trinity").

Yes, I keep saying that.

Why, though? What's your point in doing so?

Your passion is to go about proclaiming your Christ-despising denial of the Trinity. But, as you, yourself, have repeatedly admitted, to affirm that the Bible teaches that Jesus said, "I am the Son of God", and to quote Jesus' words, "I am the Son of God", is not a denial of the Trinity. You've repeatedly admitted that the Bible does not speak contradictory to the Trinity. So, by your own admission, to quote the Bible is to not speak contradictorily to the Trinity.

By your own admission, anything and everything you speak against the Trinity is wholly extra-Biblical, since the Bible never speaks against the Trinity. But, since you're a Bible-despiser, that's where your "wisdom" is to be found, as a matter of course: solely outside of the Bible.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I am saying that Trinitarians say strange things about God that the Bible doesn't say.

The Bible clearly and plainly states multiple times that God sent His Son to earth.
There are only three instances I know of in the Bible where God Himself is on earth.
  • God walked with Adam in the cool of the evening in the garden of Eden.
  • God met with the high priest in the Holy of Holies on the Day of Atonement.
  • God will be the light in the temple in New Jerusalem in the New Earth in the world to come.
Do you believe God sent His only begotten Son or do you believe as Trinitarians teach that Mary gave birth to God?

I asked you a yes or no question, you weasel:
When you say "Trinitarians think that God came as Himself," to whom are you referring by your word, "God"? Are you referring to God the Father? Yes or No?
Are you saying Trinitarians think that God the Father came as Himself? Yes or No?
Why can you not answer the question?

Stop trolling me with your garbage: answer the question, or shut up.

When you say "Trinitarians think that God came as Himself", are you saying that Trinitarians think that God the Father came as Himself? YES or NO????

ps.: I'm not shouting. I thought perhaps you missed my question before, because the font was too small. Maybe that's why you never answered it--maybe you never noticed it in the first place, right?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
JudgeRightly: said:
[if you mistakenly believe that Thomas is doing anything other than rightly calling Jesus his God, then you are saying that Thomas was blaspheming God.
The only logical possibility was that Thomas was not blaspheming God, but was calling Jesus God.

There is a logical fallacy called a "false dichotomy" which means that an argument is presented as having only two valid choices.

Either Thomas was blaspheming God or he wasn't.

Which is it? There's no in between.

It's called the law of identity, or the law of the excluded middle.

Your claim that ["Thomas was just using God's name as an interjection" is not blasphemy] is either true or it is false, and the Bible says that it's blasphemy, Exodus 20:7.

Saying "False dichotomy!" only works when there are other possibilities, and if there are, instead of just claiming, "False dichotomy!", you should provide what you think is a third option, so that it can be tested.

Is your argument based on the premise that someone who has spent the last three years with the one who taught the true law God gave to Moses doesn't even know what that commandment means?

Huh?

There is no proof that Jesus ever claimed to be God

There is plenty of proof that He did, just not verbatim like you want Him to have stated.

Spoiler

[h=1]The Deity of Christ: A Different Approach[/h]
What does the Bible say about the deity of Christ? For centuries, as affirmed at the Council of Nicea, Christians have used a wonderful list of verses to demonstrate from God's Word the deity of Jesus Christ. Here is another very different approach to show the same truth. (This is similar to the "Big Picture" approach used in the overview of the Bible called The Plot.)

Thus Saith the Lord: If we count how many times the Old Testament prophets said, "Thus says the Lord" we find them using that phrase, in the New King James Version of the Bible, about 420 times. The New Testament on the other hand, never once records that phrase. Jesus Christ, with all the red ink devoted to recording His words, never once used that ubiquitous phrase, "Thus saith the Lord." Rather, Jesus proclaims, "I say to you," in the Gospels! Not a single "Thus says the Lord," but rather, "I say to you," 135 times. The following chart demonstrates biblically that these two phrases, Thus saith the Lord, and I say unto you, indicate the same thing, that God is speaking. For Jesus Christ made it clear that He Himself was at the heart of His teaching. Unlike the righteous priests and kings, prophets and the apostles, the Lord focused His message on Himself:

Christ's Self-focus:
  • "Follow Me" 19x Mt. 4:19; 8:22; 10:38; 16:24; 19:21; Mk. 1:17; 2:14; 8:34; 10:21; Lk. 5:27; 9:59; 18:22; Jn. 1:43; 8:12; 10:27; 12:26; 13:36; 21:19, 22
  • Pray and act "in My name" 18x Mt. 7:22; 18:5; 18:20; [24:5]; Mk. 9:37, 39, 41; [13:6]; Lk. 9:48; [21:8]; 24:47; Jn. 14:13-14; 15:16; 16:23-24, 26; Acts 9:15
  • "the Holy Spirit" comes "in My name" Jn. 14:26
  • "for My name's sake" leave family and property Mt. 19:29; or even be killed 5x Mt. 24:9; [Lk. 21:12, 17;] Jn. 15:21; Acts 9:16
  • Believe in the "name of the… Son" and "in the Son" 3x Jn. 3:18, 36; 9:35 and "in Him [Jesus]" 4x Jn. 3:18; 6:29, 40; 8:31
  • "believe in Me" 14x Mt. 18:6; Mk. 9:42; Jn. 3:15-16, 18; 6:35, 47; 7:38; 11:25, 26; 12:44, 46; 14:1, 12; 16:8; 17:20
  • You "are sanctified by faith in Me" Acts 26:18
  • Live "in Me" Jn. 11:26
  • "come after Me" Mk. 8:34; Lk. 14:27
  • Abide "in Me" Jn. 15:2, 4:5, 7 "abide in Me" or else Jn. 15:6 "abide in My love" Jn. 15:9-10
  • "where two or three are gathered" Jesus is "there in the midst of them" Mt. 18:20
  • So too: "I [Jesus, will abide] in you" Jn. 15:4-5
  • "know that I am He" Jn. 8:28 or "if you do not believe that I am He you will die in your sins" Jn. 8:24
  • Do things "for My sake" Mt. 10:22, 39; even lose your life "for My sake" 4x Mt. 16:25; Mk. 8:35; 10:29; Lk. 6:22
  • "I never knew you, depart from Me" Mt. 7:23
  • "I am willing; be cleansed" Mt. 8:3; Mk.. 1:41
  • "confess Me" Mt. 10:32; Lk. 12:8
  • Do not deny "Me" 7x Mt. 10:33; 26:34; Mk. 14:30, 72; Lk. 12:9; 22:34; Jn. 13:38
  • Do not be "ashamed of Me" Mk. 8:38; Lk. 9:26 nor "My words"
  • "love Me" 5x Jn. 14:15, 21, 23-24, 28
  • Do not reject "Me" Lk. 10:16; Jn. 12:48
  • "He who is not with Me is against Me" Lk. 11:23
  • Love Me "more than" your family members Mt. 10:37; [Lk. 14:26]
  • "I… have loved you" Jn. 15:9, 12
  • Be "worthy of Me" Mt. 10:37-38
  • "Come to Me" 5x Mt. 11:28; Lk. 6:47; Jn. 5:40; 6:35; 7:37
  • "I will give you rest" Mt. 11:28
  • "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light" Mt. 11:30
  • I am "greater than the temple" "than Jonah" "than Solomon" Mt. 12:6, 41-42
  • I am "Lord even of the Sabbath" Mt. 12:8; Mk. 2:28; Lk. 6:5 [Lord of God's Ten Commandments]
  • Thus He says keep "My commandments" 4x Jn. 14:15, 21; 15:10, 12
  • "You are My friends if you do whatever I command you" Jn. 15:14
  • "keep My word" Jn. 14:23-24
  • "He who is not with Me is against Me" Mt. 12:30
  • The angels are "His angels" Mt. 13:41; 16:27 and He commands "His angels" Mt. 24:31; Mk. 13:27
  • The kingdom is "His kingdom" Mt. 13:41 and He calls it "My kingdom" Lk. 22:30
  • Jesus called it "My church" Mt. 16:18 and believers are "My sheep" Jn. 10:14, 27 and they are "His elect" Mt. 24:31; Mk. 13:27
  • Paul is a "vessel of Mine to bear My name" Acts 9:15
  • "all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine" Jn. 17:10
  • "My peace I give" Jn. 14:27 "in Me you may have peace" Jn. 16:33
  • "My joy" should fill you Jn. 15:11
  • "Who do men say that I am?" Mt. 16:13; Mk. 8:27 "who do you say that I am?" Mt. 16:15
  • Receive "Me" Mt. 18:5; Mk. 9:37; Lk. 9:48
  • Heaven and earth will pass away but "My words" will never Mt. [5:18] 24:35; Mk. 13:31; Lk. 21:33
  • Tell others about Jesus Mk. 5:19
  • "you belong to Christ" Mk. 9:41
  • Hear "My sayings" and do them Lk. 6:47
  • Jesus has "His own glory" Lk. 9:26; [Jn. 2:11; 16:14] The Son is "glorified" 8x Jn. 11:4; 12:23; 13:31-32; [17:1, 5, 10 24]
  • "He who hears you hears Me" Lk. 10:16
  • Jesus expects praise, from stones if necessary Lk. 19:37-40
  • Return "to Me" Lk. 22:32
  • Be "My disciple" Lk. 14:27; Jn. 8:31; 15:8 Forsake all to "be My disciple" Lk. 14:33 "you are My disciples" Jn. 13:35
  • "I shall send… the [Holy] Spirit" Jn. 15:26; 16:7
  • The Holy Spirit "will testify of Me" Jn. 15:26
  • We read in John 5 and Luke 24 that "the Scriptures… testify of Me" Jn. 5:39; [Lk. 24:44]
  • "You [Apostles] also will bear witness [of Me] because you have been with Me" Jn. 15:27
  • Paul gives "testimony concerning Me" Acts 22:18; 23:11
  • "the Son gives life to whom He will" Jn. 5:21
  • "seek Me" Jn. 6:26
  • Serve "Me" Jn. 12:26
  • "all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father" Jn. 5:23
  • "I am the bread of life," "of heaven," "of God" Jn. 6: 32-33, 35, 41, [48,] 51
  • Just seeing Christ is reason enough to believe in Him Jn. 6:36 [56]
  • Drink "My blood" and eat "My flesh" Jn. 6:53-54, 56
  • "I will raise him up at the last day" Jn. 6:40 for He is the resurrection
  • "The world… hates Me" Jn. 7:7
  • "I am the light of the world" Jn. 8:12; 9:5; 12:46
  • "I bear witness of Myself" Jn. 8:13-14, 18
  • "know… Jesus Christ" for "eternal life" Jn. 17:3; [8:19; 10:10, 14]
  • "the Son makes you free" Jn. 8:36
  • "Abraham rejoiced to see My day" Jn. 8:56; "Before Abraham was, I AM" Jn. 8:58
  • Of believers, Christ said, "I know them" Jn. 10:27
  • "I give them eternal life" Jn. 10:28
  • "I am the resurrection and the life" Jn. 11:25
  • I "will draw all peoples to Myself" Jn. 12:32
  • "I will… receive you to Myself" Jn. 14:3
  • Be "Mine" Jn. 14:24
  • "I am the vine" Jn. 15:5
  • "without Me you can do nothing" Jn. 15:5
  • "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you" Jn. 15:16
  • Those who oppress Christians are "persecuting Me" Acts 9:4-5; 22:7-8; 26:14-15
    "because they have not known… Me" Jn. 16:3
  • The Spirit "will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it" Jn. 16:14
  • "All things that the Father has are Mine" Jn. 16:15
  • "the Father… loves you, because you have loved Me" Jn. 16:27
  • "If I will that he remain" Jn. 21:22
  • "I have overcome the world" Jn. 16:33
  • "I am the way" Jn. 14:6
  • "I am… the truth" Jn. 14:6
  • "I am… the life" Jn. 14:6
  • "I will… manifest Myself" Jn. 14:21
As a summary, scores of times Jesus uses the personal pronoun My with words like: commandments, sake, words, lambs, sheep, peace, love, joy, voice, name, sayings, kingdom, angels, and church. Three examples powerfully illustrate the point. First, "Abraham rejoiced to see My day..." Secondly, "I know My sheep, and am known by My own." And thirdly, "Assuredly, I say to you... Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away." The prophets and John were the messengers; Jesus is the Message, the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and put Himself at the center of His message, because He is God.

The Forest for the Trees: A simple overview of Christ's message shows overwhelmingly that He is the Message. Thus, He is either a blasphemer, or God Himself. Very strong individual verses also show the Deity of Christ. The powerful and traditional deity proof texts far more effectively show Christ's deity when presented along with the big picture above of the ministry and message of Jesus Christ. Those traditional passages include John 1:1, 14; 9:38; 20:28; Mat. 2:11; Rom. 9:5; 2 Tim. 2:13; Heb. 1:3, 6, 8; Isa. 45:5, 18, 21 with John 1:3 and Titus 2:13; Col. 2:9 (in Christ "dwells all the fullness of the Godhead"); Phil. 2:6; Col. 1:16-17; Rev. 1:8, 18; 5:11-6:1.

The Deity of Christ and Eternal Separation: Two doctrines, the afterlife of eternal separation from God in hell, and that of the deity of Christ, are inextricably linked. Therefore many of those who deny the deity of Christ, including Jehovah's Witnesses, Sun Myung Moon's Unification Church, Ronald Hubbard's Scientology, and Christian Science, also deny an afterlife of eternal separation from God. Why? God put eternity in our hearts (Eccl. 3:11; Ps. 148:5-6) and so only a payment of infinite worth, something greater than the eternal futures of billions of human beings, could suffice to pay the price for our combined sin. When false teachers dismiss eternal punishment in Hades, they then fail to see the necessity of a Sacrifice of infinite worth.

Jesus Is God: The dramatic contrast in the above chart shows Christ's self-presentation compared to the angels and prophets who present God to the world. These other messengers elevated not themselves, but God. They focused attention not on themselves but on Him. Godly priests, kings, and apostles presented God as their motivating message, of course, and not themselves. Jesus, on the other hand, came speaking about Himself. His most oft used, favorite title for Himself, undoubtedly selected also to communicate His mission, is not the "Son of God", but the "Son of Man". For, eternally He was the Son of God, but being the Son of Man was new to Him and uniquely cherished. God the Son submits Himself to the Father, willingly, not as a sign of a lesser God, but of His greatness. For as He lowers Himself, He is exalted to the central truth of Creation! (See the above chart.) Thus His "I say unto you" is the Scripture's "Thus Saith the Lord"!

Three in the Bible: God exists as three persons in one Godhead, whom we refer to as the Trinity. Thus human beings made in His image also have a triune nature, and the cosmos itself is understood in threes, in the most fantastic ways. Before considering this, first see the Bible's extraordinary use of this number. Christ was three days in the tomb, which Jonah's three days foreshadowed, as did Abraham's three days of thinking that he would sacrifice his son Isaac on that same hill called Golgotha and Mt. Moriah (Gen. 22:14; 2 Chron. 3:1). Israel's three patriarchs are Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The priestly tribe of Levi is from Jacob's third child (Gen. 29:34), as Leviticus is the third book of the Bible. And the day the law was given, the sons of Levi killed "about three thousand men" (Ex. 32:28), whereas the day the Spirit was given, "that day about three thousand souls were [saved]" (Acts 2:41; and see 2 Cor. 3:6). The Hebrew Scriptures comprise three sections, the Law, the Prophets, and the Writings (Luke 24:44), and God created three archangels. The most noteworthy women are Eve, Sarah, and Mary. The magi brought gold, frankincense and myrrh. Three persons (one being the Son) started their public service at thirty years of age: Joseph (Gen. 41:46), a deliverer of his people; David (2 Sam. 5:4) seated on the messianic throne (2 Sam. 7:12-13); and "Jesus Himself began His ministry at about thirty years of age" (Luke 3:23). God could have led Esther to fast for two days, or four; and He could have kept Jonah in the whale for one day, or a week, but three days and three nights prefigures God’s plan of salvation for Christ's time in the grave. For Jesus "rose again the third day according to the Scriptures" (1 Cor. 15:4). And thus, the triune Christian God, the mystery of the Trinity, Three Persons in One God, is the one God whose testimony we can trust (answering both the philosophical problem of the origin of the one and the many, and Euthyphro's Dilemma by Socrates), having imprinted our world and even ourselves with His triune nature.

Threes Everywhere: The number three manifested in Scripture turns the Christian's attention outward to see space existing in three dimensions, height, width, and length, as does time in past, present and future. The electromagnetic force operates in positive, negative, and neutral, and in pigment the three primary colors are red, yellow, and blue whereas in light they are red, green, and blue which three blend into the hues of the rainbow. We human beings on this third planet from the Sun experience matter primarily in three states, solid, liquid, and gas. The strongest shape for building is the triangle. Writers often give three examples and artists group in threes as in interior design, sculpting, and even movie directors, as they have the word trilogy (1, 2, 3) but no word for any other number of films. Photographers use the rule of thirds and the language of DNA uses only three-letter words. Everything reinforces the triune aspect of all of existence, a reflection of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. See more at kgov.com/3.

Tripartite Man: And so we humans are body, soul, and spirit (1 Thes. 5:23). For God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness…" (Gen. 1:26). So mankind is made in God's image and likeness, image referring to our form, and likeness to our essence as sentient, morally-responsible persons. And unlike animals which look to the ground, men and women stand upright with a heavenly gaze. For the first thing that God created was a form, that is, an image, for the eternal Son to indwell (Col. 1:15; Rev. 3:14: Heb. 1:3; 5:5; 10:5; 2 Cor. 4:4; John 1:14; Phil. 2:5-6; 1 Tim. 2:5; Rev. 1:13-18). And in that image "He made man" (Gen. 9:6), and not in the image of apes. "So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them (Gen. 1:27).

The Plurality in God: The very first verse of Genesis presents the plurality of God, with Genesis 1:1 using a plural subject and a singular verb, that is, In the beginning gods He created the heavens and the earth. Elohim is the plural of the typical Hebrew word for God, which is El (cherub and seraph for example become plural as cherubim and seraphim, with Elah likely being the dual form, and Elohim being a plurality, in this case, three for the triune God). So, did Moses make a grammatical error in the first sentence of the first book of Scripture, in what has become not only the world's best-selling book, but in the most well-known sentence in the history of the world by using a singular verb with a plural subject? Of course not. For this was intentional. The Hebrew Scriptures in the most solemn texts presents God as a unified plurality. What grammarians refer to as the "royal we" comes from God's references to Himself using the plural: "Let Us make man in Our image," (Gen. 1:26). The solemn Hebrew prayer, called the Shema Yisroel, to the "one God" uses another plurality. For "The Lord our God, the Lord is One (of plurality)" at Deuteronomy 6:4 uses neither of the expected terms, yachad or even bad, words meaning a singularity, but God's Word uses the word echad, which is one in plurality as used by God at the Tower of Babel, "the people are one," and by Joseph "the dreams of Pharaoh are one," and by Moses, "the people answered with one voice," and back again to the beginning of Genesis at the institution of marriage when God says, "and they shall become one flesh." So this foundation prayer to God does not the use the Hebrew words for one, which mean a singularity (which words are never used in the Bible referring to God), but God describes Himself in the Bible using the One of plurality. So the Shema says: the Jehovah (who is the one God) our Elohim (plural) Jehovah is a Plural Unity! And Deuteronomy 6:4 is the central passage to all theology of God. Then the Scriptures go on to teach that the three Persons of the Trinity are God the Father (Isa. 63:16; Mal. 2:10), God the Son (Ps. 2:12; Zech. 12:10 and as in the chart above), and God the Spirit (Gen. 1:2; Isa. 48:16; Isa. 6:3; Rom. 5:5). See also Mat. 28:19; Acts 5:3-4, 9; 2 Cor. 13:14, and Psalm 110:1 with Matthew 22:41-46, and verses that show the personhood of the Spirit including Heb. 10:15-17.

And finally, denial of Christ's deity is a central teaching of many of today's cults, including for example the Jehovah's Witnesses. A lack of understanding of the plurality of the Godhead creates philosophical dilemmas such as the problem of the one and the many. And Socrates' pre-Christian argument against God called Euthyphro's Dilemma is resolved by none of the world's religions except for the Christian Answer to Euthyphro in the eternal corroborating testimony of the three Witnesses of the Trinity.

-Bob Enyart,

http://kgov.com/deity

Feel free to take your pick from whichever section you like and we can discuss it. I recommend starting at the beginning though...

but there is a lot of proof that Jesus was the Son of God.

Which no one here has denied, so why can't you just answer 7d7's question about what you mean by "God"?

Why do you want to deny the actual claims of Jesus in favor of a claim He never made?

As you were just shown, in this post, Jesus did in fact make claims as to Him being God, they just aren't verbatim "I am God" statements.

John 10:36
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Calling oneself "the Son of God" in the minds of the Jews at the time was the equivalent of calling oneself God, because the Jews knew that God existed as a plurality.

You believe what the Jews who wanted to stone Jesus said over the words of Jesus Himself?

So why didn't Jesus correct them? Why didn't He correct Thomas?

Why did God inspire multiple authors to write about Jesus as if He were God? Why did Jesus say what He said throughout His ministry that puts himself on equal footing with God, where no other righteous creature would even think of doing so?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
That sounds like it should apply to everyone and not just you.
It does! Who suggested otherwise?

You believe what the Jews who wanted to stone Jesus said over the words of Jesus Himself?

John 10:36
36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

I quoted Jesus' own words you stupid dunce.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Okay, look you guys. I think I'm well and truly done with this place.

As predicted, these fools aren't moved at all by even the most plainly obvious passages of scripture that directly contradict their doctrine. This is nothing at all but a absolutely pure waste of time that accomplishes nothing but getting me frustrated and angry.

Right Divider

Body part
Okay, look you guys. I think I'm well and truly done with this place.

As predicted, these fools aren't moved at all by even the most plainly obvious passages of scripture that directly contradict their doctrine. This is nothing at all but a absolutely pure waste of time that accomplishes nothing but getting me frustrated and angry.

I feel your pain. It makes me angry too, but it's also taught be a lot about patience.
I really hope that you don't leave as this place is running a little short of good guys.

NWL

There is no argument that could possibly convince you and so you can stick your condescending attitude right where...well...nevermind.
I'll post anything I want to post whether you like it not. I neither request nor require your permission and I certainly don't do a single thing based on whether drooling morons find what I have to say convincing.

Besides, I didn't say it anyway! I didn't write the bible! It was the Apostle John who wrote that the Jews wanted to stone Jesus for claiming to be God not me. And that is precisely what the text says, in any language you want to read it in and that is precisely what Jesus was doing and He did it precisely for the purpose of making the Jews go crazy! Him being killed was part of the plan, after all, and they weren't going to do that because He was a "good teacher" and a nice guy.t

Don't bother responding to this post. I won't read it. You, like virtually everyone else on this site, are too big a waste of my time.

Clete

You can post whatever you like, just don't use the same arguments that have been shown to be false over and over again and use convincing arguments. The crazy thing is that if someone was able to show me things contrary to what I believe and it was consistent and didn't contradict scripture I would change my mind. Every single time I've attempted to engage with healthy debate people end up refusing to answer my questions and rebuttals as they know deep down my core understanding of the bible (which many others also have) is solid and unmovable.

I could care less if you read my post or not, it simply shows you lack the patience of a true Christian.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You can post whatever you like, just don't use the same arguments that have been shown to be false over and over again and use convincing arguments. The crazy thing is that if someone was able to show me things contrary to what I believe and it was consistent and didn't contradict scripture I would change my mind. Every single time I've attempted to engage with healthy debate people end up refusing to answer my questions and rebuttals as they know deep down my core understanding of the bible (which many others also have) is solid and unmovable.

I could care less if you read my post or not, it simply shows you lack the patience of a true Christian.

Then why is your understanding of who Jesus Christ is flawed? The Bible says that Jesus is the Word and the Word is God. Only the New World Testament says that Jesus is a God which is a fabrication of the Watchtower Society.

God's Truth

The Bible says JESUS IS THE KING of kings.

Revelation 17:14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

Now read this scripture that plainly says the ONLY GOD AND KING.

That proves Jesus is God!

1 Timothy 6:15 which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

Jesus is GOD and the ONLY RULER, the KING of kings and Lord of lords.

God's Truth

Who is the Son of Jesus (God)?

Jesus is God but he is called a son because he came from God the Father.

That is how humans understand son and or daughter, when one comes from another in the flesh.

God came in the flesh as a man. That is why we say Jesus is the son of God.

If someone comes from me in the flesh then the person is my son, or daughter.

God's Truth

The scriptures say Jesus is God.

These scriptures say Jesus is the Lord who was and is and is to come; and these scriptures call him God Almighty.

Revelation 4:8
And each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around and within. Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!"

Revelation 1:7-8 KJV
(7) Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
(8) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 1:4
John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from Him who is and was and is to come, and from the sevenfold Spirit before His throne,

Jesus is the one who IS and who WAS and IS to come.
It says PLAINLY that he is Jesus the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY.

God's Truth

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Jesus is who is over all and through all and in all the saved.

God's Truth

2 Chronicles 6:30 then hear from heaven Your dwelling place, and forgive, and render to each according to all his ways, whose heart You know for You alone know the hearts of the sons of men,

That scripture says GOD ALONE knows all peoples hearts.

Jesus knows the hearts of all people. So Jesus is God.

John 2:24 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,

God's Truth

Jesus is God

Zechariah 12:10
Then I will pour out on the house of David and on the residents of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and prayer, and they will look on Me, the One they have pierced. They will mourn for Him as one mourns an only child, and weep bitterly for Him as one grieves a firstborn son.

Revelation 1:7-8 KJV
(7) Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
(8) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

John 18:6 When Jesus said, "I am he," they drew back and fell to the ground.

John 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

God's Truth

Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior be glory,

Acts 5:31 God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might bring Israel to repentance and forgive their sins.

Isaiah 43:3 For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead.

Isaiah 43:11 I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.

Isaiah 62:11 The LORD has made proclamation to the ends of the earth: "Say to Daughter Zion, 'See, your Savior comes! See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him.'"

Isaiah 25:9 And it will be said in that day, "Behold, this is our God for whom we have waited that He might save us. This is the LORD for whom we have waited; Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation."

Isaiah 33:22 For the LORD is our judge, The LORD is our lawgiver, The LORD is our king; He will save us—

The scriptures say that God the Father is King, and the scriptures say that Jesus is King. The scriptures say God is the only God and SAVIOR, and the scriptures say Jesus is the SAVIOR. Do you think there are two Kings and two Saviors when the Bible says the only one? There is only one King and Savior and that proves Jesus is God the Father come as a Son to save us.

Jesus is our God and Savior:

Titus 2:13 King James Bible
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

God's Truth

Jesus is the rock

Romans 9:33 As it is written: “See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who believes in him will never be put to shame.”

1 Corinthians 10:4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritualrock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

1 Peter 2:8 And, “A stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall.” They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.

Read this:

1 Samuel 2:. 2"There is no one holy like the LORD, Indeed, there is no one besides You, Nor is there any rock like our God.

Now, since there is NO ROCK LIKE OUR GOD---whom do you say Jesus is? Do you say he is the ROCK AND GOD, or like GOD THE ROCK?

If you say 'like' God the Rock, then YOU JUST WENT AGAINST THE WORD OF GOD.

God's Truth

Read what God says about Himself in the Old Testament:

Isaiah 48:12 "Listen to me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

Read Revelations 22:13.

12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the last.

Read what Jesus says about himself in Revelation 1:8.

In Revelation 1:8, “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

That is Jesus speaking of himself.

Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. Read this scripture.

Jesus is the exact same as God the Father.

Revelation 1:17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.

That is also, what God the Father says about Himself in the Old Testament.

Isaiah 44:6 "This is what the LORD says--Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was the Apostle John who wrote that the Jews wanted to stone Jesus for claiming to be God not me. And that is precisely what the text says, in any language you want to read it in
Yeppers.

They could connect the dots better than some "believers" do these days.