Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

God's Truth

Who, what, where? :doh:

Jesus' throne, and you, and you still don't have the name above every name.

Did you lose track on what we were talking about?

You say Jesus is not God.

I said he is given the NAME ABOVE every name and sat down on the Father's throne.

You getting to sit on it with Jesus will not ever get you the highest name.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Jesus' throne, and you, and you still don't have the name above every name.

Did you lose track on what we were talking about?

You say Jesus is not God.

I said he is given the NAME ABOVE every name and sat down on the Father's throne.

You getting to sit on it with Jesus will not ever get you the highest name.

Never said it would.

I can settle for as.

Matthew 10:25

“It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?”

Can you settle for in?

“To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.”
King James Version (KJV)

God's Truth

Never said it would.

I can settle for as.

Matthew 10:25

“It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?”

Can you settle for in?

“To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.”
King James Version (KJV)

Stop trying to get out of the issue at hand, and it is that Jesus has been given the name above others, we have not.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Stop trying to get out of the issue at hand, and it is that Jesus has been given the name above others, we have not.

Philippians 2:9-11New International Version (NIV)
9*
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
****and gave him the name that is above every name,
10*
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
****in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11*
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
****to the glory of God the Father.

God's Truth

9*
10*
11*

What do you think you have disproved?

Jesus has the highest place and the name above all others---BUT YOU don't want to call him that name.

God's Truth

9*
10*
11*

Jesus has the same name as God the Father.

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Revelation 17:14
They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

1 Timothy 6:15
which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,

Paul said he is GOD.

Read Revelation 22:12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

Did you read that?

The scriptures Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Those are God the Father's names.

Isaiah 44:6 "This is what the LORD says--Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12 "Listen to me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

GOD is our Savior

Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior be glory,

Jesus is our God and Savior:

Titus 2:13 King James Bible
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Jude 1:25 to the only God our Savior be glory,

Did you read that?

The ONLY GOD our SAVIOR.

JESUS IS CALLED THE SAVIOR, but you will NOT call Him the only God.

God is the Redeemer

Psalm 78:35 They remembered that God was their Rock, that God Most High was their Redeemer.
Isaiah 48:17
This is what the LORD says-- your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the LORD your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.
Isaiah 54:8
In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you," says the LORD your Redeemer.
Jesus is the Redeemer
Luke 1:68
“Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come to his people and redeemed them.
Galatians 3:13
Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”
Galatians 3:14
He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

God is the Holy One.
Isaiah 54:5 For your Maker is your husband-- the LORD Almighty is his name-- the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; he is called the God of all the earth.

Jesus is the Holy One.

Acts 3:14 You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you.

God is our Rock, and Jesus is our Rock.
Psalm 31:2
Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me.
Psalm 31:3
Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
Psalm 42:9
I say to God my Rock, "Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?
Jesus is the rock
Romans 9:33
As it is written: “See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who believes in him will never be put to shame.”
1 Corinthians 10:4
and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.
1 Peter 2:8
and, “A stone that causes people to stumble and a rock that makes them fall.” They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Stay in the darkness JR, I would guess that you are one who is not to know truth. You would rather sit and soak up all the false stuff the church has taught.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TOL mobile app

You're the one who is complaining about those "who promote stuff that is not backed up by the Lord or his Apostles" and then when JR posts a purely biblical argument, you ignore it.

Why?

If it truly is stuff that you've "seen and pondered over for many years" then please, by all means, shine the glory of your wisdom down on us by refuting JR's entirely biblical argument.

Resting in Him,
Clete

keypurr

You're the one who is complaining about those "who promote stuff that is not backed up by the Lord or his Apostles" and then when JR posts a purely biblical argument, you ignore it.

Why?

If it truly is stuff that you've "seen and pondered over for many years" then please, by all means, shine the glory of your wisdom down on us by refuting JR's entirely biblical argument.

Resting in Him,
Clete

His stuff is nothing new. I am not gifted enough with words to show all of my thoughts. But I know his for I was there. JR is a very dedicated person to his church, I was also. But we should not assume that verses say what they are until you can prove the content of them.

I differ from most, thats ok with me. But it breaks my heart to see folks who just accept the stuff that the churches have taught us over the years. You get to the point where you give up trying to show them another opinions on scriptures. Being gifted with knowledge does not make one a good teacher. I believe that I have been blessed with some truth and I shared it the only way I know how.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
His stuff is nothing new. I am not gifted enough with words to show all of my thoughts. But I know his for I was there. JR is a very dedicated person to his church, I was also. But we should not assume that verses say what they are until you can prove the content of them.

I differ from most, thats ok with me. But it breaks my heart to see folks who just accept the stuff that the churches have taught us over the years. You get to the point where you give up trying to show them another opinions on scriptures. Being gifted with knowledge does not make one a good teacher. I believe that I have been blessed with some truth and I shared it the only way I know how.

You really think that the Trinity doctrine is some sort of church inspired conspiracy theory?

To what end?

Besides, JR hasn't made any argument that sounds similar to "The Christian church has believed and taught the Trinity doctrine for centuries. Who are we to disagree?" has he? It seems to me that he's made 100% pure biblical arguments. You focus on the single word "in" and turn verses that should convince you to drop your position into something that the context does not support. JR then responds to that with completely biblical arguments and you ignore them.

It sees to me that there is more going on here than a simple disagreement. You're emotionally invested. Your position then is the dogma, not the Divinity of Christ. You get that Jesus is God from having simply read the bible and taking it for what it clearly states. You're the one having to jump through totally unintuitive hoops to prevent the most obvious conclusion.

Resting in Him,
Clete

God's Truth

:chuckle:

Okay, why are you chuckling? They were destined to stumble not predestined. Is that all you have to do is chuckle to ALL THE MANY scriptures I gave proving Jesus is God? Since all those scriptures don't mean enough to you then I won't bother with giving you any more.

keypurr

You really think that the Trinity doctrine is some sort of church inspired conspiracy theory?

To what end?

Besides, JR hasn't made any argument that sounds similar to "The Christian church has believed and taught the Trinity doctrine for centuries. Who are we to disagree?" has he? It seems to me that he's made 100% pure biblical arguments. You focus on the single word "in" and turn verses that should convince you to drop your position into something that the context does not support. JR then responds to that with completely biblical arguments and you ignore them.

It sees to me that there is more going on here than a simple disagreement. You're emotionally invested. Your position then is the dogma, not the Divinity of Christ. You get that Jesus is God from having simply read the bible and taking it for what it clearly states. You're the one having to jump through totally unintuitive hoops to prevent the most obvious conclusion.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Understand my issue is that YHWH is the only true God, just as my Lord told you in John 17:3. And YHWH tells me that he is the only God. So why should I not get upset when the church makes another God? I am very emotionally invested in both my God and my Lord. I assume you feel the same way. There is no Trinity defined as God in the Bible.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Understand my issue is that YHWH is the only true God, just as my Lord told you in John 17:3. And YHWH tells me that he is the only God.
I agree completely and so does every other Trinitarian.

So why should I not get upset when the church makes another God? I am very emotionally invested in both my God and my Lord. I assume you feel the same way.
If that's what they were doing being upset would be a natural response. The point here is that this IS NOT what they are doing. You can jump up and down and stomp your feet and pound your fist and throw as much emotional energy into your insistence to the contrary all you want but it doesn't change the facts. The Christian church does not and never ever has taught that there is anything other than the one singular God who created all things and is the only One worthy of praise, the only One worth of worship and the only One worthy to die for our sin.

There is no Trinity defined as God in the Bible.
The word Trinity isn't in the bible but that doesn't mean that the concept isn't present. It is flatly undeniable that the Apostle John present Jesus as the Creator become flesh. The direct implication being that is was the pre-incarnate Jesus that spoke the words "Let there be light." Also the only sin that will not be forgiven is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. God is the only One who can be blasphemed in the sinful sense of the word and it doesn't say that blasphemy of the Father won't be forgiven nor blasphemy of the Son. This directly and unequivacably equate the Holy Spirt with God. Not only that but Jesus was resurrected by the power of who, the Father? No! He was risen by the power of the Holy Spirit and yet Jesus stated explicitly that He not only had the power to lay down His life but to take it up again. So which is it? Did Jesus resurrect Himself or did the Holy Spirit do it. Further still Jesus stated as clear as day that He and the Father are One and when He told the Pharisees that "before Abraham, I Am", He was so clearly claiming to be God that they wanted to kill Him right then and there!

I could literally go on and on and on. People do not pull the Trinity doctrine out of thin air. They get it from the bible and nowhere else. I agree that some take it too far and believe an outright contradiction but let's not throw out the baby with bath water. Let's keep that which we can establish biblically and reject that which is irrational.

Resting in Him,
Clete

keypurr

I agree completely and so does every other Trinitarian.

If that's what they were doing being upset would be a natural response. The point here is that this IS NOT what they are doing. You can jump up and down and stomp your feet and pound your fist and throw as much emotional energy into your insistence to the contrary all you want but it doesn't change the facts. The Christian church does not and never ever has taught that there is anything other than the one singular God who created all things and is the only One worthy of praise, the only One worth of worship and the only One worthy to die for our sin.

The word Trinity isn't in the bible but that doesn't mean that the concept isn't present. It is flatly undeniable that the Apostle John present Jesus as the Creator become flesh. The direct implication being that is was the pre-incarnate Jesus that spoke the words "Let there be light." Also the only sin that will not be forgiven is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. God is the only One who can be blasphemed in the sinful sense of the word and it doesn't say that blasphemy of the Father won't be forgiven nor blasphemy of the Son. This directly and unequivacably equate the Holy Spirt with God. Not only that but Jesus was resurrected by the power of who, the Father? No! He was risen by the power of the Holy Spirit and yet Jesus stated explicitly that He not only had the power to lay down His life but to take it up again. So which is it? Did Jesus resurrect Himself or did the Holy Spirit do it. Further still Jesus stated as clear as day that He and the Father are One and when He told the Pharisees that "before Abraham, I Am", He was so clearly claiming to be God that they wanted to kill Him right then and there!

I could literally go on and on and on. People do not pull the Trinity doctrine out of thin air. They get it from the bible and nowhere else. I agree that some take it too far and believe an outright contradiction but let's not throw out the baby with bath water. Let's keep that which we can establish biblically and reject that which is irrational.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Just like the church, you could go on and on with your half truths and fables. There is NO VERSE where Jesus says he is God. It is just the opposite, he says only his Father is God. But you and the church in your wisdom say he is wrong, you say there are three Gods in one. That is not what Jesus or his Apostles teach.

Make your choice, Jesus or the church.

God's Truth

Just like the church, you could go on and on with your half truths and fables. There is NO VERSE where Jesus says he is God. It is just the opposite, he says only his Father is God. But you and the church in your wisdom say he is wrong, you say there are three Gods in one. That is not what Jesus or his Apostles teach.

Make your choice, Jesus or the church.

Jesus is the Christ and he is God come in the flesh as a Son.

All these scriptures I am going to post are about the same time in the desert. They are scriptures from different books, but they are all about the same time in the desert.
Read this scripture, it says we should not test CHRIST:

1 Corinthians 10:9 We should not test Christ, as some of them did--and were killed by snakes.

Did you read that? Jesus is Christ, agree? That scripture shows us that Christ was in the desert with Moses.

Now read this scripture:
Exodus 17:2
Therefore the people quarreled with Moses and said, "Give us water that we may drink." And Moses said to them, "Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you test the LORD?"

Did you read that?

MOSES says why you test the LORD.

Test who?

Christ.

Test who?

The LORD.

Now read this scripture:

Psalm 106:14
But craved intensely in the wilderness, And tested God in the desert.

Did you read that?

Test who in the desert?

TESTED GOD.

Read this scripture:

Psalm 95:9
"When your fathers tested Me, They tried Me, though they had seen My work.

Tested who?

Tested Me.

Who is Me?

Me is God the Father and Jesus Christ the Son.

So then, we can see that Christ is the LORD God the Father.

Christ means God/Lord/Spirit.
That is who God is; He is God, Lord, Spirit.
That is who Jesus is; He is God, Lord, Spirit.
There is only one God and He is the Father.
Jesus is that one and same God the Father come in the flesh as a Man.
Jesus is the Christ, the Lord God and Father.

You going in circles and still confused...go back to the scripture that I gave that show us Jesus is God, the Christ, the Me, the LORD.