Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So instead of showing me how I'm wrong, you claim that I am unable to understand your points?

I understand what you're points are, Keypurr, and I'm showing you how you're wrong, but because you've set in your mind the thought that you've somehow found the truth and that the church is lying to everyone, you have caused yourself to put forth nonsense, and even blasphemy.

Keypurr, you have put limits on your mind, and because of that you will not find truth. I expect you to learn from those who are more knowledgeable, and to understand their thoughts, so that you may become a man of God, complete and thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Maybe you should not lean on your own understanding, instead of calling scripture nonsense.

It would be better for you to grab hold of tradition and learn Keypurr.

keypurr

It would be better for you to grab hold of tradition and learn Keypurr.

Creatures are not God my friend. Creatures are creations. And so are IMAGES. You fail to see that the son is the express IMAGE of the Father and God was pleased that he contained God's fullness.

God created all through his first (firstborn) of all creation.

Sent from my iPad using TOL

keypurr

Jesus Christ the Son of God:

Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment. - John 7:24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John7:24&version=NKJV

Simon answered and said, “I suppose the one whom he forgave more.” And He said to him, “You have rightly judged.” - Luke 7:43 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke7:43&version=NKJV

Paul the Apostle of God:

But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. - 1 Corinthians 2:15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians2:15&version=NKJV

Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge?I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren? - 1 Corinthians 6:2-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians6:2-5&version=NKJV

Keypurr, these are addressed to hypocrites like yourself, who judge those who judge with righteous judgment.

“Judge not, that you be not judged.For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye?Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye?Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye. - Matthew 7:1-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew7:1-5&version=NKJV

You who judged your sisters, bear your own shame also, because the sins which you committed were more abominable than theirs; they are more righteous than you. Yes, be disgraced also, and bear your own shame, because you justified your sisters. - Ezekiel 16:52 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel16:52&version=NKJV

Hypocrites! You can discern the face of the sky and of the earth, but how is it you do not discern this time? - Luke 12:56 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke12:56&version=NKJV

“Yes, and why, even of yourselves, do you not judge what is right? - Luke 12:57 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke12:57&version=NKJV

Need I go on? No? Good.

Your letting biblegateway do your thinking friend..

True that I am a sinner also, but I try not to distort what I see as God's word. The churches have done a great job of misunderstand the content of scripture because their forefathers did.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Your letting biblegateway do your thinking friend..

Wut...? What does Bible Gateway have to do with this? I'm quoting scripture and I'd rather not type it out word for word. Keypurr, if you have a problem with me quoting scripture from a reliable source, then you have more issues than with just your theology.

True that I am a sinner also, but I try not to distort what I see as God's word. The churches have done a great job of misunderstand the content of scripture because their forefathers did.

Have you ever considered that you're the one who has misunderstood what scripture is saying and not the church? That you're the one distorting it?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Creatures are not God my friend.

Jesus is not a created being.

Creatures are creations.

Correct. And we should worship the Creator and NOT the creature.

And so are IMAGES.

The perfect copy of something is the thing itself. When you go into the bathroom and see yourself in the mirror, as far as the physical universe is concerned, it is the express image of you, down to the last freckle and white hair. It is not you, but a copy of you, and express image. When someone looks at your mirror image, they can say, "You look good today." are they talking to the mirror image? Or are they talking to you? If to you, how do they know you look good? Because they see your express image.

That is why Jesus says "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father," because Jesus is the perfect copy of His Father. If you want to know what the Father is like, look at His Son, who is God.

You fail to see that the son is the express IMAGE of the Father and God was pleased that he contained God's fullness.

You fail to see that a perfect copy (express image) of God is God Himself. If Jesus has all the fullness of God, a perfect copy, then that makes Him God. And we know that God is eternal, therefore Jesus, as God, is eternal, just as His Father is eternal, and just as the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, is eternal.

God created ALL things. Therefore, if something was created, then it CANNOT BE God. Yet it says in Genesis 1:1 that in the beginning GOD created. Therefore it was not a created being that created.

Or do you claim that almost every single translation of the Bible is wrong? Either Keypurr is right or the Bible is right. I'd tend to go with God's Word on that one.

glorydaz

Brother BR, like yourself have tried to drag me back into the darkness of tradition but my faith in my Lord and his God will not allow that to happen.

Unfortunately for you, Keypurr, you don't know your Lord is God our Saviour.

1 Tim. 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;​

Genesis 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,​

And most unfortunate of all.....your PRIDE will never allow you to admit it.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Creatures are not God my friend. Creatures are creations. And so are IMAGES. You fail to see that the son is the express IMAGE of the Father and God was pleased that he contained God's fullness.

Absolutely Wrong! A creation is part of the creation. He could not be the Creator.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Brother BR, like yourself have tried to drag me back into the darkness of tradition but my faith in my Lord and his God will not allow that to happen.

We are trying to bring you back into the light!

John 1:1-5 New Living Translation (NLT)

Prologue: Christ, the Eternal Word
1 In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,
and the Word was God.
2 He existed in the beginning with God.
3 God created everything through him,
and nothing was created except through him.
4 The Word gave life to everything that was created,
and his life brought light to everyone.
5 The light shines in the darkness,
and the darkness can never extinguish it.

Titus 2:13 New Living Translation (NLT)

13 while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed.

keypurr

Wut...? What does Bible Gateway have to do with this? I'm quoting scripture and I'd rather not type it out word for word. Keypurr, if you have a problem with me quoting scripture from a reliable source, then you have more issues than with just your theology.

Your q2uoting someone else opinion, not yours. Your source is not perfect friend.

Have you ever considered that you're the one who has misunderstood what scripture is saying and not the church? That you're the one distorting it?

As a former very active church member yes I considered that my thoughts might be wrong, but I knew the church was way off base. That's why I left. Now I am free to think for myself.

keypurr

Jesus is not a created being.

YES HE IS.

Correct. And we should worship the Creator and NOT the creature.

agree

The perfect copy of something is the thing itself. When you go into the bathroom and see yourself in the mirror, as far as the physical universe is concerned, it is the express image of you, down to the last freckle and white hair. It is not you, but a copy of you, and express image. When someone looks at your mirror image, they can say, "You look good today." are they talking to the mirror image? Or are they talking to you? If to you, how do they know you look good? Because they see your express image.

Do they see and feel my emotions, do they know my every thought? No, they do not.
That is why Jesus says "If you have seen Me you have seen the Father," because Jesus is the perfect copy of His Father. If you want to know what the Father is like, look at His Son, who is God.

He reflected the person of God by speaking his words.

You fail to see that a perfect copy (express image) of God is God Himself. If Jesus has all the fullness of God, a perfect copy, then that makes Him God. And we know that God is eternal, therefore Jesus, as God, is eternal, just as His Father is eternal, and just as the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, is eternal.

Disagree, Jesus the man is not a perfect copy of God the SPIRIT. That is my point. The SON of Col 1:15 is NOT a man, its a Spirit.

God created ALL things. Therefore, if something was created, then it CANNOT BE God. Yet it says in Genesis 1:1 that in the beginning GOD created. Therefore it was not a created being that created.

Or do you claim that almost every single translation of the Bible is wrong? Either Keypurr is right or the Bible is right. I'd tend to go with God's Word on that one.

God created ALL through is first creation, the logos, spirit Son. That son was GIVEN the fullness of his creator. He is a godlike spiritual creature. This is the spirit that was IN Jesus at his anointing.

keypurr

Absolutely Wrong! A creation is part of the creation. He could not be the Creator.

Yes he would if God gave him his fullness. Did not Jesus say that ALL power in heaven and earth was given o him? That makes him a created form of God. Yet he has God.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Your q2uoting someone else opinion, not yours. Your source is not perfect friend.

KEYPURR! LISTEN TO YOURSELF!

You are claiming that the scripture verses I am quoting are not valid! YOU ARE SAYING SCRIPTURE IS NOT VALID!

If you don't like where I copy and paste scripture from, Keypurr, GO AND LOOK UP THE VERSES YOURSELF, AND COMPARE THEM TO WHAT I AM QUOTING!

THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL YOU BE ABLE TO SAY, IF WHAT IS QUOTED IS NOT ACCURATE, THAT IT ISN'T ACCURATE!

Keypurr, I'm not going to play games with you because you don't like where I quote the Bible from. If you don't like it, SHOW ME WHERE THE VERSES I QUOTE ARE WRONG, AND THEN SHOW ME THE CORRECT TRANSLATION. Otherwise, do not bring up this matter again.

As a former very active church member yes I considered that my thoughts might be wrong, but I knew the church was way off base. That's why I left. Now I am free to think for myself.

So you, a man, said that what the church, an authority instituted by God, is teaching is wrong, so you left and didn't find a different church to go to?

There's your problem, Keypurr. You abandoned the church based on your own understanding of the Bible. That makes you apostate, not the church.

YES HE IS.

No, he isn't.

Then according to your own beliefs, you yourself SHOULD NOT worship Jesus Christ. For if he is a creation, he is not worthy of worship. Yet you claim you DO worship Him, and by your own beliefs, you are sinning.

Do they see and feel my emotions, do they know my every thought? No, they do not.

That's a red herring. It has nothing to do with what I asked. Keypurr, here is what I said:

KEYPURR: When you go into the bathroom and see yourself in the mirror, as far as the physical universe is concerned, is the mirror your express image, down to the last freckle and white hair?

KEYPURR: When someone looks at your mirror and they say, "You look good today," are they talking to the mirror image? Or are they talking to you? If to you, how do they know you look good?

Please answer these questions.

He reflected the person of God by speaking his words.

He reflected the person of God because He IS GOD! Anyone can parrot someone else, Keypurr. That doesn't make them who they parrot. Also, Jesus DID NOT say, "He who has heard Me has heard the Father." He said, "He who has seen me."

Disagree, Jesus the man is not a perfect copy of God the SPIRIT. That is my point. The SON of Col 1:15 is NOT a man, its a Spirit.

Jesus the Son is the exact image of God the Father.

Keypurr, who is this chapter about:

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ who are in Colosse: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of your love for all the saints;because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel,which has come to you, as it has also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit, as it is also among you since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth;as you also learned from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on your behalf,who also declared to us your love in the Spirit.For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy;giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell,and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciledin the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church,of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God,the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily. - Colossians 1:1-29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians1:1-29&version=NKJV

If you say anything other than God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, please explain why you think that this chapter is about more than them.

God created ALL through is first creation, the logos, spirit Son.

No, God created all things through God the Son Son, Jesus Christ, who, at the time, had not been given the name "Jesus Christ," because he had not been sent to dwell on the earth yet.

That son was GIVEN the fullness of his creator. He is a godlike spiritual creature. This is the spirit that was IN Jesus at his anointing.

Where in the Bible does it say that the Son was created? Please provide the exact verse, with book name and chapter and verse numbers.

In any case, thank you for completely ignoring my point. Please go read it again, and respond accordingly.

keypurr

KEYPURR! LISTEN TO YOURSELF!

You are claiming that the scripture verses I am quoting are not valid! YOU ARE SAYING SCRIPTURE IS NOT VALID!

If you don't like where I copy and paste scripture from, Keypurr, GO AND LOOK UP THE VERSES YOURSELF, AND COMPARE THEM TO WHAT I AM QUOTING!

THEN AND ONLY THEN WILL YOU BE ABLE TO SAY, IF WHAT IS QUOTED IS NOT ACCURATE, THAT IT ISN'T ACCURATE!

Keypurr, I'm not going to play games with you because you don't like where I quote the Bible from. If you don't like it, SHOW ME WHERE THE VERSES I QUOTE ARE WRONG, AND THEN SHOW ME THE CORRECT TRANSLATION. Otherwise, do not bring up this matter again.

So you, a man, said that what the church, an authority instituted by God, is teaching is wrong, so you left and didn't find a different church to go to?

There's your problem, Keypurr. You abandoned the church based on your own understanding of the Bible. That makes you apostate, not the church.

No, he isn't.

Then according to your own beliefs, you yourself SHOULD NOT worship Jesus Christ. For if he is a creation, he is not worthy of worship. Yet you claim you DO worship Him, and by your own beliefs, you are sinning.

That's a red herring. It has nothing to do with what I asked. Keypurr, here is what I said:

KEYPURR: When you go into the bathroom and see yourself in the mirror, as far as the physical universe is concerned, is the mirror your express image, down to the last freckle and white hair?

KEYPURR: When someone looks at your mirror and they say, "You look good today," are they talking to the mirror image? Or are they talking to you? If to you, how do they know you look good?

Please answer these questions.

He reflected the person of God because He IS GOD! Anyone can parrot someone else, Keypurr. That doesn't make them who they parrot. Also, Jesus DID NOT say, "He who has heard Me has heard the Father." He said, "He who has seen me."

Jesus the Son is the exact image of God the Father.

Keypurr, who is this chapter about:

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ who are in Colosse: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.We give thanks to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of your love for all the saints;because of the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, of which you heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel,which has come to you, as it has also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit, as it is also among you since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth;as you also learned from Epaphras, our dear fellow servant, who is a faithful minister of Christ on your behalf,who also declared to us your love in the Spirit.For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God;strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy;giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.For it pleased the Father that in Him all the fullness should dwell,and by Him to reconcile all things to Himself, by Him, whether things on earth or things in heaven, having made peace through the blood of His cross.And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciledin the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight—if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.I now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up in my flesh what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ, for the sake of His body, which is the church,of which I became a minister according to the stewardship from God which was given to me for you, to fulfill the word of God,the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints.To them God willed to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles: which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.To this end I also labor, striving according to His working which works in me mightily. - Colossians 1:1-29 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Colossians1:1-29&version=NKJV

If you say anything other than God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, please explain why you think that this chapter is about more than them.

No, God created all things through God the Son Son, Jesus Christ, who, at the time, had not been given the name "Jesus Christ," because he had not been sent to dwell on the earth yet.

Where in the Bible does it say that the Son was created? Please provide the exact verse, with book name and chapter and verse numbers.

In any case, thank you for completely ignoring my point. Please go read it again, and respond accordingly.

I am not disputing scripture, I am disputing your interpretation of scripture. If you expect me to answer your posts, shorten them, lets look at them piece by piece.

You do not get the point that the express image has to be a creation. Where is your power of logic? The express image is not just a reflection. God is a spirit so his express image MUST be a spirit also. Jesus was human, born to Mary.

Show me any IMAGE that is not a creation and I might start agreeing with you.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I am not disputing scripture, I am disputing your interpretation of scripture. If you expect me to answer your posts, shorten them, lets look at them piece by piece.

Shorten them up yourself by using the "QUOTE" feature. [ QUOTE ] and [ /QUOTE ] (without the spaces) are all you need to do so.

You do not get the point that the express image has to be a creation.

No, Keypurr, you're reading that into the text where it doesn't exist. Go read my post about the Greek words used for that phrase.

Where is your power of logic?

Where is yours?

The express image is not just a reflection. God is a spirit so his express image MUST be a spirit also. Jesus was human, born to Mary.

Jesus was made flesh and tabernacled among us. Jesus, for eternity past, had been a spirit, but then he lowered himself and became a man, to lay down his life for mankind.

That's what SCRIPTURE says, Keypurr. If you cannot accept that, then you are a heretic.

Show me any IMAGE that is not a creation and I might start agreeing with you.

I already have, and you refuse to see it.

Last edited:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Shorten them up yourself by using the "QUOTE" feature. [ QUOTE ] and [ /QUOTE ] (without the spaces) are all you need to do so.

No, Keypurr, you're reading that into the text where it doesn't exist. Go read my post about the Greek words used for that phrase.

Where is yours.

Jesus was made flesh and tabernacled among us. Jesus, for eternity past, had been a spirit, but then he lowered himself and became a man, to lay down his life for mankind.

That's what SCRIPTURE says, Keypurr. If you cannot accept that, then you are a heretic.

He won't believe you.

keypurr

Where is yours?

NO YOU HAVE NOT.

Now. Show me any image that is not created.

What do the words firstborn of all CREATION mean to you?

It does not say firstborn of God, although it is, it reads firstborn of all CREATION /CREATURES.

THERE IS ONLY ONE WHO IS CONSIDERED AS THE MOST HIGH.
And it is not Jesus who has a God.

Do you see my point?

Jesus Christ is Lord, not God.