Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

keypurr

What is man without the spirit of man? What was inside Jesus the man? The flesh is not God is it? Just like my flesh is not Christ but Christ is in me. Let me know what is right or wrong.

Jesus was just a man until the spirit Christ entered him at his baptism.
The spirit Christ is the true son that came down from heaven to dwell in Jesus.
The flesh was the sacrifice, the Lamb, the Savour.

Let Christ give you understanding of his words.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
What is man without the spirit of man? What was inside Jesus the man? The flesh is not God is it? Just like my flesh is not Christ but Christ is in me. Let me know what is right or wrong.

Man also has his own spirit. :)

1 Corinthians 2:11 KJVA

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Romans 8:16

16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

That would make two sons.

One son in another son.

Jesus said it was the Father who dwelt in Him, not another son.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

LA

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You do realize this is a JW belief correct friend.
/carm.org/religious-movements/jehovahs-witnesses/jesus-became-christ-his-baptism

He has always been Christ. You may want to rethink some of your theology.

Luke 2:11 New King James Version (NKJV)

11 For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

If He was not Christ at the time of His birth, why is is He called Christ the Lord. Why are you disputing the truth of scripture.

keypurr

Man also has his own spirit. :)

1 Corinthians 2:11 KJVA

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Romans 8:16

16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children.

AMEN, man can have many spirits in him.
Remember the man who had Legion? They were cast into the pigs.

keypurr

That would make two sons.

One son in another son.

Jesus said it was the Father who dwelt in Him, not another son.

Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

LA

The Father is one with me too. But I am not God.

The express image is a spirit LA. Heb 10:5 needs to be studied.

Christ is a copy of the Father, Christ spoke through Jesus.

Maybe we need to study what words are being used to make the word "spirit"

keypurr

You do realize this is a JW belief correct friend.
/carm.org/religious-movements/jehovahs-witnesses/jesus-became-christ-his-baptism

He has always been Christ. You may want to rethink some of your theology.

Luke 2:11 New King James Version (NKJV)

11 For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

If He was not Christ at the time of His birth, why is is He called Christ the Lord. Why are you disputing the truth of scripture.

The JW's are not wrong on everything friend.

The JKV is full of errors. There is no perfect English translation that I know of.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The JW's are not wrong on everything friend.

The JKV is full of errors. There is no perfect English translation that I know of.

You also believe as they do saying that Jesus is a lesser God than the Father. At least you have said it in the past. Do you still believe Jesus to be a god?

keypurr

You also believe as they do saying that Jesus is a lesser God than the Father. At least you have said it in the past. Do you still believe Jesus to be a god?

I think the Spirit in him makes him more that just a man, but he is not God, he was given powers that make him special.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
maybe your 'theology' is disguising God

maybe your 'theology' is disguising God

I would say "a god" like John 1 says in the JW Bible.

Lets hear it for the NWT :)

On a more liberal note, what if Jesus doesnt care if people believe he was 'God'....or a 'god'....just so they believed he was the messenger of God? Maybe the message is more important than the messenger? :think:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

On a more liberal note, what if Jesus doesnt care if people believe he was 'God'....or a 'god'....just so they believed he was the messenger of God? Maybe the message is more important than the messenger? :think:

I'd say it's just as good an idea to get to know him, as well as obey his message.

:thumb:

StanJ

Let's NOT...it's a blatant false translation, as the JWs have no real scholars amongst them.

Very liberal note, but the fact is Jesus said whoever denies Him before men, He will deny before His Father. That includes WHO He actually and truly is.

keypurr

You do realize that is heresy right?

Deuteronomy 6:4 New King James Version (NKJV)

4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!

No, it is truth. GOD is one. Jesus is the son, not God. The son of a president is not the president friend. God is a position, a title same as the President. Jesus Christ is the son of the most high God, not God. He was given powers by his Father.

Heresy is denying that Jesus is the Christ in the flesh. But the Christ is not God, he is the anointed of God, the Messiah.

keypurr

Let's NOT...it's a blatant false translation, as the JWs have no real scholars amongst them.

Very liberal note, but the fact is Jesus said whoever denies Him before men, He will deny before His Father. That includes WHO He actually and truly is.

Define what you consider to deny Jesus Christ?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
subjectivity........

subjectivity........

I'd say it's just as good an idea to get to know him, as well as obey his message.

:thumb:

Agreed, but you get to know him by his words (insofar as we can know which are truly his words and not just ascribed to him.) Any religious sense of knowing him beyond that is subjective of course, in the realm of faith as far as any 'personal relationship' is concerned. (The "personal relationship with Christ" concept is a 'buzzword' among some). On these grounds religionists arguing over who knows him or not becomes redundant (or even petty) unless a criteria can be established to prove anything. Still you are engaging a personality known to you only in your own mind and how that relates to your own experience....so back to subjectivity ;)

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
You do realize that is heresy right?

Deuteronomy 6:4 New King James Version (NKJV)

4 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!

There is nothing wrong with assuming some kind of divinity to Jesus being a 'god' while recognizing he is not his Father-God. Jesus was regarded as many different things in the first few centuries before dogmas and creeds were formulated in later centuries about him. Recognizing this does nothing to threaten a true monotheism, since 'God' is still the One and Only Original Deity from which all springs....The Universal Father.