Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Up for grabs..............

Up for grabs..............

Let's NOT...it's a blatant false translation, as the JWs have no real scholars amongst them.

In the past I used their greek interlinear NT with the wescott/hort word for word along with their paraphrase....so a fun resource to use....with others of course. I think the demonizing of JWs is a bit overrated....and one can logically hold a Unitarian position with or without their help. They do have scholarly supports for their positions in any case, although orthodox christians will naturally contend against those to maintain their apologetics. So Jesus is a 'god'.....awesome! I see no problem there :idunno: - there are gods, sons of God, angels, cosmic beings and messengers all sent by God and serving God. So? The only ones fighting this are orthodox Trinitarians.

Very liberal note, but the fact is Jesus said whoever denies Him before men, He will deny before His Father. That includes WHO He actually and truly is.

And im very liberal as being of the Eclectic school and do my own study and research on religious and philosophical subjects valuing any scholarship involved in such and my own considerations, staying open to learn.

As far as WHO Jesus is is up for grabs beyond scriptural passages and the various interpretations of such. I think some put too strong a dogmatic conclusion on matters when a much more figurative and fluid presentation of Jesus would do just as fine if not better.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Father is one with me too. But I am not God.

The express image is a spirit LA. Heb 10:5 needs to be studied.

Christ is a copy of the Father, Christ spoke through Jesus.

Maybe we need to study what words are being used to make the word "spirit"

Christ IS the Father of Jesus.

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

The Father came into the world at Jesus Baptism after He had prepared His Son by His Word.

LA

keypurr

Rev 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

The Father came into the world at Jesus Baptism after He had prepared His Son by His Word.

LA

You know that I disagree but at one time I considered it.

Christ is not the Father, he prays to his Father who is his God.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

LA

It seems to me it is talking about YHWH. YHWH is God's name.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus Christ was praying to his Father at the time BR.

And He was with the Father before the Incarnation.

John 17:4-5 New King James Version (NKJV)

4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You know that I disagree but at one time I considered it.

Christ is not the Father, he prays to his Father who is his God.

Christ is the Spirit of the Father.

Jesus has the same name of the Father as any Son does even all of the sons do.

For Jesus to say the Father is in Him, is to say the Spirit of His Father is in Him, not that His God /Father is not in Heaven when He prayed to Him.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

That speaks of the Glorified Jesus, the man , not of a spirit.

LA

keypurr

4 I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. 5 And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was.

Jesus was born as a humsn, but Christ, a spiritual being, was with his Father before the Universe was created. Christ entered and spoke through Jesus. Understand that in Heb 10:5 it says that Christ needed a body prepared for him. Jesus is that body BR. Christ had glory with the Father before he became flesh.

keypurr

Christ is the Spirit of the Father.

Jesus has the same name of the Father as any Son does even all of the sons do.

For Jesus to say the Father is in Him, is to say the Spirit of His Father is in Him, not that His God /Father is not in Heaven when He prayed to Him.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;
Heb 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;
Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

That speaks of the Glorified Jesus, the man , not of a spirit.

LA

Christ is a spirit copy of the Father, so yes he is a spirit of the Father. Christ did teach us to pray to the Father in heaven.

Heb 1 speaks of the son before everything was created. The son, Christ, is the firstborn of all creation for God created all through him. This is the spiritual son that entered the body oy Jesus when Jesus was anointed. Keep in mind that Christ became one with Jesus as the verse also says he purged our sins. That fits nicely with the verse. Jesus the man display not present exist his birth, but the spirit Christ that dwelled in him is from the beginning.

Jesus Christ has been glorified by his God. It's a great book to go deep in friend.

keypurr

One what?

Also...note that Jesus NEVER prays for His own forgiveness, as God does not need to be forgiven.

He was sinless, why did he need forgiveness?

He taught us ask forgiveness because we sinned.

Jesus is the body God prepared for the true son that he SENT from heaven to bring us light friend. Chhrist, the spirit son of God, became flesh in the body of the sinless man Jesus.

God's Truth

What? You said Jesus was the FATHER before the incarnation!

That is right, BR, now you got it.

Jesus is God the Father with a body.

God's Truth

Jesus was born as a humsn, but Christ, a spiritual being, was with his Father before the Universe was created. Christ entered and spoke through Jesus. Understand that in Heb 10:5 it says that Christ needed a body prepared for him. Jesus is that body BR. Christ had glory with the Father before he became flesh.

God the Father is Spirit and lives in unapproachable light.

God made the plan for salvation to be through Jesus Christ, and He made that plan before the creation of anything.

God made Himself a body, a Spiritual Body of the Man Jesus; the kind of body we will receive when we are resurrected. Jesus is the First and the Last.

God the Father spoke to the people in the Old Testament times through His Word, Jesus, but not yet known as Jesus.

When Jesus came to earth, he gave up the Spiritual Body for a flesh body, and came to earth as a Man. All the while, God the Father in the Spirit is living in unapproachable light.

Jesus is God the Father with a body BEFORE the incarnation, and God the Father in the flesh while on earth.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God the Father is Spirit and lives in unapproachable light.

God made the plan for salvation to be through Jesus Christ, and He made that plan before the creation of anything.

God made Himself a body, a Spiritual Body of the Man Jesus; the kind of body we will receive when we are resurrected. Jesus is the First and the Last.

God the Father spoke to the people in the Old Testament times through His Word, Jesus, but not yet known as Jesus.

When Jesus came to earth, he gave up the Spiritual Body for a flesh body, and came to earth as a Man. All the while, God the Father in the Spirit is living in unapproachable light.

Jesus is God the Father with a body BEFORE the incarnation, and God the Father in the flesh while on earth.

Sorry, God is triune. Three in one. The Father is God, not Jesus nor the Holy Spirit. Jesus is God, not the Father nor the holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God, not the Father nor Jesus.

1 John 5:6-7New King James Version (NKJV)

6 This is He who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ; not only by water, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who bears witness, because the Spirit is truth. 7 For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

Apple7

He was sinless, why did he need forgiveness?

Only God is sinless.

He taught us ask forgiveness because we sinned.

Indeed....by showing us The Lord's prayer....which states to pray in the singular NAME of God - which, scripture informs us, is the exact SAME for Father, Son and Spirit.:thumb:

Jesus is the body God prepared for the true son that he SENT from heaven to bring us light friend. Chhrist, the spirit son of God, became flesh in the body of the sinless man Jesus.

That does NOT explain why The Son was seen in human form in the OT...