Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters
And by the same token just because a small minority of snarky agitators disbelieve something that doesn't make it untrue.
I never said it did. Trinitarians are the ones making the appeal to popularity instead of providing evidence for their assertion(s).

Jesus' audience heard what he said and reacted to it in the same way that we read what he said and believe in him.
One has to wonder why trinitarians refuse to believe what Jesus said in John 20:17.

oatmeal

Since doubting Thomas finally came around and called Jesus God as well as the occasions where Jesus alluded to his divinity you can frankly come down off your white horse and scoop your manure pile of false indignation. :e4e:

Exodus 7:1 KJV God said Moses is what?

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Evidently, Jesus is not the only human that God refers to as a god.

John 10:34-35

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came,
and the scripture cannot be broken;

Evidently, Jesus was well aware of the law that stated that other humans are referred to as god by God himself.

Why are you so blind to the scriptures?

Why have you not done your homework?

The word "god" is a human word that God took for himself. God alone is "the God" but god denotes superiority in authority and /or power

the word "god" is like any other human word, like "the" or "fortress" or "shepherd" or "beast" if God wants to use a word in scripture to apply to himself or some other entity, that is His right and privilege

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I never said it did. Trinitarians are the ones making the appeal to popularity instead of providing evidence for their assertion(s).

One has to wonder why trinitarians refuse to believe what Jesus said in John 20:17.

Because it's true, the Son has a God and is a God.

You refuse to believe Jesus when he said that he would resurrect himself from the dead.

Btw, now you are just lying, Trinitarians provide plenty to back up their faith.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Exodus 7:1 KJV God said Moses is what?

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Evidently, Jesus is not the only human that God refers to as a god.

John 10:34-35

Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came,
and the scripture cannot be broken;

Evidently, Jesus was well aware of the law that stated that other humans are referred to as god by God himself.

Why are you so blind to the scriptures?

Why have you not done your homework?

The word "god" is a human word that God took for himself. God alone is "the God" but god denotes superiority in authority and /or power

the word "god" is like any other human word, like "the" or "fortress" or "shepherd" or "beast" if God wants to use a word in scripture to apply to himself or some other entity, that is His right and privilege

I marvel all all the ways the agitators come up with to try to discredit Jesus. And in the end those who are so rigid in their reference to OT idioms only enforce the idea that you would have rejected Jesus like the Jews did.

The OT makes no claim to have been written by God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The OT makes no claim to have been written by God.

It wasn't wriiten by God, it was inspired by God.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
(2 Tim 3:16)​

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It wasn't wriiten by God, it was inspired by God.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.
(2 Tim 3:16)​

One would had to have waited until the author of Timothy to get his or her opinion about scripture to have any such reference and then they would need to wait for the council at Nicaea before Tim 2 and Paul's emails were canonized.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The concept of God evolved over the ages in the OT. There was plural deity earlier in the Semitic literature.

Cruciform

Referencing the mistakes in the "Catholics Bible" isn't anti Catholic, it's a reference to the canonization of the standard bible by the Catholic Church by councils that they also considered to be inerrant.
Post #316.

There had been OTHER BOOKS that were considered to be inspired by believers but the church UN-INSPIRED them.
Indeed. And which books were those, for example? Post the names of two or three of them, please.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Titus 2

13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and [the] Savior Jesus Christ,

I could go on and on and on, but instead have a question. Are we to worship anyone other than the Lord our God? Think Exodus 20.
Whatabout the "golden calfe"? The point is that it is still idolatry to worship the son, though bowing to him is not.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Since doubting Thomas finally came around and called Jesus God as well as the occasions where Jesus alluded to his divinity you can frankly come down off your white horse and scoop your manure pile of false indignation. :e4e:
I don't see him calling him that, but rather trying to adressing 2 objects without being able to complete a sentence.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I don't see him calling him that, but rather trying to adressing 2 objects without being able to complete a sentence.

Do you believe the person of Jesus was an incarnate Son of God who laid down his life and took it up again, returning to heaven as sovereign Lord and God?

Because it's true, the Son has a God and is a God.
:doh: How contradictory can it get than that?!

You refuse to believe Jesus when he said that he would resurrect himself from the dead.
He was given the power to do so by "god the father." Recall John 5:19 (among other verses saying the same thing).

Btw, now you are just lying, Trinitarians provide plenty to back up their faith.
All of it contradictory :sigh:.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Do you believe the person of Jesus was an incarnate Son of God who laid down his life and took it up again, returning to heaven as sovereign Lord and God?

You mean laid it down and received it again?

John 10:17 KJV
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

This greek word for take is Lambano.

Definition that lines up with all other scripture:

to receive (what is given), to gain, get, obtain, to get back

Zeke

You mean laid it down and received it again?

John 10:17 KJV
Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

This greek word for take is Lambano.

Definition that lines up with all other scripture:

to receive (what is given), to gain, get, obtain, to get back

Which applied to all the body, all came from the light that Jesus portrayed in the allegorical tale, Ephesians backs that up as well so the prior state of everyone was with the so called Father of the Godhead. Plus seeing the image referred to as being Gods was both male and female in one body!! which is why Paul stated that neither label applied because the new creation was back in the state of the original image.