Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters
"God the Son" is not found in the NT in the same way that the term "Son of God" is not found in the OT but it can be reasonably deduced.
Actually, this isn't true. I suggest this article as your starting place.

Jesus Appears to Thomas

…27Then He said to Thomas, "Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing." 28Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" 29Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."
Yet another of your errors in the gospel of John chapter 20.

:yawn:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Actually, this isn't true. I suggest this article as your starting place.

Yet another of your errors in the gospel of John chapter 20.

:yawn:

The term "Son of God" still doesn't appear in the OT. Your Wiki link referenced "sons of God" but does not use the singular term "Son of God" neither does the OT refer to the expected Messiah as being "the Son of God".

Your other pointless point is unrelated, the context of believing without seeing has to do with the resurrection.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Here Caino equates being asked to actually prove (!) his bare anti-Catholic claims with being subjected to an "inquisition" (as though he knows any more about the inquisitions than he displayed in the ignorant claim he posted earlier). His empty---and wildly inapplicable---rhetoric aside, my observations in Post #316 above stand exactly as given, and his claim is summarily dismissed on those grounds.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Referencing the mistakes in the "Catholics Bible" isn't anti Catholic, it's a reference to the canonization of the standard bible by the Catholic Church by councils that they also considered to be inerrant. There had been other books that were considered to be inspired by believers but the church un-inspired them.

JosephR

Reims with Bill Clintons "what is is?"

Philip said to Him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us."​

Jesus said to him, "Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father '? "Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me?​

To have seen Jesus was to have seen the personification of the Father. The Son is the creator of this universe.

I dont think this means what you are saying here. To me it says that He had NO idea at all of His divine nature. Lets not define divinity here.
Jesus can control the laws of the universe"i.e. physics" but He also speaks and teaches about The Creator Elohim.

And when He said to the rich young man, None is Good but God, He said however Hebrews say YhVh 2k years ago or a form of Arimiac"ck sp" to the rich young man.Then He looked into the spirit of him and spoke again. thoughts?

And I do not doubt that Jesus was at creation and been with God for as long as we can understand time, and when They created this thing called time ,Scripture tells us Jesus was the architect of this universe.But you cannot deny His words and teachings and know that they are right.

So I think what He is saying to Phillip and the 12 is that they didnt have a clue that He was timeless,One with God,and the key to Salvation of the whole world.They were sad when He died, Peter tried to stop Him from dyeing and so on. Not traits of people who should know their Lord and Savior is eternal and cannot die and is Living walking King of Kings forever :)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I dont think this means what you are saying here. To me it says that He had NO idea at all of His divine nature. Lets not define divinity here.
Jesus can control the laws of the universe"i.e. physics" but He also speaks and teaches about The Creator Elohim.

And when He said to the rich young man, None is Good but God, He said however Hebrews say YhVh 2k years ago or a form of Arimiac"ck sp" to the rich young man.Then He looked into the spirit of him and spoke again. thoughts?

And I do not doubt that Jesus was at creation and been with God for as long as we can understand time, and when They created this thing called time ,Scripture tells us Jesus was the architect of this universe.But you cannot deny His words and teachings and know that they are right.

So I think what He is saying to Phillip and the 12 is that they didnt have a clue that He was timeless,One with God,and the key to Salvation of the whole world.They were sad when He died, Peter tried to stop Him from dyeing and so on. Not traits of people who should know their Lord and Savior is eternal and cannot die and is Living walking King of Kings forever :)

Good post Joseph,

Theologically and philosophically Jesus lead the apostles as far as he could away from their old ideas into a new way of thinking. As you rightly pointed out they did not know or want to face the fact that Jesus was leaving, they loved him. [this very fact should be enough to demonstrate that the original gospel was NOT centered around Jesus' death as a human sacrifice to finally satisfy God] The cross became the focus of Paul's Christian religion about Jesus. Death is a natural part of life for us all, Jesus lived life to its fullest, even passing through the death experience of his own choosing.

By the time Jesus appeared for baptism he had already pleased the Father, he could have just left and returned to heaven. But the Father had more plans for our fallen world.

The term "Son of God" still doesn't appear in the OT. Your Wiki link referenced "sons of God" but does not use the singular term "Son of God" neither does the OT refer to the expected Messiah as being "the Son of God".
So my point stands without refutation :thumb:.

Your other pointless point is unrelated, the context of believing without seeing has to do with the resurrection.
John 20:17.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The term "Son of God" still doesn't appear in the OT.

He answered and said, "Lo, I see four men loose walking in the midst of the fire and they have no hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God." (Dan 3:25)​

God's Truth

Good post Joseph,

Theologically and philosophically Jesus lead the apostles as far as he could away from their old ideas into a new way of thinking. As you rightly pointed out they did not know or want to face the fact that Jesus was leaving, they loved him. [this very fact should be enough to demonstrate that the original gospel was NOT centered around Jesus' death as a human sacrifice to finally satisfy God] The cross became the focus of Paul's Christian religion about Jesus. Death is a natural part of life for us all, Jesus lived life to its fullest, even passing through the death experience of his own choosing.

By the time Jesus appeared for baptism he had already pleased the Father, he could have just left and returned to heaven. But the Father had more plans for our fallen world.

Jesus rebuked Peter when Peter spoke of Jesus not giving his life at the cross.

You made up a story, a story stolen from the written truth, and then you changed it and call it the true story. I would fear if I were you.
The sacrificing of animals in the Old Testament was a teaching tool, it was a shadow of Jesus, it was about Jesus. It was about the Lamb of God giving his life for the sins of the world.
Now, you teach a false doctrine from demons, a doctrine which makes the rebuked thought a blessed teaching.

God's Truth

From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!"

Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns."

Matthew 16:21-27.

God's Truth

There is a remedy for those in falseness, even though they got there trying to find the Lord...humble yourselves, repent, ask for forgiveness for believing and following falseness.

God's Truth

Yes, Jesus Christ is God and always has been for eternity past. He is also known as The Word and God the Son. See my blogs. This is a basic, foundational Bible fact. Not only is Jesus Christ God, He is One with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, and the Lord Jesus Christ is the Spirit.

That is what scripture says.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
So my point stands without refutation :thumb:.

John 20:17.

Yes, the term "God the Son" does not appear in the NT. It doesn't need to appear for people to realize that Jesus Christ incarnate from heaven and returned to heaven. That problem of you not understanding that is your own, the majority of Christians do get it.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
He answered and said, "Lo, I see four men loose walking in the midst of the fire and they have no hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God." (Dan 3:25)​

That's a disputed translation but I will concede that one to you, Daniel seems to see Jesus walking around in a furnace.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Joh 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Joh 20:28 και απεκριθη ο θωμας και ειπεν αυτω ο κυριος μου και ο θεος μου
[the Lord of me and the God of me]
My lord, and My God.... It is an incomplete Greek sentence.

Yes, the term "God the Son" does not appear in the NT.
It doesn't appear in the OT either.

It doesn't need to appear for people to realize that Jesus Christ incarnate from heaven and returned to heaven.
How trinitarians think: if the Bible says it it is true.

Corollary 1: if the Bible doesn't say it but I believe it should then it is true.

:kookoo:

That problem of you not understanding that is your own, the majority of Christians do get it.
There you go again with the appeal to popularity. The truth of something doesn't depend on how many people believe it.

oatmeal

Yes, the term "God the Son" does not appear in the NT. It doesn't need to appear for people to realize that Jesus Christ incarnate from heaven and returned to heaven. That problem of you not understanding that is your own, the majority of Christians do get it.

Since God's word does not call Jesus Christ "God the Son" how dare you insert false doctrine into scripture?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It doesn't appear in the OT either.

How trinitarians think: if the Bible says it it is true.

Corollary 1: if the Bible doesn't say it but I believe it should then it is true.

:kookoo:

There you go again with the appeal to popularity. The truth of something doesn't depend on how many people believe it.

And by the same token just because a small minority of snarky agitators disbelieve something that doesn't make it untrue.

Jesus' audience heard what he said and reacted to it in the same way that we read what he said and believe in him.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Since God's word does not call Jesus Christ "God the Son" how dare you insert false doctrine into scripture?

Since doubting Thomas finally came around and called Jesus God as well as the occasions where Jesus alluded to his divinity you can frankly come down off your white horse and scoop your manure pile of false indignation. :e4e: