Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Skybringr

BANNED
Banned
Rather, twenty-one people fail to see the contradiction inherent in the trinity doctrine.

The Logos manifests as three separate beings. Instead of 1+1+1, it is 1x1x1.

When a man prophecies, speaking in the direct place of God as if it were God Himself speaking, there are
two speaking, but only one is really speaking. The prophet is simply the conduit.

The Son, Father, and Spirit are conduits of the Logos, except unlike prophets, they are the manifestation of the Logos. And so they are unified but remain separate, and are all God.

It's tough to get down, and that's why it's so easy to deny. People don't want to think critically about it, they want to sit there with a bucket over their head banging a metal spoon against it.

There is no contradiction of the Trinity. In fact, it's extraordinarily immune to any and all contradiction.

Also, Under Pressure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoDh_gHDvkk
:chuckle:

oatmeal

When a man prophecies, speaking in the direct place of God as if it were God Himself speaking, there are
two speaking, but only one is really speaking. The prophet is simply the conduit.

The Son, Father, and Spirit are conduits of the Logos, except unlike prophets, they are the manifestation of the Logos. And so they are unified but remain separate, and are all God.

It's tough to get down, and that's why it's so easy to deny. People don't want to think critically about it, they want to sit there with a bucket over their head banging a metal spoon against it.

There is no contradiction of the Trinity. In fact, it's extraordinarily immune to any and all contradiction.

Also, Under Pressure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoDh_gHDvkk
:chuckle:

Chapter and verse please

two speaking, but only one is really speaking. The prophet is simply the conduit. [/QUOTE

Jesus, being a prophet, not God, spoke for God as God instructed him to

Chapter and verse please

There is no contradiction of the Trinity. In fact, it's extraordinarily immune to any and all contradiction

Chapter and verse please

Caino

BANNED
Banned
That is the beginning of your problem.

:nono: Nothing in that verse even begins to say that.

That would make Jesus a separate entity from "the father" and you would then have TWO "gods."

Nope.

Trinitarian double-speak.

Self-contradicting terms do nothing to bolster your assertion.

Or just a man :think:.

A man with all power and authority in heaven and on earth? That's just silly.

You would have rejected Jesus as well.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
And according to the Bible given to him by "god."

I agree. The whole "god" concept is stupid.

You do too it seems.

Given to God the Son by God the Father.

On several occasions you said that the apostles didn't seem to understand what Jesus said which I agree with.

Given to God the Son by God the Father.
Book, chapter, and verse where Jesus is referred to as "god the son." I'll wait.

On several occasions you said that the apostles didn't seem to understand what Jesus said which I agree with.
Only in the gospel of John, the most misunderstood of the books of the NT. You seem to be having trouble with it as well.

JosephR

Book, chapter, and verse where Jesus is referred to as "god the son." I'll wait.

Only in the gospel of John, the most misunderstood of the books of the NT. You seem to be having trouble as well.

And the 12 asked Thomas what Jesus had told Him in private, and He answered, If I told you,ye would stone me, then the stones would turn to fire and kill ye .

I have found examining Thomas shows some-light to the whys and reasoning to John.

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Only in the gospel of John, the most misunderstood of the books of the NT. You seem to be having trouble with it as well.

"God the Son" is not found in the NT in the same way that the term "Son of God" is not found in the OT but it can be reasonably deduced.

Jesus Appears to Thomas

…27Then He said to Thomas, "Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing." 28Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" 29Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

Cruciform

This is merely to observe that, though Caino was asked for documentary proof for a particular claim way back in Post #158---and again in Posts #161 and #266---he has been utterly unable to provide the requested information. Therefore, his initial claim (Post #143) simply falls flat, and may be dismissed by all thinking believers.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Caino

BANNED
Banned
This is merely to observe that, though Caino was asked for documentary proof for a particular claim way back in Post #158---and again in Posts #161 and #266---he has been utterly unable to provide the requested information. Therefore, his initial claim (Post #143) simply falls flat, and may be dismissed by all thinking believers.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Inquisition canceled. :eek:linger:

Cruciform

Inquisition canceled.
Here Caino equates being asked to actually prove (!) his bare anti-Catholic claims with being subjected to an "inquisition" (as though he knows any more about the inquisitions than he displayed in the ignorant claim he posted earlier). His empty---and wildly inapplicable---rhetoric aside, my observations in Post #316 above stand exactly as given, and his claim is summarily dismissed on those grounds.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
:think:

:nono:

Other, suits me just fine.

If you did you wouldn't be neg-repping me at every opportunity. I recommend you quit harassing me before you get banned again.

The cult of Christianity? :nono:

I just asked you a question! And, by the way, you
don't have the power to make threats, newbie!

journey

Yes, Jesus Christ is God and always has been for eternity past. He is also known as The Word and God the Son. See my blogs. This is a basic, foundational Bible fact. Not only is Jesus Christ God, He is One with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.