Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Not really. I ask for the verse that shows that Jesus did raise himself. You give nothing to back up your assumption. Jesus raising himself is not logical at all. If he died he was dead, unable to think and act on anything.

I gave you verses that should convince a rational person that God created a copy of himself. You do not wish to see it as it destroys your church traditions. You would have to admit that there is only one God and Jesus has a God.

There is no verse that says that, and there is no verse that says God created the Son, there are just the direct quotes from Jesus that said he would and he did.

6"Sacrifice and offering Thou didst not desire; mine ears hast Thou opened; burnt offering and sin offering hast Thou not required. 7Then said I, Lo, I come; in the volume of the book it is written of me, 8I delight to do Thy will, O my God; yea, Thy law is within my heart. 9I have preached righteousness in the great congregation; lo, I have not restrained {refrained} my lips, O LORD, Thou knowest. 10I have not hidden Thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared Thy faithfulness and Thy salvation. I have not concealed Thy loving-kindness and Thy truth from the great congregation. 11Withhold not Thou Thy tender mercies from me, O LORD; let Thy loving-kindness and Thy truth continually preserve me."​

keypurr

There is no verse that says that, and there is no verse that says God created the Son, there are just the direct quotes from Jesus that said he would and he did.

6"Sacrifice and offering Thou didst not desire; mine ears hast Thou opened; burnt offering and sin offering hast Thou not required. 7Then said I, Lo, I come; in the volume of the book it is written of me, 8I delight to do Thy will, O my God; yea, Thy law is within my heart. 9I have preached righteousness in the great congregation; lo, I have not restrained {refrained} my lips, O LORD, Thou knowest. 10I have not hidden Thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared Thy faithfulness and Thy salvation. I have not concealed Thy loving-kindness and Thy truth from the great congregation. 11Withhold not Thou Thy tender mercies from me, O LORD; let Thy loving-kindness and Thy truth continually preserve me."​

What about verse five? Why did Christ NEED A BODY prepared for him?

Your dogging the question. Christ is/was a spirit. He needed to take the form of a man. Christ is a form of God and was given a huge amount of power, power to create the Universe, God could not put that power in just any one. He needed a sinless body to hold his son. That is why Christ needed a body. You must think to see what it says friend. Seek with an open mind.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What about verse five? Why did Christ NEED A BODY prepared for him?

Your dogging the question. Christ is/was a spirit. He needed to take the form of a man. Christ is a form of God and was given a huge amount of power, power to create the Universe, God could not put that power in just any one. He needed a sinless body to hold his son. That is why Christ needed a body. You must think to see what it says friend. Seek with an open mind.

He needed a body to take upon him the sins of humanity.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
1Jn 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

How does this show us that Jesus is God?

This is not Jesus. It is the spirit that was in him.
And that is not God either.
You are wrong friend. You can not handle a spirit.

achduke

Deu 18:18 'I will raise up for them a Prophet like you from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The only thing that conflicts is Paul's atonement theory, the "good news" that Jesus preached to the Jews was entirely different, the cross had not happened yet.

You are just being very stubborn in a silly way, Jesus did resurrect a likeness of himself from the dead, it's in the bible, your demand for Jesus to repeat what he said after he resurrected himself is desperate. Jesus didn't need to repeat himself after he returned, he even joked with them.

38And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts? 39"See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." 40And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.…​

Besides, if God raised him up he wasn't a sacrifice, sacrificed things don't return from the dead; it wouldn't be a sacrifice.

i hope i'm just reading this wrong. really ? His earthly flesh died, His Blood is atonement - The Blood of Christ is the sacrifice -

1 Peter 1:20 KJV - Revelation 13:8 KJV -

Romans 3:25 KJV - Colossians 1:20 KJV - Ephesians 1:7 KJV -

The Glorified Body of the Risen Christ is flesh and bone, no blood -

but if i remember your idea; you believe the angel Michael, or some arch-angel is really Jesus ? or something like that. i saw a post from you about that. it made me think of the SNL skit, "What's Up With That ?" - :patrol:

keypurr

You are wrong friend. You can not handle a spirit.

Can a spirit handle a person?

That is what happened to the flesh son BR. The spirit took over the body prepared for him.

I believe this very strongly my friend. It does not discredit our Lord in any way to think this way. God sent his son Christ to live in Jesus. That was his plan.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

That is what happened to the flesh son BR. The spirit took over the body prepared for him.

I believe this very strongly my friend. It does not discredit our Lord in any way to think this way. God sent his son Christ to live in Jesus. That was his plan.

Jesus was conceived in Mary's womb.

Saying sent his son Christ to live in Jesus is stupid. Jesus and the Christ are one in the same. Where do you come up with the gibberish that there are different entities?

God's Truth

If Jesus is not God, how then does a spirit of a man live inside you besides your own spirit?

StanJ

It is very clear that our God is a LIVING God, and as such the only way that makes sense it IN Jesus. He is our Living God and Savior, but if one does not accept or agree as Peter did when He confessed his Messiah, or has become apostate to that truth, then there is NO help for them.

How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God! Heb 9:14 (NIV)

keypurr

Jesus was conceived in Mary's womb.

Saying sent his son Christ to live in Jesus is stupid. Jesus and the Christ are one in the same. Where do you come up with the gibberish that there are different entities?

I have shown you that Jesus became the Christ.

Study his baptism BR. He received the Holy Spirit and POWER. That power is the express image, the spirit son who has the fullness of the father.

keypurr

It is very clear that our God is a LIVING God, and as such the only way that makes sense it IN Jesus. He is our Living God and Savior, but if one does not accept or agree as Peter did when He confessed his Messiah, or has become apostate to that truth, then there is NO help for them.

How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death, so that we may serve the living God! Heb 9:14 (NIV)

Yes our God is a living God, he is the God of Jesus Christ. God can not die for us so he sent his son. Christ became flesh in Jesus to be the Lamb.

Our difference is that I see only one God, we also have one Lord. You do not see that. You seem to think they are one being.

StanJ

Yes our God is a living God, he is the God of Jesus Christ. God can not die for us so he sent his son. Christ became flesh in Jesus to be the Lamb.

Our difference is that I see only one God, we also have one Lord. You do not see that. You seem to think they are one being.

No, He is a Living God because He is incarnated in Jesus the Christ.

I only see one God as well keypurr and your continual equivocal language is not really fooling anyone. Jesus spoke clearly about the triune nature of God in John 14:26 (NIV) as well.
As to what you actually believe, I don't know, because you have said that for 5 years, 10 years and 70 years you have believed the way you do, but you won't clearly state what it is you believe or confirm how long you have believed it. You either started off wrong or became apostate somewhere along the way, but The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the Father of Jesus who is HIS only begotten Son and our Savior, is who you should have believed in. There is no salvation in ANY other name or being, ONLY God.

keypurr

So then, tell me about the man spirit of Jesus living inside you.

I do not have the man spirit of Jesus living inside me, I have the Holy Spirit and the spirit of Christ.

But that is a different topic that the spirit being Christ who is the express image of God.

keypurr

No, He is a Living God because He is incarnated in Jesus the Christ.

I only see one God as well keypurr and your continual equivocal language is not really fooling anyone. Jesus spoke clearly about the triune nature of God in John 14:26 (NIV) as well.
As to what you actually believe, I don't know, because you have said that for 5 years, 10 years and 70 years you have believed the way you do, but you won't clearly state what it is you believe or confirm how long you have believed it. You either started off wrong or became apostate somewhere along the way, but The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the Father of Jesus who is HIS only begotten Son and our Savior, is who you should have believed in. There is no salvation in ANY other name or being, ONLY God.

One thing I do not believe in any more is church. I see the true church, not as a building or established religion, but as folks who believe in one God the Father and one Lord Jesus Christ. Folks who keep the commandments of the Father in the spirit that they were given. Folks who see that Christ came in the flesh to die for us.

Christ is "a" god, a form of God, for he is a creation. Only the Father is not created. My thoughts may seem strange to most Stan, but I believe they are correct as I believe they were given to me to share by something we do not fully understand.

The comforter comes from the Father, through Christ, to us. It is the power of the father. I see it not as a person. But rather a force use to do God's will.

keypurr

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Joh 14:1 "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.

God's Truth

I do not have the man spirit of Jesus living inside me, I have the Holy Spirit and the spirit of Christ.

But that is a different topic that the spirit being Christ who is the express image of God.

Are you saying Jesus is not in you?

In addition, are you saying you were given two Spirits, but not Jesus' Spirit?