Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Theme of the book of John: Jesus Taught He Is Divine

A. Overview of John:

We begin in John 1:1 with a plain statement of fact that Jesus is God. The gospel of John traces the process of Jesus teaching this fact of His divinity to mankind in various settings. Finally the book closes with another plain statement of the fact of Jesus' divinity, except this time it comes from the mouth of "doubting Thomas".

B. Basic outline of John:

More than a just a prophet: Jn 6
V 29 A prophet Believe in Him whom God has sent
V 30-34 A prophet equal to Moses: What sign? Manna from heaven
V 41,42 greater than Moses: "I have come down out of heaven'
Jn 5:17,18 I and Father are working: equality
Jn 8:53-59 "Tell them "I AM" sent you." (see Ex 3:14)
Jn 10:30-33 I and Father are one: equality
Climax of book: Jn 20:27,28: "my Lord and my God'
Conclusion of book: Jn 20:31 "these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name"

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You have yet to show me where He raised himsellf.

That's lame Keypurr, and self serving! You lack trust in Jesus like Thomas did ....until his stubbornness was overcome by the visible presence of the resurrection.

* Jesus said in effect that while no sign would be given as concerned his authority to teach, kill my body and in 3 days I will raise it up again. They did and Jesus returned.

But you want to split hairs and demand that we show the transactions of the spirit world where Jesus did in fact resurrect a likeness of himself. If you are that proud to the point of that sort of posturing, you just are not going to concede.

We have come to the parting of the ways on this issue.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
That's lame Keypurr, and self serving! You lack trust in Jesus like Thomas did ....until his stubbornness was overcome by the visible presence of the resurrection.

* Jesus said in effect that while no sign would be given as concerned his authority to teach, kill my body and in 3 days I will raise it up again. They did and Jesus returned.

But you want to split hairs and demand that we show the transactions of the spirit world where Jesus did in fact resurrect a likeness of himself. If you are that proud to the point of that sort of posturing, you just are not going to concede.

His questions are man made questions from an evil heart in atheist style.

I would be ashamed to ask questions like he does.

It comes from a harden stoney heart full of antitrinitarian cracks.

Not looking good. He...

hardheart+03.jpg

- is deceitful and desperately sick (Jer. 17:9).
- is full of evil (Mark 7:21-23).
- loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19).
- is unrighteous, does not understand, does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12).
- is helpless and ungodly (Rom. 5:6).
- is dead in his trespasses and sins (Eph. 2:1).
- is by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2:3).
- cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14).
- is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:16-20).

keypurr

There is no verse in scripture that says Jesus did if fact raise himself. If he did then he did not die. You need to stop assuming that you can just accept what tradition has given to you. Christ died, the dead know nothing. He could not raise himself if he was dead. Scripture tells us that God raised him, the God that Christ speaks of in John 17:3. You can not rewrite scripture to fit your thoughts friend.

keypurr

A. Overview of John:

We begin in John 1:1 with a plain statement of fact that Jesus is God. The gospel of John traces the process of Jesus teaching this fact of His divinity to mankind in various settings. Finally the book closes with another plain statement of the fact of Jesus' divinity, except this time it comes from the mouth of "doubting Thomas".

Conclusion of book: Jn 20:31 "these have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name"

The words in John 1:1 are not speaking of Jesus TB. They are speaking of the spirit that was IN him. Christ is the express image of the Father who is a spirit, that makes Christ a spiritual being. He lowered himself to take the form of man to destroy the works of Satan. Christ spoke through Jesus, Christ is the son that came down from heaven, not Jesus who was born to Mary. Jesus was human, the Christ in him is a created form of God.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
There is no verse in scripture that says Jesus did if fact raise himself. If he did then he did not die. You need to stop assuming that you can just accept what tradition has given to you. Christ died, the dead know nothing. He could not raise himself if he was dead. Scripture tells us that God raised him, the God that Christ speaks of in John 17:3. You can not rewrite scripture to fit your thoughts friend.

Jesus said He would - :duh:

keypurr

His questions are man made questions from an evil heart in atheist style.

I would be ashamed to ask questions like he does.

It comes from a harden stoney heart full of antitrinitarian cracks.

Not looking good. He...

hardheart+03.jpg

- is deceitful and desperately sick (Jer. 17:9).

- is full of evil (Mark 7:21-23).

- loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19).

- is unrighteous, does not understand, does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12).

- is helpless and ungodly (Rom. 5:6).

- is dead in his trespasses and sins (Eph. 2:1).

- is by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2:3).

- cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14).

- is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:16-20).

TB, you have no idea how wrong you are. I was a trin, a very active church member for many years. But the truth is in the scriptures not the churches. There is only one true God, and Jesus Christ has a God. So that is proof that he is not the most high God. Jesus is my Lord and saviour, not my God. You are chained to your church and you will sink with it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
TB, you have no idea how wrong you are. I was a trin, a very active church member for many years. But the truth is in the scriptures not the churches. There is only one true God, and Jesus Christ has a God. So that is proof that he is not the most high God. Jesus is my Lord and saviour, not my God. You are chained to your church and you will sink with it.

I said
Keypurr have you asked them what else do they think Jesus lied about. Because Jesus told us point blank that the Father is the only true God.

John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

And what else do they think Paul lied about. Because Paul told us for there is only one God the Father.

1 Cor 8:6
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I said
Keypurr have you asked them what else do they think Jesus lied about. Because Jesus told us point blank that the Father is the only true God.

1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

And what else do they think Paul lied about. Because Paul told us for there is only one God the Father.

6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

are you a jehovah witness too ?:rapture:

keypurr

I said

1Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,

2"as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.

3"And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

(NKJ)

6yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

(NKJ)

My friend, they are not really interested in God's or his son's words. They just wish to sit and soak in the fables of their churches.

Pierac

A. Overview of John:

Perhaps you should follow Johns reason for writing his Gospel. :think:

You do know... John tells us why he wrote his little book! I mean he actually tells you!

Joh 20:31 but these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name. :readthis:

This verse could have saved you a lot of speculation in your post! Does John say these things have been written so that that you might believe Jesus is Divine? NO, John does not...

John simply wants you to know the truth... That Jesus is the Christ/Messiah... that is the one anointed by GOD!

Jesus is the Son of GOD... same as saying the King of Israel! Nothing more or less.... straight from the hand of John himself!

BTY... Did You even understand what the Hebraic term Son of God really means? :think:

Stop putting traditions of men is Johns' writings! :rolleyes:

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Addressed and explained, he said he would and he did. His mortal body died, his eternal spirit didn't. Jesus is God, so yes, God raised him.

Btw, there is no scripture that says God created the Son.

keypurr

Addressed and explained, he said he would and he did. His mortal body died, his eternal spirit didn't. Jesus is God, so yes, God raised him.

Btw, there is no scripture that says God created the Son.

You will never see the light if your head is in the ground.

daqq

The words in John 1:1 are not speaking of Jesus TB. They are speaking of the spirit that was IN him. Christ is the express image of the Father who is a spirit, that makes Christ a spiritual being. He lowered himself to take the form of man to destroy the works of Satan. Christ spoke through Jesus, Christ is the son that came down from heaven, not Jesus who was born to Mary. Jesus was human, the Christ in him is a created form of God.

:thumb: The Memra or Logos which descended in somatikos-bodily form like a dove in Luke 3:22, (and Codex Bezae includes the full statement from Psalm 2:7, "Thou art my son; this day have I begotten thee"). Is there a thread of your own where you discuss your understanding of these things in depth? :)

RevTestament

:thumb: The Memra or Logos which descended in somatikos-bodily form like a dove in Luke 3:22, (and Codex Bezae includes the full statement from Psalm 2:7, "Thou art my son; this day have I begotten thee"). Is there a thread of your own where you discuss your understanding of these things in depth? :)

Hello daqq and welcome to TOL :)
I have discussed the Codex Bezae with you b4. It's version of Luke is a clear example of text doctoring, and once again its idea that God told Jesus "this day I have begotten thee" at His baptism conflicts with its own Matthew and Mark.