Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Guess the entire greek text has been mistranslated. But I what was translated by those who did the original are a little ahead of you.

New International Version
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

New Living Translation
In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

English Standard Version

New American Standard Bible

King James Bible

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
In the beginning, the Word existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

NET Bible
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was fully God.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
In the origin The Word had been existing and That Word had been existing with God and That Word was himself God.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
In the beginning the Word already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Jubilee Bible 2000
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with the God, and the Word was God.

King James 2000 Bible

American King James Version

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
IN the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Darby Bible Translation
In [the] beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God;
And none of them changing Tyndale's poor translation. Do you know any greek?

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
"that" word ? sounds like a rap song. that word was in da beginin, dat word was wit God. is that the ebonic bible ?:shut:

Luther. RCC wanted to kill him for translating the bible from Latin to German. RCC wanted no one to be able to read it. If everyone was able to read the bible, the RCC would have lost profits.

Omniskeptical

BANNED
Banned
Is Jesus God? If not you are the idolator.
Only in the sense that the messengers of God are divine. But I don't make crosses and statues, and bow before them. Anything that represents god as directly connected to creation is idolatry. An image of his hands or feet would be included. The Hebrew definition of hands and feet are not shapes but forces.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
t​
e​
a​
r​
down this temple and in three days​
I​
w​
I​
I​
l​
l​
raise it up again

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Now show us where he did it.

Seriously Keypurr??? Or is it Thomas??? Are you that stubborn and even self deceiving that you directly challenge that Jesus resurrected his former mortal tabernacle as he said he would?

Jesus returned from the dead as he specifically said he would, that is the proof!

keypurr

Seriously Keypurr??? Or is it Thomas??? Are you that stubborn and even self deceiving that you directly challenge that Jesus resurrected his former mortal tabernacle as he said he would?

Jesus returned from the dead as he specifically said he would, that is the proof!

But who raised him? Hint, his God.
If he raised himself he was not dead.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
But who raised him? Hint, his God.
If he raised himself he was not dead.

No hint is needed, Jesus is Lord and God. The mortal body that the Son took on during his incarnation, is what died. He allowed his human form to be killed. The Son of God incarnate specifically said he had the power to lay down his life (flesh) and the power to take it up again. But you also discount that direct statement as well???

BTW, killing Jesus was a sin! But he allowed it (as it was his Fathers will for certain reasons). The cross was a bridge from Judaism, that rejected their calling, to the Pagan worlds way of thinking. The cross had the effect of making the new gospel about Jesus more attractive to the Western world who would adopt his discarded religion.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Jesus is Divine in name and is called "GOD" directly: John 1:1-3

A. Passages where Jesus is unquestionably called God

Heb 1:8 Father addresses son as God
Jn 1:1 The word was God
Phil 2:6-8 Jesus existed in the form of God
Jn 20:28 'My Lord and My God
Isa 7:14 "A Child Will Be Born And His Name Is Called": "Emanuel: God with us"
Isa 9:6 "A Child Will Be Born And His Name Is Called": "Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace"

B. Passages that speak of Christ's deity but because of the wording in the Greek, it can be argued that the Father is being addressed as God, not Jesus.

Titus 2:13-14 "looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus; who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds."
1 Timothy 1:16,17 "And yet for this reason I found mercy, in order that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience, as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen."
1 Timothy 6:14-16 "that you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which He will bring about at the proper time-He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords; who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light; whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen."
2 Peter 1:1 "Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ. Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord"

keypurr

No hint is needed, Jesus is Lord and God. The mortal body that the Son took on during his incarnation, is what died. He allowed his human form to be killed. The Son of God incarnate specifically said he had the power to lay down his life (flesh) and the power to take it up again. But you also discount that direct statement as well???

BTW, killing Jesus was a sin! But he allowed it (as it was his Fathers will for certain reasons). The cross was a bridge from Judaism, that rejected their calling, to the Pagan worlds way of thinking. The cross had the effect of making the new gospel about Jesus more attractive to the Western world who would adopt his discarded religion.

He was sent to die for us. He could have stopped it by calling on his father's angles.

keypurr

Jesus is Divine in name and is called "GOD" directly: John 1:1-3

A. Passages where Jesus is unquestionably called God

Heb 1:8 Father addresses son as God

Jn 1:1 The word was God

Phil 2:6-8 Jesus existed in the form of God

Jn 20:28 'My Lord and My God

Isa 7:14 "A Child Will Be Born And His Name Is Called": "Emanuel: God with us"

Isa 9:6 "A Child Will Be Born And His Name Is Called": "Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace"

B. Passages that speak of Christ's deity but because of the wording in the Greek, it can be argued that the Father is being addressed as God, not Jesus.

Titus 2:13-14 "looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus; who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds."

1 Timothy 1:16,17 "And yet for this reason I found mercy, in order that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience, as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen."

1 Timothy 6:14-16 "that you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ, which He will bring about at the proper time-He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords; who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light; whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen."

2 Peter 1:1 "Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ. Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord"

I go to my God and your God.

In my Father's house.......

We have one God and one Lord.

John 17:3

Jesus was a man, the Christ in him is a form of God, a god. Christ was given the fullness of the Father at his creation, before the world was made.

Christ was made Lord by his God.

Christ the firstborn of all CREATURES. Col 1:15, Heb 1:3.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
He was sent to die for us. He could have stopped it by calling on his father's angles.

That's your hang up, the Pagan interpretation of the cross, Jesus came on his own volition to live for us. Dyeing was just part of it because dyeing is part of life for us all. We have a God who knows what it's like to be human, even to die with faith as a human.

But even if you disagree with me and Jesus, the fact remains he laid down his life and he took it up again, as God he was given that power by his Father.

Your other hang up is your oneness concept of deity, that the I AM cannot be expressed in unified divine persons such as his creator sons.

The Universal Father is our grandfather.

keypurr

That's your hang up, the Pagan interpretation of the cross, Jesus came on his own volition to live for us. Dyeing was just part of it because dyeing is part of life for us all. We have a God who knows what it's like to be human, even to die with faith as a human.

But even if you disagree with me and Jesus, the fact remains he laid down his life and he took it up again, as God he was given that power by his Father.

Your other hang up is your oneness concept of deity, that the I AM cannot be expressed in unified divine persons such as his creator sons.

The Universal Father is our grandfather.

In my Bibles it states that Jesus Christ said that he did not come of his own accord. He was sent by his God to do a job. Read Heb 10. Christ is the Lamb of God, not God. My God can not die. If yous can I suggest you give him up and worship the only true God, the Father.