Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

CherubRam

Bs'd

There is only ONE God, and not two.

Your believe is polytheism and idolatry.

All who will inherit life immortal will be gods.

Psalm 82:6 “I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’ 7 But you will die like mere mortals; you will fall like every other ruler.”

Genesis 6:2
the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they took any they chose as wives for themselves.

Genesis 6:4
The Nephilim were on the earth both in those days and afterwards, when the sons of God came to the daughters of men, and who bore children to them. They were powerful men of old, men of renown.

[Nephilim translated means "Fallen ones." They were [men] who were of a very low moral grade.]

Job 1:6
One day the sons of God [men] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.

Job 2:1
One day the sons of God came again to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them to present himself before the LORD.

Job 38:7
while the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Hos 1:10
“Yet the Israelites will be like the sand on the seashore, which cannot be measured or counted. In the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, because they will be called sons of God.

Luke 20:36
For they cannot die anymore, because they are like [angels/messengers] and are sons of God, since they are sons of the resurrection.

Galatians 3:26
for you are all sons of God through faith in Messiah Yashua.

Psalm 82:6
I said, "You are gods; you are all sons of the Most High.

John 10:33-34
33"We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God." (a god)
34 Yashua answered them, "Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'? 35If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

Yahshua was asked if he was the Messiah, he was not asked if he was God. It has always been understood that the Messiah would be a god from Heaven.

John 10:24. The Jews who were there gathered around him, asking, “How long will you keep us in suspense, if you’re the Messiah, tell us plainly?”

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Romans 8:19
For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Galatians 4:6
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Philippians 2:15
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

1 John 3:2
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Last edited:

Elia

All who will inherit life immortal will be gods.

Psalm 82:6 “I said, ‘You are “gods”; you are all sons of the Most High.’ 7 But you will die like mere mortals; you will fall like every other ruler.”

Genesis 6:2
the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they took any they chose as wives for themselves.

Genesis 6:4
The Nephilim were on the earth both in those days and afterwards, when the sons of God came to the daughters of men, and who bore children to them. They were powerful men of old, men of renown.

[Nephilim translated means "Fallen ones." They were [men] who were of a very low moral grade.]

Job 1:6
One day the sons of God [men] came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them.

Job 2:1
One day the sons of God came again to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came with them to present himself before the LORD.

Job 38:7
while the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

Hos 1:10
“Yet the Israelites will be like the sand on the seashore, which cannot be measured or counted. In the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ they will be called ‘sons of the living God.’

Matthew 5:9
Blessed are the peacemakers, because they will be called sons of God.

Bs'd

The word here translated as "God" of "gods" is "elohiem". And that is used for God, but also for leaders, mighty men, judges, and others.

So don't think that the above texts all speak about God.

In Exodus 4:16 God says to Moses that he will be of an elohiem for his brother Aharon. ("elohim" is the longer form of the word "el") This doesn't mean that Moses was a God for Aharon and Aharon started to worship his brother, it meant that Moses would be the leader of Aharon.

In Exodus 21:1-6 is spoken about a slave who after the normal period of servitude ended, doesn't want to leave his master. In that case the owner has to take him to court, where the slave will make a statement that he doesn't want to leave his master, and that he will serve his master until his death. The Hebrew text there says that his master must take him to the "elohim". There the NAS, ASV, ESV, NRSV, RSV, YLT, they all say that his master must take him "to God". However, his master doesn't take him for a ride to heaven, but takes him to the courthouse. Therefore the NIV, KJV, TNIV, and the NIRV, they all say that the master must take him to "the judges".

StanJ

Bs'd
The WHOLE Bible teaches God is one.
NOWHERE is it written that God is "triune" or anything like that.
That is made up by the Christians in order to justify their idol.
So what he said was: 2 = 1. Why believe nonsense like that?
My God and savior is the one and only true God Y-H-W-H who is ONE, and not triune.
שמע ישראל י-ה-ו-ה אלהנו י-ה-ו-ה אחד
Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is ONE.
And you shall love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart;
and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deut 6:4-9
The Jews until this day fulfill this commandment. Every morning they put upon their arm and upon their forehead their phylacteries, (prayer belts) that consist of black straps with black leather cubes, that contain parchment upon which is written this Biblical text that says that God is one. Upon the doorposts of the houses of the religious Jews there are small boxes or containers that also contain parchment upon which is written that God is one. During the morning and evening prayers the above text is recited which says that God is one.
Y-H-W-H, the one and only God who is one.
Beside Him there is no God, no Buddha, no Christ, no David Koresh; NOBODY.
Whoever worships anything or anybody else than Y-H-W-H is an IDOL WORSHIPER.

Yes the WHOLE Bible does, but I see you only quote the OT...could that be because you don't believe Jesus is the Messiah?
Also do you NOT believe in the OMNI attributes of God? They are not named in the Bible either.
I have no problem with the Shema, and it ONLY finds it's completeness and full understanding when viewed from the perspective of the NC/NT.
What is God referring to in Gen 1:26 (NIV) when He says;
“Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness"

Our triune God IS one in purpose and identity and power and purpose.

CherubRam

Bs'd

The word here translated as "God" of "gods" is "elohiem". And that is used for God, but also for leaders, mighty men, judges, and others.

So don't think that the above texts all speak about God.

In Exodus 4:16 God says to Moses that he will be of an elohiem for his brother Aharon. ("elohim" is the longer form of the word "el") This doesn't mean that Moses was a God for Aharon and Aharon started to worship his brother, it meant that Moses would be the leader of Aharon.

In Exodus 21:1-6 is spoken about a slave who after the normal period of servitude ended, doesn't want to leave his master. In that case the owner has to take him to court, where the slave will make a statement that he doesn't want to leave his master, and that he will serve his master until his death. The Hebrew text there says that his master must take him to the "elohim". There the NAS, ASV, ESV, NRSV, RSV, YLT, they all say that his master must take him "to God". However, his master doesn't take him for a ride to heaven, but takes him to the courthouse. Therefore the NIV, KJV, TNIV, and the NIRV, they all say that the master must take him to "the judges".

There are "translation" and there are "interpretation," sometimes a interpretation is ok, but not always.

keypurr

Bs'd

There is only ONE God, and not two.

Your believe is polytheism and idolatry.

I don't think he believes in two friend.
He posted one true God an one "a god. "
Christ is a created form of God but not God, he is a god.

StanJ

The words "a god" confuses them friend. They just do not understand what goes against their traditional faith.

The words 'a god' are not found in John 1:1 in ANY manuscript keypurr and
yes it does go against our traditional Christian faith. Arianism or Judaism is NOT traditional Christian faith.
Just thought I'd let you know I am paying attention to ANYTHING you post.

glorydaz

yes it does go against our traditional Christian faith. Arianism or Judaism is NOT traditional Christian faith.

It's in the Jehovah Witnesses Bible. "And the word was a god". It was when I was shown that by some JWs (over forty years ago) that I was led to seek the truth....and I found it. :)

StanJ

It's in the Jehovah Witnesses Bible. "And the word was a god". It was when I was shown that by some JWs (over forty years ago) that I was led to seek the truth....and I found it. :)

LOL...thanks, but I was talking about VALID Bible translations. I've asked and none of them confess to being JW although I think keypurr said he likes the NWT.
:jawdrop:

keypurr

Good, then maybe you will learn something.

Your traditional faith is in error. But you do not really care. You just a "yes man" Stan. They tell you to jump and you say how high. I my opinion your not open to learning anything so that makes you rather restricted.

There is a translation that uses "a god" in John 1 but you would discard it. You sincerely hold yourself back by refusing to listen to new ideas as to what scripture is saying. Computers we have today can open up a lot of the truth that has been misunderstood over the years.

I will pray for you Stan, hopefully God will open your eyes and heart.

CherubRam

Actually the word "theos" means devine. The word "god" is an interpretation. The WORD was not the "Only Devine Eternal," but God like. (and the Word was Devine.)
Word of God
John 14:24.
"He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me."

Yahshua spoke for Yahwah, and that is why he is called the word of God.

StanJ

Good, then maybe you will learn something.

Your traditional faith is in error. But you do not really care. You just a "yes man" Stan. They tell you to jump and you say how high. I my opinion your not open to learning anything so that makes you rather restricted.

There is a translation that uses "a god" in John 1 but you would discard it. You sincerely hold yourself back by refusing to listen to new ideas as to what scripture is saying. Computers we have today can open up a lot of the truth that has been misunderstood over the years.

I will pray for you Stan, hopefully God will open your eyes and heart.

Not at all keypurr which I have constantly shown you to be wrong about. Thanks though for honestly admitting you are NOT a Christian. Now maybe you can change you label.
Which one keypurr? If you say NWT I'll seriously laugh out loud.

Thanks but I'm pretty sure the god you pray to is NOT the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

StanJ

Actually the word "theos" means devine. The word "god" is an interpretation. The WORD was not the "Only Devine Eternal," but God like. (and the Word was Devine.)
Word of God
John 14:24.
"He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me."
Yahshua spoke for Yahwah, and that is why he is called the word of God.

Actually, θεός (theos) has a few connotations, ONE of which is deity. The word GOD is a translation. The WORD (ho logos) was God (eimi theos)
That you try to make all renderings of logos connote the same thing, only shows your ignorance of grammar, not just Greek.
Jesus spoke FOR and AS God. He is called the WORD, because He IS.

keypurr

Not at all keypurr which I have constantly shown you to be wrong about. Thanks though for honestly admitting you are NOT a Christian. Now maybe you can change you label.
Which one keypurr? If you say NWT I'll seriously laugh out loud.

Thanks but I'm pretty sure the god you pray to is NOT the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

It is not I that does not follow the teaching of Christ. Your trying to get folks to listen to your lies Stan. I pray to the same God that Christ prayed to, you should try it. It starts with "OurFather......"

StanJ

It is not I that does not follow the teaching of Christ. Your trying to get folks to listen to your lies Stan. I pray to the same God that Christ prayed to, you should try it. It starts with "OurFather......"

Another typical example of ad hominem with NO actual substance keypurr. You apparently have no shame at all in this regard.
You do not pray to the same god or you would KNOW who Jesus is.
And yet before Jesus left He told His disciples to pray in HIS name, so obviously again you fall short in understanding scriptures and only quote things you pull out of context to eisegete a point, NOT to actually SEE the truth.

StanJ

"Why do you call me good? Only God is good."

"The Father is greater than I."

Jesus said: I and the Father are one.
Jesus said: If you've seen me you've seen the Father.
Jesus said: If you knew me, you would know my Father also.
Jesus said: You shall worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.
Jesus said: If you do not believe that I am He, you will indeed die in your sins.
Jesus said: You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and rightly so, for that is what I am.
Jesus said: Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.