Jesus is God

Jesus is God

• Total voters

keypurr

That is why you do not believe John 1:1.

I DO believe in John 1. But you see Jesus as the WORD. I see Christ as the WORD. Christ, a spirit, was with God at the creation,he was given the power of the Father. Christ BECAME flesh. Christ was SENT from the Father. Jesus did not exist until he was born. He is the body prepared to hold the Christ as recorded in Heb 10:5. Jesus is flesh, Christ needed to become flesh. Christ entered Jesus at his baptism. That is when Jesus got the POWER of CHRIST. Christ acted and spoke through Jesus.

I have no problem with John 1:1.
But Trins do. To them it is a mystery. How can God be with himself?

The word in John 1:1 was not human, it was spirit.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I DO believe in John 1. But you see Jesus as the WORD. I see Christ as the WORD. Christ, a spirit, was with God at the creation,he was given the power of the Father. Christ BECAME flesh. Christ was SENT from the Father. Jesus did not exist until he was born. He is the body prepared to hold the Christ as recorded in Heb 10:5. Jesus is flesh, Christ needed to become flesh. Christ entered Jesus at his baptism. That is when Jesus got the POWER of CHRIST. Christ acted and spoke through Jesus.

I have no problem with John 1:1.
But Trins do. To them it is a mystery. How can God be with himself?

The word in John 1:1 was not human, it was spirit.

:doh: Jesus is the Christ, hello. Jesus=Christ. They are synonymous.

keypurr

:doh: Jesus is the Christ, hello.

Only because the express image of the Father was in him. The Father is a spirit so Christ is a spirit. That spirit took on the form of flesh. Christ is the son God SENT. Jesus was born not SENT. Your not seeing the spiritual side of Jesus Christ, you only see Jesus.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Only because the express image of the Father was in him. The Father is a spirit so Christ is a spirit. That spirit took on the form of flesh. Christ is the son God SENT. Jesus was born not SENT. Your not seeing the spiritual side of Jesus Christ, you only see Jesus.

You have it right . Why do you misinterpret?

Pierac

Keypurr is nothing but a 'false theorist.! You, on the other hand
come off as, what they call, a "Jerk!"
No offence, I'm trying to
help you face your limitations, insecurities, and lack of self
respect! By the way, what church or denomination are you
affiliated with? I'll bet you don't have what it takes to answer
that question?

I'll give you 2 for 1 Below...

You're not an easy individual to like, are ya? Didn't you used to
post as an Atheist a while back? I could be thinking of somebody
else, I could be wrong?

If a math teacher DEMANDED that you stop saying that 2 + 2 = 9...

Would that make them a Jerk or an hard individual to like? Maybe to those who taught as such? :think:

I have the truth in this matter, and when I rip your traditions of men to shreds you place labels.... because you have no truth to reply... only just what men have to say on the matter... And you should be very concerned! Because you will not be judged by the men who teach you!

I have never been an Atheist... however, was Catholic most of my youth... :chuckle: Then converted to Baptist... Yea, I Know... :eek: Now just attend the local Bible church My wife likes. I occasionally sit and pull up scripture... showing the exact opposite of what the Pastor just said, but my wife does not care much for my prodding. So I mostly do research, and occasionally read TOL on my phone during the non scriptural monolog of a service! Hope this helps

BTY, I'm pretty sure... the money exchangers at the Temple thought Jesus was a Jerk too! :whip:

Your TOL Scriptural Math Teacher...
:poly::sherlock:
Paul

keypurr

I'll give you 2 for 1 Below...

If a math teacher DEMANDED that you stop saying that 2 + 2 = 9...

Would that make them a Jerk or an hard individual to like? Maybe to those who taught as such? :think:

I have the truth in this matter, and when I rip your traditions of men to shreds you place labels.... because you have no truth to reply... only just what men have to say on the matter... And you should be very concerned! Because you will not be judged by the men who teach you!

I have never been an Atheist... however, was Catholic most of my youth... :chuckle: Then converted to Baptist... Yea, I Know... :eek: Now just attend the local Bible church My wife likes. I occasionally sit and pull up scripture... showing the exact opposite of what the Pastor just said, but my wife does not care much for my prodding. So I mostly do research, and occasionally read TOL on my phone during the non scriptural monolog of a service! Hope this helps

BTY, I'm pretty sure... the money exchangers at the Temple thought Jesus was a Jerk too! :whip:

Your TOL Scriptural Math Teacher...
:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Now he will give you a neg rep.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
You have a bigger problem than I thought.

All of mankind has a bigger problem but you deny you have any problems. If the bible states you got a problem, you'll say no I don't, you're a corrupted bible!

If the bible is corrupted to you then you got two big problems. The second problem is that you deny the bible.

You have bigger problems.

It's sad you and I have to fight like children. You're more mature than that !

keypurr

All of mankind has a bigger problem but you deny you have any problems. If the bible states you got a problem, you'll say no I don't, you're a corrupted bible!

If the bible is corrupted to you then you got two big problems. The second problem is that you deny the bible.

You have bigger problems.

It's sad you and I have to fight like children. You're more mature than that !

Are you fighting? I debate, but I do not fight. I used to in my younger days. I come from the streets of a big city where you had to defend yourself on every corner.

It is sad to say that man has translated the scriptures in error. But it is true. You just have to deal with it. There are many books on the market that prove my point.

I gave all by problems to my Lord and I trust him to take care of them. You need to do that.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Are you fighting? I debate, but I do not fight. I used to in my younger days. I come from the streets of a big city where you had to defend yourself on every corner.

It is sad to say that man has translated the scriptures in error. But it is true. You just have to deal with it. There are many books on the market that prove my point.

I gave all by problems to my Lord and I trust him to take care of them. You need to do that.

I'm good but I'll walk off first.

keypurr

Jesus is God

I'm good but I'll walk off first.

Good cause you got me scared.

Please do not ever think I am fighting. Sometimes I get carried away but I am never angry at anyone. Even the folks who neg rep me. Besides even my cats can beat me up.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Amen! Jesus Christ is indeed the Creator - not the created. The Lord Jesus Christ had no beginning and will have no end, just like God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. "The Word", without question, is the Lord Jesus Christ. This is why those who deny that Jesus Christ is God need a false bible like the one JW's use.

John 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Jesus Christ is the word made flesh, not the Word itself.

If you said Christ is the creator then you would be right.

You have learnt the RCC formula which says there are three Gods in Heaven from eternity back.

The Bible repeatedly says Jesus is the son of God.

Why do you add to Gods word?

LA

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus Christ is the word made flesh, not the Word itself.

If you said Christ is the creator then you would be right.

You have learnt the RCC formula which says there are three Gods in Heaven from eternity back.

The Bible repeatedly says Jesus is the son of God.

Why do you add to Gods word?

LA

1. Huh?

2. Correct

3. I am not a Catholic and yet I know that they believe in a Triune God not three gods.

4. You would be correct. Jesus is the Son of God.

5. And the addition to God's word is where?

beloved57

Christ, the spiritual son is the word. He is a form of God. Jesus is the body prepared for him to live in. Heb 10:5.

Wheres the scripture that says Jesus is not God ? You keep quoting scripture about Jesus being the Son of God, thats well and Good, but what about the ones that indicate that He is God ? I have listed them in my Thread !

keypurr

Jesus did not speak the spiritual son, He spoke the Word.

Jesus spoke the living word by which He also was born and raised up.

LA

Explain Hebrews 10:5 to me, I must be reading it wrong. I see Christ speaking about a body prepared for him. What would that mean to you? It tells me that Christ is a spirit and needed a body to take over. What kind of body would he need? Maybe a sinless one, for Christ has the power God gave him before the world was.

Wow. That seems to make sense so far. When did Jesus get his power? Acts 10:38. He got it at his anointing. That is the same time God announced from heaven that THIS WAS HIS SON. God sent his spiritual son to die for us in the form of a man. Jesus was not born the Christ, he became the Christ. Christ created the universe for his father, Jesus had to grow in wisdom. Are you seeing what I am trying to show you?

beloved57

Explain Hebrews 10:5 to me, I must be reading it wrong. I see Christ speaking about a body prepared for him. What would that mean to you? It tells me that Christ is a spirit and needed a body to take over. What kind of body would he need? Maybe a sinless one, for Christ has the power God gave him before the world was.

Wow. That seems to make sense so far. When did Jesus get his power? Acts 10:38. He got it at his anointing. That is the same time God announced from heaven that THIS WAS HIS SON. God sent his spiritual son to die for us in the form of a man. Jesus was not born the Christ, he became the Christ. Christ created the universe for his father, Jesus had to grow in wisdom. Are you seeing what I am trying to show you?

Again you quote scriptures that indicates Jesus as the Son of God, that is well, but you evade scripture indicating that He is God, that is inconsistency on you !

keypurr

Wheres the scripture that says Jesus is not God ? You keep quoting scripture about Jesus being the Son of God, thats well and Good, but what about the ones that indicate that He is God ? I have listed them in my Thread !

John 17:3 is the best one, read the entire chapter.

He said he was going to his God.

He said, my God, my God why have you forsaken me.

In Revelation he speaks of the saints and pillars in the temple of his God.

Peter says he is the son of God.

Paul never says Jesus is God.

Luke says he is the son of the most high God.

Thomas is the only one and I think that is a translation error between the Greek and English. There are words in the Greek that mean "a god" not the God.

Where does it say that Jesus is God? The Jews thought he was claiming equality with God but Jesus corrected them on that.

The church which was really controlled by the State made Jesus God in the fourth century, over fifty years later they added the Holy Spirit to make the Trinity you have today. The original Apostles did not see Christ as God. I have been where you in in theology friend, I am still learning just like you. I have been blessed wit some understanding of some things in the scriptures. I share it with you all.

keypurr

Jesus is God

Again you quote scriptures that indicates Jesus as the Son of God, that is well, but you evade scripture indicating that He is God, that is inconsistency on you !

There are no verses that say Jesus is God.

However there are verses that say the Christ in him is a form of God.