Jesus is God !

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Look at my entire message, that's the context. The BiblicalUnitarian site is an excellent resource showing a scriptural support for a Unitarian Theology/Christology, - they do an EXCELLENT job there, instead of me bring up obvious passages which clearly show distinction/difference between The Father and his anointed human representative, and the fact that the 'Messiah' can also refer to the collective peoplehood of God, 'Israel' as a whole.

Elsewhere, my challenge and exploration of the claim that 'Jesus is God' holds.....since only the Infinite Spirit is 'God', even if 'God' has assumed or incarnated in different physical bodies or tabernacles,....STILL....the Universal Father is 'God' over all, the Ancestor of all, the Fountainhead, the Original One. This 'God' has many Sons/sons, from an upper hierarchy of divine Sons, to adopted mortal sons, born of His Spirit.

Anyone can spew an assortment or arsenal of verses (subject to interpretation), but I approach this more philosophically, or as an 'eclectic',...since one can choose either a Unitarian or Trinitarian view by their own rationale ( or some other Christology), and still 'God' is 'God', and His Son (or Messiah), remains His Son, with the same power to save, heal and deliver...differences only being in how terms and persons are defined or 'related'.

pj

There is just so much more that can be known of God but only after our resurrection to be able to comprehend Him fully, and even then I suspect that we may never get to the end of knowing Him fully forever.

Knowing Jesus now is something we are able to do, if we want it, and it is sufficient.

LA

Apple7

Look at my entire message, that's the context. The BiblicalUnitarian site is an excellent resource showing a scriptural support for a Unitarian Theology/Christology, - they do an EXCELLENT job there, instead of me bring up obvious passages which clearly show distinction/difference between The Father and his anointed human representative, and the fact that the 'Messiah' can also refer to the collective peoplehood of God, 'Israel' as a whole.

You are known for googling your replies....without so much as a milligram of being able to defend what you google.

Now is no different...

Elsewhere, my challenge and exploration of the claim that 'Jesus is God' holds.....since only the Infinite Spirit is 'God', even if 'God' has assumed or incarnated in different physical bodies or tabernacles,....STILL....the Universal Father is 'God' over all, the Ancestor of all, the Fountainhead, the Original One.

The One Triune God has always existed.

This 'God' has many Sons/sons, from an upper hierarchy of divine Sons, to adopted mortal sons, born of His Spirit.

Show us in Biblical scripture.

Anyone can spew an assortment or arsenal of verses (subject to interpretation), but I approach this more philosophically, or as an 'eclectic',...since one can choose either a Unitarian or Trinitarian view by their own rationale ( or some other Christology), and still 'God' is 'God', and His Son (or Messiah), remains His Son, with the same power to save, heal and deliver...differences only being in how terms and persons are defined or 'related'.

There is only one correct interpretation of scripture, and that is Trinitarian.

The OT is a veritable clinic on how the Unitarian Jews incorrectly worshiped God as He revealed Himself to be, Triune....that is why they were almost wiped from the planet...with only the remnant allowed to go forth into the future, the ones who worshiped Him as Triune.:up:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If God made Him Lord, He did so before creation. Jesus created everything there is. He is The Lamb of God, slain from the foundation of the earth. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He's always been.

No.

Jesus is a man born though Mary.

Yesterday was after He was born, today is the now and forever is into the future without end.

Jesus was planned by God to be slain, but that does not mean Jesus was alive before He was born.

The Father has always been, not His Son. We have the Bible record of how the Father bought everything to come to pass.

1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

Those who are born again see Truth, since The Kingdom is progressive and The Holy Spirit reveals Truths to those who are part of That Kingdom. Without being born again you cannot even yet see The Kingdom.

Those who are born of God allow Christ to teach his word to them, instead of seizing on a man plan to try and get ahead and be something they ought not become.

LA

Apple7

Logically, Jesus pointed his disciples to the The Father, who is the source of Life. All things originate back with-in The Father. God is Spirit.

pj

Here, it states that The Son is the originator of life...

The "God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob," "the God of our fathers," glorified the Son of Him, Jesus, whom you delivered up, and denied Him in the presence of Pilate, that one having decided to set Him free. But you denied the Holy and Just One, and asked for a man, a murderer, to be granted to you. And the Originator of Life you killed, whom God raised up from the dead, of which we are witnesses. (Act 3.13 -15)

:cigar:

Daniel1611

No.

Jesus is a man born though Mary.

Yesterday was after He was born, today is the now and forever is into the future without end.

Jesus was planned by God to be slain, but that does not mean Jesus was alive before He was born.

The Father has always been, not His Son. We have the Bible record of how the Father bought everything to come to pass.

LA

Blasphemy. Jesus Christ is from everlasting. He is the first and the last, the beginning and the ending, the Almighty. That is what he Bible says about Him.

Pierac

Here, it states that The Son is the originator of life...

The "God of Abraham and Isaac and Jacob," "the God of our fathers," glorified the Son of Him, Jesus, whom you delivered up, and denied Him in the presence of Pilate, that one having decided to set Him free. But you denied the Holy and Just One, and asked for a man, a murderer, to be granted to you. And the Originator of Life you killed, whom God raised up from the dead, of which we are witnesses. (Act 3.13 -15):cigar:

Your reading into scripture when you should read out of scripture... Look at your support verse...

NASB Act 3:13 "The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus, the one whom you delivered and disowned in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release Him. 14 "But you disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked for a murderer to be granted to you, 15 but put to death the Prince of life, the one whom God raised from the dead, a fact to which we are witnesses.

Net Bible Act 3:13 The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his servant Jesus,

ESV BIBLE Act 3:13 The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified his servant Jesus,

Jesus is clearly GOD's servant!!! The newly raised "founding Leader." God's chosen one!

What kind of servant? The First born from the dead as scripture teaches... Psa 89:26 "He (Jesus) will cry to Me(GOD), 'You are my Father, My God, and the rock of my salvation.' 27 "I also shall make him My firstborn, The highest of the kings of the earth.

YOU can not be God and then claim to have one as Jesus clearly teaches both before and after his resurrection... Much less be God and His servant!

Let me let scripture tell you exactly who Jesus is....

Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

Yet you don't know do you... :rolleyes:

Study harder... your letting men tell you what to believe...
:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Pierac

προσδεχομενοι την μακαριαν ελπιδα και επιφανειαν της δοξης του μεγαλου θεου και σωτηρος ημων χριστου ιησου

:cigar:

ανδρες ισραηλιται ακουσατε τους λογους τουτους ιησουν τον ναζωραιον ανδρα αποδεδειγμενον απο του θεου εις υμας δυναμεσιν και τερασιν και σημειοις οις εποιησεν δι αυτου ο θεος εν μεσω υμων καθως αυτοι οιδατε

:roses:

Paul

Apple7

Your reading into scripture when you should read out of scripture... Look at your support verse...

NASB Act 3:13 "The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified His servant Jesus, the one whom you delivered and disowned in the presence of Pilate, when he had decided to release Him. 14 "But you disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked for a murderer to be granted to you, 15 but put to death the Prince of life, the one whom God raised from the dead, a fact to which we are witnesses.

Net Bible Act 3:13 The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified his servant Jesus,

ESV BIBLE Act 3:13 The God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, the God of our fathers, glorified his servant Jesus,

Jesus is clearly GOD's servant!!! The newly raised "founding Leader." God's chosen one!

What kind of servant? The First born from the dead as scripture teaches... Psa 89:26 "He (Jesus) will cry to Me(GOD), 'You are my Father, My God, and the rock of my salvation.' 27 "I also shall make him My firstborn, The highest of the kings of the earth.

YOU can not be God and then claim to have one as Jesus clearly teaches both before and after his resurrection... Much less be God and His servant!

Let me let scripture tell you exactly who Jesus is....

Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

Yet you don't know do you... :rolleyes:

Study harder... your letting men tell you what to believe...
Paul

There are scriptures stating that The Father raised Jesus from the Dead....that The Son raised Himself from the dead....that The Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead...and that The Trinity raised Jesus from the dead.

From which of these do you deny...?

Spank!:chuckle:

Apple7

ανδρες ισραηλιται ακουσατε τους λογους τουτους ιησουν τον ναζωραιον ανδρα αποδεδειγμενον απο του θεου εις υμας δυναμεσιν και τερασιν και σημειοις οις εποιησεν δι αυτου ο θεος εν μεσω υμων καθως αυτοι οιδατε

:roses:

Paul

And...?

:chuckle:

Pierac

There are scriptures stating that The Father raised Jesus from the Dead....that The Son raised Himself from the dead....that The Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead...and that The Trinity raised Jesus from the dead.

From which of these do you deny...?

Spank!:chuckle:

There are no scriptures saying the Son raised himself from the dead! That's a fact!

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of GOD the Father, not a separate being!!! Jesus clearly tells you this!!!

Luk 12:11 And when they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not be anxious about how you should defend yourself or what you should say, 12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."

Mat 10:19 When they deliver you over, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour. 20 For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Not surprised you did not know this! :rolleyes:

and you state: and that The Trinity raised Jesus from the dead.

Wow, that's amazing since the word trinity is absent from our Scripture! You post with traditions of men emotions, you feel it to be true then it must be true... Much how our current Government runs today. Lacking facts and truth you feel like scripture teaches such things when it does no such thing! :think:

Yet, there are many scriptures teaching GOD raised him from the dead...

Now let’s take a look at one of the many verses that speak of God raising Jesus. Acts 2:32 states:

"God raised this Jesus"

Who raised this Jesus? GOD! Notice that it does not say "the Father," but "God." Unless we discard every known rule of language, we can see that Jesus is not included in the term God. Another point to be made is that God is alive and Jesus is dead. God is raising Jesus from the dead. As Timothy pointed out before, God is immortal, He cannot die. Jesus on the other hand is DEAD. If you believe Jesus to be God, then it is obvious that Jesus was never truly dead because he did in fact raise himself from the dead. A huge problem arises with this absurd idea in that the forgiveness of our sins comes only through the death of Jesus Christ as the Bible states. If Jesus is God then there was no real death because God is raising Jesus. Do you think that the Bible is wrong or that the creeds that were created by men that made Jesus God are wrong. Someone is wrong, the question is who, the writers of the Bible or the writers of YOUR creeds?

When preaching to these Jews Peter presents a Messiah who is the descendent of King David (v.30). He is one who would have rotted and decayed in the grave like any other man had not God raised him up again (v.24-32). Because God authenticated "this Jesus" by resurrecting him (thus reversing the national verdict accusing him of blasphemy, that is, claiming to be God's Messiah), Jesus is now "exulted to the right hand of God" (v. 33). God has thus sealed "this Jesus whom you crucified" (v.36) and declared him as "Lord and Messiah" to the nation of Israel and "for all who are far off" (the Gentiles as well, v.39). The proof of his Messiahship is that the Holy Spirit has been poured out.

Study Harder...
Paul

keypurr

There are no scriptures saying the Son raised himself from the dead! That's a fact!

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of GOD the Father, not a separate being!!! Jesus clearly tells you this!!!

Luk 12:11 And when they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, do not be anxious about how you should defend yourself or what you should say, 12 for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say."

Mat 10:19 When they deliver you over, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour. 20 For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Not surprised you did not know this! :rolleyes:

and you state: and that The Trinity raised Jesus from the dead.

Wow, that's amazing since the word trinity is absent from our Scripture! You post with traditions of men emotions, you feel it to be true then it must be true... Much how our current Government runs today. Lacking facts and truth you feel like scripture teaches such things when it does no such thing! :think:

Yet, there are many scriptures teaching GOD raised him from the dead...

Now let’s take a look at one of the many verses that speak of God raising Jesus. Acts 2:32 states:

"God raised this Jesus"

Who raised this Jesus? GOD! Notice that it does not say "the Father," but "God." Unless we discard every known rule of language, we can see that Jesus is not included in the term God. Another point to be made is that God is alive and Jesus is dead. God is raising Jesus from the dead. As Timothy pointed out before, God is immortal, He cannot die. Jesus on the other hand is DEAD. If you believe Jesus to be God, then it is obvious that Jesus was never truly dead because he did in fact raise himself from the dead. A huge problem arises with this absurd idea in that the forgiveness of our sins comes only through the death of Jesus Christ as the Bible states. If Jesus is God then there was no real death because God is raising Jesus. Do you think that the Bible is wrong or that the creeds that were created by men that made Jesus God are wrong. Someone is wrong, the question is who, the writers of the Bible or the writers of YOUR creeds?

When preaching to these Jews Peter presents a Messiah who is the descendent of King David (v.30). He is one who would have rotted and decayed in the grave like any other man had not God raised him up again (v.24-32). Because God authenticated "this Jesus" by resurrecting him (thus reversing the national verdict accusing him of blasphemy, that is, claiming to be God's Messiah), Jesus is now "exulted to the right hand of God" (v. 33). God has thus sealed "this Jesus whom you crucified" (v.36) and declared him as "Lord and Messiah" to the nation of Israel and "for all who are far off" (the Gentiles as well, v.39). The proof of his Messiahship is that the Holy Spirit has been poured out.

Study Harder...
Paul

Paul, your posting above Apple7 ability to understand.

Great post my friend.