Jesus is God !

Ben Masada

Some here at TOL are very good at expressing themselves. Others are not so good at that. The Lord is very good at it.

God is love. That cannot be expressed by the Law.

Nevertheless, the Law was given as a result of God's love. Otherwise Mankind would be struggling to survive in a jungle without law. The Law is what allows groups to live in society.

Ben Masada

congratulations on KNOWING GOD, and God's capabilities. you have determined what God can and cannot do, or what He would do or did. what else can you solve for us ? you know, so be content with that. nothing to learn or see here - :patrol:

Absolutely not! I have rather explained the monotheistic nature of God and how He has become the Primal Cause of the universe.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Absolutely not! I have rather explained the monotheistic nature of God and how He has become the Primal Cause of the universe.

yes, mono theistic. there is one God, capable of ALL things. ANYTHING. to read literally or restrictively, with pre-conceived beliefs or notions, leads to stunted spiritual growth. i am sorry if i seem short, i just can't believe folks don't see what i see, when i read the Bible. i suppose we see what we're looking for, that's why when i pick up a Bible, i'm brand new. i read as if i never read it before, as it's written, to ME and ALL. not every Book or OT scripture, but Paul and the NT. everything in the OT leads up to Christ, it's blatant now that we know. it's frustrating when folks don't get it. nothing personal, i realize i can't change anyone's faith or beliefs, so it's not you as a person, it's the words you use - :patrol:

Matt 19:16-26

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.

24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?

26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

This passage actually is teaching the Truth that Jesus is God ! Notice vs 17 As the young man had addressed Jesus as good, and Jesus responded accordingly, why callest thou me good, for none is good but ONE, that One Being God

Now , notice Jesus did not say, none is good but One and that is my Father, but He said that One, Being God !

Now if Jesus by this is not insinuating that He is God, then the alternative is that He was not good, seeing He just said only ONE, not Two, but ONLY ONE is good.

Now, if Jesus was not good, being that He was not the Only One Good God, then His commanding him, the young ruler, in order to be perfect, that he must go sell all his possessions, then give to the poor, and follow Him; Such an commandment exposed that the young man loved his possessions above God, which was a violation of the very first commandment, now if Jesus was not God, then the young mans refusal to obey and follow Jesus, could not be a proper standard to gauge his Love to God !

For there could not have been nothing amiss about not making such a great sacrifice as that Jesus told him, and then following Him if the One speaking was not the One God, who Only was good !

Absolutely the Lord Jesus, God in the flesh, was alluding to the fact that He, indeed, is God. This person, addressing Him as Good Master, was actually having a point of recognition of the uniqueness of the Lord Jesus, not as good master, as in some trained, robed cleric with a degree somebody may call Master, in deference, rather was seeing something uniquely good and from above of the Lord Jesus, ostensibly just a man of the public, to me Jesus as if saying, "Has it occurred to you that was a mouthful, you are seeing the goodness of God in Me?" Our Lord also knew this would become scripture, for all posterity to derive this truth from.

Luke 19:40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

(Of course, the Lord Jesus was blatant in this matter, John 8:58, John 10:30 and John 14:9, as well as substantiating prophecy of His deity, such as Isaiah 9:6.)

Ben Masada

yes, mono theistic. there is one God, capable of ALL things. ANYTHING. to read literally or restrictively, with pre-conceived beliefs or notions, leads to stunted spiritual growth. i am sorry if i seem short, i just can't believe folks don't see what i see, when i read the Bible. i suppose we see what we're looking for, that's why when i pick up a Bible, i'm brand new. i read as if i never read it before, as it's written, to ME and ALL. not every Book or OT scripture, but Paul and the NT. everything in the OT leads up to Christ, it's blatant now that we know. it's frustrating when folks don't get it. nothing personal, i realize i can't change anyone's faith or beliefs, so it's not you as a person, it's the words you use - :patrol:

So, every thing in the OT leads up to Christ? According to who, you or Paul? Alas! All the same to me! Anyway, mention to me what you think leads to Christ in the Tanach and we are in business.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So, every thing in the OT leads up to Christ? According to who, you or Paul? Alas! All the same to me! Anyway, mention to me what you think leads to Christ in the Tanach and we are in business.

sorry, you're stuck. no business to discuss. pride in questionable heritage is your stumbling stone. get over YOURSELF and Seek Christ Jesus. you will never hear another word (on the board) from me. may YOUR god bless you - :patrol:

Ben Masada

sorry, you're stuck. no business to discuss. pride in questionable heritage is your stumbling stone. get over YOURSELF and Seek Christ Jesus. you will never hear another word (on the board) from me. may YOUR god bless you - :patrol:

I can't seek the dead. This is called séance and it is forbidden according to the Faith of Jesus which was Judaism. Now, you can go.

Aimiel

Jesus WAS dead, but is alive, forevermore. He is The Author of Life.

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

keypurr

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

How does that make him God?

Consider that God made him Lord.

Pierac

GOD IS CHRIST. Holy Spirit Is God. you will find out when you die, until then :

View attachment 19335

:nono:

G5547

Χριστός
Christós; fem. christé, neut. christón, adj. from chríō (G5548), to anoint. Anointed, a term used in the OT applied to everyone anointed with the holy oil, primarily to the high priesthood (Lev_4:5, Lev_4:16). Also a name applied to others acting as redeemers.

Luke 9:35 Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!"

John 8:40 "But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.

Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

Luk 4:18 "THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME, BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR. HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES, AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND,

Act 10:38 "You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

GOD is not Christ, GOD choses His Christ by anointing Him! :readthis:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Apple7

How does that make him God?

Consider that God made him Lord.

Who are Israelites, whose are the adoption and the glory, and the covenants, and the Lawgiving, and the service, and the promises; whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to flesh, He being God over all, blessed forever. Amen. (Romans 9.4 – 5)

You remember this scripture, right pops...?

Even the majority of your VERY OWN sources are in agreement that Christ IS God in their clear renderings.

You feeling a 'senior moment' coming on...?:up:

keypurr

Who are Israelites, whose are the adoption and the glory, and the covenants, and the Lawgiving, and the service, and the promises; whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to flesh, He being God over all, blessed forever. Amen. (Romans 9.4 – 5)

You remember this scripture, right pops...?

Even the majority of your VERY OWN sources are in agreement that Christ IS God in their clear renderings.

You feeling a 'senior moment' coming on...?:up:

Oh you have limits on your thinking Apple7. Christ was made Lord by his God. There is only one true God, the Father. Christ is a created form of God for he is the express IMAGE of God.

You will never let yourself get out of your church box.

Apple7

Life is great!

Life is great!

Oh you have limits on your thinking Apple7. Christ was made Lord by his God. There is only one true God, the Father. Christ is a created form of God for he is the express IMAGE of God.

You will never let yourself get out of your church box.

That's right...ignore that verse, and your VERY OWN sources, like usual...

Eat some more crow on this one...

And we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given to us an understanding that we may know the true One, and we are in the true One, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and the life eternal. (1 John 5.20)

Ben Masada

Where is Jesus alive at? As the Jew that he was, he is still in the grave.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Unitarian simplicity.......

Unitarian simplicity.......

:nono:

G5547

Χριστός
Christós; fem. christé, neut. christón, adj. from chríō (G5548), to anoint. Anointed, a term used in the OT applied to everyone anointed with the holy oil, primarily to the high priesthood (Lev_4:5, Lev_4:16). Also a name applied to others acting as redeemers.

Luke 9:35 Then a voice came out of the cloud, saying, "This is My Son, My Chosen One; listen to Him!"

John 8:40 "But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do.

Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words: Jesus the Nazarene, a man attested to you by God with miracles and wonders and signs which God performed through Him in your midst, just as you yourselves know--

Luk 4:18 "THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME, BECAUSE HE ANOINTED ME TO PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE POOR. HE HAS SENT ME TO PROCLAIM RELEASE TO THE CAPTIVES, AND RECOVERY OF SIGHT TO THE BLIND,

Act 10:38 "You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.

GOD is not Christ, GOD choses His Christ by anointing Him! :readthis:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Of course God anointed a man, a personality, and that personality with the anointing of the Spirit upon him, is the Messiah (formally speaking from a Jewish Orthodox perspective). We can entertain a divine spirit-spark or light within man as the 'Christ' as well, metaphysically speaking, on a universal level, but in this case, and expressed above, the Messiah is a specific man anointed by God. The differences between 'Messiah' and 'God' are relatively distinct, of course, completely rational from a dualistic human perspective. There is no complication here, except from a Trinitarian point of view, which makes matters more 'com-plex' or 'con-founded'.

pj

keypurr

That's right...ignore that verse, and your VERY OWN sources, like usual...

Eat some more crow on this one...

And we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given to us an understanding that we may know the true One, and we are in the true One, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and the life eternal. (1 John 5.20)

You have a reading problem Apple. John speaks of God and his son. You fail to see the content of the verse you quote. In my opinion you need help with reading English.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
OMNIPRESENCE......

OMNIPRESENCE......

GOD IS CHRIST. Holy Spirit Is God.

As we shared before, 'only God is God' :) - as pure spirit-energy-consciousness.

In that case you can throw up any concept, image, form or 'thing', as say that 'it' or (he/she) is 'God', since its all made up of the energy, substance or 'mind-stuff' of 'God' anyways :)

'God' is All There Is.

Reality includes Consciousness and all its contents. This includes the concept of 'God' and 'Christ', and any other words referring to Deity.

In this broadened purely spiritual understanding then, sure...'Jesus is God',....but so is everyone/everything else, since nothing can exist outside of 'God'.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
And you can say that again and I will agree with you the second time around. The power of faith can create a whole religion our of "make-beliefs."

Yes,....'make-beliefs' make for creative religious expressions, adventures and past-times. All religion is 'mythology' of one form or another anyways, on various levels of translation.

pj