Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

You don't like Modalism?

Here are a couple of others labels for you to try on:

Patripassianism
Belief that the Father and Son are not two distinct persons, and thus God the Father suffered on the cross as Jesus.

Sabellianism
Belief that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three characterizations of one God, rather than three distinct "persons" in one God.

Why do you have two different labels that say the same thing? Maybe because you aren't truthful in trying to pin a label on me and so should not.

Let's discuss the Bible and not those other men.

I don't care to study those things, only the Bible.

Do you really think I am going to waste time studying those things?

Dartman

David was sitting on a throne over Israel. David was sitting on God's throne because God was the one over Israel. The Israelites wanted a man over them; and that is why they had Saul as their king and then David.
The throne David has was a throne over Israel.
Yep, and at the SAME TIME Jehovah/YHVH God was on HIS throne in heaven. Two thrones.

Ps 89:8-14 O Jehovah God of hosts, who is a mighty one, like unto thee, O Jehovah? And thy faithfulness is round about thee.
9 Thou rulest the pride of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them.
10 Thou hast broken Rahab in pieces, as one that is slain; Thou hast scattered thine enemies with the arm of thy strength.
11 The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine: the world and the fulness thereof, thou hast founded them.
12 The north and the south, thou hast created them: Tabor and Hermon rejoice in thy name.
13 Thou hast a mighty arm; strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand.
14 Righteousness and justice are the foundation of thy throne: lovingkindness and truth go before thy face.

Ps 93:1-2 Jehovah reigneth; He is clothed with majesty; Jehovah is clothed with strength; he hath girded himself therewith: the world also is established, that it cannot be moved. 2 Thy throne is established of old: Thou art from everlasting.

GT said:
Jesus is over Israel, and over the whole universe.
True. The ONLY exception to that statement is his God.
1 Cor 15:27-28 For He hath put all things under his feet. But when He saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that He is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto Him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

God's Truth

Yep, and at the SAME TIME Jehovah/YHVH God was on HIS throne in heaven. Two thrones.

Ps 89:8-14 O Jehovah God of hosts, who is a mighty one, like unto thee, O Jehovah? And thy faithfulness is round about thee.
9 Thou rulest the pride of the sea: when the waves thereof arise, thou stillest them.
10 Thou hast broken Rahab in pieces, as one that is slain; Thou hast scattered thine enemies with the arm of thy strength.
11 The heavens are thine, the earth also is thine: the world and the fulness thereof, thou hast founded them.
12 The north and the south, thou hast created them: Tabor and Hermon rejoice in thy name.
13 Thou hast a mighty arm; strong is thy hand, and high is thy right hand.
14 Righteousness and justice are the foundation of thy throne: lovingkindness and truth go before thy face.

Ps 93:1-2 Jehovah reigneth; He is clothed with majesty; Jehovah is clothed with strength; he hath girded himself therewith: the world also is established, that it cannot be moved. 2 Thy throne is established of old: Thou art from everlasting.

True. The ONLY exception to that statement is his God.
1 Cor 15:27-28 For He hath put all things under his feet. But when He saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that He is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto Him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

How do you think you have disproved anything that I said?

Jesus is RULING now, and that means over Israel and everyone and everything.

Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Philippians 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,

Ephesians 1:21
far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Hebrews 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
If God is having His Son Jesus rule under Him, and has put all of the kings of the earth under Jesus, how does that prevent God from being the ruler over the kings of the earth?

You're claiming that God the Father is "the ruler of the ruler of the kings of the earth", and John, in Revelation 1:5 NIV, is stating that Jesus is "THE ruler of the kings of the earth".

Whom would you say is THE ruler of the kings of the earth? Jesus or God the Father?

How many things would YOU call "THE ruler of the kings of the earth"?

Do you not know what a hierarchy is and need to look it up in a dictionary?

What (if anything) would you say is your point in saying this? I know what a hierarchy is. Do you?

Only an idiot, that doesn't know what a hierarchy is, could claim that THE ruler of the kings of the earth is below, or above, THE ruler of the kings of the earth.

Besides, it makes no sense to tell someone to "look up a hierarchy in a dictionary". Now, it would make sense, instead, to tell someone to look up the word, 'hierarchy', in a dictionary.

genuineoriginal

You're claiming that God the Father is "the ruler of the ruler of the kings of the earth", and John, in Revelation 1:5 NIV, is stating that Jesus is "THE ruler of the kings of the earth".

Whom would you say is THE ruler of the kings of the earth? Jesus or God the Father?
Pharaoh was ruler over all of Egypt when Pharaoh made Joseph the ruler over all of Egypt.
While Joseph was the ruler over all of Egypt, Pharaoh and Joseph were both THE ruler over all of Egypt.
Pharaoh was the ruler over Joseph and all of Egypt and Joseph was the ruler over all of Egypt.
Pharaoh never stopped being the ruler over all of Egypt.

Genesis 41:39-43
39 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:
40 Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.
41 And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.
42 And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;
43 And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.​

How many things would YOU call "THE ruler of the kings of the earth"?
God is currently the ruler of the kings of the earth.
At the sounding of the seventh trump, Jesus will be made the ruler of the kings of the earth, and God will be the ruler of Jesus and of the kings of the earth.
God will not stop being the ruler of the kings of the earth.

What (if anything) would you say is your point in saying this? I know what a hierarchy is.
You claim to know the word, but you don't seem to understand what it means.

Only an idiot, that doesn't know what a hierarchy is, could claim that THE ruler of the kings of the earth is below, or above, THE ruler of the kings of the earth.
That statement makes you THE idiot that doesn't know what a hierarchy is.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes, indeed, Jesus has a name above all names

Philippians 2:9

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

God gave him what?

a. a name above all names

b. the name above all names

The correct answer is B.

dda646cf7c0e6cbe08b6c80bc8768cb3.jpg

Quit jumping to such unscriptural conclusions, you make Christianity look stupid

You should take a leaf out of your own book.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The correct answer is B.

dda646cf7c0e6cbe08b6c80bc8768cb3.jpg

Quit jumping to such unscriptural conclusions, you make Christianity look stupid

You should take a leaf out of your own book.
Oh, and by the way, [MENTION=12603]oatmeal[/MENTION], it's "has given," not "gave."

In fact...

The word used for "granted" in the above image is this:

Morphology: V-AIM-3S

Part of Speech:
- V: Verb

Grammatical Categories:
- Tense A: Aorist
- Mood I: Indicative
- Voice M: Middle

- Person 3: 3rd Person
- Number S: Singular

7djengo7

At the sounding of the seventh trump, Jesus will be made the ruler of the kings of the earth, and God will be the ruler of Jesus and of the kings of the earth.

So, despite your Christ-hating blasphemy, you ARE saying that Jesus, AND God the Father, will both, simultaneously, be "THE ruler of the kings of the earth". AMEN! :)

genuineoriginal

Show me a passage of Scripture that calls God the Father "THE ruler of the kings of the earth".

Psalm 47:2,7-8 AMP
2 For the Lord Most High is to be feared [and worshiped with awe-inspired reverence and obedience]; He is a great King over all the earth.
7 For God is the King of all the earth; Sing praises in a skillful psalm and with understanding.
8 God reigns over the nations; God sits on His holy throne.​

Psalm 103:19
19 The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.​

Daniel 2:20-22
20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:
21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.​

Daniel 2:47
47 The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret.​

Daniel 5:21
21 And he was driven from the sons of men; and his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild *****: they fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven; till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that he appointeth over it whomsoever he will.​

genuineoriginal

Pharaoh was ruler over all of Egypt when Pharaoh made Joseph the ruler over all of Egypt.
While Joseph was the ruler over all of Egypt, Pharaoh and Joseph were both THE ruler over all of Egypt.
Pharaoh was the ruler over Joseph and all of Egypt and Joseph was the ruler over all of Egypt.
Pharaoh never stopped being the ruler over all of Egypt.
You just asserted that Pharaoh IS Joseph. :)
You just said that Joseph AND Pharaoh, were, simultaneously, "THE ruler over all of Egypt." If you do not mean that Joseph IS Pharaoh, then what (if anything) do you mean? :)
I meant what I said:
Pharaoh never stopped being the ruler over all of Egypt when Pharaoh made Joseph the ruler over all of Egypt with him.
Two people, Pharaoh and Joseph, that can both be called the ruler over all of Egypt.
So ... you ARE saying that Jesus, AND God the Father, will both, simultaneously, be "THE ruler of the kings of the earth". AMEN! :)
God will not stop being the ruler of the kings of the earth when God makes Jesus the ruler of the kings of the earth with Him.
Two beings, God and the Son of God, that can both be called the ruler of the kings of the earth.
despite your Christ-hating blasphemy
I do not hate Jesus Christ the Son of the Living God.
Saying that God sent His Son Jesus Christ into the world is not blasphemy.
Saying that the Trinity doctrine is never taught by the Bible is not blasphemy.

You are a liar just like your father.
Spoiler

John 8:44
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.​

7djengo7

Psalm 47:2,7-8 AMP
2 For the Lord Most High is to be feared [and worshiped with awe-inspired reverence and obedience]; He is a great King over all the earth.
7 For God is the King of all the earth; Sing praises in a skillful psalm and with understanding.
8 God reigns over the nations; God sits on His holy throne.​

Psalm 103:19
19 The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.​

Daniel 2:20-22
20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:
21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.​

Daniel 2:47
47 The king answered unto Daniel, and said, Of a truth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reveal this secret.​

Daniel 5:21
21 And he was driven from the sons of men; and his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wild *****: they fed him with grass like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven; till he knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdom of men, and that he appointeth over it whomsoever he will.​

Well, obviously none of THAT is what I requested of you. You're not a very careful reader, are you? No.

I didn't say:
  • Show me a passage of Scripture that calls God the Father "A great King over all the earth"
  • Show me a passage of Scripture that calls God the Father "THE King of all the earth"
  • Show me a passage of Scripture that calls God the Father "A God of gods"
  • Show me a passage of Scripture that calls God the Father "A Lord of kings"

Again, I say: Show me a passage of Scripture that calls God the Father "THE ruler of the kings of the earth".

Why can't you do this?

genuineoriginal

Well, obviously none of THAT is what I requested of you. You're not a very careful reader, are you? No.

I didn't say:
  • Show me a passage of Scripture that calls God the Father "A great King over all the earth"
  • Show me a passage of Scripture that calls God the Father "THE King of all the earth"
  • Show me a passage of Scripture that calls God the Father "A God of gods"
  • Show me a passage of Scripture that calls God the Father "A Lord of kings"

Again, I say: Show me a passage of Scripture that calls God the Father "THE ruler of the kings of the earth".

Why can't you do this?
You seem to be some special kind of idiot.
Please stop trying to prove that you can't understand anything you read.

7djengo7

I meant what I said:
Pharaoh never stopped being the ruler over all of Egypt when Pharaoh made Joseph the ruler over all of Egypt with him.

God will not stop being the ruler of the kings of the earth when God makes Jesus the ruler of the kings of the earth with Him.

Spoiler

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.​

Yeah, you're a Christ-hating liar, just like your father, the devil. And, clearly, you are saying that Joseph IS Pharaoh. So, obviously you're an irrationalist, also. To apply the phrase "THE ruler over all of Egypt" to two (or more) beings, simultaneously, is to speak irrationally.

If you want to say that, simultaneously, "Joseph is A ruler over all of Egypt" AND "Pharaoh is A ruler over all Egypt", no problem. But, that is NOT at all what you said, is it? No. It is not. :)

7djengo7

You seem to be some special kind of idiot.
Please stop trying to prove that you can't understand anything you read.

Oooooo. Please, don't call me an "idiot". That hurts my feelings. Boohoohooboohoohooboo. Sniffle.

Again, why can't you show me a passage of Scripture that calls God the Father "THE ruler of the kings of the earth"? :)

God's Truth

I meant what I said:
Two people, Pharaoh and Joseph, that can both be called the ruler over all of Egypt.

Two beings, God and the Son of God, that can both be called the ruler of the kings of the earth.

Spoiler

...but did Pharaoh sit Joseph ON the throne?

Jesus sits on God's throne.

Genesis 41:40 Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.