Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Nope, I won't need to say that.

Acts 7:55-56
55 But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.​

What are you planning to say when you see Jesus standing on the right hand of God?

So you believe when you are about to die you will be like Stephen seeing Jesus at the right hand of the Father?

genuineoriginal

You don't know that we are only to obey God?
Where did you get that idea?

The Bible says we are to obey the people God puts in authority over us.

Romans 13:1-2
1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.​

The Bible says children are to obey their parents.

Ephesians 6:1
1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.​

The Bible says servants are to obey their masters.

Colossians 3:22
22 Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God;​

The Bible says people are to obey magistrates.

Titus 3:1
1 Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,​

oatmeal

God the Father came as a man.

I gave scripture that says Jesus is set on the Father's throne. I gave many scriptures showing it is the throne of God and the Lamb.

We are seated with him.

That means he has the name 'God'.

You are doing that.

That is right , the throne of God AND the Lamb

Who are the TWO on that throne?

a. God and God

b. God and the Lamb

Why are there two listed?

a. because the third part of you God, the Holy Spirit is not good enough?

b. Because there are two separate entities involved, one being God and the other being the Lamb

There are two entities not one not three in one

Since your god is three in one, why isn't the Holy Spirit anywhere in sight of the throne?

His name is not "God" it is Joshua or in the Greek Jesus which means God is salvation or God is our savior

If you take his name to indicate that Jesus is God, then why don't you assume that Joshua of the OT is God also?

Why not? Because you are not consistent and prefer to privately interpret only the scriptures that you like

God's Truth

The Bible does not teach that God came to earth as His own Son.
The Bible teaches that God sent His only begotten Son to earth.

The Bible does not teach that God came to earth as a man.
The Bible teaches that the man Jesus is the Son of God, who God sent to earth.
The Bible does teach that God came to earth in the flesh as a man.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

I object to people changing what the Bible says (or ignoring what the Bible says) because of the non-Biblical doctrines of men that they have been taught to believe.
You are the one who does that.

Being the Son of God means that Jesus by nature is deity, but being the Son of God also means that Jesus is not the same being as God who is Jesus' Father.
Jesus is the WORD of God and is God.

I give many scriptures proving it.

There is a difference between saying "the Son of God is also a god" and saying "the Son of God is God".

There is a difference between saying that "God sent His only begotten Son" and saying that "God is His own Son".

You deny all the scriptures that show that Jesus is God.

genuineoriginal

So you believe when you are about to die you will be like Stephen seeing Jesus at the right hand of the Father?
Whether I see Jesus after I die or before, I will see Jesus standing or sitting at the right side of God.

Matthew 26:64
64 Jesus saith unto him, [JESUS]Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.[/JESUS]​

genuineoriginal

The Bible does teach that God came to earth in the flesh as a man.
No, the Bible teaches that God sent His Son.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The Greek says God was the Word, not the word was God.
You deny all the scriptures that show that Jesus is God.
Are you trying to make God a liar?

1 John 5:10
10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.​

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
God is not a man who lies. That is what the scripture says. Jesus is God come as a man and never lied as all humans have at one time or another.

What is your opinion regarding that three of the gospel writers clearly tell us that Jesus died on Passover?
The Gospel of John tells us Jesus died a full 24 hours BEFORE Passover on the Day of Preparation.

And Noah, who in Genesis is said to have put animals into the Ark in pairs--male and female.
But in a subsequent chapter Noah supposedly put seven of each animal at a time...

Jesus said to his followers that “No sign will be given” but in one of the gospels he said a sign will be given.

Evidence of differing and sometimes opposite traditions are found all through the Bible. Unfortunately, when believers actually confront such facts and evidence in the text, they seem to be consumed by fear that this means their faith is in vain.

In the earliest gospel, Mark, Jesus is pronounced the Son of God at his baptism [You are my Son....”].
Matthew informs us that Jesus was said sto be the Son of God according to the Roman centurion.

God's Truth

That is right , the throne of God AND the Lamb

Who are the TWO on that throne?

a. God and God

b. God and the Lamb

Why are there two listed?

a. because the third part of you God, the Holy Spirit is not good enough?

b. Because there are two separate entities involved, one being God and the other being the Lamb

There are two entities not one not three in one

Since your god is three in one, why isn't the Holy Spirit anywhere in sight of the throne?

The Holy Spirit IS the Spirit of God. Jesus is the Spirit. There are three and the three are one and the same.

His name is not "God" it is Joshua or in the Greek Jesus which means God is salvation or God is our savior

If you take his name to indicate that Jesus is God, then why don't you assume that Joshua of the OT is God also?

Why not? Because you are not consistent and prefer to privately interpret only the scriptures that you like

The Old Testament is full of prophecies about what was coming, about who was coming.

genuineoriginal

And Noah, who in Genesis is said to have put animals into the Ark in pairs--male and female.
But in a subsequent chapter Noah supposedly put seven of each animal at a time...
Seven pairs of clean animals went into the ark, not seven individuals of each clean animal.

God's Truth

What is your opinion regarding that three of the gospel writers clearly tell us that Jesus died on Passover?
The Gospel of John tells us Jesus died a full 24 hours BEFORE Passover on the Day of Preparation.

Jesus is the Passover Lamb, whether or not it was on the exact day.
It is about clean and unclean animals, and it is two of the unclean.
Jesus said to his followers that “No sign will be given” but in one of the gospels he said a sign will be given.
The sign of Jonah was given. That's the sign Jesus said would be given.
Evidence of differing and sometimes opposite traditions are found all through the Bible.
That is not true.
Unfortunately, when believers actually confront such facts and evidence in the text, they seem to be consumed by fear that this means their faith is in vain.

In the earliest gospel, Mark, Jesus is pronounced the Son of God at his baptism [You are my Son....”].
Matthew informs us that Jesus was said sto be the Son of God according to the Roman centurion.

The centurion was speaking of what he heard. How do you ever get it is a contradiction?

genuineoriginal

God's Truth

You believe that there are three and the three are one and the same.
How is that different from being a trinitarian?

Trinitarians say there are three and that the three are separate and different.

I believe there are three and that the three are one and the same.

God the Father came to us as a son of man, and the Holy Spirit is God too.

genuineoriginal

Trinitarians say there are three and that the three are separate and different.

I believe there are three and that the three are one and the same.

God the Father came to us as a son of man, and the Holy Spirit is God too.

modalism
THEOLOGY: the doctrine that the persons of the Trinity represent only three modes or aspects of the divine revelation, not distinct and coexisting persons in the divine nature.

God's Truth

modalism
THEOLOGY: the doctrine that the persons of the Trinity represent only three modes or aspects of the divine revelation, not distinct and coexisting persons in the divine nature.

From what I have heard about modalism is that they do not exist at the same time. I do not believe like that.

As for you trying to pin a label on me, it doesn't change the truth that there are three and that the three are one and the same.

Did some trinitarian teach you about modalism and call it heretical?

genuineoriginal

From what I have heard about modalism is that they do not exist at the same time. I do not believe like that.

As for you trying to pin a label on me, it doesn't change the truth that there are three and that the three are one and the same.
You don't like Modalism?

Here are a couple of others labels for you to try on:

Patripassianism
Belief that the Father and Son are not two distinct persons, and thus God the Father suffered on the cross as Jesus.

Sabellianism
Belief that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are three characterizations of one God, rather than three distinct "persons" in one God.

Status
Not open for further replies.