Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I meant what I said:
Pharaoh was the ruler over Joseph and all of Egypt and Joseph was the ruler over all of Egypt.
Pharaoh never stopped being the ruler over all of Egypt when Pharaoh made Joseph the ruler over all of Egypt with him.
Two people, Pharaoh and Joseph, that can both be called the ruler over all of Egypt.

Here's the problem with that.

Joseph wasn't the ruler over all of Egypt.

So the advice was good in the eyes of Pharaoh and in the eyes of all his servants.And Pharaoh said to his servants, “Can we find such a one as this, a man in whom is the Spirit of God?”Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Inasmuch as God has shown you all this, there is no one as discerning and wise as you.You shall be over my house, and all my people shall be ruled according to your word; only in regard to the throne will I be greater than you.”And Pharaoh said to Joseph, “See, I have set you over all the land of Egypt.”Then Pharaoh took his signet ring off his hand and put it on Joseph’s hand; and he clothed him in garments of fine linen and put a gold chain around his neck.And he had him ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried out before him, “Bow the knee!” So he set him over all the land of Egypt.Pharaoh also said to Joseph, “I am Pharaoh, and without your consent no man may lift his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.”And Pharaoh called Joseph’s name Zaphnath-Paaneah. And he gave him as a wife Asenath, the daughter of Poti-Pherah priest of On. So Joseph went out over all the land of Egypt. - Genesis 41:37-45 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis41:37-45&version=NKJV

Pharaoh, who was a part of Egypt, was still over Joseph, which means that Joseph COULD NOT BE over ALL of Egypt, because if he were, he would also be over Pharaoh, which he was not.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Here's the problem with that.

Joseph wasn't the ruler over all of Egypt.

So the advice was good in the eyes of Pharaoh and in the eyes of all his servants.And Pharaoh said to his servants, “Can we find such a one as this, a man in whom is the Spirit of God?”Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, “Inasmuch as God has shown you all this, there is no one as discerning and wise as you.You shall be over my house, and all my people shall be ruled according to your word; only in regard to the throne will I be greater than you.”And Pharaoh said to Joseph, “See, I have set you over all the land of Egypt.”Then Pharaoh took his signet ring off his hand and put it on Joseph’s hand; and he clothed him in garments of fine linen and put a gold chain around his neck.And he had him ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried out before him, “Bow the knee!” So he set him over all the land of Egypt.Pharaoh also said to Joseph, “I am Pharaoh, and without your consent no man may lift his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.”And Pharaoh called Joseph’s name Zaphnath-Paaneah. And he gave him as a wife Asenath, the daughter of Poti-Pherah priest of On. So Joseph went out over all the land of Egypt. - Genesis 41:37-45 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis41:37-45&version=NKJV

Pharaoh, who was a part of Egypt, was still over Joseph, which means that Joseph COULD NOT BE over ALL of Egypt, because if he were, he would also be over Pharaoh, which he was not.

Superb, JR!

Dartman

How do you think you have disproved anything that I said?
By quoting the Scripture .... THAT'S how.

GT said:
Jesus is RULING now, and that means over Israel and everyone and everything.
1) Jesus is NOT literally ruling as King of the planet YET. That will be established at his 2nd coming.
2) There is one exception. Jehovah/YHVH Christ's God, is "the head of Christ".

GT said:
Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.
True, but, there is one exception. Jehovah/YHVH Christ's God, is "the head of Christ".
GT said:
Philippians 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
Ephesians 1:21
far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Hebrews 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
1) God exalted Jesus .... exalted ....

NT:5251 huperupsoo (hoop-er-oop-so'-o); from NT:5228 and NT:5312; to elevate above others, i.e. raise to the highest position: KJV - highly exalt.

Jesus was created LOWER than the angels .... and then exalted above EVERYONE ...... except God Himself;

You believe "Jesus" is a higher name than YHVH? Is the son higher than his God?

Of course not. "Jesus" is a higher name than any OTHER MAN, or angel.

Dartman

You are confused. Joseph was over ALL of Egypt, except for Pharaoh.
See, I have set you over all the land of Egypt.”

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
A strange statement. The Bible records both sets. They are similar

How about “Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother’s milk.”

Or

“Thou shalt set up these stones, which I command you today, on Mount Gerizim.”

Or this:

“Thou shalt not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or
that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water.”

There are three versions of the commandments in the Bible, and they are all different.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
"You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father...."

--John 8:44

John’s Gospel was written last of all, during a time when the Jesus people were being kicked out of the synagogues. The followers of Jesus were angry.

So of course John put vitriolic anti-Semitic speech into Jesus’ mouth !!!
YOU BETCHA LIFE !!!

It was something like “Hey you Jews! Our Jesus says you are of the Devil and here’s the proof!”
Something like “Jesus hates gays and here’s the proof--so there!”
Or “Jesus loves war and violence so we are justified in attacking and destroying you!"

God's Truth

Jesus came in the flesh as a man, a servant, a son.
True, but, there is one exception. Jehovah/YHVH Christ's God, is "the head of Christ".

But you just said: “Jesus is NOT literally ruling as King of the planet YET. That will be established at his 2nd coming.”

1) God exalted Jesus .... exalted ....

NT:5251 huperupsoo (hoop-er-oop-so'-o); from NT:5228 and NT:5312; to elevate above others, i.e. raise to the highest position: KJV - highly exalt.

Jesus was created LOWER than the angels .... and then exalted above EVERYONE ...... except God Himself;
Jesus lowered himself when he came as a man.
God exalted Jesus because of what Jesus did.
That is ignorant talk. I have already explained it to you to stop saying that.
Of course not. "Jesus" is a higher name than any OTHER MAN, or angel.
Jesus was raised TO WHERE GOD THE FATHER is.

TrevorL

Greetings again God's Truth,
I'm not a trinitarian, but I agree that Jesus is God.
How do you miss the 'I Am' scriptures?
I have not missed the “I Am” passages but suggest that these should be translated “I am he” as per John 8:24, 28 and the same words are used by the blind man John 9:9, showing that the awkwardness of a literal translation into English is simply part of the Greek language. The “I am” passages are part of a theme in John’s Gospel as to whether Jesus is the Christ, and the theme starts with John the Baptist’s denial in John 1:20, Jesus’ affirmation in John 4:25-26 and john summarises this theme that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God in John 20:30-31.

Kind regards
Trevor

God's Truth

Greetings again God's Truth, I have not missed the “I Am” passages but suggest that these should be translated “I am he” as per John 8:24, 28 and the same words are used by the blind man John 9:9, showing that the awkwardness of a literal translation into English is simply part of the Greek language. The “I am” passages are part of a theme in John’s Gospel as to whether Jesus is the Christ, and the theme starts with John the Baptist’s denial in John 1:20, Jesus’ affirmation in John 4:25-26 and john summarises this theme that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God in John 20:30-31.
You have tried to write off the truth before by saying that, but you cannot get around the fact that Jesus says that before Abraham was I AM.

This is what God says in the Old Testament about Himself:

Isaiah 48:12 "Listen to me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

Isaiah 41:4 Who has performed this and carried it out, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the LORD--the first and the last--I am He."

God, in the Old Testament says 'I am he', and in the same scriptures he says he is the 'first and the last'.

Now read what is said about Jesus in Revelation:

Revelation 22:12 “Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Jesus is the I am and the First and the Last.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You are confused. Joseph was over ALL of Egypt, except for Pharaoh.
See, I have set you over all the land of Egypt.”
That's what I said, you nincompoop.

I was correcting GO because He was making Joseph out to be over all of Egypt INCLUDING or EQUAL TO Pharaoh. But Joseph was not greater than or equal to Pharaoh.

glorydaz

"You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father...."

--John 8:44

John’s Gospel was written last of all, during a time when the Jesus people were being kicked out of the synagogues. The followers of Jesus were angry.

So of course John put vitriolic anti-Semitic speech into Jesus’ mouth !!!
YOU BETCHA LIFE !!!

It was something like “Hey you Jews! Our Jesus says you are of the Devil and here’s the proof!”
Something like “Jesus hates gays and here’s the proof--so there!”
Or “Jesus loves war and violence so we are justified in attacking and destroying you!"

Are you accusing John of being vitriolic and making up words? If not, you'd best clarify what you mean here.

Dartman

Jesus is ruling now and UNTIL all enemies are under his feet.
1 Corinthians 15:25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
No, Jesus is not ruling over the earth yet.
When that happens, NO ONE will miss it!
Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Rev 2:26-27 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Ps 2:7-12 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

But after his 2nd coming, he WILL reign, until God has put all Christ's enemies under Christ's feet.

glorydaz

Greetings again God's Truth, I have not missed the “I Am” passages but suggest that these should be translated “I am he” as per John 8:24, 28 and the same words are used by the blind man John 9:9, showing that the awkwardness of a literal translation into English is simply part of the Greek language. The “I am” passages are part of a theme in John’s Gospel as to whether Jesus is the Christ, and the theme starts with John the Baptist’s denial in John 1:20, Jesus’ affirmation in John 4:25-26 and john summarises this theme that Jesus is the Christ the Son of God in John 20:30-31.

Kind regards
Trevor

You're certainly working hard to deny Jesus Christ is Lord and God. The Jews understood exactly what He was saying.

God's Truth

No, Jesus is not ruling over the earth yet.
So you don't want to believe the many scriptures I gave that says Jesus is ruling now?

When that happens, NO ONE will miss it!
Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Rev 11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Rev 2:26-27 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: 27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

Ps 2:7-12 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

None of those scriptures say that Jesus is not reigning now.

The scriptures say he is reigning now:

1 Corinthians 1:25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.

But after his 2nd coming, he WILL reign, until God has put all Christ's enemies under Christ's feet.

When Jesus comes again, he is going to raise the dead and throw Satan and his angels in the lake of fire, and death and Hades in the lake of fire, too. THEN all enemies will be put under Jesus' feet.

Dartman

D said:
Jesus came in the flesh as a man, a servant, a son.
Yep, and he still is a man, and a servant with God as his head, and a son.
GT said:
But you just said: “Jesus is NOT literally ruling as King of the planet YET. That will be established at his 2nd coming.”
1) You are correct Jesus is NOT literally ruling as King of the planet YET.
2) WHAT "will be established at his 2nd coming"???
His Kingdom will be.... but what are YOU talking about??
GT said:
Jesus lowered himself when he came as a man.
No, Jesus was "made of a woman".
Jesus came into literal existence as a flesh and blood baby boy.
He was MADE, created, constructed, generated, born.
Jehovah/YHVH God caused Mary to conceive by God's power.
Jesus "came forth " unto God and men in Bethlehem .... EXACTLY like Jehovah/YHVH had foretold.
Jesus submitted himself to his God, and took on the "mind" of a servant, AFTER his God had given him all power and all authority
GT said:
God exalted Jesus because of what Jesus did.
True!

GT said:
D said:
]That is ignorant talk. I have already explained it to you to stop saying that.
Hmmm ... somehow I think you are confusing me with someone else you explained this to. Please explain whether "higher than every name" includes Jehovah/YHVH God.
And, please explain WHICH name is "higher than every name".

GT said:
Jesus was raised TO WHERE GOD THE FATHER is.
Yes he was! And, when God the Father is ready, HE will send Jesus BACK to the earth, to conquer the planet, and rule it.

Status
Not open for further replies.