James 1:1 refutes MAD

heir

TOL Subscriber
One can only be saved through faith in Christ who needs reveal Himself to you personally as He did to Paul and all of the Apostles.
God is not going to appear to you, me or anyone else as He did Paul. Paul is the Lord's chosen vessel to us (Act 22:17-21 KJV) given the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) and dispensation of the grace of God to usward (Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV). It is BY THE GOSPEL that we are made fellowheirs and of the same Body (beginning with Paul 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV) and partakers of God's promise in Christ (Ephesians 3:6 KJV) and that gospel is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. Trust the Lord believing it and be saved now!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God is not going to appear to you, me or anyone else as He did Paul. Paul is the Lord's chosen vessel to us (Act 22:17-21 KJV) given the gospel (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Galatians 1:11-12 KJV) and dispensation of the grace of God to usward (Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV). It is BY THE GOSPEL that we are made fellowheirs and of the same Body (beginning with Paul 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV) and partakers of God's promise in Christ (Ephesians 3:6 KJV) and that gospel is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV. Trust the Lord believing it and be saved now!

Thinking you are saved by believing an historical event will not save you.

Salvation is only found in knowing Jesus Christ personally one on one as both Peter and Paul did.

LA

meshak

BANNED
Banned
You'd have no objective knowledge of Christ,

This is the most "saved churches" position, john w.

Basically, you and Epoesses are in the same position.

Both of you fight over doctrins without showing any fruit of Spirit.

Arrogance is enemy of Jesus.

musterion

This is the most "saved churches" position, john w.

Go back to your unsaved church of JWs, then.

Basically, you and Epoesses are in the same position.

JohnW believes the saving Gospel. Eppie does not. Neither do you. You and Eppie are in the same position - hanging over the Lake of Fire by a thread, by your own choice.

Both of you fight over doctrins without showing any fruit of Spirit.

Where's yours?

Arrogance is enemy of Jesus.

That's an arrogant thing to say.

musterion

Thinking you are saved by believing an historical event will not save you.

Heir agrees with Paul, who reminded the Corinthians that it was their faith in that historical event that had been the means by which they were saved.

You're not disagreeing with Heir on this, what you're saying is that Paul was wrong. Why do you call Paul a liar?

Salvation is only found in knowing Jesus Christ personally one on one as both Peter and Paul did.

How does one "know Him personally"? Only by believing the saving Gospel as found in 1 Cor 15:3-4. If you don't believe the historical fact that Christ died for your sins and rose again for your justification, you're lost. Evidently you don't believe it so evidently you're lost.

lifeisgood

Well stated, LIG, and I concur. However, this is not a doctrinal matter that should divide respective members of the boc, and "celebrating" the Lord's supper, does not, de facto, argue that the New Covenant provisions are promised to members of the boc.

Agree completely.

lifeisgood

Paul is rebuking the Corinthians.

As this is not a salvific issue for me, neither a divisive issue, I'll keep on believing the way I do and will read what you wrote slowly. Thank you always.

Spoiler

1 Corinthians 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.
1 Corinthians 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
No "might be also heresies among you", there "MUST be..."
1 Corinthians 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.
When they came together it was not to eat the Lord's supper. It is possible though, that this is what they were calling it.
1 Corinthians 11:20 When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
1 Corinthians 11:21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.

Here they were eating and drinking in front of the church of God who had nothing (those in the church of God had sold out)! Paul was rebuking them.
1 Corinthians 11:22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
Paul is going to be recalling the same night in which the Lord was betrayed.
1 Corinthians 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

Paul is still speaking of that night which the Lord was betrayed. He is NOT instructing the Corinthians to partake of the Lord's supper in remembrance of Him.

1 Corinthians 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1 Corinthians 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Again, Paul is talking of the night the Lord was betrayed. He is not instructing the Corinthians to do it "til He come".

1 Corinthians 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Here's where you are going to have BIG problems if you are saying the Lord's supper is to the church, the Body of Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

So if we eat this bread and drink this cup of the Lord UNWORTHILY we are guilty of the body and blood of the Lord? How could a member of the Body of Christ be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord???!!!IMPOSSIBLE!

1 Corinthians 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

Here again, another BIG problem for those who would say the Lord's supper is TO the Body of Christ.

1 Corinthians 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

If I, a member of the Body of Christ eateth and drinketh unworthily I eateth and drinketh damnation to myself not discerning the Lord's body???!!!IMPOSSIBLE!

1 Corinthians 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
1 Corinthians 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
1 Corinthians 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

Condemned with the world? Impossible (Romans 8:1 KJV)!

When reading of the same night in which the Lord was betrayed, who was the only one that ate of the bread, drank of the cup, was guilty of the body and blood of the Lord? Who is the one that ate and drank unworthily, ate and drank damnation unto himself, not discerning the Lord's body? There's only one...Judas Iscariot! It's not to us.[/QUOTE]

john w

Hall of Fame
Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
Joh 10:6 This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
Her MO-"respond" to a post/argument with spamming any verse. Monkeys, and wolves, such as yourself, are quite impressive.

Try this: Genesis-Revelation.

So there. You taught us that, Christ rejector-we learned that from you.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Heir agrees with Paul, who reminded the Corinthians that it was their faith in that historical event that had been the means by which they were saved.

You're not disagreeing with Heir on this, what you're saying is that Paul was wrong. Why do you call Paul a liar?

How does one "know Him personally"? Only by believing the saving Gospel as found in 1 Cor 15:3-4. If you don't believe the historical fact that Christ died for your sins and rose again for your justification, you're lost. Evidently you don't believe it so evidently you're lost.

You expound your Roman Catholic position well. you are not born again, the necessity to enter the Kingdom of God.

You seem so ignorant of what knowing Christ, and Christ knowing you really is.--

Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

LA

musterion

You expound your Roman Catholic position well. you are not born again

I'm going to disappoint you now.

True, I'm not born again.

What I am is far better: I'm a forgiven, justified, co-crucified, co-raised to new life member of Christ's Body who, in Him, have already been transferred into the Kingdom (Col 1:13).

You seem so ignorant of what knowing Christ, and Christ knowing you really is.--

Mat 25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Mat 25:12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

LA

The ignorance is yours: you're trying to know Him after the flesh. You can't. (2 Cor 5:16).

Danoh

LOST!! All non-dispensational Christians accept the new covenant from Protestant to Catholic to Orthodox.

You belong to a cult severed from Christ by your false prophet John Darby.

Thank you for keeping Darby's name out there - in fact, please feel free to deride that brother by name, in every one your posts.

The more astute will look for themselves beyond your ignorance, into what the man himself had actually asserted about one thing or another.

That's right, thank you for your posts.

For where your nonsense is concerned...

Philippians 1:18 What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Rom. 14:5; 5:6-8 towards ya.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm going to disappoint you now.

True, I'm not born again.

What I am is far better: I'm a forgiven, justified, co-crucified, co-raised to new life member of Christ's Body who, in Him, have already been transferred into the Kingdom (Col 1:13).

One must be born again to see or enter the Kingdom of God--

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

The ignorance is yours: you're trying to know Him after the flesh. You can't. (2 Cor 5:16).

No, we who know Christ, are joined to Him through His resurrection and His giving us of His Spirit, which makes us born again.

Whereas you claim to be part of His leg or something, the real truth is that His Body refers to His Bride who you MADists despise.

Eph 5:23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

LA

Epoisses

Nope. No gospel of Christ as the only means to save them and no baptism by one Spirit into the one Body of Christ. Duh!

There is only one gospel not 10 or 12 or however many you invent.

Peter, James and John all preached grace, it wasn't just Paul.

And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. Acts. 15:7-11

Peter preached the gospel of faith and grace that was the same for Jew and Gentile!

Epoisses

Most Protestant, Catholic and Orthodox are lost believers. They belong to a religious, denominational system courtesy the mystery of iniquity that doth already work with these behind pulpits: 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 KJV. They've never had a moment when they've trusted the Lord believing the gospel of Christ as the power of God to save them. How about you? Are you also a lost believer? When did you trust the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV as the means to save you?

You're the only one who rejects the new covenant and the Lord's supper so you're a lost unbeliever.

Epoisses

I'm saved by the gospel of the grace of God declared in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV according to God's great love, grace and mercy (Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV, Titus 3:4-7 KJV) and all scripture throughly furnishes me (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV).

The gospel of grace is part of the new covenant!

But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they. Acts 15:11

Peter was a Jew under the new covenant and part of the first Lord's supper and he preached grace!