Jadespring and 's/he-is-all-in-all'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadespring

Nineveh said:
For your convenience, Freak:

Before everyone freaks out again. The part about "the fall" was worded badly and I made a mistake in trying to convey what I meant. Stating that "we did not fall" was a poor choice of words, not what it sounds and which I wish that I could go back and correct because the fallout (as you can see ;) is really annoying.

Anything to bash Jade? Huh Nin? ;)

Balder

Nineveh said:
And what makes you think the opposite?

Surely in all the open mindedness going around there is room for a God to be as He declares Himself to be just as He had it recorded. Anyway, this thread isn't about you and what you take issue with, it's about jade's s/he-is-all-in-all god in comparison with the Biblical God you don't seem to care for. Is there something you would like to add to the topic of jade's s/he-is-all-in-all god?
Bad habit lately of joining a scrap when one is brewing. If you have a beef with Jadespring, that's your issue. Nothing more to add. :thumb:

Freak

Nineveh said:
Christ is "S/he", Freak? OP= opening post, post one of this thread.
I think the point she was making was this--God's essential nature is genderless. She should have clarified but the point was obvious.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Jadespring said:
Because I discern the meaning of what God was trying to tell us as more then what it appears to be.

Even if that means going directly against what He clearly states? In doing this you sully God's "reputation" in favor of your own theology.

I don't assume that the literal words on the page always convey the same meaning as they would have thousands of years ago because our world views are very different.

Hebrew is not a dead language.

I also don't assume that everything in the Bible was written as historical fact as many text of this nature are diactic in intent. Then as now they were meant to teach "truth" in terms of wisdom teaching and stories (some metaphor, some purposely metaphorised and yes some historic) and were never meant to be taken in such a literal fashion.

It doesn't appear you take the literal in a literal fashion. You have so disparaged "literalism" that it has become a stranger to you.

This in no way says that the Bible is not holy or that it is not God breathed or inspired.
It most definately is.
I also don't assume that when I read something that my understanding is right and only go and listen to people that agree with me.
I have spent years studying, discussing and reading similar and opposing viewpoints on many different issues. Over those years many have my understanding have indeed changed because of this and some have not. I constantly challenge and contemplate what otehr people have to say and am open to the possibility of correction.
However this does not mean, that as is happening here, that when I don't agree with what you are saying that it is because I don't want to or are ignoring it, or simply am not open to change. It mean simply that I don't agree and you're arguments are not cutting it.
after contemplating them
I also have a living, breathing relationship with God, that is present today in my life. And my witness of this relationship and what has been revealed and understood through it plays heavily in how I read and understand the words on those pages.
There is absoutely no way that I can discount this. It would be tantamount to discounting God and his presence. Believe me when I say that I have tried too and in doing so led to much strife and struggle until I accepted that this was just the way it was going to be.

I'm sure you have found your comfort in those you decide to agree with. But God doesn't have to agree with you or them. It's not God trying to subtly tell us that He really means the opposite of what he says, that's all you.

So there you go. Long detailed answer to you're question.

So perhaps I'll try one in return?

Why do you take it at face value and take everything that's on the page in a literal fashion?

I take that which is meant literally in a literal manner. We already went over this on another thread. I don't find need to "interpret" the parts that don't agree with fem-homo theology in an "esoteric spiritiualized" way.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Freak said:
I think the point she was making was this--God's essential nature is genderless. She should have clarified but the point was obvious.

I recall you getting on Goose for calling God female, has your standard changed? Do you now believe God is "S/he-is-all-in-all" like wickwoman and jade?

Free-Agent Smith

Jadespring said:
Welcome to the reality of Hebrew and language translation.

Why do you keep thinking that gender neutral means transgendered?
I haven't seen one verse in Scripture, yet, that implies God is anything but male. Attributes or characteristics doesn't make Him anything less than Him.

Jadespring

Nineveh said:
Christ is "S/he", Freak? OP= opening post, post one of this thread.

Could you twist the meaning anymore? ;)

What is my theology behind Jesus being God? God is everything. He/She is all

translation:

Christ is God.

He/she=gender neutral pronoun usuage not transgendered.

All -bit of a hard time in explaining this concept cause somehow it gets equated with rock worship and child molesters.
All- Let's make another stab at it---Everything is not God(materially), yet everything is created by God. Everything has been touched by the hand and breath of God. God breathed....essence. Evil/sin is seperation from the knowledge that essence so thus is a state of being not a thing that God created.

Freak

Nineveh said:
And a whole lot more. Have your read the opening post yet?
Yes. I think Jade is having a hard time conveying difficult concepts. So, let's start with the basics...

Jade, for the sake of clarification...

Do you believe Jesus Christ, as revealed in the New Testament, is God in the flesh, in that the "fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form"?

Do you believe God is seperate of His creation, in that He is not (nor in) a rock, a tree, a spider, etc?

Freak

Nineveh said:
I recall you getting on Goose for calling God female, has your standard changed?
God should be called He as revealed in Holy Scripture.

Do you now believe God is "S/he-is-all-in-all" like wickwoman and jade?
I believe God is genderless in that His essential nature is neither male nor female.

Freak

Jadespring said:
Christ is God.

All -bit of a hard time in explaining this concept cause somehow it gets equated with rock worship and child molesters.
All- Let's make another stab at it---Everything is not God(materially), yet everything is created by God. Everything has been touched by the hand and breath of God. God breathed....essence. Evil/sin is seperation from the knowledge that essence so thus is a state of being not a thing that God created.
N, please read above.

Freak

Free-Agent Smith said:
I haven't seen one verse in Scripture, yet, that implies God is anything but male.
Actually God isn't male. He is spirit. Mormons believe God is male.

Jadespring

Free-Agent Smith said:
I haven't seen one verse in Scripture, yet, that implies God is anything but male. Attributes or characteristics doesn't make Him anything less than Him.

YOu would if you read and understood the orginal languages that scripture was written in.

English is not the original and language concepts don't alway translate evenly or rightly back and forth. It's tricky.

I have absolutely no problem if people want to call him, him or male. Whatever floats your boat personally.

However it is not in anyway wrong, or unbiblical to refer to YHWH in a gender neutral form and neither is it a damnable offence if someone does.

Jadespring

Freak said:
Yes. I think Jade is having a hard time conveying difficult concepts. So, let's start with the basics...

Jade, for the sake of clarification...

Do you believe Jesus Christ, as revealed in the New Testament, is God in the flesh, in that the "fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form"?

Do you believe God is seperate of His creation, in that He is not (nor in) a rock, a tree, a spider, etc?

Yes

and

Yes, in that most basic sense.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Jadespring said:
Could you twist the meaning anymore? ;)

What is my theology behind Jesus being God? God is everything. He/She is all

translation:

Christ is God.

Is Christ male?

All- Let's make another stab at it---Everything is not God(materially), yet everything is created by God. Everything has been touched by the hand and breath of God. God breathed....essence.

If everything is not God how is God "is all"? As I asked you before, your definition of "is-all-in-all" only means "the good stuff"?

Evil/sin is seperation from the knowledge that essence so thus is a state of being not a thing that God created.

Could you please restate that?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
A whole new Gospel:

We never fell. We only think that we did and created a whole story to do with that idea. It was our mistake. We have always been holy . We never 'fell' so to speak. We only think we did. Jesus came to liberate us from a 'guilt' and a primitive way of thinking that should have never happened.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Freak said:
Nineveh, please see Jade's confession. I think you owe her an apology.

Freak, if you don't mind, I'll reserve my apology until I get a better understanding of what jade means by "'literal' way you do."

"Christ is Divine, of the Divine, from the Divine and yes I think he is God though I don't think it's in quite the same 'literal' way that you do."

Free-Agent Smith

Jadespring said:
YOu would if you read and understood the orginal languages that scripture was written in.

English is not the original and language concepts don't alway translate evenly or rightly back and forth. It's tricky.

I have absolutely no problem if people want to call him, him or male. Whatever floats your boat personally.

However it is not in anyway wrong, or unbiblical to refer to YHWH in a gender neutral form and neither is it a damnable offence if someone does.
I keep reading the Hebrew version and still can't see why you think God should for any reason be refered to in any form as feminine. Maybe you should read their version.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Free-Agent Smith said:
I keep reading the Hebrew version and still can't see why you think God should for any reason be refered to in any form as feminine. Maybe you should read their version.

Jade isn't saying God is female, so ignore all the posts where she is defending that idea (along with dave miller) in this thread. She really meant God has no gender.

Status
Not open for further replies.