It's Not for Today or It is For Today

Robert Pate

Banned
I have come to this conclusion about "It's Not for Today or It is For Today"

It is like the 12 spies of Israel, 10 were naysayers, 2 were we can do it men, of course we know the two were Joshua and Caleb.

You keep saying it is not for us or yourself and you'll never know the fullness and a real joy of the Lord. It is like Job, the thing he feared overtook him and Job admits that that is the truth.

With the thing(s) that are not for today and are not agreed with, why not cut it out of your Bible and you'll not be troubled with it.

You have associated "The fullness and real joy of the Lord" with having some sort of mystical, fleshy, religious experience.

Pentecostalism is a very subjective religion. I know because I have been there. Lets face it, It is all about YOU.

Whereas the Gospel is all about Jesus Christ, His experience, His doing, His dying, His resurrection, His position at the right hand of God, His victory over sin, death and the devil.

Christianity is about Jesus Christ. You take away from Christ and make yourself the focal point. When you should be preaching Christ you are preaching yourself.

God's Truth

I have come to this conclusion about "It's Not for Today or It is For Today"

It is like the 12 spies of Israel, 10 were naysayers, 2 were we can do it men, of course we know the two were Joshua and Caleb.

You keep saying it is not for us or yourself and you'll never know the fullness and a real joy of the Lord. It is like Job, the thing he feared overtook him and Job admits that that is the truth.

With the thing(s) that are not for today and are not agreed with, why not cut it out of your Bible and you'll not be troubled with it.

It is pathetic that many people believe their gibberish is a supernatural language that keeps them close to God. Only obeying God's Truth can keep us close to God.

God's Truth

You have associated "The fullness and real joy of the Lord" with having some sort of mystical, fleshy, religious experience.

Pentecostalism is a very subjective religion. I know because I have been there. Lets face it, It is all about YOU.

Whereas the Gospel is all about Jesus Christ, His experience, His doing, His dying, His resurrection, His position at the right hand of God, His victory over sin, death and the devil.

Christianity is about Jesus Christ. You take away from Christ and make yourself the focal point. When you should be preaching Christ you are preaching yourself.

Your shaming is evidence that you do not obey Jesus.

It is astonishing how those who do not obey Jesus can act as if it is admirable.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Tell you what Robert Pate, you show me where it was all about me and I'll confess it repent of it, and leave TOL. How does that sound.​

I know what the gospel is, "Go therefore..."

G/T...R/P doesn't even know how to shame properly according to the Scriptures.

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Tell you what Robert Pate, you show me where it was all about me and I'll confess it repent of it, and leave TOL. How does that sound.​

G/T...R/P doesn't even know how how to shame properly according to the Scriptures.

If it is not about Christ and his Gospel then it is about YOU.

YOUR experience, YOUR doing, YOUR death to sin, YOUR victory over sin death and the devil.

Pentecostals and Catholics have a lot in common. It is all about them. It is the religion of me, myself and I.

What you need to do is learn the Gospel. You need to be brought out of yourself so that you can see the marvelous thing that God has done for you in Jesus Christ.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If it is not about Christ and his Gospel then it is about YOU.

YOUR experience, YOUR doing, YOUR death to sin, YOUR victory over sin death and the devil.

Pentecostals and Catholics have a lot in common. It is all about them. It is the religion of me, myself and I.

What you need to do is learn the Gospel. You need to be brought out of yourself so that you can see the marvelous thing that God has done for you in Jesus Christ.

Like a Catholic? Not hardly.

You win.

:e4e:​

Aimiel

Some people appear to have a 'form' of godliness, but deny The Power thereof. Yes, many who are pentecostal do seem to focus upon themselves, but that doesn't negate God's Power or the gifts that He has given us through The Holy Ghost. There are those who are not pentecostal, also, who believe they have 'correct' theology and become so self-righteous that no one (not even fellow-Christians) want anything to do with them. We don't need to look for reasons to hate others. Satan will give us enough of those to have to deal with through love and forgiveness. He loves to magnify differences between people with his hatred. We need to learn how to not only love The Lord but to share His Love with others, even with those whom Satan wants us to think are heathens. God wants us to see each other through His Eyes. He wants us to have The Mind of Christ. He wants us to do greater miracles than Jesus did and He's patiently waiting for us to do so. If it weren't possible, do you think He would have told us that we would? He went to His Father, is seated at His Right Hand and ever lives to make intercession for us, expecting until His enemies be made into His Footstool. How are you going to work on His Footstool when you have that speck in your eye?

Interplanner

The odd thing about this issue is that at Corinth you have a complete variation from what happened elsewhere. Paul doesn't forbid it but he certainly minimizes it, and he is emphatic about the one purpose that the real thing had. That's when he quotes Isaiah about how it is sign to unbelieving members of Judaism specifically to show them that the mission of God in the age of Messiah is to get the Gospel out to the nations. It is not to take the Law to the nations.

heir

TOL Subscriber
We can only testify what God has done, we have put many testimonies up of how God has worked and is working in our lives. It is not to boast but we must testify, we are obliged to. To not do so is to dishonour God who has worked miracles, answered prayers...saved lost souls through our ministry.

It would be the same as saying that WE did it by or own power or wisdom.

If we are not being used in outreach, if we see no miracles, no answers to prayer, no workings of the Holy Spirit then we have nothing to say on the matter....we can only testify of what we ourselves have and have witnessed.
Translation: "I, Totton Linnet, can't!"

heir

TOL Subscriber
To not do so is to dishonour God who has worked miracles, answered prayers...saved lost souls through our ministry.
Where are the miracles of the wannabe Pentes?

Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No one can be saved without hearing and believing the Gospel.

The Holy Spirit and the Gospel are inseperable. You cannot have one without the other.

Asking people to accept Christ as their savior without the Gospel will produce counterfeit Christians.

The Holy Spirit IS Himself the gift, the question is if you are baptised in Him how will He manifest Himself IN you? we know it is Christ in us that He intends to manifest....Jesus said "they will cast out devils, speak in new tongues" will you now make light of the Lord's word ? are you more wise than Him?

Just imagine YOUR community if all the believers came together in one accord to cast out the devils from it...kids would be delivered from slavery to sex drugs and rock'n'roll....

....then you could preach the gospel and folks would get saved.

That is my desire.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The Holy Spirit IS Himself the gift, the question is if you are baptised in Him how will He manifest Himself IN you? we know it is Christ in us that He intends to manifest....Jesus said "they will cast out devils, speak in new tongues" will you now make light of the Lord's word ? are you more wise than Him?
No such baptism!

There is but ONE baptism for us today. Why do you endevour not to keep it with your silly talk?

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Matthew 10:8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

You won't see them, you are too idle....that is why you can't understand the bible and must need have someone spoonfeed you.

Miracles whether for seeing them or receiving them is for believers.

People saw Jesu's miracles they saw the blind see...have YOU? I have, then they came and said "show us a sign"

That is you....but Jesus said "you are too lazy, an evil and adulterous generation seeketh a sign and no sign will be given them"

Why would God baptise YOU in the Holy Ghost? you are too lazy

Interplanner

That speak in new tongues in Mark 14 was not out of nowhere. These were followers of Judaism from childhood. The tongues thing was mentioned by Isaiah as something happening in the messianic age. It was a sign back to the followers of Judaism itself that they were to take the Gospel to the world, not the Law and its ceremonies. The sign itself would accomplish some of this, as we know it did in Acts 2, 11, 19.

Whatever was going on at Corinth was an odd variation from this that Paul didn't crush like a false gospel, but he certainly minimized it and relegated it to a childish level. And he re-quoted the Isaiah lines to remind them of the actual purpose, which was now past need at Corinth.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Why would God baptise YOU in the Holy Ghost? you are too lazy
No such baptism!

There is but ONE baptism for us today. Why do you endevour not to keep it with your silly talk?

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

Ephesians 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

Ephesians 4:3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ephesians 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No such baptism!

This is your spoonfeeding

You are too idle to study the scripture.

When Paul met disciples he asked into what they were baptised? they said John's baptism....so there is one baptism

Paul baptised them in the name of the Lord Jesus...there's 2 baptism

THEN he laid His hands on them and the Holy Spirit came upon them and they spoke in tongues and prophesied.

Did anything like that happen to you?

Interplanner

Heir,
looking at your footer, do realize you have not quite grasped the objective nature of the Gospel? Christians are to proclaim that God justifies sinners through Christ. The work was done in the Gospel event, of which we are ambassadors. A person then learns that this came into existence in the Gospel event and hopefully exults in that. It will also change many things about their lives. Like a person who finds out about an inheritance 5 years after it was issued (see the classic story of JANE EYRE)

I'm just referring a confusion of cause and effect. "The Gospel that changes lives has been replaced by a gospel of a changed-life." G. Paxton, former Pres., NSW Bible College, Australia.