It's Not for Today or It is For Today

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If it is not about Christ and his Gospel then it is about YOU.

YOUR experience, YOUR doing, YOUR death to sin, YOUR victory over sin death and the devil.

Pentecostals and Catholics have a lot in common. It is all about them. It is the religion of me, myself and I.

What you need to do is learn the Gospel. You need to be brought out of yourself so that you can see the marvelous thing that God has done for you in Jesus Christ.

Where in the world did you ever get this from. I'm a Pentecostal and it is all about the love of the Father through Jesus. If it isn't we are nothing but a clanging gong

Robert Pate

Banned
Where in the world did you ever get this from. I'm a Pentecostal and it is all about the love of the Father through Jesus. If it isn't we are nothing but a clanging gong

Paul was not a Pentecostal.

He did not focus on what Jesus was doing in his life.

Paul's focus was on the objective (outside of me) Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Pentecostalism is a very subjective religion that focuses on what Jesus is doing in your life. Instead of what Jesus has done with your life.

In the Gospel Jesus puts us to death in himself and brings forth a new creation in himself. Romans 6:6 and 2 Corinthians 5:17.

All this was done while we were yet sinners, Romans 5:6. It was 100% objective.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Pentecostalism is a very subjective religion that focuses on what Jesus is doing in your life. Instead of what Jesus has done with your life.

In the Gospel Jesus puts us to death in himself and brings forth a new creation in himself. Romans 6:6 and 2 Corinthians 5:17.

Paul was a follower of Jesus. This was Paul's life;

Philippians 3:8 Modern English Version (MEV)

8 Yes, certainly, I count everything as loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have forfeited the loss of all things and count them as rubbish that I may gain Christ,

Jesus was everything to Paul. Why should it be any different for us.

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul was a follower of Jesus. This was Paul's life;

Philippians 3:8 Modern English Version (MEV)

8 Yes, certainly, I count everything as loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have forfeited the loss of all things and count them as rubbish that I may gain Christ,

Jesus was everything to Paul. Why should it be any different for us.

Christ should be your everything, but not because of what you may think that he is doing in your life.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

That's a bit foolish really, the scriptures you quote concern US and are about us, about what God has done for US and what He is doing IN US.

I'm unashamedly interested In ME, Christ IN ME.

We are all passionate about Jesus, we worship Him with a passion.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The motive must be the same as with Paul. Didn't you catch that from Philippians 3:8?
Amen! Philippians 3:8.

This Robert Pate I think that he thinks we belong in the bleachers where the really, really bright people are.

Thank the Lord for the later rain on the day of Pentecost, for the Lord said He would do Joel 2:28-29.

Interplanner

Tongues was to show people in Judaism that God was taking the Gospel to the nations, not the law. So: sometimes there has to be Gentiles there to hear the Gospel (in their own normal language).
there must be practicers of Judaism present to hear the miracle and realize that the above reason is true. If they really get it, they then go tell Gentiles.

Other uses of tongues are not to be continued and just plain aren't the same thing.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Don't be stupid,
I'm not. This is:

Paul says there is but one gospel, one church you stupidly say there were two
Nowhere does Paul write that there is one gospel or one church. OPaul knows there is more than one gospel and one church in the Bible. You're just deflecting from the fact that you endevour to NOT keep the seven fold unity of the Spirit which includes only one baptism.

And stop calling me stupid.

Daniel1611

There is definitely only one Gospel. That's why it says "preach THE Gospel to every creature". " THE Gospel is the power of God unto salvation for anyone that believeth". It is THE Gospel of Christ. Not "a" Gospel.