Is White Privilege Real?

glorydaz

No, because it's methodologically sound and I'm not here to teach statistical models. If someone doesn't understand them then they don't belong in the conversation and if they do they're free to check the model and studies themselves. And that's literally the extent of my engagement with you. I'm not going to discuss the topic or read through whatever that laundry list was in relation to posts I skipped. You don't rate. Every time I bother to make the attempt you roll it into one of your "retard" troll fests.

No thanks. :e4e:

Have a nice day, bigot.

Oh, yippie, name-calling and labels. :thumb:

From the Pompous One.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
just something to ponder today

the phenomenon of "black" names is a recent one, since my youth

it started (and continues) as a method for the black community to distance themselves from the mainstream, to create and maintain a separate "black" identity, that has become - for valid reasons - synonymous with poor academic achievement, criminality, the ghetto/thug culture...

is it any wonder that employers shy away from that?
Even if I grant that names like that are associated with a "ghetto/thug culture", people don't choose their own names. Parents do. Why judge someone based on a name? You and glassjester have been talking about people making better choices to escape their situations but now you're supporting a bias against someone who might be doing exactly what you want them to do because of something they didn't choose.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Even if I grant that names like that are associated with a "ghetto/thug culture",

what mental image do you get from "trayvon"?

Why judge someone based on a name?

if you were in HR on a hiring committee and you had a choice between applicants with the following names (and all other things being equal), which would you choose?

1. Bob
2. Trayvon
3. Bubba
4. Adolf Hitler

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
i admit it

i am a bigot

i freely admit that i am bigotted against retards, whether they're white kkk'ers or black ghetto/thug wannabees

or pretentious self impressed retards who want to dump their white guilt on the rest of us :wave2:
:thumb: Thats nailing it, right there.

glorydaz

Yeah- you're all cuckolds to a whoring wife.

If they were Muslims you would see it- but they are Jews, and you've been brainwashed to not.

And you're an idiot. :chuckle:

You clearly don't know the difference between the Jews being God's chosen people and one being saved by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. Perhaps if you actually understood that, you wouldn't keep making such nonsensical statements.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
And you're an idiot. :chuckle:

No, you :plain:

You clearly don't know the difference between the Jews being God's chosen people and one being saved by the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ. Perhaps if you actually understood that, you wouldn't keep making such nonsensical statements.

God's chosen people are by definition the one's whom He saves- the Jews will not be saved because they deny Christ.

You all have Stockholm syndrome- you're content with being goyim in need of Christ, falling short of those holy Jews and letting them instead just have their way in your government and media.

And that's just too much for me to bite.
Sorry, but you're all damned ridiculous :wave2:

glorydaz

God's chosen people are by definition the one's whom He saves- the Jews will not be saved because they deny Christ.

I'll just remove your silliness for you and respond to this....the crux of the matter. The eyes of the world have been on the Jews from the beginning. They are the golden thread running through time. God chose them to be a "peculiar people" through whom salvation would come to the Gentiles. Therefore, your "definition" is simply wrong...a figment of your own imagination.

Deuteronomy 14:2 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.​

Romans 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
what mental image do you get from "trayvon"?

if you were in HR on a hiring committee and you had a choice between applicants with the following names (and all other things being equal), which would you choose?

1. Bob
2. Trayvon
3. Bubba
4. Adolf Hitler
Btw, it's about time for Trayvon's killer to make the news again !!!

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The eyes of the world have been on the Jews from the beginning.

No it hasn't. That's just poetry- you all are barred from traditional Christianity and are just using physical Israel as a replacement to the church which God has ordained.

They are the golden thread running through time.

They were used by God, they are not better than anyone else. The golden thread continued through Christ, who they crucified and call a heretic today.

God chose them to be a "peculiar people" through whom salvation would come to the Gentiles. Therefore, your "definition" is simply wrong...a figment of your own imagination.

Galatians 3:29
And if you be Christ's, then are you Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

My definition is the only definition- now stop pandering to heretics.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Always assuming something is done unintentionally, aren't you?
It's not an assumption, unless you mean you intentionally made fun of yourself while appearing to take a swipe at me.

That would be something. :plain:

If I didn't know better, I'd think you were being condescending.
Darned if she didn't do it again. :think:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Black names tend to be French oriented because French slavers caught and sold them. And then there's Cajun culture in the deep South along with a bunch of French farm owners.

Also
All black people are southern, even if they were born in raised in New York- you see, because a lot of stereotypes given to them are really just southern ones.

glassjester

Even if I grant that names like that are associated with a "ghetto/thug culture", people don't choose their own names. Parents do. Why judge someone based on a name? You and glassjester have been talking about people making better choices to escape their situations but now you're supporting a bias against someone who might be doing exactly what you want them to do because of something they didn't choose.

But parents' choices do affect their children.

The boy named Sue said that if he ever has a son, he'll name him anything but Sue!

glassjester

I'd be interested to see a study with those same names used, but both applications (the "white name" and the "black name") indicate the race of the applicant as black.

That would shed some light on the source of the bias.

ok doser

It's not an assumption, unless you mean you intentionally made fun of yourself while appearing to take a swipe at me.

That would be something. :plain:

Darned if she didn't do it again. :think:

and you wonder why people don't like you :freak:

ok doser

I'd be interested to see a study with those same names used, but both applications (the "white name" and the "black name") indicate the race of the applicant as black.

That would shed some light on the source of the bias.

i know i'd be more inclined to favor a black applicant named Andrew than one named Jayquan

just as i'd be more inclined to favor a white applicant named Andrew than one named Bubba

Arthur Brain

and you wonder why people don't like you :freak:

Eh, I doubt he wonders about it all where it comes to the likes of you. Your track record precedes you and it's just comical to watch.

You still claiming you only follow 5% of TH's posts?

:rotfl:

Wow, what a crank...