Is the doctrine of Eternal Conscious Torment biblical or not?

marhig

1. David still rests in sheol, that is the grave, also called hell. In the book of Acts he is contrasted against Jesus whose soul was not left in hell. When David had a little infant that died, he did not say that the child went to a special baby heaven, he said that it would not come to him, but that he would rather go to it. If David is dead and buried and not ascended to heaven (John 3:13) then the infant is also dead.

Acts 2:29-31 KJV
(29) Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
(30) Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
(31) He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

2. Job says that the old man and the infant of days alike go to the same death. Passages already cited above, Job 3:11-22. Our Torment Gallery went into a fit and started with the personal mocking attacks rather than address the passage.

The question was not whether men or infants are in hell. That's a given, hell is the resting place of the dead, not a bizarre torture chamber. The question is whether hell will give up its dead when Jesus returns and calls them forth from the grave. If there is no resurrection to life there is no life. If you are arguing against the resurrection of children then you are saying that they shall never live.

If you are arguing that children shall not be judged, are you really so naive as to think that children are something other than small adults with fewer birthdays? The scripture says that the dead shall live and stand before God. Some of the dead are children. If you don't trust the words of those passages then say so. If you don't trust God's the methods of God's judgment than just say so.

I think we can trust God. I really don't think that he planned the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ thousands of years and advance and it never once occurred to him that some of the dead never had a chance to live in the first place. Do you think he's that careless? But neither do I believe that there is another path to Salvation other than Jesus Christ, which would be the case if your assertion of "infant salvation" were correct.

Wow. Is that how all mainstream Christians believe? I don't see it like that at all! You've been saying that others here are wrong to say that some are tormented for an eternity, yet you think that a loving God would leave people in their dead bodies in their graves? No way! This dust goes back to the dust and the spirit goes back to God (Ecclesiastes 12:7)

Jesus said to the thief on the cross, today you will be will me in paradise, there was no lying in any grave there till a certain day to be raised up!

What do you think it means in the Bible when it says we are raised with Christ?

And when Jesus died, it says that the saints arose out of the graves? Do you believe that they actually came out of the ground like zombies in their old flesh? Don't you think if that happened, all the Jews would have believed him? Yet they still persecuted Gods people after the death and resurrection. This is spiritual its not natural graves that are being spoken about.

You see the Bible as totally natural, God is spirit and he speaks in and through the spirit, and he gives us the ears to hear and understand.

I believe that walk straight out of this body and straight out of the grave! And God puts us where he will.

Rosenritter

Wow. Is that how all mainstream Christians believe? I don't see it like that at all! You've been saying that others here are wrong to say that some are tormented for an eternity, yet you think that a loving God would leave people in their dead bodies in their graves? No way! This dust goes back to the dust and the spirit goes back to God (Ecclesiastes 12:7)

Jesus said to the thief on the cross, today you will be will me in paradise, there was no lying in any grave there till a certain day to be raised up!

What do you think it means in the Bible when it says we are raised with Christ?

And when Jesus died, it says that the saints arose out of the graves? Do you believe that they actually came out of the ground like zombies in their old flesh? Don't you think if that happened, all the Jews would have believed him? Yet they still persecuted Gods people after the death and resurrection. This is spiritual its not natural graves that are being spoken about.

You see the Bible as totally natural, God is spirit and he speaks in and through the spirit, and he gives us the ears to hear and understand.

I believe that walk straight out of this body and straight out of the grave! And God puts us where he will.

From the tenor of your response it sounds like there's a misunderstanding of sorts. A couple misunderstandings perhaps.

First, our loving God does leave the dead in their graves until the resurrection. That's why they are said to go to "sleep with their fathers" and why there is a necessity of the resurrection to begin with. That is why Paul speaks to the Corinthians and tells them that if there is no resurrection of the dead, that we are without hope, and of all men most miserable.

Second, Ecclesiastes does not say that the spirit that returns to God is us, or our consciousness, and in fact the context of the book would deny such a Gnostic interpretation. The same Solomon also tells us that the living know that they shall die, but that the dead know nothing, that they are without love, hatred, envy, or even knowledge that they are dead. That spirit that returns to God, the same spirit that is breathed into every living thing, is the spark of life, not a "Ghost."

Third, when Jesus told the thief beside him "Verily, I say unto thee, today shalt thou be with me in Paradise" the context was that the thief was to be remembered when Christ came into his kingdom. Do you know where Jesus was that day? Peter tells us that Jesus remained in hell. So unless you want to argue that Christ's kingdom is actually hell, there's a problem with your reading of that passage. Read again, "today shalt" means that the shalt (declaration) is made sure that very day. This is how God spoke to Adam, how Saul spoke to David, and how Solomon spoke to Shimei. Early morning after his resurrection Jesus had still not ascended to heaven, so yes, I would say the thief remains dead until Christ returns in his Kingdom.

Fourth, when the Bible says that we are raised with Christ, I think that is a reference to when we shall be raised with Christ at his return. If you want a specific answer that is less general, please provide the chapter and verse reference.

Fifth, when Jesus died, many saints arose from the graves, and afterwards entered into the city and were seen by many. No, I do not imagine rotting flesh like zombies. If God is raising the dead, he can heal or restore flesh just as he cures the leper, makes the blind to see, or the lame to walk.

Matthew 27:52-53 KJV
(52) And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
(53) And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Did you stop reading at verse 52 without reading to verse 53? They were seen by many, it says, the very thing you just protested could not be possible. Did the Jews believe? Some did. Many did not, they would not, and if you don't know why I will show you where their reaction was even prophesied in multiple places.

Though I suppose you can believe whatever you like. People usually do regardless of what scripture says.

marhig

I know, Way 2 Go, you'd agree with the devil if he promised to torture people. Oh wait, that's right, you are agreeing with the devil himself.

Genesis 3:4 KJV
(4) And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

I agree with that too, I believe that being in desolation is being in hell, we are in hell when we are led away from God by the lusts of the flesh, and this is being in desolation, being far removed from God in outer darkness, we need to walk in the light to live! Christ is that light and he's the only way back to life!

John 12

Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.
While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light.*

Did Eve's soul die? No it didn't, and God doesn't lie, so you know that when God said that if Adam and Eve eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that they would surely die, then they surely died when they did it. So you can see it's not their souls dying because they carried on living. It's a different death, it's being dead to God in their sins and that is what hell is.

Last edited:

marhig

From the tenor of your response it sounds like there's a misunderstanding of sorts. A couple misunderstandings perhaps.

First, our loving God does leave the dead in their graves until the resurrection. That's why they are said to go to "sleep with their fathers" and why there is a necessity of the resurrection to begin with. That is why Paul speaks to the Corinthians and tells them that if there is no resurrection of the dead, that we are without hope, and of all men most miserable.

Second, Ecclesiastes does not say that the spirit that returns to God is us, or our consciousness, and in fact the context of the book would deny such a Gnostic interpretation. The same Solomon also tells us that the living know that they shall die, but that the dead know nothing, that they are without love, hatred, envy, or even knowledge that they are dead. That spirit that returns to God, the same spirit that is breathed into every living thing, is the spark of life, not a "Ghost."

Third, when Jesus told the thief beside him "Verily, I say unto thee, today shalt thou be with me in Paradise" the context was that the thief was to be remembered when Christ came into his kingdom. Do you know where Jesus was that day? Peter tells us that Jesus remained in hell. So unless you want to argue that Christ's kingdom is actually hell, there's a problem with your reading of that passage. Read again, "today shalt" means that the shalt (declaration) is made sure that very day. This is how God spoke to Adam, how Saul spoke to David, and how Solomon spoke to Shimei. Early morning after his resurrection Jesus had still not ascended to heaven, so yes, I would say the thief remains dead until Christ returns in his Kingdom.

Fourth, when the Bible says that we are raised with Christ, I think that is a reference to when we shall be raised with Christ at his return. If you want a specific answer that is less general, please provide the chapter and verse reference.

Fifth, when Jesus died, many saints arose from the graves, and afterwards entered into the city and were seen by many. No, I do not imagine rotting flesh like zombies. If God is raising the dead, he can heal or restore flesh just as he cures the leper, makes the blind to see, or the lame to walk.

Matthew 27:52-53 KJV
(52) And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
(53) And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Did you stop reading at verse 52 without reading to verse 53? They were seen by many, it says, the very thing you just protested could not be possible. Did the Jews believe? Some did. Many did not, they would not, and if you don't know why I will show you where their reaction was even prophesied in multiple places.

Though I suppose you can believe whatever you like. People usually do regardless of what scripture says.
I don't see it like that at all, it's spiritual. And I believe that Jesus doesn't lie, and he said it will all be fulfilled in that generation, and it was. Jesus has already returned!

By the way, when Jesus said to the thief, today you will be with me in paradise, he meant just that!

Rosenritter

I agree with that too, I believe that being in desolation is being in hell, we are in hell when we are led away from God by the lusts of the flesh, and this is being in desolation, being far removed from God in outer darkness, we need to walk in the light to live! Christ is that light and he's the only way back to life!

John 12

Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.
While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light.*

Did Eve's soul die? No it didn't, and God doesn't lie, so you know that when God said that if Adam and Eve eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil that they would surely die, then they surely died when they did it. So you can see it's not their souls dying because they carried on living. It's a different death, it's being dead to God in there sins and that is what hell is.

Can you please clarify something for me?

Did you just suggest that although Adam did die, that Eve did not die? Granted, we aren't given an obituary notice in Genesis for Eve like we are for Adam, and Paul does say that "as in Adam all die" and not "as in Eve all die" ... but that can't be what you are saying, is it?

marhig

Can you please clarify something for me?

Did you just suggest that although Adam did die, that Eve did not die? Granted, we aren't given an obituary notice in Genesis for Eve like we are for Adam, and Paul does say that "as in Adam all die" and not "as in Eve all die" ... but that can't be what you are saying, is it?

Eve died too, she sinned and was dead to God in her sins.

What do you think God means when he says that he has placed a flaming sword that turns everyway to keep the way of the tree of life? A tree that Adam and eve could eat off freely before?

Rosenritter

I don't see it like that at all, it's spiritual. And I believe that Jesus doesn't lie, and he said it will all be fulfilled in that generation, and it was. Jesus has already returned!

By the way, when Jesus said to the thief, today you will be with me in paradise, he meant just that!

Jesus has already returned? The resurrection happened and we missed it?

2 Timothy 2:15-18 KJV
(15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
(16) But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
(17) And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
(18) Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

marhig

Jesus has already returned? The resurrection happened and we missed it?

2 Timothy 2:15-18 KJV
(15) Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
(16) But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
(17) And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus;
(18) Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

Exactly, the resurrection hasn't already passed, it has carried on happening, it's happened every time those who are Gods people are raised with Christ! In those who have passed from death to life who have been quickened by the spirit who live not after the lusts of the flesh but after spirit and live by the will of God and deny themselves, bare their cross and follow Jesus.

Colossians 3

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Ephesians 2

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus

Ephesians 2 again

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others

Colossians 2

In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses

Romans 8

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you

John 6

It is the Spirit which quickens, the flesh profits nothing: the words which I have spoken unto you are spirit and are life.

Right I'm off to clean, a woman's work is never done :)

Last edited:

Cross Reference

The 'everlasting'thing here is because we were created in the image of God Who can never die. When He breathed into us the "Breath of Life" it was that one thing that sealed us to being freely "independent" of Him; man became a soul in the same manner God is an "Everlasting Soul", possessing both an 'enabling' Body and a Spirit..

Remember, only love can create and only perfect human life can pro-create as intended by God.

The scripture best explains destruction as being desolation because scripture reveals it can be no other way since the soul is "everlasting", making it impossible to die in the sense perpetuated by many religionists concerned over their own spiritual wellbeing apart from God and longing for assurances from stargazers.

Cross Reference

Exactly, the resurrection hasn't already passed, it has carried on happening, it's happened every time those who are Gods people are raised with Christ! In those who have passed from death to life who have been quickened by the spirit who live not after the lusts of the flesh but after spirit and live by the will of God and deny themselves, bare their cross and follow Jesus.

Colossians 3

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

Ephesians 2

And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus

Ephesians 2 again

And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others

Colossians 2

In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses

Romans 8

But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you

John 6

It is the Spirit which quickens, the flesh profits nothing: the words which I have spoken unto you are spirit and are life.

Right I'm off to clean, a woman's work is never done :)

<Interesting perspective>

Why, in light of other scripture, why would you suppose this isn't the first resurrection intended to be conveyed:

"But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you."?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Love's eternal will...............

Love's eternal will...............

~*~*~

If God's love is infinite, how could he allow or ever condemn any sentient being to an eternity of torment, pain or suffering TO NO END?

This is pure insanity....and so contrary to the nature and will of love, that it defies all common sense and logic.

ECT exposed here

At best as shared previously, the view of 'conditional immortality' or 'universal salvation' is more sane and sound after evaluating all the implications and possibilities in view, in light of God's eternal will and divine providence. I say the larger reality here includes something even beyond what some deem 'biblical' because that limitation is still bound to interpretations and translations limited to one religious collection of books, a limited canon. The infinity of love is beyond words.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Nothing good is ever lost. For those who do not survive, their spiritual experience becomes the posesion of the spirit of the Father that was once part if the destruction candidate.

An infinite torture God is a creation of men who don't have truth to teach.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Nothing good is ever lost. For those who do not survive, their spiritual experience becomes the posesion of the spirit of the Father that was once part ff the destruction candidate.

An infinite torture God is a creation of men who don't have truth to teach.

Indeed, all energy, spirit and form undergoes 'transformation',....yet everything of true meaning and value is never lost, even if a soul chooses to by the total embrace of iniquity to undergo disintegration (the second death).

Religionists holding to a 'god' with a penchant for ECT must have some reflection of the same cruelty they impose on 'God'.

Rosenritter

Eve died too, she sinned and was dead to God in her sins.

What do you think God means when he says that he has placed a flaming sword that turns everyway to keep the way of the tree of life? A tree that Adam and eve could eat off freely before?

It means that for Adam and Eve's sentence of death to be effective, they had to be cut off from their source of continual life, or else they woudl never die. It's right there in the scripture, same book.

Genesis 3:22-24 KJV
(22) And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
(23) Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
(24) So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

If Adam and Eve would continue to take of that fruit they would live indefinitely, for ever. They were banned from the garden, and its fruit, and after nine hundred and sixty years, Adam died.

Genesis 5:4-5 KJV
(4) And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
(5) And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

Funny how that perfectly agrees with what God told Adam what would happen if he sinned, and exactly how God told Adam how it would happen.

Genesis 3:17-19 KJV
(17) And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
(18) Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
(19) In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

marhig

It means that for Adam and Eve's sentence of death to be effective, they had to be cut off from their source of continual life, or else they woudl never die. It's right there in the scripture, same book.

Genesis 3:22-24 KJV
(22) And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
(23) Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
(24) So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

If Adam and Eve would continue to take of that fruit they would live indefinitely, for ever. They were banned from the garden, and its fruit, and after nine hundred and sixty years, Adam died.

Genesis 5:4-5 KJV
(4) And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters:
(5) And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

Funny how that perfectly agrees with what God told Adam what would happen if he sinned, and exactly how God told Adam how it would happen.

Genesis 3:17-19 KJV
(17) And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;
(18) Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;
(19) In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Can you see anything in all of that? How do we eat again off the tree of life?

marhig

<Interesting perspective>

Why, in light of other scripture, why would you suppose this isn't the first resurrection intended to be conveyed:

"But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you."?

A thousand years is a day, and a day is a thousand years in the lord.

Whosoever takes part in the first resurrection, the second death has no power over them because he who is in them is greater than he who is in the world.

Once we have taken part in the first resurrection we are risen from the dead. Brought from darkness to light, death to life and we are raised with Christ lifted to a higher level having spiritual understanding in the things of God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
A thousand years is a day, and a day is a thousand years in the lord.

Whosoever takes part in the first resurrection, the second death has no power over them because he who is in them is greater than he who is in the world.

Once we have taken part in the first resurrection we are risen from the dead. Brought from darkness to light, death to life and we are raised with Christ lifted to a higher level having spiritual understanding in the things of God.

The resurrection of the Bible is not conversion of the soul which comes first.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Without the resurrection there is no conversation. It's the indwelling holy spirit that converts us and changes our hearts.

Conversion is not resurrection.

(Mat 22:23) The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him,

(Mat 22:28) Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

(Mat 22:30) For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

(Mat 22:31) But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

(Mat 27:53) And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

(Mar 12:18) Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,

(Mar 12:23) In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife.

(Luk 14:14) And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.

(Luk 20:27) Then came to him certain of the Sadducees, which deny that there is any resurrection; and they asked him,

(Luk 20:33) Therefore in the resurrection whose wife of them is she? for seven had her to wife.

(Luk 20:35) But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

(Luk 20:36) Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

(Joh 5:29) And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

(Joh 11:24) Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

(Joh 11:25) Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

(Act 1:22) Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

(Act 2:31) He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

(Act 4:2) Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.

(Act 4:33) And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

(Act 17:18) Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.

(Act 17:32) And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

(Act 23:6) But when Paul perceived that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, Men and brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee: of the hope and resurrection of the dead I am called in question.

(Act 23:8) For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both.

(Act 24:15) And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

(Act 24:21) Except it be for this one voice, that I cried standing among them, Touching the resurrection of the dead I am called in question by you this day.

(Rom 1:4) And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

(Rom 6:5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

(1Co 15:12) Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

(1Co 15:13) But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

(1Co 15:21) For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

(1Co 15:42) So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

(Php 3:10) That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

(Php 3:11) If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

(2Ti 2:18) Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

(Heb 6:2) Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

(Heb 11:35) Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

(1Pe 1:3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

(1Pe 3:21) The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

(Rev 20:5) But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

(Rev 20:6) Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

marhig

Conversion is not resurrection.

(Mat 22:23) The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him,

(Mat 22:28) Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.

(Mat 22:30) For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

(Mat 22:31) But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

(Mat 27:53) And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

(Mar 12:18) Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,

(Mar 12:23) In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife.

(Luk 14:14) And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.

(Luk 20:27) Then came to him certain of the Sadducees, which deny that there is any resurrection; and they asked him,

(Luk 20:33) Therefore in the resurrection whose wife of them is she? for seven had her to wife.

(Luk 20:35) But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

(Luk 20:36) Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

(Joh 5:29) And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

(Joh 11:24) Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

(Joh 11:25) Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

(Act 1:22) Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

(Act 2:31) He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

(Act 4:2) Being grieved that they taught the people, and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.

(Act 4:33) And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

(Act 17:18) Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.

(Act 17:32) And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, We will hear thee again of this matter.

(Act 23:6) But when Paul perceived that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, Men and brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee: of the hope and resurrection of the dead I am called in question.

(Act 23:8) For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both.

(Act 24:15) And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.

(Act 24:21) Except it be for this one voice, that I cried standing among them, Touching the resurrection of the dead I am called in question by you this day.

(Rom 1:4) And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

(Rom 6:5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

(1Co 15:12) Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

(1Co 15:13) But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

(1Co 15:21) For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

(1Co 15:42) So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

(Php 3:10) That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

(Php 3:11) If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

(2Ti 2:18) Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

(Heb 6:2) Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

(Heb 11:35) Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

(1Pe 1:3) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

(1Pe 3:21) The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

(Rev 20:5) But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

(Rev 20:6) Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
I see all of that spiritually, not that we rise up in these bodies of flesh from our natural graves once we've died. Do you understand the spiritual?