Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

Nineveh

Merely Christian
onchiki said:
ye shall not judge lest ye be judged thyself.

Don't forget the rest of that verse:

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Caille

Lighthouse said:
That is not what Jesus said.:nono:

Pretty darn close, :loser: , or did you want it in the original Aramaic ?

Matt.22
[37] Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
[38] This is the first and great commandment.
[39] And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Luke.10
[25] And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
[26] He (Jesus) said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
[27] And he (the lawyer) answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
[28] And he (Jesus) said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Mark.12
[29] And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
[30] And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
[31] And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

And what do you think loving your neighbor as yourself entails? True love hates wickedness. I hate my sin, just like I hate the sin of others. I hate what I was before Christ set me free. As I hate what others are when they don't come to Christ to be set free. I hate the old me, the me that was crucified. Just as I hate those who have not been crucified. I love them, exactly the way I love myself.

Ya know, a little therapy goes a long way. Seriously, you could use some professional help.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
Loving your neighbor as yourself entails hating those who have not been crucified?
Yes. I love you enough to hate you. I know it sounds odd, but I hate the old me, the me apart from Christ, why should it be different when it comes to how I am with others. It's how I love myself, it's how I love my neighbor.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
I used to work on an emergency crisis line because I was studying psychology. I remember a call from a young kids who was 15 or 16 who was about to commit suicide, and said that he wanted to say goodbye to someone.

He had gone to his priest and told him that he was gay. His priest told him that it would be better if he were dead, than alive and gay. So he went home, got his father's gun, and called the line.

Ironically, the Catholic church had quite a few molestations going on, and rather than come clean about it, or to press charges, said nothing to make them look good on the outside, while continuing to harm victim after victim.

Is it any wonder people don't trust the church?
I wouldn't trust the RCC, either. But maybe that's just me.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Lighthouse said:
lead guilty for fear of going to jail
Yes. I love you enough to hate you. I know it sounds odd, but I hate the old me, the me apart from Christ, why should it be different when it comes to how I am with others. It's how I love myself, it's how I love my neighbor.

What a crock. Brandon, get a clue. You're as confused socially as you are theologically.

beanieboy

Lighthouse said:
lead guilty for fear of going to jail

In the last days, they will call darkness light, they will call hatred love.
:(

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Caledvwlch said:
Ezekial 16 had some interesting things to say about God's people passing judgement on their neighbors.

Anyone care to take a stab at this one?

Which part are you refering to? It's pretty long...

This part? "'But you trusted in your beauty and used your fame to become a prostitute. You lavished your favors on anyone who passed by and your beauty became his."?

Or this? "'And you took your sons and daughters whom you bore to me and sacrificed them as food to the idols." ?

That whole chapter looks rather judgemental....

Caille

Lighthouse said:
What's wrong with it?

No, I'm not gonna make it that easy for you. Read the question, read the passage, think about it for a while, then come back if you still don't get it.

Caledvwlch

Nineveh said:
Which part are you refering to? It's pretty long...

This part? "'But you trusted in your beauty and used your fame to become a prostitute. You lavished your favors on anyone who passed by and your beauty became his."?

Or this? "'And you took your sons and daughters whom you bore to me and sacrificed them as food to the idols." ?

That whole chapter looks rather judgemental....
The whole chapter is condemning Israel for thinking they were at all in a better position than her sisters Sodom and Samariah. It also states that Israel's sins were worse. I read the whole thing, it took a few minutes, but it was worth it. I didn't want to be accused of taking anything out of context, so I linked to the whole chapter.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Caledvwlch said:
The whole chapter is condemning Israel for thinking they were at all in a better position than her sisters Sodom and Samariah. It also states that Israel's sins were worse. I read the whole thing, it took a few minutes, but it was worth it. I didn't want to be accused of taking anything out of context, so I linked to the whole chapter.

Are using a judgemental chapter to prove that we shouldn't judge? Or are you using a judgemental chapter to underscore Christ's point, "don't judge like a hypocrite"?

Caille

Nineveh said:
Are using a judgemental chapter to prove that we shouldn't judge? Or are you using a judgemental chapter to underscore Christ's point, "don't judge like a hypocrite"?

Does a hypocrite ever recognize him(her)self as one ? :D

Granite

Hall of Fame
Caledvwlch said:

Ezekiel doesn't mention their supposed sexual immorality at all.

Caledvwlch

Nineveh said:
The latter, I suppose. But think about it this way. Israel was God's chosen people. The Church is now God's chosen people, right? Do not the same principles apply? Minus the ceremonial stuff, of course. There's got to be a reason this chapter is in the Bible. God's people have NO right to judge their neighbors, because their sin is far worse:
Also bear your disgrace in that you have made judgment favorable for your sisters. Because of your sins in which you acted (BP)more abominably than they, they are more in the right than you. Yes, be also ashamed and bear your disgrace, in that you made your sisters appear righteous.

53"Nevertheless, I will restore their captivity, the captivity of Sodom and her daughters, the captivity of Samaria and her daughters, and along with them your own captivity,

54in order that you may bear your humiliation and feel (BQ)ashamed for all that you have done when you become (BR)a consolation to them.

55"Your sisters, Sodom with her daughters and Samaria with her daughters, will return to their former state, and you with your daughters will also return to your former state.