Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

beanieboy

Could it be that one should spend LESS time on pointing to the sins of others, and MORE time reflecting on the sins that they commit?

And the result of this? Humility.
The result of mixing it the other way? Arrogance.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Caille said:
Pretty darn close, :loser: , or did you want it in the original Aramaic ?
They weren't new commandments.

And why are your question marks seperated from the sentences? They all seem to be this way.

Ya know, a little therapy goes a long way. Seriously, you could use some professional help.
For what? God set me free, and I am now more happy than I ever was in my sin.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Caledvwlch said:
The latter, I suppose.

Ok.

But think about it this way. Israel was God's chosen people. The Church is now God's chosen people, right? Do not the same principles apply?

Yes. Don't judge like a hypocrite. Judge with Righteous judgement.

Minus the ceremonial stuff, of course. There's got to be a reason this chapter is in the Bible. God's people have NO right to judge their neighbors, because their sin is far worse:

That's rather judgemental of you :) How do you know this? What worse sins do you think those who are witnessing to beanieboy are guilty of?

Caledvwlch

Nineveh said:
Ok.

Yes. Don't judge like a hypocrite. Judge with Righteous judgement.

That's rather judgemental of you :) How do you know this? What worse sins do you think those who are witnessing to beanieboy are guitly of?
Ok, I didn't mean to sound accusatory. The text says what it says, doesn't it? We're in agreement. Hypocritical judgementalism is being condemned by Ezekial as it was by Jesus. In particular here in Ezekial, though, he says the sins of God's people are worse than those of Sodom. Not my words. It sounds to me like Ezekial is saying, "Would you people please stop harping on Sodom, who's sin was pride, and haughtiness (notice he doesn't mention sexual immorality), while your idolatry is far worse than their's?"

beanieboy

1 Cor 13

1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Caille said:
No, I'm not gonna make it that easy for you. Read the question, read the passage, think about it for a while, then come back if you still don't get it.
:rolleyes:

Care to repeat the question? And think about your refutation, before this goes on?

Caledvwlch

So far, the scriptures seem to support the "no" column on this pole. All the "yes's" have is "Jesus hated sin!!!"

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Caledvwlch said:
Ok, I didn't mean to sound accusatory. The text says what it says, doesn't it? We're in agreement. Hypocritical judgementalism is being condemned by Ezekial as it was by Jesus. In particular here in Ezekial, though, he says the sins of God's people are worse than those of Sodom. Not my words. It sounds to me like Ezekial is saying, "Would you people please stop harping on Sodom, who's sin was pride, and haughtiness (notice he doesn't mention sexual immorality), while your idolatry is far worse than their's?"

I understand the context and what God is saying to Israel through Ezekial. Yet, there is a time for proper judgement. Christ says so, Paul says so, the whole Bible is about it. You may try to accuse those on this thread who bear witness to beanieboy as being "haughty" or "prideful", but that's a pretty big judgement of another's heart for you to make. Trying to get beanieboy out of sodomy is a good thing. Where personal "pride" in witnessing to beanieboy enters into this is beyond me. If beanie ever gets saved, that is to his own benefit.

Caledvwlch

Nineveh said:
I understand the context and what God is saying to Israel through Ezekial. Yet, there is a time for proper judgement. Christ says so, Paul says so, the whole Bible is about it. You may try to accuse those on this thread who bear witness to beanieboy as being "haughty" or "prideful", but that's a pretty big judgement of another's heart for you to make. Trying to get beanieboy out of sodomy is a good thing. Where personal "pride" in witnessing to beanieboy enters into this is beyond me. If beanie ever gets saved, that is to his own benefit.
Ok, fine. Have a blast. It just seems to me that the passage is an indictment on passing judgement at all. But have fun. I'm sure someone will eventually crack.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Caledvwlch said:
So far, the scriptures seem to support the "no" column on this pole. All the "yes's" have is "Jesus hated sin!!!"

Except the whole Bible is about judgement and redemption. The question is how and why you make the judgements you do. Every one does it :) What standard do you use?

Sold Out

beanieboy said:
Could it be that one should spend LESS time on pointing to the sins of others, and MORE time reflecting on the sins that they commit?

And the result of this? Humility.
The result of mixing it the other way? Arrogance.

Yes, we should always be using the Bible as a mirror to point out the sin in our own lives. When we stand before Jesus at the judgment seat of Christ, we won't have anyone beside us to blame anything on. We will be fully accountable for not obeying what is true.

On the other hand, Christians do have an obligation to warn fellow CHRISTIANS when they see them headed down the path of destruction, that could bring them to an early death. God will spank a Christian into eternity if he/she can't stop living a life steeped in sin. (James 1:15, "Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.)

We are also told in Ezekiel 3:20,21, " Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, he will surely live because he took warning, and you will have saved yourself."

If a CHRISTIAN (and I stress CHRISTIAN) is warned about their habitual sinful life and they don't turn back to God in obedience, God will take their life and they will have no rewards in heaven.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
beanieboy said:
And how's the "You're a faggot" approach working out for you?

If that was to me:
Show me the post I have called you a faggot, or be known as bearing false witness.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Caledvwlch said:
Ok, fine. Have a blast. It just seems to me that the passage is an indictment on passing judgement at all. But have fun. I'm sure someone will eventually crack.

Then Christ was wrong about judging rightly? Taking the speck out before helping your brother?

Caledvwlch

Nineveh said:
Then Christ was wrong about judging rightly? Taking the speck out before helping your brother?
Of course Christ wasn't wrong. The problem is, one can never remove the mote, or the speck, or the beam, or whatever it's called. There will always be a speck. Leave judgement up to God, in other words.