Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

Agape4Robin

beanieboy said:
Honestly?

I feel like if my name is going to be in a thread, I should probably have a say.
I think I was baited, and from what I have seen, there are some really great christians, and some christians that will ignore their own bible, and condone their own questionable behavior by twisting the verses, omitting words, or ignoring copious amounts of passages calling to love.

That's one of the reasons Buddhism makes more sense to me.
I don't see many spiteful Buddhists.
The Dali Lama is far more peaceful that any televangelist.

The last respectful one I can think of is Billy Graham.
That's sad, because there a lot of them out there, one creepier than the other - Pat Robertson, Pat Bucchanon, Oral Roberts...
<shudder>
Beanie boy-
I'm sorry that you have been given a rough time by those who call themselves Christian. I hope that I haven't been one to give you such a hard time. My intentions are good, but sometimes my mouth gets ahead of my brain or my heart.

I know that we may have had some raucous debate about homosexuality. It is a subject that I am just sick about. The bible is clear about many types of sin and does not support sex outside of marriage at all. So to all the ones who strongly oppose homosexuality, who are not married, I'm willing to bet that they sleep with their girlfriends or boyfriends. Living/ sleeping together with out the benefit of marriage is just as much of an abomination to God as homosexuality. I realize that this may not be a popular thing to say, but there it is. Some christians are under the false belief that being in love and monogamous is ok and not "sin", but it most certainly is if sex is involved as a part of that relationship. Sex is for the marriage bed only and those who are single are to remain celibate until marriage. But enough about the biblical sex lesson. I'm sure this is not something you just learned today.

Please reconsider buddhism. I understand your feelings about christianity, I was angry and confused by all the hypocrisy in the christian community. Christianity is not supposed to be about religion. It is a relationship with the Saviour, Jesus Christ. It is not about tolerance, but love. Love for Christ, God, others and self.
There are other religious TV personalities that maybe you should look into such as, Billy Graham, Franklin Graham, Adrian Rogers, Charles Stanley, John MacArthur, Greg Laurie and Max Lucado, just to name a few. I can give you more info about them if you like. The other televangelists you listed are more politically motivated and I question their agendas.

I'd like to hear from you about this.....let me know if I can help.

temple2006

Dread Helm

Originally Posted by Dread Helm

But I bear love, and tough love.
I live by Romans 12:9
Let love be without dissimulation.

Sir, Tough love is not doing for the person what he can do for him/herself. It has nothing to do with name calling.

On Fire

beanieboy said:
Honestly?
That's sad, because there a lot of them out there, one creepier than the other - Pat Robertson, Pat Bucchanon, Oral Roberts...
<shudder>
I suppose "creepy" by your definition means "thinks homosexuality is a sin".

beanieboy

Agape4Robin said:
Beanie boy-
I'm sorry that you have been given a rough time by those who call themselves Christian. I hope that I haven't been one to give you such a hard time. My intentions are good, but sometimes my mouth gets ahead of my brain or my heart.

I know that we may have had some raucous debate about homosexuality. It is a subject that I am just sick about. The bible is clear about many types of sin and does not support sex outside of marriage at all. So to all the ones who strongly oppose homosexuality, who are not married, I'm willing to bet that they sleep with their girlfriends or boyfriends. Living/ sleeping together with out the benefit of marriage is just as much of an abomination to God as homosexuality. I realize that this may not be a popular thing to say, but there it is. Some christians are under the false belief that being in love and monogamous is ok and not "sin", but it most certainly is if sex is involved as a part of that relationship. Sex is for the marriage bed only and those who are single are to remain celibate until marriage. But enough about the biblical sex lesson. I'm sure this is not something you just learned today.

Please reconsider buddhism. I understand your feelings about christianity, I was angry and confused by all the hypocrisy in the christian community. Christianity is not supposed to be about religion. It is a relationship with the Saviour, Jesus Christ. It is not about tolerance, but love. Love for Christ, God, others and self.
There are other religious TV personalities that maybe you should look into such as, Billy Graham, Franklin Graham, Adrian Rogers, Charles Stanley, John MacArthur, Greg Laurie and Max Lucado, just to name a few. I can give you more info about them if you like. The other televangelists you listed are more politically motivated and I question their agendas.

I'd like to hear from you about this.....let me know if I can help.

I am always reconsidering. That is why I'm here.
Are you one of the wolves in sheeps clothing? Of course not.
You are honest. You agree that there are some pharissees in the pews.
There are those who hate their brother and say that they love God. Anyone who says that is lying.

We can agree to disagree. I can listen because you can listen to me.
You are a good example of being a good steward.

But, reading this thread, would you want to convert if this is what it turned you into? A foul mouth, smarkaleck that spends his life casting stones?

I've been led to Buddhism. I'm not saying that I will always be a Buddhist, but there are beautiful, very real truths in Buddhism. Buddhism encourages you to take a truth, and kick box it, through it in the washer and dryer, and see if it falls apart.

Real truth is indestructable.

Thanks for being a good example, and going against the group mob mentality this place can have. You are brave and honored as such.

beanieboy

Dread Helm said:
I wonder how creepy Bob Enyart is by that standard?

I don't know Bob.

Why is Pat Robertson creepy? Well, he spends a lot of time telling everyone how awful the world is. I used to watch 700 club, to understand what my parents watched. They have the same tactics as sensationalist news. In one segment, they had this stupid dramatization of adultery, where a wife was bringing her 6 year old to daddy's office, but daddy was getting heavy with the secretary.

It was really perverted.

There was another dramatization of a nerd who was playing D&D. His character died, and the only way to bring him back to life was to get the blood of a child. He goes outside behind his house, and meet Billy who is coming home from his friend's house.

THIS IS WHAT THEY DO, FOLK!!!

He has even started to look like an evil little leprachaun.
He's really creepy.

And the more he needs money, the more he pushes hotbuttons.

Den of thieves.

Caledvwlch

beanieboy said:
There was another dramatization of a nerd who was playing D&D. His character died, and the only way to bring him back to life was to get the blood of a child. He goes outside behind his house, and meet Billy who is coming home from his friend's house.
D & D? That's just too much. :chuckle:

Justin (Wiccan)

On Fire said:
You don't know any of the people here. YOU try again, witch.

Don't make excuses.

Matthew 7:15- 20

15 "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.
16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
17 Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
20 Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."

Do you Christians not claim to speak God's word? That is the meaning of "prophecy": a prophecy was not prediction of future events--though occasionally, your Scriptures state that prophets were given signs to verify their words. A prophet is one who speaks God's words. Yet many of the Christians here claim it is "acceptable" or even the "right thing to do" to speak ill of those they consider sinners.

And just where would any of you Christians be if your God did the same as you do?

Rom 2:1-4

Romans 2:1-4
1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.
2 Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth.
3 So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?
4 Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness leads you toward repentance?

It was not God's judgement that leads sinners to repentance, but God's kindness.

Every single Christian who voted "Yes" on this poll is a hypocrite, and On Fire--whom I commend, for he did not vote yes--points to your hypocracy. Of his fellow Christians, On Fire said "They're sinners. We're all sinners." If each and every one of you is a sinner drawn to repentance by God's kindness, yet you are willing to cast derision onother sinners, then you "show contempt the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness leads you toward repentance."

This I know, Christians: if, indeed, your Bible is true and I am sent to hell, before I go, I will stand as witness to your hypocracy. You are greedy, cowardly thieves, who have accepted the grace of God yet use the maliciousness of your hearts to drive others away from that grace, as if it were in short supply and you were hoarding it for yourselves.

It is not the skeptics and Pagans who take God's words and make it into a lie, but yourselves.

Justin

Sold Out

Justin (Wiccan) said:
This I know, Christians: if, indeed, your Bible is true and I am sent to hell, before I go, I will stand as witness to your hypocracy. You are greedy, cowardly thieves, who have accepted the grace of God yet use the maliciousness of your hearts to drive others away from that grace, as if it were in short supply and you were hoarding it for yourselves.

It is not the skeptics and Pagans who take God's words and make it into a lie, but yourselves.

Justin

I really hope you don't take that chance Justin (finding out too late that Christianity is true).

You are correct in all that you said. There are MANY Christians who are acting no better than the Pharisees in Jesus' day. They parade around with the word of God on their sleeves, passing judgment, all the while missing the most important thing of all - Christ died for everyone and His blood covered every single sin that has been committed, or will ever be committed by the entire world for all time.

It's the GOODNESS OF GOD that leads us to repentance, not the hell, fire and brimstone - down your throat, believe-it-or-you're-going-to-hell approach.

Justin (Wiccan)

Sold Out said:
I really hope you don't take that chance Justin (finding out too late that Christianity is true).

The problem with that statement, Sold Out, is that my post above is darn near a summary of Christianity. Oh, to be sure, there are self-identified Christians who demonstrate a dynamic and living relationship with God ... just as I imagine there were Pharisees who had a dynamic and living relationship with God. But it is the relationship with God that makes them genuine, not adherence to the "Christian faith," so-called.

Christianity is just as much a man-made religion as Pharisaic Judaism.

Justin

Caledvwlch

I agree with Justin, in post #370. The last people who should be voting yes on this pole should be Christians. I'm ashamed to have ever called myself one.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Justin,
I didn't get the opportunity to be called to God by other's witnesses to me, they were all "too kind" or "nicer than God". The Holy Spirit had to put my sin in my face. It hurt my feelings to be sure, but that went away when I accepted Christ.

As Paul says:

Even if I caused you sorrow by my letter, I do not regret it. Though I did regret it—I see that my letter hurt you, but only for a little while— yet now I am happy, not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you became sorrowful as God intended and so were not harmed in any way by us. Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

If beanie were being unjustly judged, I would be one of the first to say something, but he isn't.

beanieboy

temple 2000 said:
Dread Helm

Originally Posted by Dread Helm

But I bear love, and tough love.
I live by Romans 12:9
Let love be without dissimulation.

Sir, Tough love is not doing for the person what he can do for him/herself. It has nothing to do with name calling.

Romans 12:9
9Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. 10Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. 11Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. 12Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. 13Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
14Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. 15Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. 16Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position.[c] Do not be conceited.

17Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. 18If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. 19Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"[d]says the Lord. 20On the contrary:
"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."[e] 21Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

That is "tough love" to you?

Or is it necessary to only take out the part of 12:9 and ignore the rest to fit your worldview?

This is the second time I have heard Romans 12:9 quoted, to explain that one can act as harsh as they want to, and to justify "tough love".

How can you use this passage to support that?
How can you take this entire passage, and only bring away, "Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good", or assign evil and good to beings, when the passage is clearly speaking about living in harmony with others?

Justin (Wiccan)

Nineveh said:
If beanie were being unjustly judged, I would be one of the first to say something, but he isn't.

Oh, so it's OK if I call names in addition to witnessing? I'll call Fred Phelps and tell him you approve.

Justin

allsmiles

I think the bulk of you are dangerous, mean spirited people with absolutely no place in a civilized world. I'm ashamed for you, very, VERY ashamed. You know who you are. Some of the hate that I find here amazes and disgusts me. You discredit yourselves on a constant basis and some the filth I've found on this thread stands as a case in point.

Everyone have a great night and a wonderful weekend.

Lovejoy

Caledvwlch said:
I agree with Justin, in post #370. The last people who should be voting yes on this pole should be Christians. I'm ashamed to have ever called myself one.
I have not read this whole thread, and likely I never will. My heart is much too soft for me to take much angry language, and my soul gets to aching. However, I know in my heart that there are times in which our language must be formed to both cause grief and to express warning. To say that Christians must always be "nice" in their talk is nothing more than an attempt to muzzle them, to make them ineffective. We must be able to warn people away from sin and false leaders, and we must be able, occasionaly, to shock people to make them see the falseness of their beliefs. As well, I must be prepared to receive it in return. Love almost always calls for gentleness, however, sometimes love also calls for us to do things that hurt. Even in medicine we recognize this (otherwise no one would ever get an enema).

BTW, Christianity can never be judged by Christians we know or their actions, as we can never know all Christians or the actions of them all. The value of "being" Chrisitian can only be judged by the value of Christ Himself, and His efficacy. And that is unquestionable.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Justin (Wiccan) said:
Oh, so it's OK if I call names in addition to witnessing? I'll call Fred Phelps and tell him you approve.

Justin

Christians are to judge with righteous judgement. No one on here has judged beanie as a womanizer or a drug addict, have they? No. What you label "name calling" I call harshness. You have no way of knowing what sort of witnessing may be needed at any given point.

Grabbing a child harshly by the arm may appear to be "unkind" or "rude", until you take a step back and see the Mack truck a few feet away.

Lovejoy

Justin (Wiccan) said:

Justin
I don't care for Phelps' technique (if that is what I should call it). He seems to call a mean bunch to him, and ones who judgement lies in bias, not in a need for any Christlike behavior. But I can never be sure, so I just don't approach people the way he does.