Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

julie21

BillyBob said:
No planks here......
...but I bet there are quite a few 's- bends' though;)
When I posted that post re 'hypocrite = Matt 7:5 and the plank in the eye, I just put your name in front of my sentence to denote it was in reference to your post re that word. LH took it as my meaning you had a plank in your eye, as far as I can tell...Just thought I would clear that up, mainly for LH's benefit. ;)
[ The little changing of the shift spiel, Matt and Scott, kinda reminded me of that 'tag team' effort of Ralph and Sam, the two sheepdogs guarding the fock of sheep from Wiley Coyote...." Night Ralph" clocks off..."Night Sam"...clocks on... :darwinsm: ]

julie21

deardelmar said:
So how comfortable are you with the term abomination?
In regard to abominal snowmen?...fine. Yeti too, for that matter.. ;)
Though the actual word is spelt...abominable. Meaning disgusting. ;)

Last edited:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
julie21 said:
In regard to abominal snowmen?...fine. Yeti too, for that matter.. ;)
Though the actual word is spelt...abominable. Meaning disgusting. ;)

Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
abomination:

1. Abhorrence; disgust.
2. A cause of abhorrence or disgust
from dictionary .com

julie21

deardelmar said:
Lev 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.
The 'sexual act' is an abomination, detestable. As stated in Lev 18:22 "it is abomination"...not "They are an abomination"

Sold Out

Clete said:
A Christian attitude toward homoism should be focused in three areas...

1. Christians should press for the recriminalization of homos; they should be executed upon conviction.
  2. There should be a very staunch social stigma attached to being a homo.
  3. Homos should repent of their preversion.

It should be in that order as they effect fewer individual people as you go down the list.

The point being that there is a lot more at stake than having some pervert like me. The very fabric of our society is at stake. The homo's feelings be damned becuase if they do not repent, not only will their souls will be damned but so will this nation be also.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Homosexuality is only ONE sin on the branch of the tree of sin. The ROOT problem is the sin nature. Pinpointing one sin and saying that it is worse than all the others is hypocrisy.

Rev 21:8, says, "But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

I Cor 6:9,10 says, "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

So, according to scripture LIARS, THIEVES, IDOLATORS, GREEDY, ADULTERERS, MURDERERS, HOMOSEXUAL OFFENDERS, DRUNKARDS, SLANDERERS, and SWINDLERS are all lumped together in the same group of those who will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Clete - Do have you committed any of the sins listed above? Have you ever lied, stolen, were greedy, slandered someone? That makes you just as guilty in God's eyes as the homosexual is.

It is absolutely true that homosexuality is wrong, but to single out that ONE sin and say homosexuals should be more harshly treated than other sinners is simply not biblical. You will NEVER win a homosexual to Christ with your attitude. All you will do is put them on the defense. Simply give them the gospel, let the Holy Spirit do it's work, and if that person does get saved, God will deal with the unhealthy desires in their heart.

Now for the homosexual who claims to be a Christian? I have a relative who claims that. I find it very hard to believe that she is actually saved. She completely agrees that lying is a sin, stealing is a sin, and so on and so on, but yet she chooses to sanctify the sin of homosexuality. We cannot pick and choose what is sinful and what is not. God decides that, and it has been revealed to us by His Word. All of us have the sin nature with the POTENTIAL to sin, whether it be fornication, adultery, homosexuality. The problem with homosexuals is that they think because they FEEL a certain way, that it must be right. We don't live by FEELINGS, but by FAITH, which is taking God's Word over our own. So for the homosexual Christian who adamantly states they are not committing sin by engaging in homosexual behavior, I have to say that I fear for you at the judgment seat of Christ.

beanieboy

Dread Helm said:
You can throw me in there with Clete. Except we want him executed by the Government, not murdered.

May the Holy Spirit fill your heart, that you may know God's peace and love.

beanieboy

BillyBob said:
Well, it looks like 'Faggot' isn't going to fly. [Sorry for ever calling you that, Beanie.]

So what do you guys think of 'Rump Ranger'?

'Queer'?

'Homo Erectus'?

'Fairy'?

'Freddy Mercury'?

As I said, call me what you need to.
Your choice, your accountability.
You Christ said, so as you have done to the least of these, you have done to me.

Explain to Jesus how you refered to him as the above names out of love, and uh, good luck.

beanieboy

God_Is_Truth said:
the likelihood of getting it through homosexuality is far greater.

what's exodus? and just because you haven't heard of it happening doesn't mean it hasn't. i believe freak said earlier that he's seen it happen.

i am not saying one cannot be a homosexual. i am saying one is forbidden (as a christian) from acting upon that desire.

Go to google and search on Ex-gays. You will also see links of ex-exgays (men who "recovered" who said that it was all a sham.)
I'm gay. I've met a lot of people, gay and straight, and have yet to meet one gay acquaintence who has suddenly changed into a heterosexual, or a heterosexual that used to be gay. Not one.

If you visited the website www.whosoever.org, or All God's Children, you will see that there are, indeed, gay christians.

Sold Out

beanieboy said:
Go to google and search on Ex-gays. You will also see links of ex-exgays (men who "recovered" who said that it was all a sham.)
I'm gay. I've met a lot of people, gay and straight, and have yet to meet one gay acquaintence who has suddenly changed into a heterosexual, or a heterosexual that used to be gay. Not one.

If you visited the website www.whosoever.org, or All God's Children, you will see that there are, indeed, gay christians.

Beanieboy - I think what people don't understand is that what you feel is genuine. BUT (and that's a big BUT), that does not make it right. What if a man decides to commit adultery on his wife, because he has a strong urge (or feeling) do to so? Does that make it right? No! Why? Because the bible says adultery is a sin. God is not nullifying your feelings by saying homosexuality is wrong - He is trying to protect you. All of us have the sinful nature that we fight. One person fights alcoholism, one person fights promiscuity, one person fights habitual lying, another fights stealing. Everyone has that ONE besetting sin that haunts us on a daily basis. Everyday we are up against the WORLD, the DEVIL, and the FLESH, and our worst enemy is the FLESH.

I would never condemn you because you say you are gay, but I'm not going to agree with you either. God has to have the last say. It is impossible to say that homosexuality is right when God's Word is plain that it's not. We don't make up the rules, no matter how we FEEL. FAITH IS NOT FEELINGS!!! You can't say that lying, stealing, adultery, slandering, etc are sins and that homosexuality is not. You are essentially saying that all other sins on the tree of sinfulness are in fact sin, yet you choose to sanctify the sin of homosexuality. You must identify that your homosexual feelings are a result of your sin nature as a whole, and choose to honor God over your feelings.

beanieboy

BillyBob said:
I call straight guys gay and mean it in a derogatory fashion. Now what do you think of that word?

Point being, I am not going to limit the words I use based on the words Jesus used. He never used the words 'Hypocrites' or 'vipers' either. As far as I know, neither of those words are Aramaic. :think:

Colossians 4:6 (New International Version)

6Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

And you aren't going to limit your words based on the guidelines of the bible?
You continue to aviod not responding to Justin's question.

JoyfulRook

Dave Miller said:
The tree that bears the fruits of hatred is a tree of hate. I pray that one day you will be
embraced by Love...

Dave
But I bear love, and tough love.
I live by Romans 12:9
Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

Other verses you might be interested in:

Psalm 119:163
I hate and abhor lying: but thy law do I love.

Amos 6:8b
saith the LORD the God of hosts, I abhor the excellency of Jacob, and hate his palaces: therefore will I deliver up the city with all that is therein.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sold Out said:
Pinpointing one sin and saying that it is worse than all the others is hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy? Where do you get that?
It's actually quite biblical that some sins are worse than others. Turbo posted the passages that show this on another thread.

Turbo said:
And that servant who knew his master's will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more. Luke 12:47-48

Then Pilate said to Him, "Are You not speaking to me? Do You not know that I have power to crucify You, and power to release You?"
Jesus answered, "You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin." John 19:10-11

You who judged your sisters, bear your own shame also, because the sins which you committed were more abominable than theirs; they are more righteous than you. Yes, be disgraced also, and bear your own shame, because you justified your sisters. Ezekiel 16:52

"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. Therefore you will receive greater condemnation.
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to win one proselyte, and when he is won, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves."
Mat. 23:14-15

"Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes. But I say to you, it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you. And you, Capernaum, who are exalted to heaven, will be brought down to Hades; for if the mighty works which were done in you had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day. But I say to you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment than for you." Mat. 11:21-24

In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, "I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow." Rev. 18:7

Clete - Do have you committed any of the sins listed above? Have you ever lied, stolen, were greedy, slandered someone? That makes you just as guilty in God's eyes as the homosexual is.

This is false. Clete has accepted Christ to cover those sins that he had so he is no longer guilty of them. beanieboy proudly and blatently continues to commit sinful acts, claiming that he has no need to ask Christ to forgive them.

It is absolutely true that homosexuality is wrong, but to single out that ONE sin and say homosexuals should be more harshly treated than other sinners is simply not biblical.

How many sins in the bible are referred to as an abomination? Why didn't God just call it a sin instead of using a very harsh term to describe this particular one?

Main Entry: abom·i·na·tion
Pronunciation: &-"bä-m&-'nA-sh&n
Function: noun
1 : something abominable
2 : extreme disgust and hatred : [size=-1]LOATHING[/size]
pixt.gif

You will NEVER win a homosexual to Christ with your attitude. All you will do is put them on the defense.

This is false and a pretty bold statement to make having nothing to back it up. I know several people personally who were former homosexuals that came to Christ because somebody cared enough not to sugar coat their condition and let them know of their doom if they didn't repent.

JoyfulRook

beanieboy said:
that you may know God's peace and love.
Like you do? :rolleyes:

I do know God's peace and Love.
But I also know his hatred for the wicked.

I believe in Leviticus 18:22
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
And Leviticus 20:13:
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Caledvwlch

Dread Helm said:
Like you do? :rolleyes:

I do know God's peace and Love.

I believe in Leviticus 18:22

And Leviticus 20:13:
Those Levites were some twisted fellows. Considering they didn't write any of those laws until during or after the captivity, it seems like they might have had an unfounded grudge or two. They also weren't particularly fond of Moabites. Should we also follow the Levitical law barring Moabite descendents from the presense of God forever?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Dave Miller said:
The tree that bears the fruits of hatred is a tree of hate. I pray that one day you will be
embraced by Love...

The Spirit doesn't bear fruit of sodomy or the love of that sin in another.