Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
julie21 said:
BillyBob...hypocrite = Matthew 7:5 re taking out the 'plank from thine eye ' ...as for the 'brood of vipers' I will stand corrected, as I am sure others who believed this will also take note.
I am not a student of Aramaic, therefore can only use the translatins I have here.

OK, if we are going to use the Bible and replace Aramaic words with English words wherever we want to such as you did with hypocrite, why can't I use 'faggot' in place of 'sodomite'?

julie21

WA...I sincerely apologise for the error I made in re the term you referred to from my post- 'maybe'. I stand corrected on it.
I will now state that if Christ had indeed used the term 'faggot' for a homosexual., then it would be seen as 'Christ-like' to use that term...yet the fact remains, in answer t the actual question put forward as the topic of this thread, that 'No', to call Beanie Boy a faggot is not Christlike.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
BillyBob said:
OK, if we are going to use the Bible and replace Aramaic words with English words wherever we want to such as you did with hypocrite, why can't I use 'faggot' in place of 'sodomite'?

Yes, I'm aware that 'hypocrite' is a Greek or Latin word originally, but it has been adopted into the English language. Either way, it isn't Aramaic and Jesus never used that word [most likely].

....we continue.......

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
:) ME

That's because that is what you call me.

You call WW, among others, names.

I just question it.

I don't think that Jesus walked up to Mary Mag. and said, "you are like a total skank. Well, y'are! Y'ARE!!!"
I think he went up and spoke to her with kindness, and gentleness, and she had never had anyone do that before, and that made a huge effect on her.

But, do what you wish.
15 people disagree with you, and 15 agree.
Make a choice which side to agree with, and live your life accordingly.

May God shine his face upon you, and give you peace.
Actually Jesus commanded the demons to come out of her. If you'd read your Bible you'd know that. So I doubt he was being "nice." And what about the Samaritan woman at the well? He may not have used the word slut, but he pretty much called her one.

julie21

wholearmor said:
How was your relative confronted with her sin? What exact words were used? Was she told she was a sinner?
She was told about how the God loves all mankind, and that He had not created woman to be with woman, nor man with man. That he set Adam and Eve in their relationship as the way He wanted all mankind to live relationally. Yes, she was told that it is a sin to live as a lesbian, and she was told in a loving, caring way...not called names with venom attached...if she had, I doubt that she would have listened...as I would not have either if I had been in her situation.
In fact, I would say that the person/people who helped her see the light, were shining the love of Jesus on her...as opposed to hating,and verbally abusing her for the way she had been living.

I woild also add, off topic a little, that I was told years ago that I was a sinner who needed the Lord and it was not delivered in a loving way at all...I know now that the person cared for my eternal soul, but that delivery attempt kept me even more 'stiff necked' than ever, and I believed them to be hypocritical, when they were touting Jesus as loving and good, yet they were seemingly abusing me for not being Christian.
Years later, someone else used another approach...one of love right from the start, and that time I saw that what was on the outside was the same as what was on the inside...they matched up...and so I listened and then acted upon what I heard, for in the latter, I both saw and heard the Jesus that I now believe in .

julie21

lighthouse said:
Actually Jesus commanded the demons to come out of her. If you'd read your Bible you'd know that. So I doubt he was being "nice." .
I would say that if He had left her with the 7 demons within her, then that woul not have been very 'nice' at all.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Caledvwlch said:
Well, of course he doesn't want to be left alone. We all come here to argue. Maybe learn something new, maybe not. But I think that perhaps treating him with respect regardless of his beliefs would be a courtesy easily imparted by the rest of us.
Why show him respect? Do you think God respects him? beanieboy doesn't repsect God. Why should God's children respect beanieboy? Especially in light of the fact that God doesn't.

wholearmor

julie21 said:
She was told about how the God loves all mankind, and that He had not created woman to be with woman, nor man with man. That he set Adam and Eve in their relationship as the way He wanted all mankind to live relationally. Yes, she was told that it is a sin to live as a lesbian, and she was told in a loving, caring way...not called names with venom attached...if she had, I doubt that she would have listened...as I would not have either if I had been in her situation.
In fact, I would say that the person/people who helped her see the light, were shining the love of Jesus on her...as opposed to hating,and verbally abusing her for the way she had been living.

I woild also add, off topic a little, that I was told years ago that I was a sinner who needed the Lord and it was not delivered in a loving way at all...I know now that the person cared for my eternal soul, but that delivery attempt kept me even more 'stiff necked' than ever, and I believed them to be hypocritical, when they were touting Jesus as loving and good, yet they were seemingly abusing me for not being Christian.
Years later, someone else used another approach...one of love right from the start, and that time I saw that what was on the outside was the same as what was on the inside...they matched up...and so I listened and then acted upon what I heard, for in the latter, I both saw and heard the Jesus that I now believe in .

So if this approach doesn't work with someone, then what?

Lovejoy

lighthouse said:
Why show him respect? Do you think God respects him? beanieboy doesn't repsect God. Why should God's children respect beanieboy? Especially in light of the fact that God doesn't.
Respect issued without regard to the nature of the person would be a thin thing indeed. I do everything in my power to love everyone, but that does not include a clause for respect. Just as forgiveness does not require renewed trust, love does not require respect. At least, not all types of love.

julie21

lighthouse said:
I would say show him both love and respect, because that is what differentiates us from being no more than animals. I see Jesus respecting the adultress in not Truthsmacking her with a sledgehammer, but merely pointing out that she should 'go and sin no more', then left her to go and make her choice. Tell me LH, how God in this instance, did not 'respect' her...I am truly interestedwith no malice attached.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
beanieboy said:
From www.godhatesfags.com

The word "fag" is a contraction of the word "faggot" (or, "fagot"). When traced through its etymological history, the word "faggot" simply means "a bundle of sticks used as fuel." See dictionary.com and thesaurus.com (where such words as "fuel" and "brimstone" are used as synonyms). "Scholars" can't decide when such a word began to be used in reference to homosexuals, so we'll give the answer here: "I have overthrown some of you, as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, and ye were as a firebrand plucked out of the burning: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the Lord." Amos 4:11. The word translated "firebrand" is the Hebrew word "uwd," which comes from a Hebrew verb meaning "to rake together" (or, "to gather together"). In short, the Hebrew word "uwd" is talking about burning sticks of wood that are gathered together. That is what the English word "faggot" means. Amos 4:11 could just as easily be translated "...ye were as a faggot plucked out of the burning..."

For those geniuses out there who are asking, "are you saying that God hates burning pieces of wood?", the answer is "no, we're using it as a figure of speech, just like the Bible uses it." It is an excellent metaphor to describe sodomites because they fuel God's wrath, they burn in lust, and they will burn in hell. In Amos 4:11, the "fag" is the person who is sinning after the manner of Sodom and Gomorrah, has seen other "fags" overthrown by God, and still refuses to repent. So, the word "fag" refers to people who sin like the Sodomites did. It not only refers to homosexuals, but also refers to people who support homosexuals (see Romans 1:32), and people who engage in all other relatively "lesser" perversions (like impenitent premarital sex and adultery, including the adultery of all of you divorced-and-remarried "born again Christians"). On this web site, we use the word "fag" in accordance with Amos 4:11.

For those of you who have deluded yourselves into thinking that the story of Sodom isn't really talking about homosexuals, read the following: the people of Sodom and Gomorrah had completely turned away from God, and whenever that happens, homosexuality abounds. Paul described this in Romans 1, and you can read the story of Sodom and Gomorrah in Genesis 19. Conditions in Sodom were so bad that it had become acceptable for men to surround Lot's house and ask to have sex with the men inside. Anybody who thinks that today is any different than those days needs to attend San Francisco's annual gay rights parade, stand along the parade route, and hold a sign that says "GOD HATES FAGS." You'll see and hear evidence of all of the sins of Sodom in just a few short hours (sodomy, violence, fornication, adultery, pride, sinful treatment of the servants of God, etc.) The same mob mentality that ruled the unlawful fags in the days of Sodom rules the unlawful fags today.

Is Fred acting Christ-like?
Well, Fred is an idiot. Divorce and remarriage, even if it is adulterous in nature, is not unforgivable. And God overlooks the sins of those who submit to Him.

But the rest of this should definitely prove to those who voted that it isn't Christ-like that God did very well use such terms in reference to the morally reprobate who rebelled against Him.

julie21

wholearmor said:
So if this approach doesn't work with someone, then what?
Then leave it for someone else to have a go, for it may be that you have just set the seed and someone else may need to come along and help it to grow...what, do you think 'bludgeoning' them into it, via derogatory terms and casting insults upon them is a better way...one that will bring them to their knees in repentance?
As I stated, it is my opinion and I know that it will not be yours. It wuld be good if a poll could be created to see how many of us sinners were converted by being Truthsmacked with a sledgehammer approach compared to those brought into His fold by way of a softer, seemngly more loving approach.

wholearmor

julie21 said:
Then leave it for someone else to have a go, for it may be that you have just set the seed and someone else may need to come along and help it to grow...what, do you think 'bludgeoning' them into it, via derogatory terms and casting insults upon them is a better way...one that will bring them to their knees in repentance?
As I stated, it is my opinion and I know that it will not be yours. It wuld be good if a poll could be created to see how many of us sinners were converted by being Truthsmacked with a sledgehammer approach compared to those brought into His fold by way of a softer, seemngly more loving approach.

So telling them what God really thinks of them is out of the question? You do know that God thinks of unrepentent, practicing homosexuals as disgusting perverts, right?