Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

Is calling Beanieboy a . . .

• Total voters

beanieboy

Jefferson said:
I'm a little confused about Bob Enyart's take on this issue. For example Bob used to sell products on his show called "Gay-Away" and "Dyke-Off" The word "dyke" is the female equivalent to the word "fag." Yet the following exchange took place this week on Bob's talk-show:

Maybe I'll call Bob's show to get him to clarify his position on this but I'm not sure I've got the time so if someone else wants to... But be sure to mention this thread that way TOL will get a nice plug! :)

I'm kind of curious what his position is on the tone of the thread.
As I see it, I think many have the same opinion as Fred, only they don't want to be associated with him, who is now in the habit of saying God Hates Pope, God Hates California... It's become his trademark. Instead of God's love, he preaches God's hatred.

Justin (Wiccan)

BillyBob said:
Uh oh, the 'No's outnumber the 'Yes's.

Does that mean we can't call Beanie a faggot now?

Are Christian standards of right and wrong decided by majority vote now?

What does Col 4:6 say?

Justin

beanieboy

BillyBob said:
Uh oh, the 'No's outnumber the 'Yes's.

Does that mean we can't call Beanie a faggot now?

:angel:

If you are a christian, you should base it on the bible, I suppose, and not the vote.
That is Justin's point.

I Col 4:
6Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.

As a Christian, ignore it or don't.

This is also Buddhist belief - that you speech be pure.

Ecumenicist

Jefferson said:
I'm a little confused about Bob Enyart's take on this issue. For example Bob used to sell products on his show called "Gay-Away" and "Dyke-Off" The word "dyke" is the female equivalent to the word "fag." Yet the following exchange took place this week on Bob's talk-show:

Maybe I'll call Bob's show to get him to clarify his position on this but I'm not sure I've got the time so if someone else wants to... But be sure to mention this thread that way TOL will get a nice plug! :)

Maybe Enyart's finally envisioning what hate talk can lead to, hate actions. Like Clete
wanting to have Beanie arrested and murdered. Now that's Christian...

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Well, it looks like 'Faggot' isn't going to fly. [Sorry for ever calling you that, Beanie.]

So what do you guys think of 'Rump Ranger'?

'Queer'?

'Homo Erectus'?

'Fairy'?

'Freddy Mercury'?

wholearmor

BillyBob said:
Well, it looks like 'Faggot' isn't going to fly. [Sorry for ever calling you that, Beanie.]

So what do you guys think of 'Rump Ranger'?

'Queer'?

'Homo Erectus'?

'Fairy'?

'Freddy Mercury'?

Pooper Patroller?

God_Is_Truth

beanieboy said:
Yes, the possibility of AIDS is a strong reprecussion.
World wide, there are more heterosexual cases than homosexual.
Having sex (even when married, if the other person cheats) opens you up to that possibility.

the likelihood of getting it through homosexuality is far greater.

I have yet to see it. When I was dealing with it in my late teens, I read a lot of literature. Exodus was started by 2 reformed homosexuals. They fell in love with each other, denounced the organization altogether.

what's exodus? and just because you haven't heard of it happening doesn't mean it hasn't. i believe freak said earlier that he's seen it happen.

I think there are gay, bi, and straight people.
I suppose bi people can choose one over the other, but men attracted to men don't become attracted to women. People argue that you can be conditioned to find women attractive. Should it be a struggle to find women attractive when heterosexual men do with no conditioning? They simply go from hating girls at 10 to thinking only about sex at 15. They don't go into a training program.

i am not saying one cannot be a homosexual. i am saying one is forbidden (as a christian) from acting upon that desire.

God_Is_Truth

beanieboy said:
It is hard to follow.

And I'm not saying one should love themself over others.

They should love themselves and others on a equal terms.

agreed.

If someone is called ugly and stupid, and then internalizes that, will they easily reach out to others? They have enough to try and reach out to themselves.
But if one feels good about themself, they will see another calling themself ugly and stupid, and offer words of comfort and encouragement. So, it comes internally.

for some people that's how it works, but not many.

As I said, for a Christian, who has Christ in his heart, is not the source of that love, then internal, from feeling love from God, and loving God, and going externally from that point?

The well can care for the sick, but they must take care of themselves to be well enough to offer care.

agreed.