Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Agape4Robin said:
Sometimes God works on the heart when we are least aware.
I trust God that, if beanieboy uses scripture to argue.....that God's Word will not come back void.

Don't be so haughty... :nono:

Did you even bother to read post #137?

C

cattyfan

beanieboy will continue to be unhappy as long as anyone dares to point out that homosexuality is wrong...it doesn't matter if you spit the most vile of words and if you couch it in the prettiest of terms. His problem is he wants us to all give a stamp of approval to his perversion...as long as he is unable to acknowledge that his sleeping with men is a sin, we will continue to see his endless posts misrepresenting Christ's Words.

And here is the difference between him and most of the rest of us: when someone points out my sin, or when I silently consider my own sin, I am ashamed...embarrassed...and I repent and pray for God's mercy. I don't puff up and pretend that God approves of my transgressions. beanie is unable to do this because if he did, he would have to confront the need to alter his lifestyle.

It's actually very sad.

Justin (Wiccan)

Dread Helm said:
I believe disparaging terms to the wicked are perfectly fine when used correctly.

Then why did you go through the effort of removing the word "disparaging" when you first posted it? You had it all there, cut-and-pasted, yet went back and removed the word.

Why did you edit your post to add the word "Disparaging" back in when I called you on it?

If it was "perfectly fine," why bother with the dishonesty?

Justin

JoyfulRook

Justin (Wiccan) said:
Why did you edit your post to add the word "Disparaging" back in when I called you on it?
Because it obviously made a difference to you and was relevant in our conversation. To me it is irrelevant.
The transitive verb form was "edited" too, and yet that wasn't relevant to you so I didn't change it. You want me to change it?

beanieboy

beanieboy said:
How is this hypocracy?

I come here because I'm unsure of what I think about Christianity.
So I come and speak to Christians.

I see something that goes agaisnt what the bible says, and point it out, and they ignore it, and turn it to me, saying that I need to repent.

Isn't hypocracy saying that you believe the bible, yet ignore it? That you think that you are exempt from following it, while another should?

Matthew 27
1Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 2"The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. 3So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. 4They tie up heavy loads and put them on men's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

This is saying that there are those that ask you to do as they say, and not as they do.l
This is true hypocracy.

If you choose to act unchrist-like, then don't claim to be a christian.

beanieboy

cattyfan said:
beanieboy will continue to be unhappy as long as anyone dares to point out that homosexuality is wrong...it doesn't matter if you spit the most vile of words and if you couch it in the prettiest of terms. His problem is he wants us to all give a stamp of approval to his perversion...as long as he is unable to acknowledge that his sleeping with men is a sin, we will continue to see his endless posts misrepresenting Christ's Words.

And here is the difference between him and most of the rest of us: when someone points out my sin, or when I silently consider my own sin, I am ashamed...embarrassed...and I repent and pray for God's mercy. I don't puff up and pretend that God approves of my transgressions. beanie is unable to do this because if he did, he would have to confront the need to alter his lifestyle.

It's actually very sad.

When someone points out that you are not acting in accordance with the bible that you claim to believe in, you don't puff up? You don't get angry and snide? You act ashamed?

With all due respect, that's not what I've seen.

Justin (Wiccan)

Dread Helm said:
Because it obviously made a difference to you and was relevant in our conversation. To me it is irrelevant.

Oh ... so if I quote one of your statements in the future, remove a single word (a word that changes the meaning of the sentence), and post it as your words, would that also be irrelevant?

And you did not answer why you removed the word in the first place.

Justin

JoyfulRook

Because it's irrelevant. The term faggot is a term for a homosexual man. Do you doubt that definition?

It is irrelevant, it doen't matter if it is disparaging.

C

cattyfan

beanieboy said:
you are making this thread about me

At the heart of this discussion is why people use a "derogatory" term to refer to gays and why do gays react badly when they are cited for what they are.

And the discussion is, in part, about you in particular, as you are the on on TOL who whines, cries, and misrepresents portions of the Bible in an effort to excuse or deny your sin.

Now that the glare of the spotlight is on your hypocrisy, you're uncomfortable...but, as always, you're revelling in the attention. Your desire to focus all discussions on you by steering threads to discussions of your personal habits belies your discomfiture with this thread.

beanieboy

Dread Helm said:
Because it's irrelevant. The term faggot is a term for a homosexual man. Do you doubt that claim?

How does this not sound like Fred Phelps?
Is Fred Phelps acting Christ-like?

Or is no one going to answer?

God_Is_Truth

beanieboy said:
But Jesus said, "love your neighbor as yourself."

If you hate yourself, you will probably not love your neighbor either.

if you hate yourself, you won't live long enough to have it be an issue.

beanieboy

cattyfan said:
At the heart of this discussion is why people use a "derogatory" term to refer to gays and why do gays react badly when they are cited for what they are.

And the discussion is, in part, about you in particular, as you are the on on TOL who whines, cries, and misrepresents portions of the Bible in an effort to excuse or deny your sin.

Now that the glare of the spotlight is on your hypocrisy, you're uncomfortable...but, as always, you're revelling in the attention. Your desire to focus all discussions on you by steering threads to discussions of your personal habits belies your discomfiture with this thread.

How am I hypocritical.

I am Buddhist. I believe in Buddhist writings and philosophy.

You are christian, you claim to believe in the bible.

Feel free to use Buddhist writings to show where I am not living as a Buddhist.

btw, please do not say that I am whining. I think that is unfair, and on par with name calling, when one is simply not in agreement with you.

I will say now, and repeat, that I am not looking for an excuse or your permission. I am living my life based on my choice. Please stop putting words in my mouth that were never there. Thank you.

Justin (Wiccan)

Dread Helm said:
Because it's irrelevant. The term faggot is a term for a homosexual man. Do you doubt that definition?

Ah, so, as I asked before, if I quote one of your statements in the future, remove a single word (a word that changes the meaning of the sentence), and post it as your words, would that also be irrelevant?

Justin