Interview a Member Thread

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You're a bit of a control freak. :Shimei: Did you start this thread? :smokie:
Nope. I just help Q with it and take care of the Archive thread. Did you read the OP?

This way the thread stays dedicated to the interviews. This thread is now effectively a discussion/request thread...

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. :e4e:

Quincy

You're a bit of a control freak. :Shimei: Did you [town heretic] start this thread? :smokie:

No, I did. He is just being gracious and kind by his character to help me with it. By the fake interview you posted mocking us I can tell my original assumption that you were being facetious at best (and most likely have nothing against me) by posting in here, was correct.

Now, I suggest we move on and past this. Serpent Dove, if you change your mind and want to take it serious, just post and let us know. I won't play this game.

rainee

Whoa Q! If Serpent Dove lost confidence right away based on what you said then a brusque or even defensive and snapping interview may be seen up there.
But to call it a fake interview? Was the information given a lie? Or a parody?

It looked like a fair interview based on your interviews even if it did resonate with distrust and maybe some anger at the idea of not getting a fair deal?

Can you see that if you step back a little?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"I just help Q with it and take care of the Archive thread."
Why? :idunno: Who asked you to do this?

"This way the thread stays dedicated to the interviews."
Why have you taken it upon yourself to provide an alternate thread? Your off site thread is as disorganized as this thread. Why is it locked by the way? I've never understood why people lock their threads.

"This thread is now effectively a discussion/request thread..."
But enough about me.

"Thank you in advance for your cooperation."
What do you think about me. :D

Quincy

So, today we wil have chickenmann's interview going up shortly as well as some Ten Quick question reponses.

Today I believe I have to send interviews to SOD and a few other people, unless I have already in which case.... :eek: . I had to delete some sent messages to keep my mailbox low so if you get an interview and you have already gotten one, just ignore it.

I'm going to be writing a short story for a madlib today, and I believe Arthur Brain will be the first to do one. Look for that soon too :e4e:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why? :idunno: Who asked you to do this?
I volunteered and Q accepted.

Why have you taken it upon yourself to provide an alternate thread?
I didn't. I liked what Q was doing and offered the 10 Quick as an additional window, then suggested a place where the interviews wouldn't get lost among the discussion--where they could be protected from spamming and become a sort of TOL record. But it was and remains his baby to my mind and he has the last word on it.

Your off site thread is as disorganized as this thread.
Don't read it? :D

Why is it locked by the way? I've never understood why people lock their threads.
Okay, enough off topic...PM me if you really want to know or ask me on my profile page. Else, please follow the OP invitation and thanks, again, for your cooperation.

:e4e:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"He is just being gracious and kind by his character to help me with it. By the fake interview you posted mocking us I can tell my original assumption that you were being facetious at best (and most likely have nothing against me) by posting in here, was correct."
I wasn't sure if you were referring to me when you stated that someone called you evil. :confused: Did I call you evil a while back? Are you a pro-abort? Pr 8:36. Do you believe homosexuality is a-okay? 1 Kin. 14:24. Are you a humanist? 2 Pe 3:4. Refresh my memory.

A few housekeeping items:

I try to have a short memory like a hockey player. :sharri:

"Now, I suggest we move on and past this. Serpent Dove, if you change your mind and want to take it serious, just post and let us know..."
A kind offer :e4e: but I have already been interviewed by a charming fellow. :skeptic:

Last edited:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Short memory like hockey :sharri:] "You appear to be very successful at that."
:thumb: You take your hits and move on (Phil 3:14) :mario: --you slash :sharri: their calves :idunno:--but people change. Love hopes all things (1 Cor 13:7).

Last edited:

Quincy

Here is a snippet of the madlib. If you are interested in doing the full thing, just let me know. I'll send you a copy of it and you can just fill it out on your own and send it to me.

The Story of ________

Throughout the history of _______, many great individuals have played a great _______ throughout the passage of time. _______ was a part of one such era. Now, for all ________ reason, _______ was a man of _________ nature. Born a peasant and condemned to a life of servitude, young _______ refused to accept his fate. At the tired old age of __, of human years, _______ decided he had to take action against the perceived _______ .

Just post here if you want to do it, and for reference sake, this is about 1/3 of the actually story.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Here is a snippet of the madlib. If you are interested in doing the full thing, just let me know. I'll send you a copy of it and you can just fill it out on your own and send it to me.

Just post here if you want to do it, and for reference sake, this is about 1/3 of the actually story.

Sure, I'll take a shot!

Son of Jack

What do you believe I am "doing"? :smokie:

You appear to be antagonizing others in this particular thread without good reason. Why make accusations about people (at least you appear to be doing that, and I apologize if you aren't)? Why do (what appears to be) a mock interview? Quincy and Town didn't have to do any of this, but I and many others really appreciate what they are doing. It takes time and effort. If you don't like them personally, that's fine. Might I just suggest that you confront them about what you don't like in a thread that's more appropriate for it?

PureX

I appreciate getting to glimpse the person behind the posts. It serves to remind me that even people I don't agree with are still people, pretty much like me or anyone else. I have friends in real life I definitely don't agree with about many things. But I can still love and appreciate them just the same. I like reading these interviews because it humanizes us.

But chicken man ... COAL BURNING CARS??? Man! Would that ever be a step in the wrong direction! haha