ECT If you want out of the deceptions of MAD read the rebuttal of Bullinger by Ironside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Notice the gradual change in the message, as Paul boldly states:

No, I don't see any changes in God's Word at all; gradual or otherwise.

You just have not studied your bible enough to discover God never changes . . . He is immutable and so is His Gospel promise.

The Gospel of God and the Gospel of Christ are the same, because Christ IS God and IS the one and only Saviour promised BY God.

You and Heir are revealing an amazing lack of theological knowledge, and you do not even know that much.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He preached this unto them:

Acts 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

that is not the gospel of Christ by which we are saved today. And Ephesians 4 does not make mention of your made up one gospelism.

Two different audiences.

You MADists somehow just can't understand that it made no sense to preach the same thing to a Jew raised under the law, and a Pagan Gentile who had no idea what the law even was.

john w

Hall of Fame
How was crossing the Red Sea a "baptism" according to Scripture?

Again, for the benefit of the sheep/babes, not Nag, as she too steeped in her Clavinist/Calvinist "the" church SOF, not studying, surveying, the details of "the volume of the book," as I, the great, humble saint John W, The Rifleman does, having an unteacheable "sprit," slumber, in her....

"Baptism is the outward symbol seen by man....." and all that jazz.

"Traditional" Christianity has it backward, since they refuse to rightly divide this word of truth. After being justified by being baptized into Christ, and being new creatures in Christ, with eternal life, having been raised, ascended, and seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus(up), "religion" wants to "bury" you(down) you under the element of water , which, as part of the earth, is under a curse, by being dunked until the tadpoles know your social security number.

Water baptism, throughout the OT/NT, was never viewed as "Death/Burial/ & Resurrection."

Baptism - changing the condition, identity, of something because of an action that was performed.; placing or putting something into another substance and performing an action so that it will change the state of the item from its previous condition-it's condition, status, or identity is changed!

Baptism- the idea of being placed into something (the Lord Jesus Christ's death in this dispensation), and an action is performed, so that when we come out we are changed from our previous condition. It is all about our identification; God takes what we are in Adam and places us into the Lord Jesus Christ, and God's action (crucifying the old man) changes our condition- now we are" in Christ." We are no longer what we were in Adam, because God has done something to us and in us. Our previous condition has been changed because of what God has done:

"Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead." Colossians 2:12 KJV

Buried with him-not like Him....details.....

" Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: {6} Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." Romans 6:3-6 KJV
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
Again:Baptism- 'to change the nature, identity, condition, status, and to IDENTIFY something with its purpose.. For example, Homer, in his book "The Odyssey", desribes the tempering of a sword. When the hot metal was plunged into water, the sword was "baptized" , and thus the change in the condition of the sword was from soft to hard metal. As another example, when a piece of cloth was placed into a dye vat for coloring, there was a change in the condition of the piece of cloth upon emergence from the vat-it had a new color.

Where is the water?

" But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. " Mt. 20:22-23 KJV

"And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized with shall ye be baptized". Mk 10:38-39 KJV

"And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:" Luke 12:50 KJV
__________________________________________________ __________

People assume baptism means "water". I can show you other passages where there is no water. There was no water on the cross. The basic idea is IDENTIFICATION for the purpose of change in condition/identity/status. Did you know that in biblical times, to dye a piece of cloth, you would "baptize" it, "overwhelm" it, "cover" it, in a vat of dye. The cloth would now have a "change in condition", a new "identity". The element was dye here. Look at:

"And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea...." 1 Cor. 10:2 KJV

They were identified with Moses.

Details....Exodus 14:16 KJV, Exodus 14:22 KJV="dry ground", Exodus 14:29 KJV,Exodus 15:19 KJV="dry land".

No water! The Egyptians were wet, not the Israelites. Get it?

Side bar.....Take it away, LORD God......

Let the thunderous applause commence, for such brilliance.

I know, I know....Nag: Bah!!!We "elect" will pray for you, my dear misguided MAD wacko John W....Even though prayer is quite irrelevant, as you are either "in," "elect," or "out," "un-elect."......Roll them dice.....Give me 2/7....!!!

Cricket

john w

Hall of Fame

You just have not studied your bible enough to discover God never changes . . . He is immutable and so is His Gospel promise.

The Gospel of God and the Gospel of Christ are the same, because Christ IS God and IS the one and only Saviour promised BY God.

You and Heir are revealing an amazing lack of theological knowledge, and you do not even know that much.

Translation: Professor Demas, my "the" church SOF says it all says the same thing, so I will be just fine, being "elect," and all..............

Danoh

Two different audiences.

You MADists somehow just can't understand that it made no sense to preach the same thing to a Jew raised under the law, and a Pagan Gentile who had no idea what the law even was.

Actually, STP has often addressed that very point as he understands it - two of Paul's three gospels.

I disagree with them on all that; but they do have an answer to that that they believe is sound.

lol - you need to rightly divide between actual MADs and Hybrids as "MADs."

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Again, for the benefit of the sheep/babes, not Nag, as she too steeped in her Clavinist/Calvinist "the" church SOF, not studying, surveying, the details of "the volume of the book," as I, the great, humble saint John W, The Rifleman does, having an unteacheable "sprit," slumber, in her....

"Baptism is the outward symbol seen by man....." and all that jazz.

"Traditional" Christianity has it backward, since they refuse to rightly divide this word of truth. After being justified by being baptized into Christ, and being new creatures in Christ, with eternal life, having been raised, ascended, and seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus(up), "religion" wants to "bury" you(down) you under the element of water , which, as part of the earth, is under a curse, by being dunked until the tadpoles know your social security number.

Water baptism, throughout the OT/NT, was never viewed as "Death/Burial/ & Resurrection."

Baptism - changing the condition, identity, of something because of an action that was performed.; placing or putting something into another substance and performing an action so that it will change the state of the item from its previous condition-it's condition, status, or identity is changed!

Baptism- the idea of being placed into something (the Lord Jesus Christ's death in this dispensation), and an action is performed, so that when we come out we are changed from our previous condition. It is all about our identification; God takes what we are in Adam and places us into the Lord Jesus Christ, and God's action (crucifying the old man) changes our condition- now we are" in Christ." We are no longer what we were in Adam, because God has done something to us and in us. Our previous condition has been changed because of what God has done:

"Buried [B]with him in baptism[/B], wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead." Colossians 2:12 KJV

Buried with him-not like Him....details.....

" Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: {6} Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin." Romans 6:3-6 KJV
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________
Again:Baptism- 'to change the nature, identity, condition, status, and to IDENTIFY something with its purpose.. For example, Homer, in his book "The Odyssey", desribes the tempering of a sword. When the hot metal was plunged into water, the sword was "baptized" , and thus the change in the condition of the sword was from soft to hard metal. As another example, when a piece of cloth was placed into a dye vat for coloring, there was a change in the condition of the piece of cloth upon emergence from the vat-it had a new color.

Where is the water?

" But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able. And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. " Mt. 20:22-23 KJV

"And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father. And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized with shall ye be baptized". Mk 10:38-39 KJV

"And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:" Luke 12:50 KJV
__________________________________________________ __________

People assume baptism means "water". I can show you other passages where there is no water. There was no water on the cross. The basic idea is IDENTIFICATION for the purpose of change in condition/identity/status. Did you know that in biblical times, to dye a piece of cloth, you would "baptize" it, "overwhelm" it, "cover" it, in a vat of dye. The cloth would now have a "change in condition", a new "identity". The element was dye here. Look at:

"And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea...." 1 Cor. 10:2 KJV

They were identified with Moses.

details....Eodus 14:16 KJV, Exodus 14:22 KJV="dry ground", Exodus 14:29 KJV,Exodus 15:19 KJV="dry land".

No water! The Egyptians were wet, not the Israelites. Get it?

Side bar.....Take it away, LORD God......

Let the thunderous applause commence, for such brilliance.

I know, I know....Nag: Bah....We "elect" will pray for you, my dear misguided MAD wacko John W....Even though prayer is quite irrelevant, as you are either "in," "elect," or "out," "un-elect."......!!!

Cricket

None of that product of cut and paste, answers my question.

Do a word study (of your own) and see what you can learn.

john w

Hall of Fame

Of course, that assertion of your, your SOF's assertion, is quite irrelevant to the argument, topic at hand. That is your MO on TOL-irrelevancy. Accept it.

God never changes in His attributes, Endora, but He does change in how He "deals" with man, in terms of what He expects of Him, via the principle of progressive revelation. Of course, since you're a biblical moron, not knowing the difference between the book of Jude, and "Judas Priest," you cannot see that. A 5 year old can see it.

No, they are not, biblical idiot, despite your SOF assertions. No one's faith was accounted for righteousness, by believing the gospel of Christ, as outlined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4, prior to the DBR's occurrence, in Matthew-John. They were required to believe the gospel of God-that was "the content of faith" required.You've been shown, chapter, verse, in which to soak that Calvinist "brain"(loosely used here).

Stunning shut down. TOL is bedazzled, by such debating skill. Teach us....Please?

john w

Hall of Fame
None of that product of cut and paste, answers my question.

Do a word study (of your own) and see what you can learn.

My post, vs. this loser's spam.

Contrasts.

You can't touch me, biblically, you embarrassing troll, barbiturate.

Get off this site, as we smell your sulfur/dung, right through the computer.

Am I clear, you satanic Calvinist devil "woman?" Good.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
My post, vs. this loser's spam.

Contrasts.

You can't touch me, biblically, you embarrassing troll, barbiturate.

Get off this site, as we smell your sulfur/dung, right through the computer.

Am I clear, you satanic Calvinist devil "woman?" Good.

I am "touching you" biblically. You are being exposed.

That is why your reactions are vile.

Status
Not open for further replies.