ECT If you want out of the deceptions of MAD read the rebuttal of Bullinger by Ironside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoh

Is the one baptism water or spirit?

Yo - STPism :)chuckle:) : did you know there are "MADs" who do hold to water baptism?

I did meet some "MADs" once, in my various travels; who practiced washing each other's feet.

Haven't personally met any water baptizing ones, first hand; but they do exist.

It remains interesting the different groups like yours that get one thing or another wrong :D

heir

TOL Subscriber
Nope - that's just you ever practicing your long set habit by now, of reading INTO the words of another, as you do with the Scriptures; thus, the hybrid of two very different, night and day approaches (Acts 9 / Acts 28) to the Scripture that you have erroneously concluded are "MAD."

At the same time; your double-standard of getting all bent out of shape when any of this is pointed out to you, only continues to be amusing.

You are not...all that.

None of us are - get over your arrogance; already.
No, you came right out and said it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is only one Gospel even though you "imagine" more than one there is only one. That is what MAD accomplishes division, confusion, duplicity, and making one UN-able to see the TRUTH.

Eph 4:4
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
Eph 4:5
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
He preached this unto them:

Acts 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

that is not the gospel of Christ by which we are saved today. And Ephesians 4 does not make mention of your made up one gospelism.

Danoh

No, you came right out and said it.

Searched for it myself, just now. Couldn't find it either.

Post it; if you find it, and we'll go from there.

Be ready to be proven once more, your having read a thing into another's words :chuckle:

john w

Hall of Fame

It remains interesting the different groups like yours that get one thing or another wrong :D

A Muslim, Buddhist, "atheist,"......challenging your Christianity: "It remains interesting the different groups like yours that get one thing or another wrong.Therefore, your faith is false."

You: Well, uh, urr, you see, we do not all agree, you see, on all topics, and we are wrong, often, but that does not discount the veracity of the Christian faith, you see, well, uh, urr......

Danoh

you divisive creep

No, heir-er, that is my one response, after all this time; and in jest toward him - to his many uses of his word "Danoheism" towards me.

You see; you ARE suffering from a very rabid case of bigotry going in to your posts to me.

:chuckle: :doh:

Danoh

A Muslim, Buddhist, "atheist,"......challenging your Christianity: "It remains interesting the different groups like yours that get one thing or another wrong.Therefore, your faith is false."

You: Well, uh, urr, you see, we do not all agree, you see, on all topics, and we are wrong, often, but that does not discount the veracity of the Christian faith, you see, well, uh, urr......

Barney: Well, some of us got it, some of us ain't.

:D

john w

Hall of Fame
Both as evidenced by Jesus, Paul, and all the Apostles being water baptized.

Don't obey Jesus and the example HE set we will see how that works out for you in eternity.

Jesus, Paul, and all the Apostles raised the dead, spoke in tongues(except the Saviour), went to Jerusalem 3 times/year, to keep the feasts, cast out devils, healed the sick, made the blind see, kept the law.......................

Do it.

Fraud. Poser-even you know it.

Danoh

Acts 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

that is not the gospel of Christ by which we are saved today. And Ephesians 4 does not make mention of your made up one gospelism.

Nope, he preached more than just that unto them - for that passage - Acts 9:20 - is AFTER he returned to Damascus from Arabia with his instructions to preach Christ in him among the heathen; which now also included Unbelieving Israel as spiritual Uncircumcision...

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Romans 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

dodge

You have no clue what "Christ" entails none, zero, nada, zero,and just so you know for your cults explanation to work there would have to be "2" Christs are there is only ONE.

john w

Hall of Fame
Nope, he preached more than just that unto them - for that passage - Acts 9:20 - is AFTER he returned to Damascus from Arabia with his instructions to preach Christ in him among the heathen; which now also included Unbelieving Israel as spiritual Uncircumcision...

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye. 7:52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers: 7:53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.

Romans 2:23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

No, he didn't preach the gospel of Christ, as outlined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV-you just asserted that. He preached the gospel of God:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God." Acts 9:20 KJV

Read it-"that"-details.

"But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ." Acts 9:22 KJV

Not until Acts 13....Hence, "Mid Acts"..... Paul presents the "outline" of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, the only gospel that will save in the current dispensation we are under:

Acts 13:28 KJV: And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain. = the death of the Lord Jesus Christ

Acts 13:29 KJV: And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.=the burial of the Lord Jesus Christ

Acts 13:30 KJV: But God raised him from the dead:... =the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ

Notice the gradual change in the message, as Paul boldly states:

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses. Acts 13:38-39 KJV

SaulToPaul 2

No, he didn't preach the gospel of Christ, as outlined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV-you just asserted that. He preached the gospel of God:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God." Acts 9:20 KJV

Read it-"that"-details.

"But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ." Acts 9:22 KJV

Not until Acts 13....Hence, "Mid Acts"..... Paul presents the "outline" of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, the only gospel that will save in the current dispensation we are under:

Acts 13:28 KJV: And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain. = the death of the Lord Jesus Christ

Acts 13:29 KJV: And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took him down from the tree, and laid him in a sepulchre.=the burial of the Lord Jesus Christ

Acts 13:30 KJV: But God raised him from the dead:... =the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ

Notice the gradual change in the message, as Paul boldly states:

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses. Acts 13:38-39 KJV

saint john w "the great hybrid"

Danoh

saint john w "the great hybrid"

You called that right, lol

The following is the Apostle Paul's Actual Ministry in Acts 9 - Way Before Acts 13....

Spoiler

This....

Acts 9:19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus. 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

and this...

Galatians 1:15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: 1:17 Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.

...are this...

Acts 9:19 And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. [...went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus.] Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.

9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

Meaning, he already had his instruction to preach Christ in him to the heathen; which now included Unbelieving Jews, and of course, Helenized Jews (Grecians).

Acts 9:29 And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him. 9:30 Which when the brethren knew, they brought him down to Caesarea, and sent him forth to Tarsus.

Where did he go?

Unto whom did he preach what?

Galatians 1:20 Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. 1:21 Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia;

Cilicia - that is WHERE Tarsus is.

Acts 21:39 But Paul said, I am a man which am a Jew of Tarsus, a city in Cilicia, a citizen of no mean city: and, I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people.

Who do we later read he had preached what to BACK IN ACTS 9?

Acts 15:23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:

Acts 15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment: 15:25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 15:26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15:27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth. 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well. 15:36 And some days after Paul said unto Barnabas, Let us go again and visit our brethren in every city where we have preached the word of the LORD, and see how they do. 15:40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren unto the grace of God. 15:41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.

What was said about his ministry among both those Jews and Gentiles he had preached unto?

Acts 21:17 And when we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly. 21:18 And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. 21:19 And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. 21:20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: 21:21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

21:25 As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

Was verse 21 true?

Romans 7:1 Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?

7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God. 7:5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. 7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.