If pot should be banned.. so should alcohol.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
My my, someone has been indoctrinated by High Times magazine.

I'll drink two beers the night before going into having a pre employment drug test, you smoke a joint, let's see who passes the test and who doesn't.

I said, "including the hangover." Does everyone who drinks beer stop at two?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Does everyone who drinks beer stop at two?

It depends on a person's tolerance level. My point is: drug testing isn't for people who consume alcoholic beverages responsibly, it's for those who use recreational drugs.

Which reminds me:

The doper said that Buffalo Wild Wings doesn't do drug testing (I proved him wrong with Cisco, but didn't bother to check the rest of his list).

We were there a few weeks ago and our server was a high as a kite (like he had stepped outside toked on his break). Not only was it unprofessional to see a employee in that condition, it's definitely a safety hazard not only for the doper and his fellow employees, but for the customers.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
It depends on a person's tolerance level. My point is: drug testing isn't for people who consume alcoholic beverages responsibly, it's for those who use recreational drugs.

Newsflash to aCW: Alcoholic beverages ARE recreational drugs, regardless of whether they are consumed responsibly or irresponsibly. What about the tens of millions of people who consume alcoholic beverages irresponsibly? And what of the millions of people who consume marijuana responsibly?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Newsflash to aCW: Alcoholic beverages ARE recreational drugs, regardless of whether they are consumed responsibly or irresponsibly. What about the tens of millions of people who consume alcoholic beverages irresponsibly? And what of the millions of people who consume marijuana responsibly?

According to He that wrote the universal moral code (The Bible), the responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages is not immoral, using mind altering drugs are.

I'll state once again what we need to do with our huge alcoholic problem:

Limit liquor sales (no sales on Sunday, have State owned liquor stores like we had in WA State).

Strictly enforce drinking in public laws and bring back public intoxication laws.

Don't legalize things that are part of the "let's go get hiiiiiigh" drug culture, marijuana being one of them.

Marijuana was legalized here in WA State back in 2011. Here's the marijuana addiction problem in this state prior to legalization, I wonder how bad it is now?

Treatment
 The number of persons living in Northwest HIDTA counties who received treatment for marijuana addiction increased 74% from 1999 to 2010 (6,309 to 10,966).18
 The number of persons living in Cowlitz, Kitsap and Spokane counties who received treatment for marijuana addiction increased over 100% from 1999 to 2010 (1,076 to 2,341).19
 The number of persons living in Clark County who received treatment for marijuana addiction increased over 165% from 1999 to 2010 (264 to 699).20
 The number of persons living in Benton County who received treatment for marijuana addiction increased over 200% from 1999 to 2010 (142 to 451).21

Impaired Driving
 The number of Washington State drivers found to be impaired by marijuana use increased 28%
from 764 in 2008 to 975 in 2010.23
 Among impaired Washington State drivers, the percentage found to be under the influence of
marijuana increased 13% from 17.2% in 2008 to 19.5% in 2010.24
 Drivers who test positive for marijuana or self-report marijuana use are more than twice as
likely as other drivers to be involved in motor vehicle crashes.25
http://adai.washington.edu/marijuana/factsheets/marijuana_WA_state.pdf

Dope is bad news, but like I said in my first post: You dopers love your drugs more than life itself.

Galatians 6:7-8

Unfortunately a lot of innocent people will do down with you.

On that note: I've had enough of you dopers.

WichitaJohn

I don't understand how employers who drug test is relevant. My employer does not check. If they did there is no doubt that some people would not have been hired. If they did random tests some people would be fired. If they did a pee test for alcohol every morning there would be people who would be fired after a night of partying until 4am and then coming to work hung over. At a previous job I had a man came into work at 7am glassy eyed and smelling of beer and acting all goofy. At one point he asked our boss if he wanted to go out to the parking lot and wrestle for fun. At my current job a man came back from his lunch break all squinty eyed and smelling like pot. He was eventually fired for being a lousy employee and missing a lot of work. Employers have the right to require drug testing but that would be a private contract between the employer and employee.

shagster01

I don't understand how employers who drug test is relevant. My employer does not check. If they did there is no doubt that some people would not have been hired. If they did random tests some people would be fired. If they did a pee test for alcohol every morning there would be people who would be fired after a night of partying until 4am and then coming to work hung over. At a previous job I had a man came into work at 7am glassy eyed and smelling of beer and acting all goofy. At one point he asked our boss if he wanted to go out to the parking lot and wrestle for fun. At my current job a man came back from his lunch break all squinty eyed and smelling like pot. He was eventually fired for being a lousy employee and missing a lot of work. Employers have the right to require drug testing but that would be a private contract between the employer and employee.

I believe a company should have the right to fire me if I'm a lousy employee, but not because of the content in my urine.

bybee

I believe a company should have the right to fire me if I'm a lousy employee, but not because of the content in my urine.

I worked in the operating room. I want colleagues who perform at their best on behalf of the patient. In the O.R. we worked as a team. A pothead is not at his/her optimum ability to respond to whatever might happen.

shagster01

I worked in the operating room. I want colleagues who perform at their best on behalf of the patient. In the O.R. we worked as a team. A pothead is not at his/her optimum ability to respond to whatever might happen.

Then that pothead will get fired based on his poor performance.

I also work at a hospital and in the 10 years I've worked there I have never heard of anyone ever getting randomly tested. In fact, our employee handbook states that they won't. And we rate as a top 50 hospital in the US (top 20 for cardiovascular care) and weed is legal here!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As well as cigarettes and their link to SIDS.

Neg rep for evil and stupidity. It takes a real low life to try and link smoking a Camel with murder. Not to endorse lighting off a Camel. :plain:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm talking about THIS topic. In THIS topic who he made wine for is irrelevent. The fact that he made wine at all is all that matters for THIS topic.

There is no Biblical prohibition to drinking alcohol. The prohibition is to being a drunk. Which is why marijuana usage should be illegal as the purpose is to altar the state of mind mildly or greatly.

But the purpose of Brandy with my cigar is the palate.

shagster01

There is no Biblical prohibition to drinking alcohol. The prohibition is to being a drunk. Which is why marijuana usage should be illegal as the purpose is to altar the state of mind mildly or greatly.

But the purpose of Brandy with my cigar is the palate.

What the Bible says has nothing to do with American law.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
misdirection noted

You said marijuana is not addictive or toxic. Why are you trying to misdirect? Is it because you got caught thinking nobody knows any different?

You are full of fraud and deceit.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What the Bible says has nothing to do with American law.

You brought up the Bible and the Lord Jesus Christ drinking wine. Why are you misdirecting the statements needed to make your case about wine?

shagster01

You brought up the Bible and the Lord Jesus Christ drinking wine. Why are you misdirecting the statements needed to make your case about wine?

I'm not. Keypurr was arguing that all alcohol should be illegal. I pointed out to him that would have made Jesus an illegal bootlegger.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
You said marijuana is not addictive or toxic. Why are you trying to misdirect? Is it because you got caught thinking nobody knows any different?

Okay, well let me clarify my point. When I stated that "marijuana is virtually non-toxic," that was incorrect. Marijuana is toxic--especially when smoked, as all smoke is toxic. But marijuana is less toxic than alcohol or even many pharmaceuticals that get prescribed and administered by doctors every day. It is also less addictive than alcohol.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm not. Keypurr was arguing that all alcohol should be illegal. I pointed out to him that would have made Jesus an illegal bootlegger.

And I showed you what the prohibition is, and it is not consumption of alcohol. You made the connection to laws and the Bible. Are you high right now or something? Good grief....

bybee

Then that pothead will get fired based on his poor performance.

I also work at a hospital and in the 10 years I've worked there I have never heard of anyone ever getting randomly tested. In fact, our employee handbook states that they won't. And we rate as a top 50 hospital in the US (top 20 for cardiovascular care) and weed is legal here!

How nice.