ECT If MAD is False What Does Hebrews 6:4-6 Mean for Us?

Right Divider

Body part
That's because God made covenants with Israel. In fact, in Abraham's day God made covenants with no other nation or nations.

God told Abraham all nations would be blessed by Abraham's name.

Paul explained that means they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. (Galatians 3:7 KJV)

A couple of verses later Paul says, "So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham." (Galatians 3:9 KJV)
None of that forces God's hand into replacing Israel as the head of the nations on earth (when God is done dispensing His GRACE freely to all without distinction).

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
No on the duh. In Jn 13-17 those guys were in his body, his vine, his fold. People who invent artificial distinctions and think they know the Bible are the problem.
If you can find Jesus referring to them as the Body of Christ I'll concede. But I already know you won't, because Paul is the only one who ever used that term. And that's not an artificial distinction; it's a fact.

Nah, I aint Madist !
Clearly. Because everything you claim MAD is is made up.

My point is that if God expects us to forgive someone repeatedly, I think He will forgive us repeatedly.

Or do you think He discards us if we make one mistake?
I think that in this dispensation once we are forgiven and that's it. He doesn't repeatedly forgive us because He has already forgiven us. It's pointless to keep giving us what we already have.

Interplanner

If you can find Jesus referring to them as the Body of Christ I'll concede. But I already know you won't, because Paul is the only one who ever used that term. And that's not an artificial distinction; it's a fact.

I think that in this dispensation once we are forgiven and that's it. He doesn't repeatedly forgive us because He has already forgiven us. It's pointless to keep giving us what we already have.

You guys have all your distinctions (BOC) as though the thing was written at the Cleveland office of the IRS to be legally exact. It's not that way at all.

Interplanner

God does not justify anyone who does not think he needs it.

Danoh

God does not justify anyone who does not think he needs it.

Here, Lighthouse's words a bit slower...just for you...

"...in this dispensation....once we are forgiven....that's it...He doesn't... repeatedly...forgive us...because He has...already...forgiven us...It's pointless...to keep giving us
..what...we already have."

Try your formula on it - repeat it a dozen times...real...slow...

:chuckle:

SimpleMan77

Oh, and by the way Paul clearly lets us know this saint who has fallen into fornication is not saved at the time of his letter.

Thankfully he repented, and Paul later instructed the church to reinstate him.

It's ridiculous to think of God forcing someone to spend eternity with Him if that person decides they don't want anything to do with the things of God.

As crazy as that decision would be, some choose to make it. God will try His best to woo them back, but if they reject Him until the end He will not forcibly abduct them.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

SimpleMan77

Paul addressed the sin of a saint in 1 Cor 5. A couple of points to be made by this story:

1) this previously saved saint was not saved at this point. Paul instructed them to turn him over to Satan for the destruction of his body, so his soul COULD BE SAVED.

2) Paul said that this person NEEDED TO REPENT, by having true godly sorrow. God was ready to forgive, but at the time the letter was written God was holding this son against the person.

SimpleMan77

Here, Lighthouse's words a bit slower...just for you...

"...in this dispensation....once we are forgiven....that's it...He doesn't... repeatedly...forgive us...because He has...already...forgiven us...It's pointless...to keep giving us
..what...we already have."

Try your formula on it - repeat it a dozen times...real...slow...

:chuckle:
[MENTION=16688]Danoh[/MENTION] [MENTION=2492]Lighthouse[/MENTION]

1 John 1:9 - 2:2
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Written to People who were already Christians, and even if there was a new dispensation after the mid point of Acts, this was written after that. It's relevant to us.

If we confess our sins (to God, it never says to another person), He is faithful and just to forgive.

musterion

They may not realize they do. ONe of them just said a person is forgiven once in their life; they don't need to keep asking for it.

You've made your salvation dependent upon the continued work of repentance, despite Col 2:13. You're just another confessionalist, only without the whisper box with the collar on the other side of the screen. Same false plan of salvation...all sins are not wiped so confess or else it's the Lake.

You do not know, or do not believe, what co-death with Christ and justification in Him means.

Danoh

You've made your salvation dependent upon the continued work of repentance, despite Col 2:13. You're just another confessionalist, only without the whisper box with the collar on the other side of the screen. Same false plan of salvation...all sins are not wiped so confess or else it's the Lake.

You do not know, or do not believe, what co-death with Christ and justification in Him means.

Yep :thumb:

Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. 5:2 Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing. 5:3 For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. 5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. 5:7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth? 5:8 This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you. 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Verse 5's "by faith" is the means of how we avail ourselves of this "hope."

It is now our hope, Rom. 5:1, by virtue of the fact that in the very moment we believed the gospel of our salvation, Eph. 1:13; the Spirit right then and there sanctified us, 1 Cor. 6:11, placed us into a living union with Christ in Him, 1 Cor. 12:13; made us...the righteousness of God in His Son, 2 Cor. 5:21.

We have that now. It is our hope now. It is ours...in Christ...alone, Gal. 3:21.

And it is a present possession that neither a work (in Paul's day: Circumcision) nor it's absence (in Paul's day: Uncircumcision) can avail, or make ours.

For just as only faith would do towards our salvation, Rom. 4:24-25, only faith will now do, Col. 2:6.

It was, and is...faith...that will do. And faith alone that can do.

Because it was not only faith worked, or motivated, or empowered by His love that availed us our hope, Rom. 5:5-8; but faith that now continues to work or be empowered by His love, Gal. 2:20...as we come to understand His love more and more, as we study His Word, rightly divided, 2 Tim. 2:15, or laid out aright - that is...as to the difference between how motivation to serve worked under the Law, and how it works under Grace, Rom. 6:14-15; and then focus daily on the fact that we have been made accepted in the Beloved, Eph. 1:6; due to His great love wherein He so loved us, that He gave Himself for us, Gal. 1:4.

That said...

"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost" Rom. 15:13.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Written to People who were already Christians, and even if there was a new dispensation after the mid point of Acts, this was written after that. It's relevant to us.

If we confess our sins (to God, it never says to another person), He is faithful and just to forgive.

What happens if you should die before confessing ALL of your sins, then?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Heb 6:4-6 is pretty simple to understand in light of the entire NT. It's obvious that God forgives, even when we knowingly sin.

Jesus commands us to forgive someone 70x7 times in one day, even if it's the same offense, and God would never ask us to do something He wouldn't do.

In light of that, fall away means that we turn away from the truth, and try to find reconciliation to God in that "fallen away" state. There is no repentance until we first rectify the "falling away" - until we return to Calvary.

This is why it says concerning these people that the reason it is impossible to renew them to repentance is that they are crucifying him afresh with their actions, and putting Him to shame on an ongoing basis.

Until they make the decision to stop crucifying Him there can be no repentance.

Of course you do realize that the writer of Hebrews is pertaining to the HEBREWS, correct? He's not speaking to the Body of Christ (The Church)

Danoh

You are confused.

Chapter one is not addressing the same people as the beginning of chapter two.

Chapter one is addressing Israelites whose heart was like that of those in...

Matthew 3:1 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, 3:2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. 3:3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. 3:4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey. 3:5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan, 3:6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins. 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 3:8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham. 3:10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

And those in...

John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father. 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God. 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not. 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me? 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us; ) 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. 1:4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full. 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Notice it again...

John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

John 8:39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

John 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.

His reply...

John 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
As Paul traveled throughout Rome and Greece, Christians baptized each other with buckets and spoons. It's not something that Paul taught to anybody, period. You all just labor under 'prayerism'- everything can be replaced with platitudes and lukewarm vows.
Without the righteousness of God upon you by the faith of Jesus Christ (Romans 3:21-22 KJV) having believed 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV as the event sufficient for salvation, you are just another religious, but lost soul (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).