I will not vote for trump

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Aww, come on, he's a nice guy. He wants to do good
But can he do well? :think: That's the real question.

I didn't vote for Trump in the primaries, but a record number of voters did. The most likely reason is anger with the establishment in Washington.
And the absence of sobriety checkpoints near polling places. :plain:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
This is interesting:

Voters in Pennsylvania and four other battleground states are less likely to vote for incumbent Republicans who support Donald Trump, according to a new survey by Public Policy Polling.

In Pennsylvania, 40 percent of likely voters said Mr. Toomey’s support of Trump makes them less likely to vote for the senator while 22 percent said it makes them more likely to.

That doesn't surprise me. When I voted in my state's primary, I withheld my vote for my state representative for that exact reason.

I think for me it would depend on how they support Trump. Is it reluctantly or happily? Lots of people vote for their party just to stop the other side. I imagine that is even harder to avoid for elected officials.

On Toomey, I read an article today that said his willingness to compromise on gun issues might help him. McGinty is saying it's just political calculus, which doesn't seem completely fair.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I didn't vote for Trump in the primaries, but a record number of voters did. The most likely reason is anger with the establishment in Washington.

this is true
-but
-ask them what they were mad about
-they elected republicans in 2010 and they did nothing
-what were they supposed to do?
-stop obamacare and impeach obama?
-obamacare was a done deal and you need the senate to impeach obama
-and they forget obama was reelected in 2012
-what were they supposed to do?
-shut down the government?
-it would have hurt their chances to get control of the senate in 2014
-they don't seem to understand
-the only reason republicans win is when democrats stay home
-the only way the democrats win is with the woman and mexican vote
-so who did trump go after?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Donald Trump doesn't brag about his poll numbers anymore, and no wonder

Donald Trump used to love nothing more than boasting about his poll numbers: His recitation of them was a staple of his campaign speeches.

There's little to boast about now.

A new Washington Post/ABC News survey finds the share of Americans with a negative view of Trump rose sharply since last month...

...Now, one year to the day after he announced his campaign, Trump has a new line: denouncing "phony polls."

:chuckle:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
AP FACT CHECK: Facts undercut Trump's post-Orlando arguments
TRUMP: "We are taking in thousands of people into our country. We have no idea where they come from, we have no idea who the hell they are. We know they believe in certain things that we don't want to believe in."

THE FACTS: It's not true that the government knows nothing about refugees who come to the United States.

The State Department's Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration keeps detailed records about how many refugees arrive monthly, and from where. The information is available to the public online through the agency's Refugee Processing Center (www.wrapsnet.org). The arrival information is broken down by country and region.

In May, for example, 6,511 refugees were resettled in the United States. The Democratic Republic of the Congo had the largest number of refugees who arrived last month, 1,274.

Annual data about immigrants is also available from the government through the Homeland Security Department's Yearbook of Immigration Statistics.

Would-be immigrants and refugees are screened to ensure they haven't been identified by intelligence agencies or law enforcement as having ties to terrorist organizations or criminal records. But people's belief systems are not generally considered as part of their applications to move to the United States.

[h=1]Top 10 US Refugee Admissions by Country (2015)[/h]​

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
-20 million idiots voted for perot in 1992
-they elected clinton
-13 million idiots voted for trump in 2016
-they elected clinton
-history repeats itself
-there's an idiot born every minute

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The biggest idiots didn't vote for Trump