I will not vote for trump

Timotheos

So ... his being an loudmouth, bullying misogynistic adulterer isn't an issue for you?

There are a lot of reasons to not vote for Trump. Nobody can put all of them into one post.
Being a loudmouth bullying misogynistic adulterer is a very good reason to not vote for Trump, and Chrys included "promotes hatred" as one of the reasons.

Timotheos

I'd vote for Kasich over any other GOP nominee, if I was voting for a GOP nominee.

The primary is coming up next in my state. I would vote for Kasich if he had any way to become the candidate, but it is mathematically impossible so I don't know why he hasn't already dropped out. I have nothing against Kasich, other than he only seems to be in the race to help the Trump/Clinton team.

Cruz has the best chance of beating Clinton, but first he has to beat Trump. Trump has no chance of beating Clinton. The democrats who are voting for him in the republican primaries are not going to vote for him in November. They'll vote for a democrat.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
I agree with most of the negatives Google lists on this subject. Pick one, and I'll tell you whether I agree or not. Meanwhile, I won't be spending a lot of time on something that is obvious to many people. It would be much easier to list what Obama has done that's positive for America - nothing. His legacy is making a mess out of America and the world.

Pretty much the deal, I can't count on one hand anything productive the man has done.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The primary is coming up next in my state. I would vote for Kasich if he had any way to become the candidate, but it is mathematically impossible so I don't know why he hasn't already dropped out. I have nothing against Kasich, other than he only seems to be in the race to help the Trump/Clinton team.

Cruz has the best chance of beating Clinton, but first he has to beat Trump. Trump has no chance of beating Clinton. The democrats who are voting for him in the republican primaries are not going to vote for him in November. They'll vote for a democrat.

He hasn't dropped out because he still has a message to deliver and a campaign to run. He's said he absolutely wouldn't be Trump's running mate if asked, and that Trump's biggest assist has come from the media, and I certainly agree with that. If you wonder who drives elections, consider the media.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You have trouble taking pretty blunt hints, so I'll spell it out for you. I don't have the time or the inclination to list the ways in which Obama has tried to destroy America. In other words, I'm not going to list them for you.

At least I got your reasons for not answering me, and they didn't come from Google. And I understand, because I often don't have the time or inclination to answer questions, so fair enough.

Here's why I was having trouble taking pretty blunt hints pressing you:

When I came to TOL, it was right after the 2008 elections. January 2009, the first month of Obama's presidency. I was a strong conservative, politically, socially, religiously. Republican, pro-life, talk radio, right wing message boards, everything, you name it. I was swimming in confirmation bias and I didn't know it.

I'm very, very familiar with the way conservatives talk and think, and I know that a lot of them (I'm sure this happens on the far left also) simply repeat the same tropes over and over again without questioning them, and for months and months through that 2008 primary season I heard about how Obama was going to destroy America. The photo of him sitting on the couch smoking... remember how often that was posted? His connection to Ayers. Chicago. His birth certificate. His college records. Whether he even deserved to be there. Who wrote his book. On and on.

So I've been at TOL since Obama's inauguration, and watching similar here - and yet, eight years later and no sign of Obama taking that "third term" they were talking about. Remember that? Obama was going to make use of those FEMA camps, and call out the national guard, and take a third term by force. Except he didn't.

I was hoping you could give me an idea of how you came to believe Obama had done everything possible to destroy America. Because if he really had done what you say, he didn't do a very good job of destroying us. That's what checks and balances are for. And if he really wasn't, I hope you'll consider why he didn't, and how he couldn't even if he did what a lot of people actually wanted him to do, just so they could justify why they hate him so much. It'll take time to look back on his presidency and view it without the fog of current events and high emotion, but I suspect that like most presidents, he did some good and some bad and a lot of mediocre, and a lot of the mediocre has to do with the house and senate a president has to work with. Talk about doing damage.... look to Congress.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
so
-you blame republicans
-even though obama has been president for over seven years
-even though the democrats controlled the senate five of those years
-even thought the democrats controlled everything two of those years
-what did you expect the republicans to do?
-shut down the government?
-what would that have accomplished?
-and now you expect to beat hillary with trump?
-you are truly idiots
-it will have to get worse
-and you will have to look for another savior

kmoney

Hall of Fame
:think: Would Chrys vote for Donald on a boat?...Would he vote for him with a goat?

He could not, would not, on a boat.
He will not, will not, with a goat.
He will not vote for him in the rain.
He will not vote for him on a train.
Not in the dark! Not in a tree!
Not in a car! You let Chrys be!
Chrys does not like him in a box.
Chrys does not like him with a fox.
Chrys will not like him in a house.
Chrys does not like him with a mouse.
Chrys does not like him here or there.
Chrys does not like him ANYWHERE!

He does not like this Donald Trump!

He does not like that Republican Chump!

:rotfl:

:BRAVO:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
At least. :plain: He finds Trump hate filled? He emphasized that as a troubling point, but

So maybe the only thing consistent, ultimately, about chrys is his inconsistency when it suits him coupled with an inability to take ownership of it.

Those aren't the same. On one hand you have people voting for Republicans for their own hateful reasons. On the other hand you have a Republican candidate running on a campaign of hate (allegedly). chrys wants you to vote R regardless of the reasons. He doesn't want candidates to run based on hate. People seeing hate and supporting it or thinking you're the closest to it is different from someone actually running on it.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Which response? I'm glad to clarify, as soon as I understand what you're looking for. :eek:

Here's the exchange....

rocketman: Better a few good posts from him than a lifetime on TOL endlessly posting "Vote Republican" and then becoming a turncoat when the nominee doesn't fit your personal political framework. Face it, the RINO/Wig party is finished, killed by their own hand, they have destroyed their own party through cronyism, and ignoring their voting base. They deserve Donald Trump if he becomes the nominee which is looking increasingly likely.

you: In chrys' defense, maybe he never thought it possible that there could be so many GOP voters willing to choose party over principle.

me: Is that what you think Trump supporters are doing?

you: The ones who will vote for Trump if he's the nominee, all the while saying he wasn't really their first choice, they would've voted for Cruz, or Carson, yada yada yada - Yes, that's what I believe.

After going over it more I think I know what you are saying. However I still am unsure if I agree. You're saying that chrys is going with principle over party, whereas there are a lot of people who are willing to go party over principle by voting for Trump despite not wanting him. But, couldn't others have said the same thing to chrys before when he wanted everyone to vote Republican? People were just using different principles. :idunno:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The ones who will vote for Trump if he's the nominee, all the while saying he wasn't really their first choice, they would've voted for Cruz, or Carson, yada yada yada - Yes, that's what I believe.

I was a Trump supporter from the start, my post history can easily prove that all the way from when I first joined.

Hes probably going to win
And
I've made fun of all the Trump haters along the way

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Umm.....Congratulations???

:liberals:

I also reported that people are wasting their time with the other nominees, denying the inevitable

image.png

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Those aren't the same. On one hand you have people voting for Republicans for their own hateful reasons. On the other hand you have a Republican candidate running on a campaign of hate (allegedly). chrys wants you to vote R regardless of the reasons. He doesn't want candidates to run based on hate. People seeing hate and supporting it or thinking you're the closest to it is different from someone actually running on it.
It's a fair point. I'd respond by saying that Chrys wants you to help him destroy the Democratic party and to advance the Republican party because of its stand on abortion. He's stated that in the past repeatedly and dismissed those who have taken exception to a particular candidate for the White House based on his party-first notion. That same notion is indifferent to the hatred of the voter. Why should it be sensitive to the disposition of the candidate, outside of the plank/issue and result?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
People voting on account of views on abortion need to move to another country. That's what it boils down to of all things? Really? :freak:

What a bunch of self-righteous fools.

journey

People voting on account of views on abortion need to move to another country. That's what it boils down to of all things? Really? :freak:

There's nothing foolish about having religious convictions that oppose abortion. This fight will go on, regardless of your opinion. Many would call you the fool.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You seem to represent the "Nit-Wits" of the world? Is it possible for you to travel around this great country of ours and make some "numskull speeches?"

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
-what we have here is a failure to communicate

-is that why you are talking to yourself?

-reason and logic demands it

-so what is this all about?

-trump

-they are making it about you

-I am encouraged by your insight

-why shouldn't it be about you?

-I am making an exception

-and trump is an exception

-no one can disagree with that

-you forget there are a lot of idiots here

-do you have to call them that?

-they love insults