I will not vote for trump

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
had what wrong?
-the rule still stands with a single exception
"I don't like the candidate now it's okay for me to not vote Republican" isn't an exception. It's a special pleading and hypocritical. My solution was neither.

But I did say I didn't expect you to approach from that angle.

That's why you're catching it in the teeth from so many, chrys. For a very long time you demanded that people of good conscience had to vote republican.

Many of the people you routinely excoriated then felt the same way you do now.

-until
-another trump comes along
-do you see trump as an exception?
-we need to know how you feel about him
I don't find him exceptional in many senses. Like I've said, repeatedly, he's just another Wallace.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That's why you're catching it in the teeth from so many, chrys. For a very long time you demanded that people of good conscience had to vote republican.

there are rules
-and
-there are exceptions
-and
-until you learn to think for yourself
-you will just have to take my word for it

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
and what makes you think trump will be an exception to the republican policy of doing nothing about abortion?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
there are rules
-and
-there are exceptions
Here's the problem with you attempting to make this some ambiguously arrived at exception: you rejected the exceptions of others who felt strongly about this or that Republican candidate. You said it was about something larger. Until you didn't like the candidate. That's, again, not an exception. Those tend to be on principle and not person. So if you think it's a sin to drink fermented grape except for religious purposes, then the exception applies to you and to all, within your standard. But if you're taking a swig because you could really use one, that's not an exception, it's hypocrisy.

And there's nothing exceptional about that.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Here's the problem with you attempting to make this some ambiguously arrived at exception: you rejected the exceptions of others who felt strongly about this or that Republican candidate. You said it was about something larger. Until you didn't like the candidate. That's, again, not an exception. Those tend to be on principle and not person. So if you think it's a sin to drink fermented grape except for religious purposes, then the exception applies to you and to all, within your standard. But if you're taking a swig because you could really use one, that's not an exception, it's hypocrisy.

And there's nothing exceptional about that.

you obviously do not see trump as the exception
-and
-that doesn't surprise me

-one way or another
-the vast majority see him as an exception
-try arguing against that

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
you obviously do not see trump as the exception
You keep saying that like it means something more than you don't find him acceptable as a candidate.
-and
-that doesn't surprise me
Doesn't surprise me to see you scrambling to make this about anything other than your double standard, suddenly revealed and your unwillingness to own the mistake you couldn't begin to admit to...I said as much when I noted the way out through taking ownership.

-one way or another
-the vast majority see him as an exception
There's nothing exceptional about not wanting to get behind a candidate you don't care for...though you once tried to make it so.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I have made my objections very clear
-trump promotes hatred like no other republican candidate
-hatred of mexicans
-hatred of muslims
-hatred is present at everyone of his rallies

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I have made my objections very clear
-trump promotes hatred like no other republican candidate
-hatred of mexicans
-hatred of muslims
-hatred is present at everyone of his rallies
No one said you didn't. :plain: It's equally clear that you reserve the right to vote against a party's candidate simply because you don't like the candidate. Something you went after anyone else doing until you did it. Again, not an exception, which shouldn't only be for you. That's a special pleading.

Guy says, "Drinkers are losers. No one who wants a nation of winners should drink or support anyone who does." Has some pretty hard things to say about people who have a glass of wine with their meals. Makes no room for anyone to have another opinion without their inviting disdain on the point.

Then one day he shows up "exceptioned" to the gills. :eek:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
:plain: It's equally clear that you reserve the right to vote against a party's candidate simply because you don't like the candidate.

that is not clear at all
-nor is it true
-there were 17 candidates
-I did not like over half of them
-but
-I would have voted for all of them except trump

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
that is not clear at all
-nor is it true
-but

So .... it is more than likely that Trump will be your candidate in the upcoming election.

Will you vote for Trump ... Hillary ... Bernie ... or not vote at all?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
there are two principles here
-I vote republican because of abortion
-I won't vote for trump because he promotes hatred
-many here do not recognize either one

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
there are two principles here
-I vote republican because of abortion
-I won't vote for trump because he promotes hatred
-many here do not recognize either one

So ... his being an loudmouth, bullying misogynistic adulterer isn't an issue for you?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
that is not clear at all
-nor is it true
It's both if you won't vote for Trump and he becomes the party candidate. And isn't that what you're saying, that you won't vote for him? Because otherwise you really need to work on your people skills. :plain:

No one said you had to.
-but
It's that ol "but" part that gives you a problem. See: it is true and you just said it again. You don't like him as a candidate so you won't vote for him.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
:think: Would Chrys vote for Donald on a boat?...Would he vote for him with a goat?

He could not, would not, on a boat.
He will not, will not, with a goat.
He will not vote for him in the rain.
He will not vote for him on a train.
Not in the dark! Not in a tree!
Not in a car! You let Chrys be!
Chrys does not like him in a box.
Chrys does not like him with a fox.
Chrys will not like him in a house.
Chrys does not like him with a mouse.
Chrys does not like him here or there.
Chrys does not like him ANYWHERE!

He does not like this Donald Trump!

He does not like that Republican Chump!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think: Would Chrys vote for Donald on a boat?...Would he vote for him with a goat?

He could not, would not, on a boat.
He will not, will not, with a goat.
He will not vote for him in the rain.
He will not vote for him on a train.
Not in the dark! Not in a tree!
Not in a car! You let Chrys be!
Chrys does not like him in a box.
Chrys does not like him with a fox.
Chrys will not like him in a house.
Chrys does not like him with a mouse.
Chrys does not like him here or there.
Chrys does not like him ANYWHERE!

He does not like this Donald Trump!

He does not like that Republican Chump!

:crackup: :first:

most of them, sure

heck, most people in general are idiots

i am beginning to believe this is profoundly true. Otherwise, why would we have the pres. we have? He cares more about miniscule changes in the climate (some scientists even say those changes are good for us) than he does about.. fill in the blanks.. terrorism, for one

in any case, anyone who votes for Trump thinking he is what he claims to be is... well, what u said, basically..

:shocked: