I will not vote for trump

WizardofOz

I never vote anyway. :)

Up until a few months ago, Chrys demanded that people vote Re-publican regardless of who was at the helm.

A non-vote for X is a vote for Y was his calling card.

He's a hypocrite.

I think chrys means well but this is an absolute worst case scenario for him as it is for a lot of republicans.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
he will build a wall
-and
-make mexico pay for it
-he will deport all illegals
-he won't let muslims in
-it was what you wanted to hear
-and
-you believed him
-you are an idiot
-your hate prevents you from thinking clearly
-your hate will destroy you

journey

he will build a wall
-and
-make mexico pay for it
-he will deport all illegals
-he won't let muslims in
-it was what you wanted to hear
-and
-you believed him
-you are an idiot
-your hate prevents you from thinking clearly
-your hate will destroy you

It would appear that you are the one with the hate issues and clear thinking problems. Your chosen candidate dropped out and you've gone on melt-down. The time will come for some hard choices, some or all that we don't like. The stakes are going to be high - what's left of our country. It's still early in the primaries, so things could get better (i.e. for Ted Cruz). He's my choice, but he might not be the nominee. The bottom line is simple: the Republican nominee has the best chance of beating the Democrats in the general election. Voting for a third party candidate will split the Replican vote - probably giving the election to the Democrats. So, I've already decided that I won't vote for a third party candidate. I will vote for the Republican nominee, whoever that is, including Donald Trump.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It would appear that you are the one with the hate issues and clear thinking problems.

trump clearly promotes hate
-hate mexicans
-hate muslims
-hate china
-anyone thinking clearly
-can clearly see that
-you can't vote for hate

Timotheos

I never vote anyway. :)

Up until a few months ago, Chrys demanded that people vote Re-publican regardless of who was at the helm.

A non-vote for X is a vote for Y was his calling card.

He's a hypocrite.

I don't think it makes a person a hypocrite if they change their mind based on new evidence.
That is what intelligent people should do. If you were a Trump supporter, and you saw him incite violence at one of his rallys, the intelligent thing to do is to withdraw your support.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The US Constitution's sole purpose is to protect certain rights from a tyranny of democracy.

Ours is better :idunno:

If we started it, why is it that it's only the UK who constantly brings it up? I've never heard an American publicly denounce the UK gun ban, but I have always seen people of the UK start nit picking, like Piers Morgan.
In fact, I see the UK going just about everywhere with starting trouble- like Stephen Fry going over to Russia to spam the word 'bigot' on it's political figures.

No, you will notice that the UK- and all the rest of the 1st World over there- just lost their grip on reality.
When tyranny comes to your country again, and it will soon, you all will see your error :rolleyes:

Messers Morgan and Fry put my teeth on edge, I neither watch them or listen to them.

The only tyranny Britain has ever experienced was from the elite capitalist class, That is what America rebelled from too. If you were more canny you would see you merely exchanged British tyranny for your own home grown sort.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I don't think it makes a person a hypocrite if they change their mind based on new evidence.
That is what intelligent people should do. If you were a Trump supporter, and you saw him incite violence at one of his rallys, the intelligent thing to do is to withdraw your support.

I have stripe on ignore for good reasons
-so
-his logic doesn't surprise me
-he doesn't even vote like most of the mad ones
-but
-he can still find fault with my making a rare exception to my rule
-trump is a jerk
-he promotes hate
-hate is at everyone of his rallies

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
trump clearly promotes hate
Well, he hates losing...the rest is mostly just Wallace nonsense. Little guy against the big government. It's a narrative that can't go anywhere without a bad guy, or guys.
-hate mexicans
Do you really think he hates Mexicans? Or do you think he's using that fear in many as a means to advance a different immigration agenda?
-hate muslims
Supra.
-hate china
China is a huge threat in just about any way you can name. So even a blind hog, etc.
-anyone thinking clearly
-can clearly see that
-you can't vote for hate
First they came for the trade unionists and you were happy, because you hated the unions...

More seriously, this is what you get when you empower, celebrate and advance a rhetoric of hostility toward X in lieu of a vision. A climate where that anger finds its focus and devil take the hindmost. Or, it's a sort of strange fruit grown from a dark seed. And much of the party you supported is nesting in it.

Now what will you do?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I think the reason many people see Chrys is a hypocrite is because for several years he has announced that anyone who doesn't vote for the Republican party candidate IS an idiot, a child murderer, etc. IF Trump is the candidate, Chrys is now proclaiming he will not vote for him and those who do are idiots. Even though they are doing EXACTLY what Chrys demanded they do.

As far as Trump is concerned, the guy has no redeeming qualities and the only conclusion that can be drawn is that people are attracted to his anger and bullying.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
First they came for the trade unionists and you were happy, because you hated the unions...

More seriously, this is what you get when you empower, celebrate and advance a rhetoric of hostility toward X in lieu of a vision. A climate where that anger finds its focus and devil take the hindmost. Or, it's a sort of strange fruit grown from a dark seed. And much of the party you supported is nesting in it.

Now what will you do?

^ This ...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I have stripe on ignore for good reasons ...-he can still find fault with my making a rare exception to my rule
You mean a special pleading. Because you had no exception until it suited you. That's what you're taking flack for.

Thing is, all you have to do to diffuse it is to own it. Try this, "I was wrong. It took someone like Trump to open my eyes on the point. I'll try not to double down on that mistake by using the same approach to those who still believe it and I'll take my medicine from those who were right on the point all along."

-trump is a jerk
-he promotes hate
-hate is at everyone of his rallies
He's arrogant and cocksure, but his platform is largely comprised of rhetoric he understands can't possibly find a function, except for whipping up support among a people who've been spoon fed contempt for years now.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
so you would be okay with it
-if
-it didn't suit me?
I'm okay with an admission that you simply had it wrong. Given how you were in that error it should come with an apology to the people you insulted before you decided to insult people who agreed with you or moved to your position during that time now that you've made the special pleading/exception for yourself.

I don't expect you to do either. I'm just pointing out a thing that could be done.

But you'll suit yourself and surprise people like me or not. I'm thinking not is the more likely outcome.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
so he wants an admission of fault and an apology :chuckle:

because he's the bossy little girl who runs this playground and don't you forget it! :sibbie: