I will not vote for trump

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The ones who will vote for Trump if he's the nominee, all the while saying he wasn't really their first choice, they would've voted for Cruz, or Carson, yada yada yada - Yes, that's what I believe.

OK. And how does that relate to your response to what rocketman said about chrys? I'm missing something.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
That's true. And if I vote for Trump and Trump wins, I share the Blame for whatever Trump does.
No you don't! Not in this system you don't.

I really don't know what else can be said to communicate this idea!

You DO NOT live in a democracy! These ARE NOT democratic elections. You DO NOT directly vote for the President. The system is INTENTIONALLY set up so that your vote is severely diluted to the point of almost not counting at all! And it's a darn good thing too or else this nation would have been straight up fascist a long time ago.

The only thing you are responsible for is that which you personally have control over and NOTHING else! The BEST you can do in this system is attempt to prevent the worse of two evils from taking power. People vote for all kinds of different reasons and there is no law that requires you to vote ONLY if that vote serves as an affirmative endorsement of whomever you pull the lever for. People vote AGAINST a particular candidate all the time and it is as valid a reason to vote as any other.

If we had a different system wherein a candidate could not win with a plurality but had to have 50% + 1 vote to win THEN it would be altogether a different issue but that isn't the world we live in. You didn't set up the system and so are not responsible for what might be an idiotic outcome.

That is the real problem with not having a real choice at the ballot box. So if it does turn out to be a Trump/Clinton Election, then I am damned if I do and damned if I don't. If you people would stop supporting the buffoon and the criminal, then we could have a real election this November.
If bears didn't crap in the woods, we'd still have to watch where we step!

People are going to do what they are going to do. You have to act accordingly. The system is what it is. Accept reality for what it is and play it smart. Otherwise, you can guarantee no politician will ever give a rip about what you think (not that they ever would anyway).

If it is Cruz versus Sanders this fall, who would you vote for?
Cruz, obviously.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Better a few good posts from him than a lifetime on TOL endlessly posting "Vote Republican" and then becoming a turncoat when the nominee doesn't fit your personal political framework. Face it, the RINO/Wig party is finished, killed by their own hand, they have destroyed their own party through cronyism, and ignoring their voting base. They deserve Donald Trump if he becomes the nominee which is looking increasingly likely. :chuckle:

Exactly right!

Timotheos

No you don't! Not in this system you don't.

I really don't know what else can be said to communicate this idea!

You DO NOT live in a democracy! These ARE NOT democratic elections. You DO NOT directly vote the the President. The system is INTENTIONALLY set up so that your vote is severely diluted to the point of almost not counting at all! And it's a darn good thing too or else this nation would have been straight up fascist a long time ago.

The only thing you are responsible for is that which you personally have control over and NOTHING else! The BEST you can do in this system is attempt to prevent the worse of two evils from taking power. People vote for all kinds of different reasons and there is no law that requires you to vote ONLY if that vote serves as an affirmative endorsement of whomever you pull the lever for. People vote AGAINST a particular candidate all the time and it is as valid a reason to vote as any other.

If we had a different system wherein a candidate could not win with a plurality but had to have 50% + 1 vote to win THEN it would be altogether a different issue but that isn't the world we live in. You didn't set up the system and so are not responsible for what might be an idiotic outcome.

If bears didn't crap in the woods, we would have to watch where we step, either.

People are going to do what they are going to do. You have to act accordingly. The system is what it is. Accept reality for what it is and play it smart. Otherwise, you can guarantee no politician will ever give a rip about what you think (not that they ever would anyway).

Cruz, obviously.

Resting in Him,
Clete

breathe

exminister

What does this mean?
said in his meeting at The Post that he advocates an aggressive U.S. posture in the world with a light footprint.

I can get behind some of his ideas but am not sure how accurate he is about how much we spend and get in return for our involvement in NATO and South Korea.

He will get Mexicans to build the wall and get others to fight "our" wars.

I certainly am ready for a touch of the isolationism.
We are not doing well with nation building. After WW II it made sense because of the aftermath of "the war to end all wars" WW I. Europe was a mess and Russia was taking over everything it could.

Certainly a more complex world now. It's bewildering and unpredictable. Less is more.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
He will get Mexicans to build the wall and get others to fight "our" wars.
Sure he will. :plain: Still not sure how that is 'agressive but with a light footprint'. :idunno:

I certainly am ready for a touch of the isolationism.
We are not doing well with nation building. After WW II it made sense because of the aftermath of "the war to end all wars" WW I. Europe was a mess and Russia was taking over everything it could.

Certainly a more complex world now. It's bewildering and unpredictable. Less is more.
I generally agree with the idea that we can't be 'nation-building'. And toppling leaders over in the Middle East generally doesn't go very well. I think we need a different approach but I don't think we can simply pull out either.

exminister

Sure he will. :plain: Still not sure how that is 'agressive but with a light footprint'. :idunno:

I generally agree with the idea that we can't be 'nation-building'. And toppling leaders over in the Middle East generally doesn't go very well. I think we need a different approach but I don't think we can simply pull out either.

All combat boots will be high heels. :rotfl:

I interpreted it we will have less boots on the ground getting other countries involved - US having a lighter footprint.
Aggressive by strong arming allies to do more.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
All combat boots will be high heels. :rotf:

I interpreted it we will have less boots on the ground getting other countries involved - US having a lighter footprint.
Aggressive by strong arming allies to do more.

:chuckle:

Could be. :think:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
these so called conservatives
-who
-could not support
-romney, mccain, bush, dole, bush, etc
-now
-expect us to vote for trump
-who
-is not a conservative
-so
-it must be all about hate
-trump validates their hate

Is it your assertion that the candidates you named are conservatives? I hope not because they were not....

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Rump can't beat Clinton. If you didn't vote for Cruz, you elected Clinton.

I never vote anyway. :)

Up until a few months ago, Chrys demanded that people vote Re-publican regardless of who was at the helm.

A non-vote for X is a vote for Y was his calling card.

He's a hypocrite.