I will not vote for trump

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
town - what made you think, back in 2007, that this was a place you should be an active poster?

what makes you think, today, that this is place you should be an active poster?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Here's the problem with that. If Trump gets the nomination, then he is a republican as you say. Then He represents all republicans. Does that foul mouthed brainless baboon represent you?
I'm not a Republican but you miss the point. It's the Republican party that gets to decide what is and what is not Republican. Whether it represents me or anyone else is altogether irrelevant. If the party nominates him according to its own rules, then he's a Republican.

Probably not, you are far better than Trump. But the Republican Party is stuck as the party of Trump. The worst thing that could happen to Republicans is have a buffoon win the nomination and then win the election. We would become the buffoon party.
I won't become anything. Trump's stupidity or lack thereof does not reflect on me. If I cast a vote for Trump it will merely be an anti-Democrat vote and that's it and that's all. There is no system in place where a candidate for the Presidency has to win a true majority to become president. If there where then a third party or independent alternative would be viable but that just isn't the world we live in. I didn't create the system but I understand that, in this system, what doesn't help one side does help the other. We are given the choice between A or B and we can wish there was a C (i.e. neither) option but there isn't and choosing not to vote at all is a tacit endorsement of the majority opinion of those who do vote.

Last edited:

Timotheos

I'm not a Republican but you miss the point. It's the Republican part that gets to decide what is and what is not Republican. Whether it represents me or anyone else is altogether irrelevant. If the part nominates him according to its own rules, then he's a Republican.

I won't become anything. Trump's stupidity or lack thereof does not reflect on me. If I cast of vote for Trump it will merely be an anti-Democrat vote and that's it and that's all. There is no system in place where a candidate for the Presidency has to win a true majority to become president. If there where then a third party or independent alternative would be viable but that just isn't the world we live in. I didn't create the system but I understand that, in this system, what doesn't help one side does help the other. We are given the choice between A or B and we can wish there was a C (i.e. neither) option but there isn't and choosing not to vote at all is a tacit endorsement of the majority opinion of those who do vote.

I'm glad that you and I agree. I am a Republican, and Trump's stupidity doesn't reflect on me either, because I am not supporting Trump. If that means that Hillary becomes president, well then, we should have gotten a better Republican Candidate. My vote in the primary is coming up, and I am going to vote for a better Republican Candidate.

If Trump is nominated, Hillary wins. Is that what the Trumpettes want? Probably.

ClimateSanity

Chysostom is now on my ignore list. If anyone else holds a position similar to his, feel free to respond to the following as though it were addressed to you....

You will not vote for Donald Trump and it won't make one damn bit of difference, except that it will help Hillary Clinton win.

You DO NOT live in a Christian society. You live in a totally secular society with an entirely secular government that is more corrupt than not.
Everyone wants to pretend that their vote is some moral action. It isn't. If you want to talk morality, you aught not have the right to vote at all! God never endorsed a democratic form or even a representative form of government where people elect their rulers. Authority to rule is not rightly derived from the consent of the people, its delegated by God Himself. So voting in this election is not a question of Christian morality but one of wisdom. You need to learn how to play things smart and stop getting bulldozed into meaninglessness by conventional wisdom. Your moral duty, if you have one at all in this context, is to cast your vote for the MOST conservative (i.e. just) person who can win and thus bolster the morally preservative effect that the least evil person will have on our society in contrast to the more corrosive effect the worse of two evils would be.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend!

If you either vote for some a candidate that cannot win or refuse to vote at all, you become Hillary Clinton's friend.

That was proven without possible refutation in both 2004 and 2008! Those who voted for some hopeless third party or independent candidate or stayed home and didn't vote at all, gave Barrack Obama the White House and by extension gave all of us Obama Care and everything else that makes up the disaster the last eight years have been.

You need to wake up and realize where you are and just what sort of sociopolitical situation you're actually in because if a Democrat wins this election, this country, as you've known it, is finished! And it will stay finished probably forever but for at least the rest of your natural life. If you want to live out your days and you want your kids to at least have a chance of living out their days with at least a modicum of freedom, you damn well better do whatever you can do to prevent Hillary Clinton from getting within a mile of the Oval Office. And if that means holding your nose and pulling the lever for Donald Trump or Daffy Duck or whoever is the Republican nominee, so be it!

Resting in Him,
Clete

There is so much of this I wholeheartedly agree with. I get irritated with these folks who get on their high horse and scold people for daring to vote for an immoral man like Trump. We are not electing the Pope here. If you managed to raise wonderful children like Trump has, he cannot be a total sleazeball. In fact, much can be said for his style of confrontation. What really counts, is what you can get done. If that means being gruff and rude and misogynisic, then let it be so. There are much worse things in my mind.

Timotheos

There is so much of this I wholeheartedly agree with. I get irritated with these folks who get on their high horse and scold people for daring to vote for an immoral man like Trump. We are not electing the Pope here. If you managed to raise wonderful children like Trump has, he cannot be a total sleazeball. In fact, much can be said for his style of confrontation. What really counts, is what you can get done. If that means being gruff and rude and misogynisic, then let it be so. There are much worse things in my mind.
I won't scold you. If you like the gruff, rude, misogynisic, immoral sleazeball, and you think that he represents you, go ahead and vote for him. I wouldn't.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
no, not a dime

33 billion dimes

The most well-known, and largest, United States aid program in the immediate post-war years was the European Recovery Program (ERP). More often known as the Marshall Plan, it was the creation of George Kennan, William Clayton, and others at the U.S. State Department under Secretary of State George Marshall. Publicly suggested by Marshall in June 1947, and put into action about a year later, the Plan was essentially an extension of the Greece–Turkey aid strategy to the rest of Europe. The U.S. administration considered the stability of the existing governments in Western Europe vital to its own interests. On 3 April 1948, President Truman signed the Economic Cooperation Act, establishing the Economic Cooperation Administration (ECA) to administer the program, and actual disbursements got underway. The focus was on promoting production, stabilizing currencies, and promoting international trade. To be eligible for the aid, a country had to sign an agreement with the United States government committing itself to the Act's purposes. The Communist countries were formally invited to participate in the Plan although Secretary Marshall thought it unlikely that they would accept and they did in fact decline the aid. Also in 1948, the United States and the recipient countries created the Organisation for European Economic Cooperation (OEEC – it became the OECD in 1961) to coordinate the use of the aid. A large portion of the money given was used to purchase goods from the United States, and the ships used to transport the goods had to be of U.S. nationality. Until after the Korean War, military aid was not part of the plan.[18] The Marshall Plan ended in December 1951 and its functions were transferred to the Mutual Security Administration.[19] The United States government gave out about $12.5 billion under the Plan during its three-and-a-half year existence. The countries receiving the most were Great Britain ($3.3 billion), France ($2.3 billion) and West Germany ($1.4 billion).[20]

and that's on top of the 310 billion dimes we loaned the commonwealth through lend-lease during the war

with $11 billion in aid from the US

You are wrong Britain received not a penny, Clem Atlee sent John Maynard Keynes over with a begging bowl and he was turned down. Yes they gave us arms and in return we gave up our ports throughout the commonwealth as well as incurring a national debt, which Harold Wilson summararily scrapped in 1966 much to LBJ's chagrin....he was even more upset when Wilson would not support the Vietnam war.

President Truman in later years expressed regret for the way his government treated Britain after the war.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
"We" as in "Labour"

You all don't have a Constitution, so of course the tyranny of the influential takes over.

Nobody wants guns over here, the police don't want them either [they have armed squads] We have a democracy, if Labour win the election [as with the Democrats] it's because the people voted for them.

We had the Magna Carta before any white man darkened America's shore.

By the way I LOVE America and am THANKFUL for America...this is just a bun fight [and y'all started it]

But Americans have so many myths and are not very well informed.....nor are they very good at looking at themselves critically....y'all got a plethora of internal strife and anger over there

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I'm glad that you and I agree. I am a Republican, and Trump's stupidity doesn't reflect on me either, because I am not supporting Trump. If that means that Hillary becomes president, well then, we should have gotten a better Republican Candidate. My vote in the primary is coming up, and I am going to vote for a better Republican Candidate.

If Trump is nominated, Hillary wins. Is that what the Trumpettes want? Probably.

In the primary, vote for the candidate that most closely represents your political views.

In the general election vote for the candidate that most closely represents your political views who can win.

If you don't, you are helping the candidate that does not most closely hold your political views win. If Hillary wins and you stayed home, you share the blame for whatever Hillary does (or fails to do).

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here's the problem with that. If Trump gets the nomination, then he is a republican as you say. Then He represents all republicans. Does that foul mouthed brainless baboon represent you? Probably not, you are far better than Trump. But the Republican Party is stuck as the party of Trump. The worst thing that could happen to Republicans is have a buffoon win the nomination and then win the election. We would become the buffoon party.

Which makes you wonder ... why would anyone support such a buffoon unless they, themselves, share similar qualities?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I wasn't trying to say anything about toppling Assad. :idunno: I'm talking about Putin and his shadiness.

Any western politician would DIE for his approval ratings, see here what you have is

What Putin says and does [he does tend to do what he says]....then

You have what the western media SAYS he says and does....it really is an education to actually read his speeches.

Timotheos

In the primary, vote for the candidate that most closely represents your political views.

In the general election vote for the candidate that most closely represents your political views who can win.

If you don't, you are helping the candidate that does not most closely hold your political views win. If Hillary wins and you stayed home, you share the blame for whatever Hillary does (or fails to do).

That's true. And if I vote for Trump and Trump wins, I share the Blame for whatever Trump does. That is the real problem with not having a real choice at the ballot box. So if it does turn out to be a Trump/Clinton Election, then I am damned if I do and damned if I don't. If you people would stop supporting the buffoon and the criminal, then we could have a real election this November.

If it is Cruz versus Sanders this fall, who would you vote for?

journey

Young man, watch who you are calling an idiot.
The first time I ever voted, I voted for Ronald Reagan. In every election since 1984, I voted for the Republican candidate. If Trump gets the nomination, this November will be the first time I ever didn't vote for the "Republican" nominee, and it will be because of Trump. He is not a Republican. He is a Trumplican. He is for Donald Trump and nobody but Donald Trump.

First, I am much older than you are. Second, I haven't done any name-calling.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
It doesn't play well in the Midwest. Look at Iowa, Minnesota, Oklahoma and Texas.

I think you're right.

001575_27.jpg