I have an Idea for a new Christian Branch.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
ToL is a pretty staunch right wing fundamentalist site as you may have noticed, but they do allow reasonable free speech even for non-believers like me, provided I respect their rules and don't blaspheme. Some other Christian forums will not tolerate any atheistic input for very long.

That's because we love you Al!

(And because you are the lone caulkhead in the bunch)

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
That might require a miracle, I'll let you know when it happens.

Ha ha...

As you probably know, us fundies believe that it always takes a miracle to believe but once it occurs, by God's grace, you will not be able to keep it a secret.

For what it's worth, (and my thoughts are often wrong) I think you are closer to the Kingdom than you would care to admit.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

Matthew 7

7 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

You do know that the correct measure to judge by is the word of God, no?

This is in the same chapter:

The Narrow Way

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

and this:

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

You do know Jesus spoke more about hell than heaven no?

So in other words, no, you have no verses that state not to warn others about hell.

James Shepard

Ha ha...

As you probably know, us fundies believe that it always takes a miracle to believe but once it occurs, by God's grace, you will not be able to keep it a secret.

For what it's worth, (and my thoughts are often wrong) I think you are closer to the Kingdom than you would care to admit.

Do you believe the world is flat? I am being serious.

James Shepard

Matthew 7

7 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. 3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

You do know that the correct measure to judge by is the word of God, no?

This is in the same chapter:

The Narrow Way

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

and this:

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

You do know Jesus spoke more about hell than heaven no?

So in other words, no, you have no verses that state not to warn others about hell.

You judging is not warning. When you judge me, just remember, you shall receive the same which you gave to me.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Matthew 5:29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 12:36 But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You judging is not warning. When you judge me, just remember, you shall receive the same which you gave to me.

I cant throw you into hell, so how have i judged you by telling you about it?

Mark 16:16 "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

Thats His judgment.

James Shepard

Matthew 5:29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 12:36 But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.

"Your words" does not include judgement. That is something that will not be acquitted. You are not God, you do not know how he thinks, you judging me is you basically you going like "I know more than God"