I have an Idea for a new Christian Branch.

James Shepard

The Bible doesn't need to be changed. It is what God wanted
it to be.

The Bible has been proven wrong on many occasions (mainly historical). But that does not anyway take away any of its value. I just means it needs a different interpretation rather than being taken so literally. There are things we know happened that the Bible does not say, we also know there are things that did not happen as the Bible says. It comes to interpreting it, not discrediting it.

James Shepard

Don't mind me, I'm the fly in the ointment.

Seems to me every novel system of Christianity either goes in one of two directions: 1) legalism, to appeal to people's pride in being able to measure up to the system's standard, or 2) licentiousness, to appeal to the LCD of mankind.

What strikes me as odd are those who would balk at the sort of legalism engendered by a system of works, but are every bit as legalist when it comes to their system of belief. Orthodoxy is the new orthopraxy.

I might understand what you mean but can you simplify it a little.

genuineoriginal

I have an Idea for a new Christian Branch.

I like the current Branch.

Isaiah 11:1-5
1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;
3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.​

I cannot quote Scripture
That is the most likely reason for you wanting to create a new Branch of Christianity.

James Shepard

I like the current Branch.

Isaiah 11:1-5
1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;
3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
4 But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth: with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked.
5 And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.​

That is the most likely reason for you wanting to create a new Branch of Christianity.

Well it is not entirely true, I can quote certain scripture, but i cannot quote the entire Bible. But I can quote certain passages and some books. Why do you like the current branch? Whichever you are in.

James Shepard

Gee I wonder who tagged the post as babble. Someone who refuses to even compensate or actually listen to what is being said and came here with a negative attitude to start while I have politely talking to everyone who refutes me :) I enjoy the discussion of my idea. What I do not enjoy is those who refuse to see from another point of view while conversing with me. Just because you look from a different point of view, does not mean you have to believe it. It just helps with understanding the opposing side as I have been politely doing with you :) and for the record, for all you Protestants or other form of Christian, you ideas were considered babble for a while as well. People fear change and what they do not understand.

alwight

It seems that the tag refers to babble from Grosnick Marowbe, which may be somewhat understandable. :plain:

alwight

And do you mind helping me revise my idea? I made another post for it :) and would appreciate the help
ToL has a large number of fundamentalist Christians who as I intimated previously would probably prove to be a tough audience for a revised belief system, I wonder how your ideas might be received on a more moderate Christian forum? :think:
But don't be put off, arguing with fundies can be fun. :)
But unless fundies could somehow be persuaded about such things as the real age of the Earth or that there never actually was a global flood, from scientific facts and evidence, then I rather suspect you will get nowhere here. :nono:

James Shepard

ToL has a large number of fundamentalist Christians who as I intimated previously would probably prove to be a tough audience for a revised belief system, I wonder how your ideas might be received on a more moderate Christian forum? :think:
But don't be put off, arguing with fundies can be fun. :)
But unless fundies could somehow be persuaded about such things as the real age of the Earth or that there never actually was a global flood, from scientific facts and evidence, then I rather suspect you will get nowhere here. :nono:

Hmm i see do you know where a moderate forum is? :)

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
That was a very good point. The problem I am having is just, My idea is very complicated and just so difficult for me to actually put to paper and represent it adequately. I do somewhat believe we are a gold fish but not totally. Even with God's indirect intervention, he is still interacting with us as he set it up long ago. Do you kind of understand what I mean?

Nope - I don't understand at all. Perhaps your inability to put your ideas across should be an indication to you.

Here's the bottom line - and it is very easy to put it on paper.

It doesn't matter what I think.
It doesn't matter what you think.
What matters is what God says.

James Shepard

Nope - I don't understand at all. Perhaps your inability to put your ideas across should be an indication to you.

Here's the bottom line - and it is very easy to put it on paper.

It doesn't matter what I think.
It doesn't matter what you think.
What matters is what God says.

But it does matter what I know. And what has been proven

alwight

Hmm i see do you know where a moderate forum is? :)
I might get in trouble with the Mods here if I did refer you to another site, but I don't personally have much of an issue with moderate Christians even though I don't believe in any gods, it's fundies that interest me more.:devil:

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
But it does matter what I know. And what has been proven

No it doesn't.

What matters first is that you believe what God has said.
That was Adam's problem and everyone's problem since then.
It's really simple; do you believe God when He speaks or not?

Are you prepared to go where God leads or would you rather believe your own intuition or what other people say?

James Shepard

I might get in trouble with the Mods here if I did refer you to another site, but I don't personally have much of an issue with moderate Christians even though I don't believe in any gods, it's fundies that interest me more.:devil:

Hmm maybe you can message me? lol because i do not know where one is