I have an Idea for a new Christian Branch.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I am aware, thats why I called my idea Strivonism. We strive to be the perfection Jesus embodied and the Lord wants. We know it is futile, yet we still try as we love and respect God. But Even though we strive to it, we accept that only though Jesus we will reach that perfection. Again this is very hard for me to adequately put to paper

That which was 'God-breathed' was easily put to paper, and.....it's available to those who humble themselves to believe it.

James Shepard

Man has given us many books. The Lord gave us one.
When one compares the books of man with the book which the Lord gave, one will find that they oppose one another.

Truth is not contradictory.

Each one believes it to be true. Maybe the Lord did it on purpose. To test us on whether we can cooperate and accomplish great things even when we different on such powerful subjects.

James Shepard

That which was 'God-breathed' was easily put to paper, and.....it's available to those who humble themselves to believe it.

Are you not paying attention? When I say "through Jesus" I mean that Jesus is the key to perfection we strive to. A perfection we will only reach when we accept Him and die and move on.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Each one believes it to be true. Maybe the Lord did it on purpose. To test us on whether we can cooperate and accomplish great things even when we different on such powerful subjects.

There are always two opposing voices speaking to our ears.
It's up to us to choose which one to believe.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I am aware, thats why I called my idea Strivonism. We strive to be the perfection Jesus embodied and the Lord wants. We know it is futile, yet we still try as we love and respect God. But Even though we strive to it, we accept that only though Jesus we will reach that perfection. Again this is very hard for me to adequately put to paper

Perhaps, until you learn to articulate your new religion you best,
just listen instead of speak? Ask questions? Stop preaching eclectic
false religions of the world. One day you'll have to choose only one.
Make sure it's the right one.

James Shepard

There are always two opposing voices speaking to our ears.
It's up to us to choose which one to believe.

Just because I give credence to other religions, that does not mean I fall into temptation or idolatry or what-not. Every religion does things that try to better humanity and those who follow it.

James Shepard

You're living in a "Maybe, if, perhaps" kind of mindset at this point.

Isnt that every religion? We use Faith to justify those things. Others fall from religion due to losing their faith. But me being in a lab can see the complexities of life up close and literally see that there is a Supreme Being. Whether it is our definition of the Lord or another's. I believe our definition of the Supreme Being (God) most accurately captures it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Isnt that every religion? We use Faith to justify those things. Others fall from religion due to losing their faith. But me being in a lab can see the complexities of life up close and literally see that there is a Supreme Being. Whether it is our definition of the Lord or another's. I believe our definition of the Supreme Being (God) most accurately captures it.

Why are you on TOL?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Just because I give credence to other religions, that does not mean I fall into temptation or idolatry or what-not. Every religion does things that try to better humanity and those who follow it.

I've wholeheartedly and sincerely lived other religions and was in a darkness which I thought was light, until I came to the true light.....the Lord Jesus Christ by trust in His finished work on the cross in paying the penalty for all my sins against the true God, the creator of the heavens and the earth.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

When you say 'credence', I take it to mean that you believe that all religions are ultimately true to what exists.
How can systems of thought which teach contradictory ideas about reality all be true. Truth is not contradictory.

James Shepard

I've wholeheartedly and sincerely lived other religions and was in a darkness which I thought was light, until I came to the true light.....the Lord Jesus Christ by trust in His finished work on the cross in paying the penalty for all my sins against the true God, the creator of the heavens and the earth.

That may be your experience but you must remember others will convert from Christianity as well as to it. Every religion tries to do something good in the name of their version of the Lord. (I.E. Brahma, Allah, OT God, i cannot actually spell it, Buddha (although buddha is not their god), and etc.