HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Have you been to a mainstream church on a day of baptisms? Do you hear anybody making promises to God?

Matthew 5:33, 34, 35, 36, 37

That is about not swearing.

The scripture plainly say WATER SYMBOLIZES. What washes us? The Holy Spirit washes us. The water you lie back in for baptism does not have power to take away your sins…it is symbolic.

1 Peter 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also

When we get water baptized, it is symbolic of our salvation by the washing of the Spirit.

1 Peter 3:21 ---not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.

In a water baptism, we are pledging to God that we will die to the sins of the world.

It is the pledge to God that saves. It is the obedience to Christ.

Water baptism is necessary for salvation. It shows the person wants to obey Jesus in everything. It is a promise to God in a ceremony, not much unlike when someone gets married. When someone understands completely that water baptism signifies that they are dying to the sins of the world and living a new life to please Jesus...that is powerful.

Water baptism is a symbol of what already went on in the heart and mind. I believe that my Father in heaven likes ceremonies; have you read about what the new Jerusalem coming down from heaven looks like...

Revelation 21:2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That is about not swearing.

The scripture plainly say WATER SYMBOLIZES. What washes us? The Holy Spirit washes us. The water you lie back in for baptism does not have power to take away your sins…it is symbolic.

21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also

When we get water baptized, it is symbolic of our salvation by the washing of the Spirit.

1 Peter 3:21 ---not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God.

In a water baptism, we are pledging to God that we will die to the sins of the world.

It is the pledge to God that saves. It is the obedience to Christ.

Water baptism is necessary for salvation. It shows the person wants to obey Jesus in everything. It is a promise to God in a ceremony, not much unlike when someone gets married. When someone understands completely that water baptism signifies that they are dying to the sins of the world and living a new life to please Jesus...that is powerful.

Water baptism is a symbol of what already went on in the heart and mind. I believe that my Father in heaven likes ceremonies; have you read about what the new Jerusalem coming down from heaven looks like...

Revelation 21:2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
Do babies know all that when they get baptized?

xfrodobagginsx

The only way to get to heaven is to obey Jesus.

Obey the Gospel which is to place your faith in Jesus Christ, believing that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins. Calling on His name. You can do that through that prayer at the bottom of this first post.

God's Truth

Obey the Gospel which is to place your faith in Jesus Christ, believing that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins. Calling on His name. You can do that through that prayer at the bottom of this first post.

You have to repent of your sins.
People should know what their sins are.
Shame on you for acting as if I wasn't already saved.

xfrodobagginsx

You have to repent of your sins.
People should know what their sins are.
Shame on you for acting as if I wasn't already saved.

You have to repent and turn to Jesus Christ for salvation. That is repentance. I never said you weren't saved. Shame on you for being offended that I would dare share the Gospel. We are not under the Law, we are under Paul's writings, the Gospel of Grace by faith in Christ alone.

God's Truth

You have to repent and turn to Jesus Christ for salvation. That is repentance. I never said you weren't saved. Shame on you for being offended that I would dare share the Gospel. We are not under the Law, we are under Paul's writings, the Gospel of Grace by faith in Christ alone.

The gospel is to believe and obey Jesus.

You went against me for that earlier in this thread.

You said faith alone.

Faith alone is DEAD and CANNOT SAVE ANYONE.

See James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, 24.

xfrodobagginsx

The gospel is to believe and obey Jesus.

You went against me for that earlier in this thread.

You said faith alone.

Faith alone is DEAD and CANNOT SAVE ANYONE.

See James 2:14, 17, 20, 22, 24.

Wrong. The Gospel is to believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and to place your faith in Him for salvation. It IS faith in Christ alone without works.

We are not under James writings. James was written to the Jews who were still under the law, the gospel of the Kingdom, we are under Paul's writings of the Gospel of Grace. We we not under the law, we are under grace. Grace is not works. Paul's writing of Grace trumps James because we are not under the law or the Gospel of the Kingdom.

What do Paul's writings to the Gentiles say?

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The Gospel of Grace:

Ro 10:9 Because if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.

1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. {keep...: or, hold fast} {what: Gr. by what speech}
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. {one...: or, an abortive}

It's not by works:

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Ro 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

We are saved to do good works, not because of good works:

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. {ordained: or, prepared}

God's Truth

Wrong. The Gospel is to believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and to place your faith in Him for salvation. It IS faith in Christ alone without works.

We are not under James writings. James was written to the Jews who were still under the law, the gospel of the Kingdom, we are under Paul's writings of the Gospel of Grace. We we not under the law, we are under grace. Grace is not works. Paul's writing of Grace trumps James because we are not under the law or the Gospel of the Kingdom.

What do Paul's writings to the Gentiles say?

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The Gospel of Grace:

Ro 10:9 Because if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved. 10 For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses unto salvation.

1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. {keep...: or, hold fast} {what: Gr. by what speech}
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:
6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.
8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. {one...: or, an abortive}

It's not by works:

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Ro 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

We are saved to do good works, not because of good works:

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. {ordained: or, prepared}

You say we don't go by James.

Didn't you read and believe what Jesus says about being divided it will not stand?

Your beliefs will not stand.

Mark 3:24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

xfrodobagginsx

You say we don't go by James.

Didn't you read and believe what Jesus says about being divided it will not stand?

Your beliefs will not stand.

Mark 3:24 If a kingdom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.

The Gospels were written to the Jews who were still under the law as well. Jesus was actually talking about satan casting out satan by the way, not a discussion about the Bible. If you are so worried about being divided than agree with me. What you are trying to say is that if someone disagrees with YOU then they are going against Christ. Not true. Like I said, believer's in this day and age are to go by Paul's gospels. Remember that Jesus Christ is the one who gave Paul his gospel. You are applying principals that were for the Jews to the Christians today rather than the writings of Paul. It's like trying to apply the Mosaic writings. Yes the Mosaic writings are inspired of God, but they weren't written to the Gentiles.

God's Truth

The Gospels were written to the Jews who were still under the law as well. Jesus was actually talking about satan casting out satan by the way, not a discussion about the Bible. If you are so worried about being divided than agree with me. What you are trying to say is that if someone disagrees with YOU then they are going against Christ. Not true. Like I said, believer's in this day and age are to go by Paul's gospels. Remember that Jesus Christ is the one who gave Paul his gospel. You are applying principals that were for the Jews to the Christians today rather than the writings of Paul. It's like trying to apply the Mosaic writings. Yes the Mosaic writings are inspired of God, but they weren't written to the Gentiles.

The whole Bible is for everyone, and the whole Bible goes together.

You are dividing the Bible against itself.

It is not just about Satan, it is about any house.

Mark 3:25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

xfrodobagginsx

The whole Bible is for everyone, and the whole Bible goes together.

You are dividing the Bible against itself.

It is not just about Satan, it is about any house.

Mark 3:25 If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

What do these verses mean to you? Is Paul dividing the Bible against it's self?

Ro 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Ro 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Ga 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
(KJV)

God's Truth

What do these verses mean to you? Is Paul dividing the Bible against it's self?

Ro 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
Ro 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Ga 5:18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
(KJV)

Paul is not dividing the Bible, as you say he is.

Paul is not saying we are saved by faith without obedience.

Paul is saying we are saved by faith that Jesus' blood cleans us instead of the ceremonial works.

Jesus fulfilled the ceremonial works. Those works were just a shadow, a teaching tool about Jesus.

xfrodobagginsx

You sound like MAD.

So you dismiss the rest of NT?

I absolutely don't dismiss the rest of the New Testament. They are God's word. I am saying that Paul's writings were written to those in this current age who are under Grace, not the law. The other writings were written to Jews who were under the law. They preached the Gospel of the Kingdom, Paul preached the Gospel of Grace. Once the rapture of the Church occurs, then the Gospel of the Kingdom will resume. It's just like with the Old Testament, we are not under the law anymore, we don't have to keep the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.