HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

Status
Not open for further replies.

glorydaz

You're just the typical Christian who doesn't know the law. You don't even know what the ten commandments say which you supposedly uphold showing you are grossly ignorant. If we were in court of law you would be thrown out for contempt.

You're a typical wanna be Christian, who has no spiritual understanding. :chew:

The purpose of the law (the Ten) was to show men their sin....all the world becomes guilty before God through the Ten Commandments.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

Is there something about that you don't understand?

So when your neighbor comes to you and says he doesn't do anything wrong, what do you tell him? Do you tell him to sacrifice a goat or stay home Friday night and Saturday (Moses' law), or do you tell him about God's list of commandments. It's wrong to steal, lust, etc.?

PURPOSE....THE PURPOSE of God's eternal Law stands.

glorydaz

Remember this verse? (which Glory did quote, btw):

Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. - Romans 3:19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:19&version=NKJV

That also means: "whatever the law says, it does NOT say to those who are NOT under the law." And because Christians are no longer under the law, but under grace, then we cannot be condemned by the law. See how that works?

Thanks again, JR. Baby steps. ;)

Epoisses

Thanks, JR. I didn't say the Ten were "binding" at all. How can a commandment bind anyone? Does the law to go 55 mph, keep us from speeding? Of course not. It's merely the standard we follow to keep from getting a ticket.

The purpose of the Law (the commandments written in stone) remains what it always was ....to show men their sin, and to lead them to Christ. It's God's eternal law written in the hearts of all men. That's where a guilty conscience comes from. We know it is wrong to kill, etc.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

I share this with you for discussion. For some reason there are certain people here who like to read something into the posts of others that simply isn't there. No matter how simple you try to make it. ;)

God's law of self-sacrificing love is written in the heart not the carnal commandments.

Epoisses

You're a typical wanna be Christian, who has no spiritual understanding. :chew:

The purpose of the law (the Ten) was to show men their sin....all the world becomes guilty before God through the Ten Commandments.

Is there something about that you don't understand?

So when your neighbor comes to you and says he doesn't do anything wrong, what do you tell him? Do you tell him to sacrifice a goat or stay home Friday night and Saturday (Moses' law), or do you tell him about God's list of commandments. It's wrong to steal, lust, etc.?

PURPOSE....THE PURPOSE of God's eternal Law stands.

The Holy Spirit shows men their sin not two blocks of stone.

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: John 16:7,8

glorydaz

God's law of self-sacrificing love is written in the heart not the carnal commandments.

Carnal commandments are for carnal men.

Thou shalt honour the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not kill.

Right and wrong....don't take what belongs to someone else. It's why man is without excuse.

Romans 1:19-20 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )​

Before God ever wrote His commandments on stone, they were written in the conscience of man.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The law was not made for the righteous, but for the unrighteous.

But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine, - 1 Timothy 1:8-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Timothy1:8-10&version=NKJV

Epoisses

Carnal commandments are for carnal men.

Thou shalt honour the Lord thy God. Thou shalt not kill.

Right and wrong....don't take what belongs to someone else. It's why man is without excuse.

Romans 1:19-20 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Romans 2:14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another; )​

Before God ever wrote His commandments on stone, they were written in the conscience of man.

You need a commandment to know that killing is wrong? How sad are you.

glorydaz

The Holy Spirit shows men their sin not two blocks of stone.

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: John 16:7,8

You forgot what follows. "OF SIN BECAUSE THEY BELIEVE NOT ON ME".

The commandments show men their guilt, and the Holy Spirit convicts them of their need for a Saviour.

John 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;​

The commandments are merely the list of what not to do, so man will come to the Lord for His mercy and Grace. They realize their guilt (of breaking God's laws).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You need a commandment to know that killing is wrong? How sad are you.

You know how God said:

Whoever is deserving of death shall be put to death on the testimony of two or three witnesses; he shall not be put to death on the testimony of one witness. - Deuteronomy 17:6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy17:6&version=NKJV

And:

“One witness shall not rise against a man concerning any iniquity or any sin that he commits; by the mouth of two or three witnesses the matter shall be established. - Deuteronomy 19:15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy19:15&version=NKJV

And:

But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ - Matthew 18:16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew18:16&version=NKJV

And:

This will be the third time I am coming to you. “By the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established.” - 2 Corinthians 13:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Corinthians13:1&version=NKJV

God placed three witnesses into the ark of the covenant as testimony against mankind.

https://carm.org/what-was-inside-the-ark-covenant

The law is one of those witnesses.

----

When before the great white throne of God, people will say to Him that He has no evidence against them, that He cannot condemn them, but that ark contains enough evidence to condemn all to eternal damnation. God will say to them, "Here is My evidence against you."

God's Truth

This is how you twist the words of others. I, for one, am sick of it. Show me where I argued Paul was water baptized. I didn't, because I don't know, and have never claimed to know. Most people admit it isn't clear.

Are you surprised a Jew would say that? Paul was a Jew, Himself, and had not yet received the full revelation from our Risen Lord. Water baptism is not to be forbidden, but it never washed away sins, as the Jews practiced their temporary washings.

We are washed by the Spirit not by water.

I just proved you did defend Paul being water baptized, even though you then spoke untruths about water baptism.

Water baptism is a ceremony where one pledges something, makes a promise to God; not too much unlike a wedding ceremony.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I just proved you did defend Paul being water baptized, even though you then spoke untruths about water baptism.

Water baptism is a ceremony where one pledges something, makes a promise to God; not too much unlike a wedding ceremony.
Have you been to a mainstream church on a day of baptisms? Do you hear anybody making promises to God?

Matthew 5:33, 34, 35, 36, 37

Status
Not open for further replies.