How the Gospel Refutes All Religions and Reconciles Us to God

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Amen Sister! Neither does amr. He teaches that people Christ died for are still born condemned for their sins by God until they are believers, that's salvation by works also.

The souls Christ died for, were sinners condemned to die until He justified them in His lifetime, by shedding His blood on the cross. (Romans 5:9)

This was salvation worked on their behalf, in time.

They only became believers and realized their justification through faith, in their lifetimes, by the power and miracle of regeneration of the Holy Spirit; according to God's grace, and not by works at all.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I know you knew where I was headed: one of the places Reformed thought provides no logical answer.

If you were elect from eternity past (a big assumption in itself since no one can say with 100% certainty), then you were not unsaved -- in the sense of at risk of damnation -- before you believed.

There's no such thing as "eternity past". Eternity is one of God's incommunicable attributes, and is not the same as everlasting. Eternity is timelessness, and there is no past, present, or future as relates to created time. It has no beginning and no end. Everlasting has a beginning, but no end; and it's a part of creation.

Misunderstanding this is what causes the vast majority to project chronological sequence upon God and His eternality. This is why so many can't and don't comprehend election. For God, there is no "before". Though pervading time and space as creation, He is not bound by either. He is at once transcendant to creation and immanent within creation.

Election has nothing to do with "before" in the sense of speaking univocally of God and creation. There is no "after" for God, either. God is the I Am.

(This is an example post for others, since Musterion does not wish to correspond with me.)

Last edited:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Meanwhile... Here I am just wishing everyone could understand and employ faith as a noun instead of interposing it with the verb.

And it would be great if anyone understood Greek anarthrous nouns and the Greek article (and cases), since English has none of the foregoing and it creates huge issues that result in false ranges of doctrine.

beloved57

The souls Christ died for, were sinners condemned to die until He justified them in His lifetime, by shedding His blood on the cross. (Romans 5:9)

This was salvation worked on their behalf, in time.

They only became believers and realized their justification through faith, in their lifetimes, by the power and miracle of regeneration of the Holy Spirit; according to God's grace, and not by works at all.

You also teach against the death of Christ, those sinners Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies Rom 5:10 so they are not condemned!

Nang

TOL Subscriber
You also teach against the death of Christ, those sinners Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies Rom 5:10 so they are not condemned!

Those who were enemies of God and sentenced to death for their sins, were reconciled and justified by His life's blood, shed in their stead.

Do not ever accuse me of teaching against the death of Christ again . . .

beloved57

Nang

Those who were enemies of God and sentenced to death for their sins, were reconciled and justified by His life's blood, shed in their stead.

You teach that sinners Christ died for are born sinners condemned by God! Don't you believe that?Yes or No?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
If they don't accept the billionaire's check paying off 100% of their debt, their debt is still 100% on them. I know you're not so stupid that you can't grasp that simple fact. It's what reveals you to be a troll.

So if I go and pay off the mortgage on your house, then it's not really paid off unless you say it is even if the lump sum has been tendered in full?

Interesting fallacy.

beloved57

Nang

Where they Justified by God before they became believers and while they were unbelievers ? Yes or No

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang

You teach that sinners Christ died for are born sinners condemned by God! Don't you believe that?Yes or No?

Yes. Why do you think they were called "enemies" of God?

Before regeneration, all Christians were by nature, children of wrath, like all enemies of God. (Ephesians 2:1-3)

beloved57

Yes. Why do you think they were called "enemies" of God?

Before regeneration, all Christians were by nature, children of wrath, like all enemies of God. (Ephesians 2:1-3

Then you are inconsistent. You teach that Christ death did nothing for them. But His Death did do something for them, it reconciled them to God while they were enemies, sinners in their flesh.

Being a enemy of God means they were born sinners. I don't deny that, but they are not condemned for being born sinners.

Lilstu

How do you know if your sins are forgiven?

And what if they are not?

King David was a sinner and God loves him.

Jeremiah 30:7-9 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
7 ‘Alas! for that day is great,
There is none like it;
And it is the time of Jacob’s distress,
But he will be saved from it.
8 ‘It shall come about on that day,’ declares the Lord of hosts, ‘that I will break his yoke from off their neck and will tear off their bonds; and strangers will no longer make them their slaves. 9 But they shall serve the Lord their God and David their king, whom I will raise up for them.

Ezekiel 34:23-24 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
23 “Then I will set over them one shepherd, My servant David, and he will feed them; he will feed them himself and be their shepherd. 24 And I, the Lord, will be their God, and My servant David will be prince among them; I the Lord have spoken.

Ezekiel 37:24-25 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
24 “My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd; and they will walk in My ordinances and keep My statutes and observe them. 25 They will live on the land that I gave to Jacob My servant, in which your fathers lived; and they will live on it, they, and their sons and their sons’ sons, forever; and David My servant will be their prince forever.

Hosea 3:4-5 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
4 For the sons of Israel will remain for many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar and without ephod or household idols. 5 Afterward the sons of Israel will return and seek the Lord their God and David their king; and they will come trembling to the Lord and to His goodness in the last days.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Nang

Where they Justified by God before they became believers and while they were unbelievers ? Yes or No

You are ignoring the necessity of regeneration that manifests and applies the divine purpose and achievements of Christ's work of Atonement that justifies souls.

Salvation consists of decree, Incarnation, Atonement, Justification, calling, regeneration, Sanctification, and glorification. (e.g. Romans 8:28-30)

Omission of any of the above components in one's teaching, perverts the Gospel message.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You are ignoring the necessity of regeneration that manifests and applies the divine purpose and achievements of Chtist's work of Atonement that justifies souls.

Salvation consists of decree, Incarnation, Atonement, Justification, calling, regeneration, Sanctification, and glorification. (e.g. Romans 8:28-30)

Omission of any of the above components in one's teaching, perverts the Gospel message.

That'll preach!!

beloved57

So if I go and pay off the mortgage on your house, then it's not really paid off unless you say it is even if the lump sum has been tendered in full?

Interesting fallacy.

That is a fallacy indeed. Because if my debt was paid off in full, then the creditor has no more charges against me.And he needs to inform me of that, that he now reckons me debt free. It's a true fact whether I believe it or not.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
That is a fallacy indeed. Because if my debt was paid off in full, then the creditor has no more charges against me.And he needs to inform me of that, that he now reckons me debt free. It's a true fact whether I believe it or not.

Yes, and BTW if you'd like to do that on my behalf, I'll forward you the pertinent banking info. :)

Nang

TOL Subscriber

"Believing" is not why or how a soul is justified . . Faith is Godly evidence the soul has been justified and raised to new spiritual life in Jesus Christ.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
"Believing" is not why or how a soul is justified . . Faith is Godly evidence the soul has been justified and raised to new spiritual life in Jesus Christ.

^ This. ^. Because pisteuo (believing) is a verb, but pistis (faith) is a noun. Nouns aren't verbs. The "thing" that is faith comes by the noun of hearing; which is by means of the Word (Rhema) of Christ.

beloved57

You are ignoring the necessity of regeneration that manifests and applies the divine purpose and achievements of Christ's work of Atonement that justifies souls.

Again You also teach against the death of Christ, those sinners Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies Rom 5:10 so they are not condemned!

Nang your teaching is antichrist !

beloved57

Once again, you are inconsistent, you teach that sinners Christ died for are condemned as unbelievers, when they are not, they are born into this world reconciled to God as enemies Rom 5:10 !

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[MENTION=9508]Robert Pate[/MENTION]

I have seen many, many, people get under conviction when confronted with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

They will clench their fist. Cross their arms, Grit their teeth, Take a step back or walk away.

However, some would accept Christ as their savior and pray with me.

I have personally witnessed to hundreds, maybe thousands on a one to one basis. I learned to become a bold witness for Christ through "Christian in Action", but I don't believe in their doctrine. They are Pentecostals.

Can you answer the questions, Robert?

Why were you convicted and not your neighbor? For that matter, why was not all the entire peoples of the world convicted on the Day of Pentecost?

Why did the Holy Spirit do a work upon you and not upon another? If you were not specifically chosen by the Holy Spirit, then what lies behind this act of the Holy Spirit?

AMR

Last edited: