• I agree with Clete's description

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • I disagree with Clete's description

Votes: 17 51.5%

• Total voters

smaller

BANNED
Banned
I only observe the ineffectiveness of your "god" in "saving" 4-6 out of 100 people. This is a fair observation.
Here’s more about the exclusive rights to entering into the kingdom of God for eternity.

Don’t be deceived, only the righteous of God will be saved.

1Co 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
Many, not all will be made righteous.
Ro 5:19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.
You must be found in Him.
Php 3:9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which [is] from the law, but that which [is] through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
God is our salvation, you must be found in Him
1Co 1:30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God——and (righteousness and sanctification and redemption ——
Or you are without Him for eternity, alone with the pain and guilt and never ending damnation of your un-forgiven sin and wickedness.

But you see 1Way, I do not DISAGREE with ANY of the text. Only the FALSE INTERPRETATIONS of them that are used to CONDEMN OTHERS. I do not find such ETERNAL CONDEMNATION OF OTHERS (your neighbors) as SOUND. When the SAME STANDARD of your own judgment is APPLIED to you, you ALSO FAIL. This too is a fair observation.
I don’t miss the non point. We do not say that God can not save even 100%,

Well BRAVO for your little squeak of TRUTH.

we say He can,

No you DO NOT. You perpetually give your PLAINLY SUBJECTIVE AND SELECTIVE interpretations of WHY God CANNOT and you place nearly ALL of the CANNOTs upon YOUR NEIGHBORS.

I would find my neighbors largely NOT ABLE to TURN GOD from His Intentions.
but we also say He will not because God is true, His word is clear on the matter that only the few will be saved.

You only are consistent in your IGNORANCE of the texts that CONTRADICT your view making your view SUBJECTIVE nonsense.
You argue as though beating the air, vainly.

And your god is as observed, a PATHETIC LOOSER and a LIAR to boot.

Far from THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD which HE represented He IS.
Knight was right, if you honestly find us so dumb and so unfit and wrong, then why stoop to our level, why not promote your self made ideas where people are smart enough to believe in you?

The Good News is for ALL PEOPLE. Even you ETERNAL DAMNATION OF OTHERS people. I see you as beheaded for the testimony you HELD (past tense.)

By "beheaded" I mean GOD'S WORDS do not RULE your mind, but the accuser of others and the one who seeks to destroy others DOES rule your mind, that is also as obvious as the looser god you present.

As such you are a beheaded slave. I simply feel sorry for you.

smaller

1Way

+OL remote satellite affiliate
I can just see the smaller now.
  • Police officer asks smaller for his driver’s license and vehicle registration
  • smaller says, what is the problem officer,
  • the officer says, I clocked you speeding 7 over the limit,
  • smaller says, but I don’t think my name is specifically listed for that limit, so I think I am excepted from the rule, may I have my license and registration back please.
  • Police officer says, step away from the car, are you currently taking any medications or hallucinogens? ...
smaller is so wise and reasonable.

1Way

Don’t be deceived
  • 1Co 6:9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.
Many be made righteous.
  • Ro 5:19 For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.
Be found “in Him”.
  • Php 3:9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which [is] from the law, but that which [is] through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;
God is our salvation, you must be found in Him
  • 1Co 1:30 But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God——and (righteousness and sanctification and redemption ——
Or you are without Him and His righteousness and redemption.

BChristianK

quote:
Originally posted by smaller

Uh huh...that's what all people who condemn their neighbors to eternally burn say...

I see your spiders have usurped your god. No surprise
I can see Smaller hasn't expanded his horizons since I put him on my ignore list. :chuckle:

Melody

Smaller, you obviously have a very different concept of God than I do. But how has that viewpoint made you different from those you apparently disagree with.

Has it made you less judgemental than others, more accepting.

You claim to know a God that is all-forgiving, do you think that you are exhibiting the spirit of that God?

Have you yourself submitted in obedience to the commands of this non-judgemental God?

!!!!First

The idea of how we view God - I was thinking on this the other day and became aware that if in the Bible where every time God shows mercy to us - and does not take action agaisnt us when we did something wrong - we would probably read a few thousand or million examples of where God seems to ignor our sin, simply forgives it outright - this is the case in my life anyways, and is aparent from talking with other Christians - that God has spared us His Wrath - allowing us to repent - but the Bible tends to record more of the events where God does not spare His Wrath - and people are punished on the spot for their sins - this I think needs to be taken into account when trying to understand the Nature of God.

!!!!First

BChristianK

Clete, I respectfully disagree..

You said:
God is the ultimate right wing conservative wacko extremist of the universe.
I really like that! It just flows nicely off the tongue! Here, let's read that again...
God is the ultimate right wing conservative wacko extremist of the universe!
Beautiful! Isn't it great to have a God that isn't anything at all like Bill Clinton!
If you disagree with this, I suggest that you read the Bible, lest you become one that the Chief Corner Stone falls upon and crushes into powder.

He isn’t at all like bill Clinton or George Bush, I don’t know why we try to create God in our own image, as if God were our petty political puppet or our mascot. God isn’t a an elephant or an ***, He is bigger than the right wing or the left. I would agree that He looks at the left and wonders why they are so quick to tolerate the sins He hates. And I would bet that He looks at the right and wonders why they make fun of environmentalists when the first command He gave Adam was a command of dominion over something that doesn’t belong to us.
All I can do is post on this web site and shun as many homos as I come in contact with.

Which is what God did to us, just as filthy as homos gentile sinners right?

No.

He humiliated himself by becoming a human and hanging out with prostitutes and sinners.

Jesus hung out with them and then called from their sin to follow Him, the right wingers shun them and the left wingers accept everything even the sin. Sounds like neither side is very Christ like to me.

And finally, God doesn't like those who ride fences.
And He likewise doesn’t like people defining where the fences are for him.

Well, there isn't really much to say on this. If you disagree, again, read the Bible!
Have, am, will continue to, and still disagree with ya ;)

Grace and Peace

1Way

!!!!First – There’s a world of difference between

God has spared us His Wrath

-- verses --

God ignoring our sin
  • 1Th 5:9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

-- verses --

1Co 3:11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
Salvation means no condemnation in terms of where you will stay, but in terms of your reward, God’s fire consumes ungodliness, even saints can not sin and expect God to ignore it.

!!!!First

1 Way there is a world of difference in
God seems to ignor our sin,

and
God ignoring our sin

but granted what you posted
God has spared us His Wrath

is much better phrased

I wonder though if I phrased what I was trying to say - That if every time God spared us His Wrath - if it was recorded in the Bible - would we have to go through a few thousand verses - or even a million verses before we read anything about God's Wrath - the point of the post I made is that most of God sparing His Wrath - the individual accounts are not proportionately mentioned in the text - that there are more accounts of God sparing His Wrath to His People, that are not recorded - than accounts of God's Wrath - agree or disagree but do you understand what I was posting about - and how this Wrath of God - as written in the Bible, paints a portrait of God that is a little unbalanced?

!!!!First

1Way

BChristianK – You quoted Clete saying
All I can do is post on this web site and shun as many homos as I come in contact with.
and then you said
Which is what God did to us, just as filthy as homos gentile sinners right?

No.

He humiliated himself by becoming a human and hanging out with prostitutes and sinners.

Jesus hung out with them and then called from their sin to follow Him, the right wingers shun them and the left wingers accept everything even the sin. Sounds like neither side is very Christ like to me.
Shunning the sexually immoral is the godly response, yet you judge against Clete for his goodness in obeying God.
  • Pr 6:16 These six [things] the LORD hates, Yes, seven [are] an abomination to Him: 17 A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood,
    18 A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil,
    19 A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren.

1Co 5:11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner——not even to eat with such a person.
Don’t be nicer than God. Shun sexual immorality, abhor evil, cling to what is good.

Last edited:

1Way

!!!First – You said
- that there are more accounts of God sparing His Wrath to His People, that are not recorded - than accounts of God's Wrath - agree or disagree but do you understand what I was posting about - and how this Wrath of God - as written in the Bible, paints a portrait of God that is a little unbalanced?
I understand, even that this issue can be viewed from several vantage points,

how many actual accounts total
how many were recorded
how many were not recorded
how many were of wrath
how many were of wrath withheld
etc etc.

But by logical extension, we can know much. When one single good event happens like the saving of a lost sole, the heavens rejoice.
  • Lu 15:7 "I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.
Likewise, when the wicked get theirs, the righteous seeks vengeance even rejoices in it.
Ps 58:10 The righteous shall rejoice when he sees the vengeance; He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked,

Re 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, O Lord, holy and true, until You judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"
So it’s godly to rejoice over a saved soul, and to rejoice when the wicked are avenged. If your love is not for both things, it risks hypocrisy.
  • Ro 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.
So it’s not about how many examples do we find, it’s about what is right and what is wrong, good and evil are mutually exclusive.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 1Way

!!!First – You said I understand, even that this issue can be viewed from several vantage points,

how many actual accounts total
how many were recorded
how many were not recorded
how many were of wrath
how many were of wrath withheld
etc etc.

But by logical extension, we can know much. When one single good event happens like the saving of a lost sole, the heavens rejoice.
  • Lu 15:7 "I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.
Likewise, when the wicked get theirs, the righteous seeks vengeance even rejoices in it. So it’s godly to rejoice over a saved soul, and to rejoice when the wicked are avenged. If your love is not for both things, it risks hypocrisy.
  • Ro 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.
So it’s not about how many examples do we find, it’s about what is right and what is wrong, good and evil are mutually exclusive.

1Way's brilliance strikes again! :up:

!!!!First

1Way

You make a good point - Though it is very easy for me to rejoice when the wicked perish, I for myself have to curb this type of blood lust - and try very hard to sincerely pray for God to hold back His Wrath on the wicked, so the wicked will repent; something that does not come naturally - but I do find this as being taught of the Lord - to pray for, and bless those - whom we would of otherwise as children of wrath - only cursed and hurt.

!!!!First

1Way

The finality of justice and wrath upon the wicked

verses

The temporal opportunity to repent

God takes no pleasure even in the death of the wicked.
  • Eze 33:11 "Say to them: ‘[As] I live,’ says the Lord GOD, ‘I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live. Turn, turn from your evil ways! For why should you die, O house of Israel?’
Why, because God desires that all be saved, so sin and evil hurt God even though He is willing to forgive for all eternity if you will only trust in Him. So this godly appreciation for vengeance is not just general, it is specifically for those who are unrepentantly evil, and ultimately for those who oppose God and His righteousness. So it is not simply a “blood lust”, it is a desire for righteousness and justice, vengeance against the wicked, often because they have a general blood lust. We should “never” stop wanting vengeance against evil. But we should also always want evil people to repent. These are two separate issues that should not be confused.

Thank you closed minded Poly of exclusive biblical clarity.

Cyrus of Persia

Cyrus - Clete did not suggest a full depiction of who God is. He simply focused on one aspect that people tend to ignore or disbelieve and even violate.

Sorry, but i cannot agree with anyone who like Clete wishes certain group of people to be executed even if they do not use violence toward others (like murderers, or rapists do). And Clete is one of the leading figures in those boards who justifies his hatred toward homos by mis-using the Scripture. Instead the Gospel of Grace that calls everyone to repentance, he is advocating Gospel of Sword for certain people (and this time - homos).

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by Knight

You would be happier..... as would all of us. :kookoo:

All of us?

I do not have any problems with Smaller. But i do have problems with hatred some people's posts contain. And i do not mean you.

1Way

Cyrus - You have no problem with smaller, i.e. vile gross even gratuitously violent slander and personal strife central, ...

but you have a problem with people who oppose such things.

Sounds pretty much like you are trying to be nicer than God to me.

1Way

Cyrus - You said
Sorry, but i cannot agree with anyone who like Clete wishes certain group of people to be executed even if they do not use violence toward others (like murderers, or rapists do).
So in your view, God was wrong for making homosexuality a capitol offense. Homosexuality is harmful and promotes death by denying procreation (the creation of new life) and greatly advancing early death. Not to mention that it is immoral and sinful and evil.

I think God was right, so does Clete. You should learn to become loving instead of being a sinful hypocrite.
You have one option, abhor what is evil and cling to what is good, or be a leaven promoting hypocrite by defending the evil of homosexuality.

Cyrus of Persia

Cyrus - You have no problem with smaller, i.e. vile gross even gratuitously violent slander and personal strife central, ...

but you have a problem with people who oppose such things.

Sounds pretty much like you are trying to be nicer than God to me.

Have you ever bothered to think deeply about Smaller's point he is trying to make with every message he posts?

Although i gave up discussing with him, because we got different views about some things, he is never filled with thoughts of killing some people just because their sex-orientation is different. You see - sinner is sinner - but if someone justifies killing someone, because his sin is so "special" i see it evil.

That is why i do not have problems with Smaller, but i do have a big problem with Christian Reconstructivists.